TVLine Items: True Blood Casts a Terminator as Alcide's Pa, Bored to Death Movie Talk and More

Robert Patrick True BloodAlcide’s father is a real terminator.

True Blood has tapped erstwhile T-1000 Robert Patrick to play Jackson Herveaux, the father of Joe Manganiello’s werewolf in a three-episode arc, TVLine has confirmed.

Jackson is described as a once “powerful, inspiring, and heroic” man who, in present day, has seemingly given up on life. X-Files vet Patrick, who co-stars in ABC’s new fall thriller Last Resort, first appears in Episode 9 in a flashback to Alcide and Debbie Pelt’s teenage years.

RELATED | True Blood Scoop: Tina Majorino Cast as [Spoiler]

True-Blood.net first reported the casting news.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• HBO’s Bored to Death still has a pulse. Former Bored star Ted Danson revealed Thursday at the Monte Carlo Television Festival that the pay cabler is looking to revive the axed comedy via a 90-minute TV movie. (HBO confirms the news to Vulture, but notes that talks are in the “very early” stages.)

• Syndicated daytime talkers The Jerry Springer Show, Maury and The Steve Wilkos Show have all been renewed through September 2016.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (15)

• Ugh, no more alcids story. I’m sorry, but I find the actor (or the character or both) very dull. Sucks the life out if every scene he’s in.

Comment by Jrs – June 15, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Alcide’s awesome IMO

Comment by mac – June 15, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Can’t get enough of seeing Alcide even when he’s not will sookie

Comment by Vicki – June 16, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s very funny when he’s with Sookie and Eric.

I’d LOVE to see that Bored To Death movie!!

Comment by αrmαиndo α. – June 15, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Book!Alcide is way better than Show!Alcide. Although Joe is VERY easy to look at.

Comment by Purpledragonfly1229 – June 15, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really? I quite like him and he doesn’t get NEARLY enough screen time.

Comment by Danielle H – June 15, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t see Robert Patrick as Alcides dad at all. I like him as an actor but not for Jackson H.

Comment by Raechel Bosquez – June 15, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree.

Comment by Purpledragonfly1229 – June 15, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wouldn’t have pegged him either, but let’s see how they make him look. He might be a good Jackson after all.

Comment by Josey – June 15, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m waiting to see before I judge. Not who I would have cast, but he’s got good chops. I’m just glad they’re casting an actual character from the books. I’m sick of all these additions who weren’t in the original source material, the sole exception being Jessica. I adored her last season. I hope they don’t play up this “sorority bimbo” thing she’s doing very long. Boring.

Comment by Josey – June 15, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jessica is forever 17. She is now going through her “college years”.. She is evolving like any vampire.. Look how far the rest of them have come from the back stories we know so far. I suspect by EP 6 she will move on to more adult stuff. It Bon Temps years she has only been a vamp for probably going on 1 1/2 -2 years.. Which would make her mentally 19-20ish. The fun part will see her evolve. Mentally past Jason (who is stunted) and her moving past him.

Comment by Dark Defender – June 16, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So whatever happened to her forever staying a virgin??

Comment by ElisaDay – June 16, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I thought they mentioned that it’s still a factor, but she likes the pain now.

Comment by Mikael – June 18, 2012 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Robert Patrick. I think he will be just fine as Alcide’s father.

Comment by tvdiva – June 18, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post