Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch Wednesdays?

The Fall TV season will be here before you know it, and tough viewing choices arrive with it. We’ve decided the time to get thinking about them is now.

Each day this week, TVLine will show you the grid for that night’s fall line-up, including the broadcast networks’ wares and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch LIVE during each time slot (since live/live-ish viewership is still the creme de la creme when it comes to ratings, whether anyone likes it or not).

RELATED | TVLine’s Handy Fall TV Grid: Your Guide to What Will Be on When, and Versus What

One last caveat before we get to the polls: This is not a popularity contest. Organizing a robo-vote for a certain show will not get you a ride in the Impala. So have faith in the merit of your individual choices, then watch to see how many others legitimately line up aside you.
 NOTES ABOUT THE WEDNESDAY GRID: Grids represent the face-offs taking place for at least several weeks of the fall TV season; that is why Dallas (which finales Aug. 15) and the USA shows (breaking in August) are not included, while South Park and American Horror Story (expected back in September and October, respectively) are. Details on new shows (displayed in RED) can be found at these links: Animal Practice, Arrow, Chicago Fire, Guys With Kids, Nashville, The Neighbors.

1. Amy says:

I don’t watch tv live – what a waste of time!

• ChynnaBlue says:

Yeah, I rarely watch anything live. I watch TV when it fits my schedule and my DVR lets me do that with shows that don’t fit my schedule.

• Janet Snakehole says:

You sure wasted time to log on this website to post a comment how little you care. Dumb comment is a dumb comment.

• Dawn says:

Same with me; rarely do I watch live tv, but have selected the shows I’ll be watching via DVR.

• Pepper says:

Agree. We don’t watch live TV.

• TheBeach says:

I didn’t vote since I rarely watch shows live unless they are on pay channels like HBO and Showtime which have no commercials. When I am watching suspenseful shows like American Horror Story, I need to be able to FF through all those interminable commercials.

• Winnie says:

I could be wrong, but I always figured it saying ” ‘LIVE’ ” was meant to be a wink at the fact that many use DVR services, and perhaps watch [slightly] later.

For me, there are several hour-long shows I start watching 15 minutes in so that I can fast-forward and some 30 minute-long shows I watch 8 minutes in for the same reason. American Horror Story is one I “have” to watch that night, as are Revenge (damn you, Wednesdays)… and The Walking Dead. Some shows I still record, but am too busy or even slightly disinterested in recent storylines to watch within their airtime.

Sometimes when I view with my family, we start it on time and then use commercial breaks for discussion/debate (pause works, too). …this has been True Armchair Warrior Story: Winnie

• Mari Balden says:

I agree. I rarely watch live TV. That is what DVR’s are to be used for, alleviates the pressure of trying to be home in time to watch the shows you want to see. I LOVE MY DVR!!!!!

2. Phil says:

Arrow is the only show I’ll watch. Anything else seems to be boring since Happy Endings is not there…

• Megan says:

Amen!

• Anonymous says:

Suburgatory is GOLD! I’d recommend it.

• Mickey says:

Arrow is the only new show I’m excited about. And bonus, it’s paired with Supernatural! Wednesdays are going to be so badass with that one-two punch!

• Lauren says:

i recommend supernatural its AMAZING!

• Mickey says:

The tv critics all say Arrow and Supernatural are a perfect match, so to anyone planning on watching Arrow, I also highly recommend Supernatural. It’s totally badass, with lots of action, comedy, and drama. A lot of people have discovered it on Netflix and are catching up. I’ve seen so many comments of people who zipped through all the seasons in record time because of how addictive it is. So it’ll be fun to have new fans join the live party for next season. And it’s going to be awesome to have the Arrow-Supernatural double feature, it’ll make for a great genre event evening. As Carina MacKenzie at Zap2it said about it: “Wednesdays this fall are going to be THE BEST NIGHT OF ALL THE NIGHTS.”

• Marc Scott says:

You should give Supernatural a chance.

3. robinepowell says:

The only thing on Wednesdays for me is SVU and Criminal Minds. Now that CTV has moved Criminal Minds to Tuesdays, I can watch it a day earlier. ;)

4. M80 says:

Is AHS definitely coming back Wednesdays at 10?

5. SVClois says:

I might give Arrow a try……other than that -meh-

6. Sammie says:

I will watch Chicago Fire!!! Because this show will be HOT! HOT! HOT! For all kinds of reasons :) Mainly because for Jesse Spencer of course!!!!

7. shazay@yahoo.com says:

Nashville v. American Horror Story was a tough call for me. I def plan on watching both, but voted for AHS.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Ditto — luckily I get AHS screeners ahead of time. Because NASHVILLE is very good.

• Jake says:

Really good? The previews make it look so uninteresting, like a tv version of country strong. I’ll have to check it out if you say it’s good

• MrMank says:

I just love that Connie Britton is competing against her old show.

• SVUnCI says:

But then again, AHS repeat comes on directly after the original (which is how i juggled watching SVU and AHS on the same day)

• elr says:

That was my predicament too. I will probably watch American Horror Story live, although it might be better to record that and watch it later. Also, I’m overjoyed that Supernatural has moved to Wednesday night.

8. Brandy says:

Nashville

9. jasie says:

I’ll check out Chicago Fire live and record Nashville. FX shows don’t come on until 11 pm my time so AHS won’t be competing with them locally.

10. Pete says:

Chicago Fire!

11. Michelle says:

Nashville for me because I love Connie Britton and Eric Close!

12. Moja TV says:

The Middle, Suburgatory, Modern Family, The Neighbors & Nashville (o.O all my favorite shows on ABC!)

