Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch Wednesdays?

The Fall TV season will be here before you know it, and tough viewing choices arrive with it. We’ve decided the time to get thinking about them is now.

Each day this week, TVLine will show you the grid for that night’s fall line-up, including the broadcast networks’ wares and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch LIVE during each time slot (since live/live-ish viewership is still the creme de la creme when it comes to ratings, whether anyone likes it or not).

RELATED | TVLine’s Handy Fall TV Grid: Your Guide to What Will Be on When, and Versus What

One last caveat before we get to the polls: This is not a popularity contest. Organizing a robo-vote for a certain show will not get you a ride in the Impala. So have faith in the merit of your individual choices, then watch to see how many others legitimately line up aside you.
 NOTES ABOUT THE WEDNESDAY GRID: Grids represent the face-offs taking place for at least several weeks of the fall TV season; that is why Dallas (which finales Aug. 15) and the USA shows (breaking in August) are not included, while South Park and American Horror Story (expected back in September and October, respectively) are. Details on new shows (displayed in RED) can be found at these links: Animal Practice, Arrow, Chicago Fire, Guys With Kids, Nashville, The Neighbors.

1. Nina says:

Watching:
    + ‘The Middle’ (ABC)
    + ‘Suburgatory’ (ABC)
    + ‘Supernatural’ (The CW)
    + ‘Chicago Fire’ (NBC)

2. allofalanah says:

Arrow + Supernatural + American Horror Story = YES.

3. CMC says:

Chicago Fire and Modern Family are the only definite shows I’ll be watching Wednesday nights. I might check out Animal Practice.

4. Linda says:

Arrow & Supernatural

5. Sue says:

Watch live animal practice guys with kids Nashville
    DVR: arrow and Chicago fire

6. Emily says:

‘Supernatural’ and ‘Chicago Fire’ = HOT GUYS NIGHT! WOOHOO!

7. OMG says:

Nashville seemed really meh at the promos, but I heard it tested the best among all ABC pilots which frankly shocked me. Seems like if ABC markets it well, it may just not tank after all. Can lightning strike twice with another solid ABC Wednesday 10pm show for two seasons running? The jury is still out. Chicago Fire looks like it might do well too, but it may need to stand on its on against an ailing Law and Order: SVU which will almost definitely provide a sub 2.0 lead-in.

8. Jones says:

I will watch AHS live and DVR Nashville. Of course, the only two appealing shows on Wednesday night have to be opposite each other at the same time.

9. Alex says:

Definitely going to watch Arrow…looks very good. As someone that really isn’t a country music fan, I wasn’t planning on watching Nashville, but I’ve heard nothing but good things about it, so I might check it out.

10. Larry says:

I have to be honest. I never see these polls as realistic. People will always vote for scripted shows -but the opposite happens when they actually watch. Every single big competition show does well in the audience and in the demos and that isn’t reflected here. People SAY they will watch scripted shows live over reality -but they often do NOT.

11. Melody Paris says:

Wednesday’s have officially been renamed: Winchesterday! I DVR everything, but if I had a Nielsen box and so then watched live tv: At 8 pm I’m looking forward to Arrow, which looks gritty and fun and seems like a good partner for Supernatural. At 9 pm, my favorite TV show has moved out of Friday’s to give this new night a chance – YAY – Supernatural, duh. I’m also a big fan of Criminal Minds and will be watching it, but if I watched live tv Supernatural would get my attention first. I’m willing to check out Chicago Fire at 10 pm, but I’m not sold yet on this show or premise. If I end up not liking it, I’ll get in some extra reading time on Wednesday’s at the 10 pm hour.

12. Madeline says:

I will watch Arrow, Supernatural and Nashville live.

I will DVR Modern Family – it is up against Supernatural which is my number 1 show. I typically DVR Modern Family anyways so no biggie.

13. jess says:

Lots of promising new shows to try.
    I will definitely be checking out Animal Practice, Arrow, Nashville, and Chicago Fire.
    Will also catch the old favorites: The Middle, Modern Family, SVU, and American Horror Story, live or dvr or online.

14. trulyroxie says:

I voted for watching live, but I rarely get to watch anything live because my kids are still up. I usually visit my DVR after they go to bed so I can watch in peace and quiet.

15. Renee says:

Arrow then I can’t decide between Chicago Fire and Nashville.

Hey Matt or anybody who has watched Nashville…does Jonathan Jackson have a decent sized part? Connie Britton and JJ are my only reason for checking it out.

16. Marissa says:

I’ll watch Nashville and DVR American Horror Story. By the way, does anyone know if Nashville will be filmed in Nashville or in LA?

17. Christina says:

Between DVR and Live some combo of Survivor, X-Factor, Criminal Minds, Nashville, and Chicago Fire. Arrow, and CSI I’ll watch online.

