It's Official: Showtime Cancels Weeds, Season 8 Will Be Show's Last

Weeds CancelledWeeds is going up in smoke.

Showtime has pulled the plug on the long-running pot dramedy; the show’s upcoming eighth season will be its last.

“There were two shows, Weeds and Dexter, that really got Showtime taken seriously for cutting-edge original programming,” Showtime entertainment president David Nevins told EW.com, which broke the news. “How they get brought home is really important. In this case, both for the sake of the two women behind the show [series creator Jenji Kohan and leading lady Mary-Louise Parker] and an audience that’s really invested in the show. TV fans love nothing better to complain about how shows end and we really want to end this one the right way.”

Weeds’ farewell season premieres Sunday, July 1.

1. Talldrinkawater says:

Can’t finish that last thought…seriously tired. Seriously just finished watching four episodes of Weeds. But, I have Nurse Jackie waiting for me! God, I need to read a book!!

2. adam says:

It absolutely is NOT ENOUGH. Great shows go on for a lot longer. They have ebbs and flows. This show was but a child. wished it could have gotten to grow up!

3. grimas says:

That’s what makes a show great it ends. What makes a show real is to conceptualize the demise of a major character

4. Kris says:

Thats some BS, they should keep it going. This show is the best!

5. pablo says:

weeds is awsome why should it get canceled

6. Stacia says:

I’m very sad to see the show go… Very upset they rushed it to an end…. I LOVE WEEDS…I was definitely hoping for a season 9 :(

7. Misty Balen says:

Great show! Sad to see it end. In my opinion should’ve had another season. Just makes you want to keep on watching and knowing what’s next. Very afflicting show makes you feel like part of the Botwin family.

8. B.J. Upshaw says:

What the hell man? You guys ruined my life I was sitting here day after day waiting on Weeds to make a new season. This will forever be one of my favorites. I can relate in so many ways. Just remember folks, buy it, roll it, smoke it. On 420 everybody who loves Weeds gotta smoke one for Nancy, Silas, Andy, of course my nigga Conrad, Doug, and OG Heylia. Ima miss getting high while watching this.

• cameron says:

dont forget shane lol, i will forever miss this show :( i used to get baked all the time and watch it, i feel like my best freind died

9. Klarissa says:

best show ever. they should keep it going. I hated seeing the last episode!!! heartbreaking.

10. jan olson says:

Im just now watching the whole series on Netflix. This is the some of the best dialogue I’ve ever heard, on TV or movies. I could watch this the rest of my life. Sorry it has to end at season 8. Kudoos to the writers and creator of Weeds.

11. Taylor says:

I personally think all of the seasons of weeds are great. I had a blast watching them. Good job guys!

12. marie says:

Weeds has been part of my life for so long.I would have loved to see it go on for a few more seasons.FAVORITE SHOW EVER!!

13. Joe says:

weeds was the best show ever for us “stoners” i watched and loved every min of every episode. this show ended way to early there are so many more things to answer but alas i must deal with the end. weeds you set the stage for so many more shows of this nature i can only hope showtime walks through the door weeds has opened……side note Andy (of weeds) without a doubt best character of the show i will never forget the things said by andy during this awesome high ride of the greatest show ever put on this earth. weeds rip…thank god netflix has all the seasons.

14. Marcia stearns says:

Please bring Weeds back!

15. chhhiiiccckkiii says:

Wahhhhhh!!!!

16. Dee says:

Complete trash created by the ugliest woman on the planet. How on earth does her husband have sex with her? She looks like John Goodman in a wig and has a vocabulary limited to two or three of the nastiest curse words. Where’s the creativity here? Edginess is all that’s required today for this moronic public to think they’re watching something really good and for the idiots in Hollywood to hand out their meaningless awards. Pathetic. Good riddance Jenji Kohan and all your ilk (that includes Lena Dunham, the queen of frauds).

17. Wildcats22 says:

I am pretty sure that Tv people are all about the people and what they want to watch. I happen to know this because I talked to a women that was in this type of business. All that you guys want is what we want. That’s what sells. To be honest I absolutely love your tv show weeds and so do most of these people from the comments. I am just a ordinary person just like all of these people. All that “WE THE PEOPLE” want is for you to turn it back on. This show brought life and excitement with all the characters that were chosen. The best one that stood out the most was Esteban Reyes to me. He made the show complete. This show is perfect for all the people. But hey like I said I am just a ordinary person and if you don’t think the people like weeds more than dexter than your thinking wrong. If any of the characters or producers had ever met me they would be surprised that all of this would be coming out of my mouth. Well, Tvline media, LLC I hope you take all my words into suggestion. Have a good day.

18. M H says:

I almost never comment plus its late but What does it matter? cancelled or ended. Its over. Shouldn’t matter. These arguments on here are pointless.

19. jacob says:

THIS was the worst dissuasion show times have ever made ive watch the weeds series 4 times and i still want more its really a program that should have another episode loved the show very angry about it coming to an end showtime should really consisted making another one even if its would be costly

20. Maria Pruett says:

I fell in love with this show when I first seen it.but unfortunately I started watching it when she had gotten out of jail. It wasn’t until I signed up for Netflix I started seeing it from the beginning. It literally has taken me 4 to 5 hours a day after I come home from work , it has been an obsession for me to watch it from season one to season 8. Unfortunately I’m not keen on how it ended I really expected Andy and her to get together.I would love to see one movi continuation of this or a continuation