Damages First Look: Is [Spoiler] Dead?!

We’ve got to give it to Damages: It’s a pretty gutsy move to show one of your main characters, bloodied and apparently not breathing, in a preview of your final season.

That’s precisely what the DirecTV drama has done in this recently released clip; the video ends with Rose Byrne’s Ellen staring blankly at the sky after an apparent fall from a rooftop. Might the young lawyer have raised her last objection… ever?

RELATED | Damages’ Fifth and Final Season First Look: Gather ’Round the Table!

The preview’s chock-full of interesting visuals, including shots of new cast members Ryan Phillippe and Jenna Elfman interspersed with explosions, as well as a quick flash of Elfman’s character in the tub she teased to TVLine earlier this year. And, of course, we see Glenn Close’s Patty, who menacingly asks Byrne, “You wanna end this once and for all?” Yowza.

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments to give us your take on the vid!

1. Viv says:

Damages loves a good dream sequence, so I’m hoping this is a fake out.

2. RyanC says:

It’s the final season, so the flash-forward season long mystery will probably be something like “How did Ellen die?” or something similar. Like season 3 did with another major character.

3. Josh says:

Oh I hope they don’t kill Ellen. That would suck! I heard the flash foward involves Jenna Elfman. I’m guessing it’s a stylistic promo thing, maybe saying something like “Will Ellen fall from grace” aka “Will Ellen become Patty?”

4. heLLpaso says:

It’s gonna be a fake-out, as with Sanchez last season.

5. jasie says:

Gonna be great no matter what it is.

6. Lynne says:

What it all boils down to is two quotes from Damages. Patty saying to Ellen in Season 1, “Trust know one” and Season 2 with Michael saying to his mother, “People either leave you or they die”.

7. RENNIE says:

PETTY HEWES VS ELLEN PARSONS,ITS GONNA BE EPIC

8. David says:

The only person that could die between the two and it feel right is Patty. Ellen can’t die, that would be rediculously wrong.

I don’t have DirectTV but somehow I have got to see this, it will be killer (pun intended :)

9. L says:

I have missed this program. We don’t have DirectTV!

10. Kat says:

This show is so, so good. Really deserves much more recognition then it gets with such phenomenal writing, acting and casting every single season. Wish it was on a major network so more people knew about it as literally every single person in my family from my dad to my mom to my brother all really enjoy watching it. But regardless, CAN’T WAIT for the final season come July!! Whatever happens, I trust it won’t disappoint. Sure gonna miss it when it’s gone. So plan to cherish every last episode!

11. Farouk says:

You can watch it on netflix.