18. Jacqi says:

I choose Survivor and Criminal Minds because that is what my parents watch since there is nothing on my tv schedule for Wednesday night.

19. MR says:

Definitely Supernatural and American Horror Story. I think Supernatural will do well on Wednesday nights. That will be a great 2 hours of TV for me.

20. JustMy2Cents says:

Modern Family is the only show of the night I have much of a desire to watch. I like Justin Kirk, but Animal Practice looks meh.

21. Amy says:

With Arrow and Supernatural being on Wed. now I’ll have to record Criminal Minds and watch it after. I love Criminal Minds and will continue to watch it but none of the other shows on the other channels are any good compared to the 3 I have mentioned.

22. CJ says:

Really excited for Arrow and Nashville, and I’ll probably end up DVRing The Middle, Suburgatory, and AHS this year – especially because I can’t sleep half the time after watching AHS!

23. PJ says:

SUPERNATURAL!!! Wake up people, this is the BEST show on TV. Once you start watching, you can’t stop.

24. Kimi says:

Chicago Fire 10pm

25. Mac says:

The Middle
    Suburgatory
    ***SUPERNATURAL***
    Criminal Minds (recorded; not too hot on watching this with the departure of Paget, AGAIN! :-x Criminal Minds would have been a shoe-in were it not for the move of Supernatural.)
    CSI

26. Supernatural is the only show I care about, but I’ll give Arrow a try, since it airs before SPN.

27. Stacey says:

Wednesday is the worst night for me schedule wise! There is way too much all on at once. I plan on watching Arrow, Animal Practice, Suburgatory, Criminal Minds, SVU, Modern Family, Supernatural, AHS & Chicago Fire and possibly Nashville. Thankfully we have 3 DVRs in my house!!

Of the abov, the only show I have to watch live-ish is AHS, the rest I DVR and watch whenever I get the chance.

28. G says:

Everything is DVR’d but I will watch Survivor, Arrow, Modern Family, Criminal Minds, and CSI.

29. William says:

Surprised at the results for Arrow, I picked it but didn’t think many would. Also Modern Family and American Horror Story

30. Sean says:

I will only watch Chicago Fire 10pm

31. Mia says:

‘Law & Order: SVU’ 9pm
    ‘Chicago Fire’ 10pm

32. Heidi says:

For Jesse Spencer I’ll watch
    Chicago Fire 10pm :)

33. Taryn says:

Arrow looks awesom1 I so wanna check it out!!!

34. dork4tv says:

I’m surprised Psych wasn’t an option here since it’s about as popular as American Horror Story, and generally a pretty popular topic on this site. Anyhoo, I’ll be watching Psych at 10/9 on USA … not just my favorite Wednesday show, but my favorite show any day of the week … and with the new batch of shows coming along, I don’t expect that to change anytime soon.

35. Liah says:

Chicago Fire 100%
    Jesse Spencer FOR THE WIN!

36. Larry says:

Okay, we really need to be realistic here. The CW shows polling high HERE isn’t going to result in big live ratings. I can see a lot of people “hoping” that to be true but in reality when has any CW show generated big ratings? The truth is people are still going to watch The X-Factor live and will be DVRing Arrow and Supernatural.

• RW says:

… well, maybe those who watch the shows you “realistically’ think should be up in the polls do not use the internet.

And let’s face it, this is one in a million of online sites which people can visit. Not everybody is accounted for.

It just so happens those who watch Supernatural are very active online.

37. Zina says:

SUPERNATURAL!

38. charissa29 says:

To be fair, I won’t watch something unless I have dvr’d it. Commercials are too loud and annoying, though I will sometimes watch a movie preview or the m &m ads. Funny.

39. Alex says:

Eeeek! I totally watching Arrow! :D and I’ll watch Modern Family as well. :)

40. dude says:

Arrow, American Horror Story and Nashville! Good night for TV!

41. Amy says:

I will give Arrow a chance. I’ve been a dedicated Supernatural fan since the beginning, but the show isn’t what it used to be. For the first time ever, I won’t be watching it live. Criminal Minds live and DVR Supernatural.

42. bjxmas says:

Nice shout out to the Impala, but don’t assume every poll Supernatural wins is because of stacking the ballot box. Matt, your bias is showing again…*sigh* Supernatural wins because it’s the best show and it has a loyal fanbase used to promoting it on our own! So it’s really nice to have Mark Pedowitz supporting the boys now. Supernatural has been the only show I’ve watched live for a long time, but I’m going to check out Arrow. It’s going to be an awesome one-two punch!

43. Erin L. says:

SUPERNATURAL!!!! It is our favorate show!!!! My 3 month old puppy’s name is Winchester!!!! I’m just a little obsessed…

44. Jackie says:

I’m fed up with all the bad singing and dancing shows on TV therefore I will watch Chicago Fire for some action on Wednesday night and will probably watch AHS online later on if the new season’s storyline is good.