13. Mia says:

Chicago Fire only because of Jesse Spencer

14. Emma Jean says:

I’ll will watch Chicago Fire for sure and like many women not because of the fires but because of the pretty that is Jesse Spencer!

15. Chris says:

Survivor will never get bumped off my dial. Moves Arrow to DVR unfortunately.

16. PCT says:

X-Factor, Suburgatory, Modern Family, American Horror Story and Nashville. Not sure what I’ll be watching live and what I’ll be DVR-ing yet.

17. Too Late Kev says:

I said “nothing” for 10 PM, but instead I’ll check out Nashville now that I see you liked it so much. I’ll give it a chance. :)

18. Jack S says:

Such a busy night, possibly the busiest! ‘Animal Practice’, ‘Suburgatory’, ‘Modern Family’, ‘Nashville’, ‘American Horror Story’, ‘Arrow’ & ‘The X Factor’. Possibly ‘Chicago Fire’ too if it turns out to be more interesting than the preview would suggest.

19. Jenn says:

I’ll definitely be checking out AHS live now, other than that it’s just Suburgatory, really wish it had a better time slot!

20. Nick says:

The Middle, Suburgatory, Modern Family, & Nashville, DVR CSI

21. Megan says:

I’ll be watching Chicago Fire and DVR Nashville to check it out but “musical soap” sounds not good to me

22. sarah says:

Arrow
    Modern
    Chicago Fire live
    Nashville record and watch later

23. Jared says:

I’ll be watching the X FACTOR and AHS live..ill catch suburgatory on demand..

24. Balaji K says:

Modern Family
    Psych

25. Luke says:

Nothing on for me before 10PM
    Chicago Fire: live
    AHS: DVR

26. Velvet says:

Royal Pains
    Haunted Collector

27. Sherry says:

What an awesome night of TV Arrow, Supernatural and American horror Story!!!

28. Sara says:

Supernatural for sure! I am ecstatic that it’s not on Friday anymore it was so difficult to watch it live, I would record it every week because of work/having a life. So I will definitely watch Supernatural live and record Modern Family.

29. Modern Family – One of the Dumbest comedy shows I have ever watched. I would rather live my own life than watching that show. My obvious choice would be the one and only Supernatural.

30. Suzie says:

I rarely watch network TV, so can’t vote on this poll. I watch more, USA, TNT, A&E etc. than the garbage on the big channels.

31. Juan says:

I love ABC but what were they thinking putting the Neighbors in that time slot, I’m sorry but it looks horrible, All of their other comedies look better . Anyways will watch Arrow and Supernatural, first time I watch more than one show since I just caught up with it on Netflix, and also Nashville and suburgatory

32. RENNIE says:

ARROW,SUPERNATURAL,AHS

33. Linda says:

I don’t watch anything live on Wednesdays. It’s my DVR night. Actually, most of my favorite shows through out the week are DVRed and if I watch live TV it’s usually something on HGTV, Comedy Central, etc.

34. Arrow and Modern Family! Not sure if it’ll be live or DVR, but MF is also pretty enjoyable, and I’m really excited for Arrow.

35. Kait says:

I was only watching AHS for Connie anyway. I’ll DVR the new season for the sake the cast that is returning, but let’s be serious, Nashville all the way. No contest. I’d follow Connie on any channel, any time.

36. Tran says:

Chicago Fire.

37. kavyn says:

Arrow and Animal Practice. I also think Nashville might end up becoming a guilty pleasure show if it’s good.

38. tvaddict says:

Arrow & Supernatural live for me.

39. Velvet says:

SUPERNATURAL

40. Stephanie says:

Supernatural and American Horror Story are going to be on one after another on the same night?! This is happy news to me! I can’t wait. I’ll be in school when SPN starts, but I’ll dvr both so I don’t miss them! :)

41. EveatEden says:

Wow Weds is pretty drab for me. Chicago Fire and Animal Practice are the only ones there I’ll even give a chance.

• just saying says:

Funny you say that since Animal Practice has been universally panned. And I say this as a Justin Kirk fan.

42. Ana says:

I will check out Arrow and Chicago Fire on demand. Live it will be ABC except Neighbors. That show looks so incredibly bad that I’m embarrassed for ABC. I will also pass on The Middle since I never got into that show. At that time I will probably check out X Factor to see how Brittany is doing. Funny how the results of this poll heavily lean towards the CW which is the lowest rated network. Let’s see if Arrow is as popular as these numbers seem to indicate.

43. Brendan says:

I’ll probably watch American Horror Story live and DVR South Park

44. James says:

I’ll watch and record Chicago Fire! It’s any gay man’s dream come true :)

45. Velvet says:

I have absolutely no interest in watching Nashville because it co-stars Hayden Panettiere.

46. tahina says:

American Horror Story!! Will give a try to Arrow. Nashville on DVR/Demand. :)

47. Ally says:

I know I’m getting ahead of myself but with the addition of yet another musical drama, there needs to be a dramedy/musical category in the future for the Emmies. Can you imagine Lea Michele, Connie Britton, Megan Hilty, Stana Kanic and Emily Deschanel competing against each other. Anyways…I am looking forward to Nashville. I also like the look of Arrow, Guys with Kids and the Neighbours (the latter which airs on Saturday in Canada). Wednesdays is a clean slate for me until January when Republic of Doyle returns. (Note: I’m posting from my phone so don’t fault me for spelling any of the above names incorrectly–I don’t feel like flipping back and forth from my IMDB app.

48. RS says:

Sticking stubbornly with my elderly gang — Survivor, SVU, CSI.

Nashville & The Middle when I have time.

49. jules says:

8pm Arrow
    10pm Nashville….looooove Connie Britton!

Chicago Fire watch On Demand.

50. Laura says: