Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch Wednesdays?

Get More: Polls

The Fall TV season will be here before you know it, and tough viewing choices arrive with it. We’ve decided the time to get thinking about them is now.

Each day this week, TVLine will show you the grid for that night’s fall line-up, including the broadcast networks’ wares and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch LIVE during each time slot (since live/live-ish viewership is still the creme de la creme when it comes to ratings, whether anyone likes it or not).

RELATED | TVLine’s Handy Fall TV Grid: Your Guide to What Will Be on When, and Versus What

One last caveat before we get to the polls: This is not a popularity contest. Organizing a robo-vote for a certain show will not get you a ride in the Impala. So have faith in the merit of your individual choices, then watch to see how many others legitimately line up aside you.
 NOTES ABOUT THE WEDNESDAY GRID: Grids represent the face-offs taking place for at least several weeks of the fall TV season; that is why Dallas (which finales Aug. 15) and the USA shows (breaking in August) are not included, while South Park and American Horror Story (expected back in September and October, respectively) are. Details on new shows (displayed in RED) can be found at these links: Animal Practice, Arrow, Chicago Fire, Guys With Kids, Nashville, The Neighbors.

Comments (128)

• Watching:
    + ‘The Middle’ (ABC)
    + ‘Suburgatory’ (ABC)
    + ‘Supernatural’ (The CW)
    + ‘Chicago Fire’ (NBC)

Comment by Nina – June 13, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is exactly what I will watch too :)

Comment by Liah – June 16, 2012 01:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow + Supernatural + American Horror Story = YES.

Comment by allofalanah – June 13, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chicago Fire and Modern Family are the only definite shows I’ll be watching Wednesday nights. I might check out Animal Practice.

Comment by CMC – June 13, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow & Supernatural

Comment by Linda – June 13, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watch live animal practice guys with kids Nashville
    DVR: arrow and Chicago fire

Comment by Sue – June 13, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ‘Supernatural’ and ‘Chicago Fire’ = HOT GUYS NIGHT! WOOHOO!

Comment by Emily – June 13, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can’t wait !!! So many hot men!

Comment by Lucy – June 13, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nashville seemed really meh at the promos, but I heard it tested the best among all ABC pilots which frankly shocked me. Seems like if ABC markets it well, it may just not tank after all. Can lightning strike twice with another solid ABC Wednesday 10pm show for two seasons running? The jury is still out. Chicago Fire looks like it might do well too, but it may need to stand on its on against an ailing Law and Order: SVU which will almost definitely provide a sub 2.0 lead-in.

Comment by OMG – June 13, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch AHS live and DVR Nashville. Of course, the only two appealing shows on Wednesday night have to be opposite each other at the same time.

Comment by Jones – June 13, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely going to watch Arrow…looks very good. As someone that really isn’t a country music fan, I wasn’t planning on watching Nashville, but I’ve heard nothing but good things about it, so I might check it out.

Comment by Alex – June 13, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to be honest. I never see these polls as realistic. People will always vote for scripted shows -but the opposite happens when they actually watch. Every single big competition show does well in the audience and in the demos and that isn’t reflected here. People SAY they will watch scripted shows live over reality -but they often do NOT.

Comment by Larry – June 13, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wednesday’s have officially been renamed: Winchesterday! I DVR everything, but if I had a Nielsen box and so then watched live tv: At 8 pm I’m looking forward to Arrow, which looks gritty and fun and seems like a good partner for Supernatural. At 9 pm, my favorite TV show has moved out of Friday’s to give this new night a chance – YAY – Supernatural, duh. I’m also a big fan of Criminal Minds and will be watching it, but if I watched live tv Supernatural would get my attention first. I’m willing to check out Chicago Fire at 10 pm, but I’m not sold yet on this show or premise. If I end up not liking it, I’ll get in some extra reading time on Wednesday’s at the 10 pm hour.

Comment by Melody Paris – June 13, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch Arrow, Supernatural and Nashville live.

I will DVR Modern Family – it is up against Supernatural which is my number 1 show. I typically DVR Modern Family anyways so no biggie.

Comment by Madeline – June 13, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lots of promising new shows to try.
    I will definitely be checking out Animal Practice, Arrow, Nashville, and Chicago Fire.
    Will also catch the old favorites: The Middle, Modern Family, SVU, and American Horror Story, live or dvr or online.

Comment by jess – June 13, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I voted for watching live, but I rarely get to watch anything live because my kids are still up. I usually visit my DVR after they go to bed so I can watch in peace and quiet.

Comment by trulyroxie – June 13, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow then I can’t decide between Chicago Fire and Nashville.

Hey Matt or anybody who has watched Nashville…does Jonathan Jackson have a decent sized part? Connie Britton and JJ are my only reason for checking it out.

Comment by Renee – June 13, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch Nashville and DVR American Horror Story. By the way, does anyone know if Nashville will be filmed in Nashville or in LA?

Comment by Marissa – June 13, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Between DVR and Live some combo of Survivor, X-Factor, Criminal Minds, Nashville, and Chicago Fire. Arrow, and CSI I’ll watch online.

Comment by Christina – June 13, 2012 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I choose Survivor and Criminal Minds because that is what my parents watch since there is nothing on my tv schedule for Wednesday night.

Comment by Jacqi – June 13, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely Supernatural and American Horror Story. I think Supernatural will do well on Wednesday nights. That will be a great 2 hours of TV for me.

