Comic-Con

Exclusive: Yep, Glee Is Going to Comic-Con – Find Out Who Will Be There

Glee Comic-ConReports of a Glee-less Comic-Con have been greatly exaggerated.

In a late development that is sure to have Gleeks frantically scouring the Interwebs for last-minute travel deals to San Diego, Glee is not only returning to Comic-Con next month but it will do so with one of its most star-studded panels in years.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Darren Criss, Kevin McHale, Jenna Ushkowitz and Naya Rivera are confirmed to headline the panel, which is set to take place in the Indigo Room on Saturday, July 14 from 6 to 7 pm PST. (The 11th hour decision to bring Glee to the Con prevented the show from securing the ginormous Hall H, which is where the panel was held last year.)

RELATED | Comic-Con 2012 — What Shows Will Be There?

Additionally, Glee co-creator and executive producer Brad Falchuk will be on hand to preview the show’s fourth season.

Oh, and yours truly will once again be moderating, so you can probably count on a healthy supply of spoilers.

RELATED | Glee Season 4 Scoop — Get Ready to Meet Puck’s [Spoiler]

“The fans at Comic-Con were among the first to really get behind our show, and we’ve had such a great time returning there every summer,” says Falchuk. “This was the first year our cast has not gone out on tour, so Ryan and I thought we’d let them have some well-deserved time off. But everyone wanted to be there, so we couldn’t be happier that Glee is returning to the convention where we feel it all started.”

Thoughts? Are you more inclined to hit up the Con now that Glee will be there? And should we glean any Season 4 clues from who will and will not be in attendance? Hit the comments!

1. Amy says:

Happy to see they will be there. Only reason I keep watching is because of Lea and Cory and the characters they portray.

2. jenny says:

Lea, Cory, Jenna, enough for me.

3. DVD says:

Sucks this is the first year over the past 5 that I will not be attending Comic-Con. Also bummed that I would miss out on the legendary Ausiello hosted party

4. Sean C. says:

I hope they blame reporters for things Ryan Murphy said again. That was one of the funniest parts of last Comic Con.

Also, I’m sure they’ll screen the comments to keep criticisms away, but someone really should ask the writers about the disgrace of how they handled Santana’s outing, something they’ve pretty much refused to answer questions about.

5. jessica agron says:

I just wish Lindsay Pierce doesn’t come back in the messed up show. She is soooo much better than Lea Michele and RM knows that. I’m happy Amber Riley is leaving, she is way too good to be Rachel Berry’s back-up. They messed up Q, so Dianna should not even come back for glee. Dianna is big screen actress. Yes, it pains me she won’t be in the Comic Con, but I’ll be better. Amber is making her album, so she’s better that Lea Michele

• Stop bashing Lea says:

Just because Amber is recording an album doesn’t mean that she’s more talented than Lea. I think they’re both extremely talented, but there’s no need to hate on Lea just because the two are pursuing different things. I am sure if Lea Michele wanted to record an album recording companies would be knocking on her door – her songs are among the biggest sellers from Glee, which is why she gets so many of them.
      As for Lindsay, a fan asked her on Twitter around May 20th if she would be back on Glee, and her answer was a definitive ‘Nope!’ So at least you got your wish there.

6. Mike says:

Yessss, Lea and Cory!!!!! My only regret is Chris. If he was here, this panel would be perfect!

7. durncrisp says:

This should be comedy gold.

8. J. says:

Okay as long as it’s not on the same day as a super important panel (Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead) I’m definitely there. Naya and Darren!

9. jessica agron says:

So Darren Criss is talentless? Are watching the same Glee? Cory has nothing on Darren

• BlueProbe says:

MTE.
      Although I hate Finn mainly because of the pathetic way he is written.

That goes for most of the characters though.

The writers are to blame. I think the cast all have something or other to offer. But the writers don’t service any of them properly.

• Rose says:

I wouldn’t worry about what a few immature Glee fans think of Darren Criss. They aren’t going to hurt his career.

• Gleek4ever says:

The girl who said this is a fan of Brittana… and you know how is the envy ;)

10. Sarah says:

I really want to go now! Too bad it’s sold out. Anyone know of anyone giving out tickets?

11. Casey says:

I won’t be going to the Con but I’m looking forward to the spoilers. I want to know about Finn and Rachel in S4! They are the only reason I still watch Glee!

12. Naomi says:

A few things!
    First. Because the show , shows diversity it is welcomed at comic-con and Secondly, there is no point in saying. The characters have nothing left to give.. Ryan Murphy is an amazing man with an imagination that’s helped nations so if he can somehow. Write perfectly that 2 of the sluttiest and popular girls in school fell in love and make it work and loved by millions he can write everyone into season 4 and it’ll be just as good
    Lastly just consider yourselves lucky I’m from Scotland so I’ll never be able to get to Comic-Con without it costing aa fortune I’d give anything to go but I can’t! So yah calm down with the hating! And be thankful :)

13. GLEE stans are crey crey says:

Wow “Jessica Agron” is a total whackjob…someone seriously needs to seek out professional help for this person. If i were one of the Glee bosses i’d be assigning Cory some serious security. holy crap girl…calm down. Although Dianna probably deserves that kind of stan….Dianna the best actor? delusions of grandure.

anyway, very happy to see that particular group going to Comic-con. they are the future of this show, and it’s only hope. Lea, Cory and Chris are and always have been the faces of Glee, long may it remain so.

