Glee: The 31 Best Zingers of Season 3!

Have the quiet early days of the summer TV season left you longing for Sue Sylvester’s patented brand of bitchery or the sharp slap of an insult from Santana Lopez? Do you spend your Tuesdays chuckling to yourself recalling choice lines from Brittany S. Pierce and Coach Shannon Beiste? Well, have we got the photo gallery for you!

Check out our compilation of the 31 best lines of dialogue from Glee‘s recently completed third season — from the body-slamming of Refrigerator Perry to the smackdown of Weepy the Vest-Clown — then hit the comments and tell us if we overlooked any of your favorites. Just try to refrain from throwing around the term “bacon-wrapped bug-eyed hypocrite,” okay?

RELATED | The Glee Project Recap: Too Arty for the Party?

And for all the Glee news, views, and interviews you could possibly ever handle, follow TVLine on Twitter @TVLineNews.

1. mehdi0204 says:

Santana has the best quotes. She’s the funniest actress on Glee with Jane Lynch.

• Katzzz says:

I never laugh at her jokes, sue yes but never santana

• Jeremy says:

I don’t think Santana is funny. She’s needlessly cruel, has assaulted a few characters and I have no idea why so many people like her. Especially on a show that’s supposedly toting an anti-bullying message. I think Artie’s Chewbacca daydream was the funniest moment this season, I really just don’t have a lot of love for the caustic remarks on Glee.

• Nikki says:

I am so glad someone else feels this way. It drives me nuts that Glee pushes what feels like such an anti-bullying message sometimes and yet Santana gets away with saying such horrible things to people. I’ve been absolutely appalled at some of the things she says that are supposedly funny, not to mention the times she has been physically violent where it has just been glossed over. Her story about what she has had to go through this season accepting her sexuality has been heartbreaking at times, but it shouldn’t have been used as an excuse for her bad behaviour. Especially considering she’s had that attitude from the very beginning.

• Nicole says:

Completely agree to this, I too am glad someone else feels this way. I can handle some of it, but her continuing UNFUNNY rants about Finn’s weight, and her completely slamming of Rachel (her rant about the anti-prom, somewhat warranted but was worded cruelly)after just ‘becoming friends’ was hideous, and really made me dislike her character further. Season 1 and 2 were tolerable, but some of her season 3 quotes were beyond cruel. Not to mention the fact she seemed to pop up in EVERY scene ready to slam someone. Such a shame to see such a beautiful person be such a cow. Glee seems to be really inconsistent with certain issues (i.e Hey, let’s make light of bulimia in season 1, but in season 3 let’s start a riot about domestic violence) and this is no different. There was not a lot of positive character progression, even Brittany turned mean in season 3.

• Naomi says:

The point they are trying to make is that the fact Santana wasn’t secure with herself she took it out on others and became a bully, it was the same as Karofsky but he was more obvious by it being physical bullying, in the locker scene with Britt and with her Grandmother she admits she “walks around being so mad at the world” basically saying she takes her own insecurity out on other people to hide the fact and tbh some of the things she says are quite funny and with the Latina in her they are trying to convey her firey-ness

• Adriana says:

Amen to this!

• Kaykay says:

I Agree with you but i also think they are trying to be realistic. Every high school has that one mean girl who gets away with everything. I think they are trying to relate to the younger teenage audience with Santana.

• Jessi says:

Santana’s funny because she says whats on her mind, sure not everything she says is appropriate but it is a part of high school. As much as i agree with how the show is supposed to be anti-bullying I feel like its also showing how hard it is to be a high school student with a dissability or other things not viewed to some as “the norm”. Even if we don’t like it, it’s not something we should just turn our backs on. Instead we need to support these kids throughout their lives.

• joe says:

totally agree with this comment it shows the different sides of high school students and how real life really is

• Kay says:

She’s funny. She keeps it real and doesn’t care what anyone else thinks of her. Completely fearless. Yet she has her own struggles and can be relatable. That’s why tbqh.

• rmb says:

Oh. Come on. Glee is farcical and hyper-everything to the extreme, and this is why we who fell in love with the pilot continue to cling to the show. A it’s very best, it’s wry and snarky and goofy and subversive. I mean, will schuester got his job because a borderline paedophile teacher was leading the glee club. Then he bought pot and used it to frame a student. Then the next big story was pregnant cheer captain, who is also deeply religious. Much as it has ventured into lame after school special territory, when it’s at its best, Glee is the generic spawn of every kid from the Breakfast Club–snarky fun.

