TVLine Items: Offerman, Washington to Reveal Emmy Noms, TCA Awards Host Named and More!

Ron Swanson and Olivia Pope are teaming up.

Parks and Recreation‘s Nick Offerman and Scandal‘s Kerry Washington will announce the 64th Annual Primetime Emmy nominations on Thursday, July 19 at 8:40 am EST.

The 2012 Emmys — hosted by late-night funnyman Jimmy Kimmel — will air live Sunday, Sept. 23 on ABC.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Bryan Cranston has been named host of this year’s Television Critics Association Awards, which take place Saturday, July 28 in Los Angeles. The gig will mark the Breaking Bad star’s first foray into awards-show hosting. Cranston is also nominated for the TCA Awards’ Individual Achievement in Drama, an honor he won in 2009.

RELATED | Showtime’s Homeland Leads TCA Nominations

• Brent Spiner (Star Trek: The Next Generation) has booked a major recurring role in Season 4 of Warehouse 13 (which launches July 23), TV Guide Magazine reports. He’ll play the leader of a top-secret sect. Spiner previously guested on Syfy’s Alphas during Season 1.

• TLC has renewed My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding for a second season, per The Hollywood Reporter.

RELATED | Syfy’s Sanctuary Cancelled: ‘Bloody Hell’ and More Reactions from the Cast

• NBC has given a pilot order to The Secret Lives Of Husbands And Wives, a Jerry Bruckheimer project based on the novel by the same name. Per Deadline, the thriller/soap follows three couples dealing with the aftermath of a murder.

• MTV has given the green light to a new late-night series starring comediennes Nikki Glaser and Sara Schaefer, TV Guide Magazine reports. The Nikki and Sara Show is slated to launch later this year and will air weekly at 11 pm.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (22)

• I hope that means Nick Offerman is the one getting the nomination. Not Kerry Washington, for God sake, please, no.

Comment by Marin Kuharić (@Prkan_708) – June 14, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You have something against atttractive intelligent actresses?

Comment by vincentdante – June 14, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have nothing against attractive intelligent actresses – who know how to act. ;) Big difference.

Comment by Marin Kuharić (@Prkan_708) – June 14, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh please. I’m not much of a fan of Scandal at all but its not hard to tell that it is Kerry Washington’s acting performance that carries that show. It may be too new of a show for her to get a nomination, but she knows how to act.

Comment by Adam – June 14, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe they’ll both be nominated! :)

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch – June 14, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking that too!

Comment by Harrison – June 14, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Kerry Washington gets nominated, I’m not watching the Emmys. She’s the worst thing about Scandal, which is already a pretty crappy show (scratch that, it’s the worst show from 2011-2012).

Nick Offerman, on the other hand, should get nominated – and win!

Comment by stefanjames – June 14, 2012 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You obviously never saw Work It or Are You There, Chelsea? Both are far worse.
      Plus Kerry Washington was excellent in Scandal which was fantastic compared to half the shows during 2011-12.

Comment by Russ – June 15, 2012 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally I know I’m not the only one who can’t stand Kerry Washington.

Comment by tvaddict – June 14, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is this the Kerry Washington hate club?

Comment by Ayana – June 14, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This better mean Nick Offerman is FINALLY getting an Emmy nomination. I know it has been said, but it bears repeating: Parks and Recreation is the funniest, smartest show out there right now. Nick Offerman is absolutely amazing as Ron Swanson. See: Ron & the Tammys.

Comment by Amy – June 14, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Simple Ayana, She is a black female on a TV Show with a white male love interest. Always a combo for an unfair amount of hate.

Comment by John – June 14, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Someone always has to resort to the race card.

Comment by AJ – June 14, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m confused. Are the Emmy nominations being announced on Tuesday, June 19, or on Thursday, June 21??

Comment by J – June 14, 2012 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nevermind….just realized it said July! Didn’t have my reading glasses on!

Comment by J – June 14, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Crap, I totally read that as June 19th and got excited. Still another month to go! Oh well, hopefully Nick O. is going to be announcing himself that day. Didn’t Melissa McCarthy do that last year?
    I can’t comment on Kerry Washington possibly announcing herself, as I’ve never seen Scandal and never will. I’ve got a chip on my shoulder against Shonda Rhymes. But I think Kerry can’t be that bad of an actress as she’s going to be in the new Quentin Tarantino film coming out this Christmas. Tarantino usually casts his films pretty well, so I figure she must know what she’s doing pretty well on screen. Still, lead actress in a drama is going to be a tough field, and Scandal came out so late in the season, I doubt the Emmy voters will want to recognize it. Plus I think they have the same chip on their shoulder against Shonda Rhymes shows that I do, as well they should. And Claire Danes probably already has a spot on the shelf dusted off for this award, so it doesn’t matter as much who else gets nominated in that category anyway.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – June 14, 2012 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love them both. Hopefully Nick gets in this year. Kerry’s a long shot (Drama Actress is pretty crowded and Claire Danes is going to win, deservedly so), but she’s very strong on Scandal. Maybe she can get in at the Globes.

Comment by Coco – June 14, 2012 11:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ron Swanson would think very highly of Olivia Pope.

Comment by lydiakj – June 15, 2012 02:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John, you are absolutely wrong. I find her to be a terrible actress, with a whiny tone, no emotional connection to the audience, and am sure she only got this part and others because she is attractive. I don’t care what color her love interest is. As far as I am concerned the fact that you even brought it up makes you a bit of a race baiter.

Comment by tvaddict – June 15, 2012 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • really hoping nick offerman will get a nom! he totally deserves it!

Comment by jess – June 15, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Kerry does or doesn’t get nominated this is still great exposure for Scandal and as a Scandal fan I am very happy and excited. Plus she’s guaranteed to attend or announce at the Emmys this year too.

Comment by Monique – June 16, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • kerry washington gives one of the best performances of the year in Scandal.

Comment by sam – June 17, 2012 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post