Comment by MR – June 13, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Modern Family is the only show of the night I have much of a desire to watch. I like Justin Kirk, but Animal Practice looks meh.

Comment by JustMy2Cents – June 13, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • P.S. I so despise the word ‘meh’ and yet have come to use it regularly…

Comment by JustMy2Cents – June 13, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With Arrow and Supernatural being on Wed. now I’ll have to record Criminal Minds and watch it after. I love Criminal Minds and will continue to watch it but none of the other shows on the other channels are any good compared to the 3 I have mentioned.

Comment by Amy – June 13, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really excited for Arrow and Nashville, and I’ll probably end up DVRing The Middle, Suburgatory, and AHS this year – especially because I can’t sleep half the time after watching AHS!

Comment by CJ – June 13, 2012 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SUPERNATURAL!!! Wake up people, this is the BEST show on TV. Once you start watching, you can’t stop.

Comment by PJ – June 13, 2012 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with you.

This show is like crack! LOL.

Comment by RW – June 16, 2012 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chicago Fire 10pm

Comment by Kimi – June 14, 2012 05:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Middle
    Suburgatory
    ***SUPERNATURAL***
    Criminal Minds (recorded; not too hot on watching this with the departure of Paget, AGAIN! :-x Criminal Minds would have been a shoe-in were it not for the move of Supernatural.)
    CSI

Comment by Mac – June 14, 2012 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural is the only show I care about, but I’ll give Arrow a try, since it airs before SPN.

Comment by kady (@kadysn) – June 14, 2012 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wednesday is the worst night for me schedule wise! There is way too much all on at once. I plan on watching Arrow, Animal Practice, Suburgatory, Criminal Minds, SVU, Modern Family, Supernatural, AHS & Chicago Fire and possibly Nashville. Thankfully we have 3 DVRs in my house!!

Of the abov, the only show I have to watch live-ish is AHS, the rest I DVR and watch whenever I get the chance.

Comment by Stacey – June 14, 2012 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everything is DVR’d but I will watch Survivor, Arrow, Modern Family, Criminal Minds, and CSI.

Comment by G – June 14, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surprised at the results for Arrow, I picked it but didn’t think many would. Also Modern Family and American Horror Story

Comment by William – June 14, 2012 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will only watch Chicago Fire 10pm

Comment by Sean – June 14, 2012 10:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ‘Law & Order: SVU’ 9pm
    ‘Chicago Fire’ 10pm

Comment by Mia – June 14, 2012 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For Jesse Spencer I’ll watch
    Chicago Fire 10pm :)

Comment by Heidi – June 14, 2012 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow looks awesom1 I so wanna check it out!!!

Comment by Taryn – June 15, 2012 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CW night for me.

Comment by breaking_bad (@tvd_luis) – June 15, 2012 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m surprised Psych wasn’t an option here since it’s about as popular as American Horror Story, and generally a pretty popular topic on this site. Anyhoo, I’ll be watching Psych at 10/9 on USA … not just my favorite Wednesday show, but my favorite show any day of the week … and with the new batch of shows coming along, I don’t expect that to change anytime soon.

Comment by dork4tv – June 16, 2012 01:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • PSYCH is not confirmed to return for fall.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 16, 2012 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chicago Fire 100%
    Jesse Spencer FOR THE WIN!

Comment by Liah – June 16, 2012 01:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, we really need to be realistic here. The CW shows polling high HERE isn’t going to result in big live ratings. I can see a lot of people “hoping” that to be true but in reality when has any CW show generated big ratings? The truth is people are still going to watch The X-Factor live and will be DVRing Arrow and Supernatural.

Comment by Larry – June 16, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • … well, maybe those who watch the shows you “realistically’ think should be up in the polls do not use the internet.

And let’s face it, this is one in a million of online sites which people can visit. Not everybody is accounted for.

It just so happens those who watch Supernatural are very active online.

Comment by RW – June 16, 2012 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SUPERNATURAL!

Comment by Zina – June 16, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To be fair, I won’t watch something unless I have dvr’d it. Commercials are too loud and annoying, though I will sometimes watch a movie preview or the m &m ads. Funny.

Comment by charissa29 – June 17, 2012 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eeeek! I totally watching Arrow! :D and I’ll watch Modern Family as well. :)

Comment by Alex – June 17, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow, American Horror Story and Nashville! Good night for TV!

Comment by dude – June 17, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will give Arrow a chance. I’ve been a dedicated Supernatural fan since the beginning, but the show isn’t what it used to be. For the first time ever, I won’t be watching it live. Criminal Minds live and DVR Supernatural.

Comment by Amy – June 17, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice shout out to the Impala, but don’t assume every poll Supernatural wins is because of stacking the ballot box. Matt, your bias is showing again…*sigh* Supernatural wins because it’s the best show and it has a loyal fanbase used to promoting it on our own! So it’s really nice to have Mark Pedowitz supporting the boys now. Supernatural has been the only show I’ve watched live for a long time, but I’m going to check out Arrow. It’s going to be an awesome one-two punch!

Comment by bjxmas – June 18, 2012 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SUPERNATURAL!!!! It is our favorate show!!!! My 3 month old puppy’s name is Winchester!!!! I’m just a little obsessed…

Comment by Erin L. – June 21, 2012 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m fed up with all the bad singing and dancing shows on TV therefore I will watch Chicago Fire for some action on Wednesday night and will probably watch AHS online later on if the new season’s storyline is good.

Comment by Jackie – June 25, 2012 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post