• Danielle says:

I like Santana! She is my favorite! They have her that way because that is just who she is. That is how she has always been. Her character taught me a lot about life and who I really am! I prefer her over any of the other people on the show. So if you have a negative comment, keep it to yourself!

• Al says:

because she is hot! and lust is blind. When combined with Heather Morris, Brittney, she is every guy’s fantasy even though we can’t say it out loud because she is playing a 17 year old. However in reality she is 25 so we can rationalize it. Do you get it now?

• Stacie says:

Santana’s lines, and Naya’s facial expressions kill almost every single time. Santana’s entire rant in 306 against Finn, just before he outed her, was priceless. Brittany didn’t speak a lot this season but the times she did speak her lines were crazy funny. That entire speech that she gave to her prom committee about how she thinks they are part of a terror cell was hilarious and the fact that she thought that one girl was Rachel, I mean that’s classic Brittany. I hope that she will be featured a little more next season. I think Roz and Sue were very solid this year as well. I think Roz needs to come back but only at selective times, too much of her might not make her as funny.

• sm says:

Not to me. She is meaner and more hateful. Her rant at Finn just made me dislike Santana to the utmost. It wasn’t priceless, she is just the worst character to demonstrate hate and for the show to show that crap as funny is nothing but crap. I cannot stand Santana. I loved her in season 2. Not now. Brittany isn’t funny she is a moron. I liked Roz and I love Sue.

• BLB says:

I find it amusing that so many people dislike Santana for saying cruel things, but LOVE Sue? Personally, I think they are both hilarious, but saying that you dislike Santana because she is hateful is hypocritical when you say the opposite of Sue. If anything, Santana is younger, not that her age gives the excuse of ignorance, but if Sue was your role model, I have to wonder how hateful you would appear to be.

• sm says:

Sue is no role model at all to me. She is funnier at times not all. Between Roz and Sue are hysterical. For me it is funny because the joke is on her by Roz. I despise Santana because Glee has a hypocritical way of showing the difference with bully and bullee. And how and why one gets there. She has always been a vicious bully to the point where season 3 she is unlikeable. I loved her vulnerability season 2. I despise her onslaught of venom to anyone to be “just” full of hate for the sake of mockery.. I hate this part of Glee-that it is OK for one but not as a whole. There are no excuses for her rants and barrages toward anyone this season, especially since she was the victim of bullying. I equate this to the Quinn Lucy Caboosey crap of season 2. If Quinn knew what it was like to be bullied before getting plastic surgery. Then why in the heck did she abase anyone who didn’t fit in her niche of normal since the pilot. She and Santana as of now are on my who gives a f**** list. There are parts of Glee I love and adore. Santana is not in the least admirable or worth caring about. There are plenty of other characters I thoroughly enjoy watching and become invested into. Their stories and involvements are more to the Glee motto and adages that Glee tries to convey to its audiences. The bully issue was a social issue that needed to be presented but not to the extent of mockery of those other characters who have been at the bottom of the poop deck which included being put there by Santana. I feel nothing for the character. Just one who occupies a scene or two where I zone out then reclaim consciousness when those I love to watch are on the screen. Just like any TV show. As for Brittany she is more of a bully season 3 and more of a moron than in previous seasons. Just another character who weighs nothing in my interest file. This one of many reasons season 3 is not as godd as I had hoped. It had its moments but lots fell short when multiple episodes were spent on PSA issues including Santana centric ones.

• Abigail says:

I find it amusing that you don’t like Santana for all her ‘negative’ comments and bullying but all Sue has done for 3 seasons is bully EVERYONE and Roz was put in the show to bully Sue so it seems hipocritical that you disapprove of some of Santana’s lines but like Sue and Roz.

• JT says:

She was funny until Mash Off. But she went off in the deep end in that episode. I get why the writer wanted her to be cruel but tbh it had the effect of making me get seriously turned off by her character. It just left a bad taste in my mouth and nothing she says is funny anymore.

