What to Watch Friday: Fairly Legal's Finale, Brave House Hunters, Amy Poehler's Big Bang and More

On TV this Friday:  Fairly Legal’s Kate has to choose between two hunks, House Hunters choose between fabulous vacation homes in two destinations and Megastunts’ Nik Wallenda has to choose whether or not to plummet to his death. (Note: One of these dilemmas is a no-brainer.) Here are 10 programs to check out tonight:

8 pm Let It Shine (Disney Channel) | Tyler James Williams (Everybody Hates Chris) and Radio Disney N.B.T. finalist Coco Jones star in this musical TV-movie, in which the best friend of a teenage songwriter takes credit for his lyrics.

8 pm WWE Smackdown (Syfy) | Like peanut butter and jelly, two greats work together when WWE champion CM Punk and world heavyweight champion Sheamus tag-team to get the job done.

8:30 pm Community (NBC) | Check out Yvette Nicole Brown in this super fun repeat, as foosball unlocks Shirley’s darker instincts. Plus, animé!

RELATED | Emmys 2012: The Supporting Actress Comedy Race in Review, Including Our Dream Nominees

9 pm Fairly Legal (USA Network) | Season 2  finale: The scandal Kate uncovers as she investigates a lesbian couple’s firing at a news station is nothing compared to the night’s big moment — will the comely mediator choose ex-husband Justin or law partner Ben? Caprica’s Esai Morales and Degrassi: The Next Generation’s Ted Atherton guest star.

9 pm Megastunts: Highwire Over Niagara Falls – Live! (ABC) | After Countdown to Niagara: The Greatest Megastunts of All Time! airs at 8 pm/7c – and if watching this kind of thing doesn’t make your feet sweat in anxious anticipation — witness daredevil Nik Wallenda tiptoe along a tightrope strung 173 feet above the famous waterfall.

9 pm The Ricky Gervais Show (HBOe) | In a bit of turnabout on behalf of any American who’s ever been stymied by a bidet, Brit Karl contemplates toilets abroad, as well as evolution, recycling and the beginnings of the universe.

9 pm House Hunters on Vacation (HGTV) | Tonight’s episode includes a tour of Pixar Studios and an extended preview of the upcoming animated film, Brave, which should hold your kids over until the movie’s release next week.

RELATED | Hot for Summer: 100 Premiere Dates and More!

10 pm Common Law (USA Network) | Wes and Travis look into some home robberies committed by a team of masked bandits who turn out to be disgruntled members of Up With People. (Not really.) But the gang might be led by one of Travis’ foster brothers. (Really.)

9:30 pm Tyler Perry’s House of Payne (TBS) | Never a quiet moment in the Payne universe: Deshawn gets in trouble for bullying a kid at school, and Miranda and Janine begin fighting over petty things. Given that both ladies have been forgiven many times over by many people, you think they’d have a little perspective, no?

10 pm Comedy Bang! Bang! (IFC) | Parks and Recreation’s Amy Poehler stops by for a little surreal chat and booty-shaking.

Which of the above is a must-see for you? Also, hit Comments to offer your own tune-in suggestions.

1. david says:

Community’s Amy Poehler? Really?

2. Amanda says:

Comedy Bang Bang was horrible last week. I expected so much more. Complete crap!

3. Jess says:

I will be in downtown Niagara Falls & the park watching “Megastunts: Highwire Over Niagara Falls – Live!” and see Nik Wallenda put his name in the history books!

4. Kristy says:

Kate is the worst character ever. She’s so childish and obnoxious. Michael Trucco is the only reason I watch that show. Actually, no, that’s not true because I like everyone else too. Get rid of Kate and I’d enjoy the show so much more.

• dukeroberts says:

Kate is gorgeous and it’s her somewhat childlike behavior that makes her good at what she does. And Michael Trucco is obnoxious. Is he even good looking? He doesn’t look like the type of guy that women would find particularly good looking. I don’t like how they’ve changed Justin’s character this season. They’ve tweaked him just enough so that that obnoxious Trucco might seem more appealing to Kate. Yuck.

• VJW says:

Wow. Are you sure you aren’t confusing Justin (Trucco) with Ben? Ben was by far THE worst change to the show this season. His scenes made the show almost unwatchable – and the forced relationship between he and Kate was so far-fetched, it was unbelievable. Personally, I thought last season was the better of the two – before the powers that be at USA decided the show needed tweaking…

• Chloe says:

I soooo completely agree! For the life of me, I can’t understand why they added that obnoxious moron, Ben. The show has been boring this season. I only stuck with it because of Kate & Justin & Lauren [who is a hoot to watch]. But if Kate picks Ben, I won’t be watching Season 3.

• Chloe says:

Above comment was supposed to be in reply to VJW. Not sure what happened!