14. KK says:

The writers on the show for S3 really blew it. They need to clean house. So many great stars and songs but the storylines were weak. I find it odd that RM keeps staying the cast is too large but they will bring in four new members plus the winners from his other show.

15. Caitlin says:

Yay! I need my mid-summer scoop-fest. I just hope none of the fans have the bad taste to try to ask Lea or Cory about their off-screen relationship. But maybe fielding questions like that is part of the moderator’s job?

And also, for a show that’s supposed to be about celebrating joy and inclusion, it’s insane how fast these comments turn to bashing characters and/or actors. Seriously.

16. Rose says:

Someone should ask if Glee is going to deliver on the promise of the Season 3 finale and show Rachel and Finn pursuing different things. Broadway for her and an honorable discharge for Captain Hudson or army service for Finn.

17. English says:

Will there be live video?

18. hmnkl says:

I would ask them what is going on with Tina and Blaine’s clothes.
    I’m sure they did something to upset wardrobe department. What little snippets of style they had prior to season 3 have been screwed with. Blaine’s de-aging probably has something to do with his horrid pre-school looking wardrobe. And even though they referenced Tina’s style change they gave no reason why it did randomly change.

XD

Then I would ask about Brittany’s education, Junior!Blaine as compared to Mentor!Blaine (why didn’t they just make Kurt and Blaine both juniors?- I assumed they were the same age), and Kurt’s college storyline hitting a dead end.

19. Sue says:

Klaine… We need both of them together :'( is the most perfect couple ! I hope we have spoilers on them…

20. Rose says:

You know what, please ask why they reneged on their promise to include Klaine The Box Scene from Extraordinary Merry Christmas in the S3 DVD Box set! After all, it was TV Line that reported Glee would include it.

21. Ash says:

As much as I love Darren… I’d love it more if Dianna, Heather, Mark and Amber would be there. =P

• Nicole says:

Same here. I really dislike Ryan’s constant ignorance of the supposed equality he kept talking about during the first season.

22. I am really angry that Glee was added after tickets were already sold out. For those of us who do not care about the actual event, Glee would have been the only draw. Now that they have been added to the schedule many of us are unable to attend their panel. This have been the worst summer. I planned to do whatever it took to get tickets to their concert. Result, No Tour this summer! Screwed #1. Next plan, go to Comic Con to see the cast of Glee. Screwed #2. What does a girl have to do?

23. J says:

I’m so happy that they got to go Comic-Con

24. I hope you’re already taking questions, because I have a few:
    1. This question is for Lea and Jenna: My favorite moment of Season 3 was Tina’s body swap dream. I would love to know what it was like for them to basically talk to themselves.
    2. What is the first song of Season 4 going to be?
    3. There have been a lot of musical numbers shot in slow motion. Have you gotten used to lip-synching to your voice at double-speed?

25. Molly says:

Ian Brennan told TV Guide that Kurt was originally supposed to be the one who got into NYADA, but they had to make it Rachel because she needs to succeed or some stupidity like that. I know Lea Michele is very talented, but I get the vibe she’s a huge diva, and that’s what’s behind Rachel become more and more of a Mary Sue as the series goes on

• Rose says:

I do believe that the NYADA arc changed late in the season. Michael at the earliest. But do you have a link by chance for Ian Brennan’s article?

26. jay says:

I guess without having the touring commitments this summer the big guns can be asked to do more than the last couple of years. Great news.

27. Rae says:

I think this panel is going to suck. I know Amber Riley will probably not play a big part in season 4, but I wish she was there. Amber, Chris, Kevin, and Cory are who make the Glee interviews so great to me. The rest of them barely talk and aren’t as funny.

28. bejt says:

we must get a WEMMA duet on s4- it’s way over due!

29. ...... says:

Why isn’t Heather going to be there?!?!?

30. Alice says:

Alright I know I’m a bit late and these arguments happened a while ago, but I need to pipe in. You’re all being awfully annoying. I LOVE glee. My all time favorite show. I l

31. Alice says:

Sent that too early- whoops. Continued. Ok, I love pretty much every character on the show. I love all the couples, and all the actors are my role models. The show has done some amazing things to kids. Glee has taught kids it’s ok to be different, and stand out. The show has done so much for gay kids afraid to be themselves in fear of being harassed. Glee is one of the best things ever to happen to television. The acting, singing, dancing- its all amazing. Some of you commeting- don’t even BOTHER to call yourselves gleeks. If all you’re gonna do is bash the shows decisions, and actors, you’re not a true fan. What glee has done has always turned out amazing, just wait for season 4. A lot will happen. The show is not over. Everyone, RELAX.