• sm says:

That is me too. Since Mash-off she is in the trash-can. She was written to spew hate because she can and whoa poor girl has issues she cannot handle so I should feel sorry for her. No way. I really liked her s2. But she lost me and my interest s3. If she has a big storyline ever again I’ll bypass it gladly. Because I don’t give a hoot. Her character is not the kind of character that Glee tries to show the audience as flawed but someone to embrace and care about. For me she is the vicious bully who always gets away with it.

• Celia says:

When they just dismissed Santana being a bully after making such a big deal about Santana being bullied it got to the point I just skip Santana centric episodes. She just isn’t funny and the hypocrisy is maddening.

• sm says:

That is the word-hypocrisy. She is the stand-out billboard for Glee and the hypocrisy Glee presents itself. Glee wanting to address the deep profound affects of bullying on anyone but makes a mockery of it’s message with the big storyline of lesbian using the resident bully Queen of Glee. The thing about season 4 having Kurt and Santana as designated and confirmed cast just says to me that Glee wants its resident gay characters as solid and upfront characters for the new season. I’m glad Kurt will be there and Rachel and Finn.

• laylagalise says:

Exactly. I wasn’t a fan to begin with (even though she does have a great voice), but that was the episode that killed any love I had for her. It actually made it impossible for me to sympathize with her as well. If any other character went through what she did, I would really feel for them, but since it was Santana I couldn’t manage any empathy.

• Babygate says:

Agreed! I re-watch Santana-heavy episodes just so I can hear her zingers again…

• geo says:

in season 2 yes, now they are just old and lame. Most of that rant against Finn was was waiting for at least one of the insults to work.

• Hyde says:

Sue is just as mean, if not meaner than Santana.

• Tessa says:

Yes definitely, Santana is the best female character on glee!

2. BTM says:

This pictorial approach plays havoc on my phone. It takes too long, hides half the graphics, and comes up ugly.

• Leo says:

I gotta give funniest lines to Coach Roz, something about “reading minds not allowed in her family”, “shining lights into Sue’s va-jay-jay to keep out the bats”, “if you pee in my pool, i will kill you”, “sand-boobs” and “Sue’s baby grows wing and fly back straight to the hell”

• Deena says:

Don’t forget when Sue told her she was taking a baby and Roz yelled, “Out of who’s vagina?!” I laughed so hard. I never thought Ne-Ne Leeks & Glee would be suck a good match.

3. liz says:

“Things are serious. A man in a dress is dead.” (Episode 15, “Big Brother”)

4. alla says:

none. worst season yet.

• Brett says:

preach

• Jen says:

I miss when Brittany only had one line. And when they had a realistic number of gay people (that being one). Yeah sure it’s a glee club, but why should half of it be gay? It was just so Santana could take lines from everyone else. And for that matter, Brittany wasn’t developed at all in that department. Santana was a bitch to Artie and sort of forced her into it. WSS was super good though. But I still hate Rachel. She’s not even funny. I wish she was gone for good. This show needs to get back to how it was season 1. And also, why the crap was the Tina episode about Rachel? She hasn’t had a significant plot line since she got with Mike. Then we saw her help with the dance thing (yay one dramatic scene?) and not much after that. Joe and Rory both had ridiculously small parts, but Joe only really had two scenes. He and Quinn never even got together. Oh and also their ridiculous representation of religion. You know, I’m straight, religious, and like singing and dancing. Where am I on this show? Too busy writing about bullies bickering and making Rachel and Kurt have a fashion off to be realistic, right Glee?

• gleeluvr says:

Ya i mean i could go with kurt n blaine being gay. Thats realistic. (They go to dif schools until lately so its ok) But its a group of ten or so kids n four are gay? That pushes ita BIT too far. I think the average is one out of ten people are gay, not four.

• Sam says:

You are forgetting that this is the only pla e on that school that accepts you for who you are. So, it would make sense for the gay ones to be open and free there. Also, they need a minimum of 12 for a competion, so there isnt 10 of them. Closer to 16-18

• Sam says:

Most of you people are ridiculous. First of all, it’s a TV show. Secondly, you’re all hypocritical for calling Santana a hypocrite but thinking the sun shines out of Finn, Blaine and Kurt! Finn has come off as one of the most selfish characters on this show and has constantly made Rachel feel. As for having a dream. Blaine was a right twat in Hold On To Sixtenn to Sam. It apparently it’s not his fault, and then he over reacts to Kurt having another gay friend even though he has messaging Sebastian and told then try we’re planning to do MJ at Regionals. Santana is banterous to her friends and they accept that, she went through a lot this year and is not wosey character to let the men do all the work. The biggest complain te will probably come from backwards Americans – she takes no crap and tells it how it is. She was right – Finn is all that good all the other guys are better singers and dancers than he is.