• dukeroberts says:

I think the replies aren’t working properly. Mine appears to be attached to a totally different post.
            Just to reiterate. I like Justin and greatly dislike Ben.

• dukeroberts says:

Oops. Sorry. Thanks for correcting me on that.I got the actor’s real name wrong. Ben is obnoxious.

• Babygate says:

Agreed!!!

5. Dennis says:

FAIRLY LEGAL!! GREAT SHOW, should be renewed for a third season!

6. Eliza says:

I love Fairly Legal but the thought of Ben being Kate’s soulmate over Justin….um, no. Will never buy that. And Justin helps Kate out more times than I can count… Do not see how she could manage all that much without him. He’s very good to her (and her firm).

• L. Key says:

I don’t like Ben at all. Don’t know if it’s the actor (what’s with the hair?) or the character they have him playing.

7. rikes says:

I’m tired of the highschool like back and forth between Ben and Kate. I know some people like the chase but there’s is just lame and boring.

8. abeachchick says:

I like Ben better than Justin. Justin is so boring. I hope she picks Ben. That hot tub scene was HOT!

9. Justin says:

Fairly Legal and Common Law for me tonight.

10. Nicole says:

I actually liked this season. I stopped watching last season because it was boring. I began watching this season again because of Ben. He’s adorable, and probably just as immature as Kate, which I suppose is why they are perfect for eachother.

11. Babygate says:

I have not been able to watch Fairly Legal this season because of that awful Ben character. Let me know when he’s gone and I will watch again.

12. dukeroberts says:

And Lauren is sexy as hell in those outfits she wears.

13. M says:

Hooray for being in the minority, I guess.

I’m all Team Ben. Maybe it’s the latent aversion to Toasters…

• Pebbles says:

LOL – can’t argue with this logic. Maybe that’s why I’ve been leaning toward Ben & away from Justin lately! 8-)

14. Juan says:

Fairly Legal and Common Law

15. Cathy says:

Do not like Ben at all. Have only watched two episodes since he’s been on it, and just don’t see the appeal.

16. davej says:

I love Sara Shahi. I think she is one of the most beautiful and funny women on TV, but the character is so over the top unbalanced that I have almost stopped watching. Now, I just DVR through the crazy stuff. Please balance her character. A little crazy is nice and actually exciting and hot, but IMO her character goes too far to the point of being unattractive.

• dukeroberts says:

Like so many people, Kate is very good at her job, but has a less than perfect personal life. That is kind of a mess. She hasn’t done anything so outlandish to make herself “unattractive” though. Nothing she has done is irredeemable. She is still extremely likeable. And gorgeous.

• sladewilson says:

I agree. I’m starting to really dislike Kate and find myself rooting for Lauren and Justin. BTW – if she picks Ben over Justin, I’m done. I’ll realize she really is a ditz and why Dad would have NEVER left her in charge. Poor Leo – both bosses are dingy – he should’ve stuck with Lauren…

17. Amy says:

Sorry to all you Ben-haters but Justin cheated on kate and now he just wants her for his election. I’ll admit Ben was initially obnoxious at first (writers wrote him that way) but he grows on you. I’ll still be anxious for season 3 regardless of who Kate chooses.

• Kristen says:

While I disagree that Justin only wants Kate for his election, he did cheat on her, and he lied about it. I think everyone is forgetting that. I love Kate and Justin, but lately I have been growing fond of Ben and Kate. I think I’m still a bigger fan of Justin, but I wouldn’t be completely disappointed with Ben.

18. Deamar says:

Must say…watched the show a couple times last season and found it bland. Enter Ben Grogan — best thing that could have happened to FL! I get that if you liked Justin in Season 1, it would be hard to watch his relationship with Kate erode during the course of Season 2– but really now, who would go back to a bowl of vanilla after a taste of Rocky Road? Not me….and, apparently, not Kate Reed.

Love Ben Grogan. Love Ryan Johnson and the distinct, funny/complex way he plays the character. AND….his hair is fantastic!

Justin CHEATED — and then only told Kate about it when he felt like there wasn’t anything to lose — a “good guy” who ain’t that good. How rare….

19. deedee says:

That ANYONE could prefer Justin over Ben is one of the great mysteries of the universe to me…..Mr. Johnson is going to be a star…mark my words!

20. dukeroberts says:

The divorce papers were all but signed when he cheated on Kate. That was a jerk move on the part of the writers. They wanted to force Ben on us and thought that would make it easier.

21. caliiangel says:

I love Ben and I loved him right from the start. Although I loved him for completely different reasons by season end. His character grew so much and he clearly cares deeply for Kate. The chemistry between Kate and Ben is amazing and my reason for falling in love with this show this season. The addition of Ryan Johnson and the character Ben have made this show a must watch. I love this show so much. All the characters are great and its just a joy to watch. USA please announce a season 3 pick up ASAP!!!