• if you dont like the show then dont watch it

5. Laure says:

I thought most of yours were right on except Santana has stopped being funny to me by season 2. When they started trying to make Santana a sympathetic figure and ignore that she’s a bully I stopped finding her funny. Sometime that’s true with Sue too, but Jane Lynch is so flawless I often laugh anyways. Plus Sue’s insults are not personal the way Santana’s bullying is.

• sm says:

Exactly. Santana just attacks to be evil. Attacks a character’s sensitive areas insecurities. Now, Sue rants about anything name-calling but not sensitive insecurities. Santana has turned into hate and meaness. I don’t want to hate a character but I do her. In Mash-off she became a character to dispise. I felt no caring or concern for her this season at all.

• Babygate says:

Wait, Sue’s insults are not personal? Are we watching the same show? Because Sue does nothing BUT personal. She never calls a person by their name instead using every disparaging moniker she can think of. She mocks and belittles people often for no other reason than to amuse herself. And that’s not personal? I mean, she’s funny but let’s not kid ourselves. At least Santana’s meanness is the product of the hidden conflicts concerning her sexuality and the ensuing rage that has pretty much consumed her. Sue’s meanness is simply gratuitous.

• sm says:

Season 2 bullying and viciousness of it consumed most of the episodes. Kurt and his ability to channel his issues to the positive was brilliant. IMO, not the Santana character-I feel no pity for her. Why is it OK for her viciousness but not someone else. Bullying is bullying not to be tolerated thusly why I despise Santana. She has her moments of greatness-taking on Sebastian for Kurt and Blaine. The tape in her underboob. But as a whole meh.

• Tori says:

I’ll agree that Sue’s insults in the first/second season were mostly intended out of malice, but I think her pregnancy in the latter half of season 3 has made them seem out of affection, almost. The other thing is that the show isn’t hypocritical when it comes to Sue. When her actions are wrong, the other characters react to it. With Santana, however, most of the characters shrug it off and almost say, “That’s okay, she’s a lesbian.” It’s frustrating, because the show acts like she’s the only one with insecurities and therefore the only one with reasons to lash out. If it’s okay for Santana to be mean because she’s a lesbian, then why can’t Finn or Puck insult everyone because the former’s insecure about his body and the latter has an absentee father? Why isn’t Kurt or Blaine or Britanny constantly mean and hateful? It’s frustrating.

6. Leah says:

Will you do coverage like this on other shows? How bout some stuff on Community or Parks?

7. Pepper says:

I’ve never found Brittany funny.
    I don’t know if it’s because she’s stupid (not stupid: haha!!!, but stupid: mentally challenged) so what she says is stupid and not funny or if HM is just a bad actress.

• Jiggy says:

all of the above

• sm says:

Heather is not a strong actress and I never understand her mumbling. But Brittany since s2 started and where more focus was spent on her character has been written as a moron-totally unfunny and a major turn-off. I’ve come to enjoy her character more since she is more in the background.

• Tootzy says:

The thing about Brittany in the old days (first season and a half) was that a little went a long way. Before they tried to give her more personality she was hilarious, a good one liner here and there was good fun but then she got pushed forward a bit more and they made her have deep relationships with people and longer lines (most of which she mumbles and usually too quickly to be heard properly) she’s become less funny. I tend to ignore her these days cos she’s not funny any more.
      I know a lot of people love the Brittana pairing but I think it was the death-knell for both her and Santana’s comedy. Giving them booth too much personality and character development ruined the characters, turning Santana into a hypocritical bullying *itch (ruining any intended message the writings think they can spread) and Brittany into in a moronic *itch (and she is, whereas before she was very innocent now she has a real mean streak like her girlfriend).
      I don’t like the new saccharine Glee, it was much better when it was dark edgy comedy. Now it’s like High School Musical just with a few openly gay kids thrown in the mix, and I don’t have time for that (if Zac Efron can’t get me to watch HSM, and he’s got me to watch things I wouldn’t normally *wink*, then none of these characters will).

• Avery says:

I think it’s both. Actually, I find her funny at times, but most of her stuff this season has been downright dumb. Like sm said, they wrote her as a moron. And changing that wouldn’t really make a difference. If she was a girl with an average IQ, it would only make a small difference. Heather’s acting is not great, and I just really like her on Glee because of her ability to dance and sing.

• Pepper says:

I think she’s an awesome dancer but I don’t think she can sing that well. It doesn’t hurt your ears but it’s average at best.

8. Andrew says:

Best 31 Zingers? Best 30 Songs last week? Seriously, how much is Ryan Murphy paying you guys to keep making columns and lists like this every week? This season and its finale were so awful and so alienating to its fans that I can’t fathom any other reason you keep producing these.

• Terence says:

You’re commenting on a Glee post, meaning you’re still contributing to the hype. Glee articles get hits, that’s why this site keeps posting them. If you don’t like Glee anymore, just scroll. SMH

9. Tricia says:

One of my favorite lines was actually spoken by new guy Joe, during the Valentines day episode he said something like “we need to show them that not all Christians are door to door bible salesmen, like my dad.”
    Made me chuckle.

10. Angel says:

Not a zinger, but the single best line from Glee this season was Sue to Cooper Anderson: “You, sir, are a Disney prince”.

11. Katzzz says:

I notice lack of Kurt quotes so here are some my favorites

“Why is that T-Rex eating the Jew?” 301
    “I might as well have a big neon sign above my head that says ‘gay-diddy-gay-gay-gay’”302, best
    “Did you airbrush out your jowls?” to rachel 304, oh gosh lol
    “Finn: What happens when the Pope dies?
    Kurt: Heaven, you’d think.” 304
    “Does he live here or something? Seriously, you are always here!” 311, sebastian and kurt interactions were the funnest>_< "the criminal chipmunk."
    "Why are you being so weird and serious? Our periods don't come until the end of the month."312, omg kurt really?? lol
    "Do you guys just, carry those around?" 313, bravo
    "Afterwards we’re gonna make-out because your boobs look slightly bigger today for some reason" 320, ok technically finn said that but still, cracking up

ok I had now huge glee moment:`)

• sm says:

Yes, Kurt has had some great ones. These were the top.

• Mia says:

I knowww! Kurt’s comebacks are the best! Whoever wrote this must’ve been bribed by some Sue Sylvester stan because most of her lines aren’t that funny, same with Santana. And Brittany’s lines are just… sad.

Oh and the God Squad scene in 313… priceless.

• Mia says:

Oh and the whole bear/bush/shrub convo in 318… seriously who writes these?! Matt Bomer’s character had some pretty noteworthy zingers too.

• DoctorWhoFanatic! says:

Kurt’s best was “You smell like Craig’s List” to Sebastian!

12. AQ says:

I think the “GLEE” cow that you keep trying to squeeze any relevance out of has just about gone dry. The writing is terrible, people either tune in for the songs or because its hilariously awful. Next thing we’ll see “30 Most Poignant Moments From “Secret Life of the American Teenager”

• Jen says:

OMG yes! Tuned into that show just for lolz the other day. I had to leave the room. That girl apparently took acting lessons though, because she almost seemed like a real person.

13. Mike says:

Kurt to Sebastian: “You smell like Craigslist.”

14. Rose says:

How did Santana’s dialouge when Sam came back not make the list?!?

“Just heard the news that trouty mouth is back in town. I’ve been keeping a notebook just in case this day ever came: Welcome back Lissa Renna, I’ve missed you so much since your family packed their bags, loaded them in your mouth and skipped town. Can’t tell you how many times I wanted to enjoy a crisp pickle, but couldn’t find anyone to suck the lid off the jar. I assume you’ve been working as a baby polisher where young mothers place their infant’s heads in your mouth to get back that new born shine. So glad you’re back, I’ve never seen a smile that big since a claymation abominable snowman got his teeth pulled by that little gay elf dentist. Love, Santana” – That was some of the funniest lines all season!

• Ceecee says:

No, Santana is not funny anymore. Sucks to be Naya Rivera.

• Chad says:

I think she’s a good singer and more than average actress, Naya has potential but they should keep writing her olny for comedy reasons. I know this season lines were less funny than the other two seasons, but watching Naya acting in a dramatic scene made me cringe.

• what? says:

really that was dumb not to mention there is no way she would have know he was back. I actually thought those were her weakest insults.

• Avery says:

I agree. I see why some don’t think she’s funny anymore (because they think she’s a hypocrite, a bully, etc), but none the less her lines and insults are still hilarious. Plus, by the end of the season, Santana softened up a bit.
      For some reason, I have sympathy for Santana. I’m not sure why. She’s insecure about herself and all the things going on and how her grandma doesn’t love her anymore. For most that’s no excuse, but that stuff really gets to a lot of people. It’s overwhelming. She’s just taking it out on the people she loves in a rude manner.
      And what I find funny is that even though the other characters say mean things (Sebastian, Sue, Roz, etc.) they don’t bash on them as much. I don’t understand. I know Santana is wrong and does it more than some of the characters, but bullying is bullying. It’s high school. Almost every character on the show has done it at least once.

15. TVLine…”31″ and “Best” aren’t terms that should even be used together. I am certain that if you need an editor there are many qualified in the fandom….Damn…I VOLUNTEER…May the edits be ever in your favor.

16. Hannah says:

I think Santana and Brittany are by far have the best comedic lines on the show, with sue coming a close second.the way Naya, Heather and Jane deliver their lines are hilarious.

17. Jones says:

Where the heck is Kurt’s “Craigslist” comment to Sebastian? That was the best of them all.

18. Robert says:

Kurt to Sebastian: “You smell like Craigslist.”

19. KD says:

I love Santana’s funny lines. I love her putdowns, I love her making fun of others, I love that when she feels misunderstood she cries and she cries because no one understands that she pushes people to point out their weaknesses and maybe that makes them stronger, of course this is wrong, but that’s Santana for you. Naya is a terrific actress that can make you love and be angry at her character AND WHAT A VOICE!!! I was shocked when they made her gay but I have to admit she has made me believe that she loves her girlfriend. I would have loved her with Puck or Sam but now I’m ok with her been gay. I really like Santana.

20. Listening that gave me more the envy to see Naya or Chris running far away ! some lines were funny but a lot were mean, full of stereotype. Glee is not a comedy for a long time ago.

21. Laura W says:

What about Mercedes’s line in heart: “Apparently 1 in 10 people are gay, so that must mean one of the 12 apolstles are gay. I’m going to say Simon because it sounds the gayest!!” And then Sam agreeing with her because he likes her. I’ve never laughed so hard at that. That whole bible session is hilarious!!

22. mar says:

Instead of focusing on season 3 which was not the best yet, I’d like to see a poll on what storylines they should do in season 4 to recapture Glee’s essence. I’d love to see Santana rooming with Rachel and Kurt, that would certainly bring out the laughs! Would also love to have Lea Michele covering ‘Memory’ & ‘Waking up to the light’, Mark Salling & Dianna Agron covering ‘Falling Softly’

23. Marco says:

I still think ‘I hate you and your CW hair’ was the best. It was good, and in this capital DIRE dire season, it was one of the few.

24. BEE says:

I stop watching this crap at episode 7 of this season.

25. Dellie Q says:

“You’re skinny like all the crops failed on your family’s farm.” – Rory, was definitely the best one.

• Jessica says:

Absolutely! Funniest line on the show, the delivery was brilliant.

• Jen says:

Oh Damian… <3 You can't really act, but you're adorable! Course, if they would let you sing in your real voice… Also, your character was really boring. You were funny the first episode, and then they turned you to crap to spend more time looking at the seniors. They'd better hope they stay on the air long enough to actually develop their underclassmen.

26. Hannah says:

How is “You smell like Craiglist!” not on here? Also, “It looks weird if a person just has tanned hands Kurt!”

27. Jasmin R. says:

“Please stick a sock in it, or ship yourself back to Scotland. I’m trying to apologize to Lumps the Clown.”
    OR
    “Well today’s your lucky day because Auntie Snix just arrived on the bitch town express. Now my suggestion is we drag him bound and gagged to a tattoo parlor for a tramp stamp that reads ‘Tips Appreciated’ or ‘Congratulations, You’re my 1,000th customer.’”

28. Klaudia Parádi says:

When Sue put potting soil into Britt’s and Santana’s locker and then Britt said: i dont even remember when i put them in. and when rachel asked: can i ask you guys something private?! Santana: Yes! You should move to Israel. LOL i dont know which season they are from but these are my favs :)

29. Diana says:

I personally like santana! I think shes funny and she is my favorite charecter! Dont hate on her!!!

30. Emma says:

I loved the one from Figgins at Prom about the snakes in the toilets being moved to the zoo.

31. JR says:

I laughed at Blaine’s “Oh God no, no more candles” it’s like they were acknowledging how awful that song was ;-)

32. Maryam says:

Santana iz the best of all of them I think she s the most famous of all gleestars and I personally adore and love her she’s an inspiration 2 me luv ya naya <3

33. Disco Diva says:

Nice to see all you perfect people slamming Santana. Guess you’ve never been so insecure or in pain or confused or wondering what am I feeling that you never took it out on someone. If you recall whenever she was her nastiest karma came back and bit her in the ass. She was struggling with her sexuality so for awhile she was a “slut” but never satisfied. Then she fell in love with Brittney and she’s bi-lingual,bi-curious never could say bi-sexual. I have witnessed this very struggle amongst friends and kids. Its not an easy road to travel but apparently you perfect people have the map. I love the character and the actress. Keep up the good work Santana/Naya.

• sm says:

I’m not perfect or profess to be to criticize a character who doesn’t deserve any courtesy IMO. Without going into my personal issues on this social medium I have some big ones that made me go to an abyss a deep well that took me years to crawl out of. I never treated anyone with that kind of disdain then laugh at them for the sake of comedy. That is why Modern Family is so much funnier than Glee now. It serves all the issues of today with a positive message but doesn’t go to the depths of a sick and vile character to make its message and have fun and laughter following it. Sorry that part of Glee sucks bullets. It was a dark and quirky comedy once but has since changed into a dramedy that channels gross and macabre to the point of idiosyncrasy. It mocks its own message to what it wants to say to its viewers. As I’ve said before the part of Glee which is most of it that I love to watch includes characters who are positive and more influencing by change themselves and influence other characters to be better people. Santana is a downer. Not role model material in my book.

• Chiara says:

She had an excuse to be mean in S2, because she was in closet and had insecurities… Now she’s out of the closet and she is still popular, she has never been bullied, not even in IKAG.. So what you are saying is wrong.
      She has no right to insult people and this season I really started to dislike her… She is just mean and vicious. And Brittany too. I used to love her and her one-liners, but now she’s just Santana’s shadow, I can’t stand her. Better next season they go back to S1 Brittany, where she was there only to dance and deliver funny, tough stupid, lines, because Heather can’t sing nor act.

34. Rae says:

aside from all the Santana hate and bullying talk, I just have to add this one:

Rachel- “Look, Artie, we think it’s great you’re being so nice to Becky but–”
    Santana *interrupting*- “I don’t…I know that girl, that girl’s a sly, conniving bitch.”

one of my favorites from S3!

• Jessica says:

These are the times I find Santana funny. The long rants like the one towards Finn in 3×06 just aren’t funny any more. The snark works in random/small doses, not when she is OTT and plain insulting.

35. Angie says:

Santana zingers are always awesome as are Brittany’s one liners. I don’t quite understand why everyone is hating on Santana though, Sure in seasons 1 and some of 2 she was a bully and didn’t care about anyone except Brittany and no on else in the Glee club really liked her that much because of this. But in some of season 2 and season 3 she explains herself as to why she has been so mean (as mentioned above). In season 3 she becomes a more accepted person of the Glee club and more members become her friend. At this point the Zingers and Insults are mostly jokey and the other person laughs it off as they know she’s not being serious. It’s just how Santana is she’s a bitch (In a good way ofc) and snarky.

Sue and Roz, absolutely priceless, hope to see more of them.

• Chiara says:

I wouldn’t say they are “mostly jokey”. They are offensive and mean. People laugh because “Oh, it’s Santana, she’s a lesbian, she’s insecure…”. She’s just a bully and since she came out she has no more excuses to justify her viciousness. Not to mention the fact that even if she is lesbian she has never been bullied, she has always been the bully. Why Kurt, Blaine, Brittany (to some extent) are not as unjustifiable mean as she is, then? Kurt and Blaine went through the hell due to their sexuality, but they don’t spend every minute insulting people without reasons…

36. Tk says:

I’m sorry, I thought this article was about the funniest lines this season- NOT how did you feel about the lines, does the character represent a bully or that you stopped watching the season half-way through. If these are the things bothering you then why are you even reading a GLEE article and more importantly- taking the time to gripe about something. There have to be more than one type of character represented on a show or else there would be no storyline. Grow up- this is just a television show, if you need a show to make you feel better about yourself and GLEE hasn’t done that for you this season- then find another.

37. Naomi says:

Adding my bit in AGAIN! because i’ve been there i’ve taken my anger out on people because i was afraid… js it is a big message and Santana got bit in the butt by Karma for it and if you notice Santana was mostly mean in that one episode and the message i got and people going through that kind of thing would have got she is being backed into a corner and is being mean as a way of trying to fight it and then Karma got her for being mean so all in all…. TALK TO SOMEONE and tbh “Double-stuffed Fatty Gassy McGravy pants”? is bullying yes and she got what for but it is also family friendly insults

38. Naomi says:

Oh also Coach Roz and Sue ( Rue OR Soz?) ….THE BEST due … maybe after Brittana

39. Quinn says:

Santana’s insults to Finn got old really really fast, so those wouldn’t be on my list. I’d add to what you have–minus Santana-to/about-Finn–every word that came out of Hiram Berry’s mouth–and then we’d have my list.

• sm says:

I thought the Berry daddies were very funny. Kurt’s dad has had some doosies. But for me Kurt has had some aces.

40. Rachel says:

I loved Roz’s comment, about “shining a flashlight up your vajay-jay to scare out the bats” :)

41. hohoo says:

Honestly how can you even think that sucks being Naya Rivera because of Santana in season 3. She is the one that saved the season tbh. Yes, she can be mean sometimes but all characters have flaws and most of her lines are funny and her facial expressions are priceless. I agree that Santana crossed the line in Mash Off but she was NEVER that mean she IS NOT that mean. Writers made Santana said all that crap to Finn so he doesn’t look that bad and evil after outing her, nay it suppossed to justify his actions.

• zan says:

god, naya is soo overrated. i mean i like her character but saying that she is the one that save the season is so wrong. i think what makes this season a bit better than season 2 is because there were more diversity in storyline not just santana but there are rachel kurt even puck and artie storyline had been handled quite well

42. Jenn B. says:

I loved when Sue invited Beiste to stay at her house and said, “you don’t need a change of clothes, i have a tent you can borrow.” :)

43. Nat says:

“I’m gonna look like Medusa!” by Blaine, referring to his hair without gel, which, by the way, is awesome, and it made me mad to see how they all discriminated against him because they prefer it without the curls (again, his curly hair rocks). In a show that is all about embracing who you are, it’s not right to make a gorgeous man get weird glances just because of his hair. Not even in a humorous way. Anyway, I really love Glee!! And “Choke” is an episode everyone should watch, full of social strong important content.

44. Kailee says:

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t hear you, because you WERE NOT POINTING!!!” XD love it!

45. james says:

Reading all these comments about glee makes me think only crybabies watch this TV SHOW. Whaaa whaaa someone is being mean. You guys are not getting paid to be TV critics.

46. rosario says:

Dave Karofsky: “I’m what they call a bear cub.”
    Kurt Hummel: “Because you look like yogi?”

(Season 3 Episode 5 “First Time”)

47. Jess says:

All you people bashing Santana/Naya is ridiculous, think about who her character has always been presented as, a feisty Latina from the wrong side of the tracks w smart mouth who speaks her mind and doesn’t care what anyone thinks, and as for her goin off on people so much in s3 did you not see how that was when she was goin through the most emotional stress? Honestly how mean has she been since her “secret” came out? Ya not much and Brittany isn’t supposed to be “stupid” per se, she is more innocent,naive, and a Lil air headed. Think about it, you are all hating on Santana for bein mean are then there ya go calling people stupid, that’s bullying too and no one ever said is was oh k for Santana to he hateful but each person has to come into their own on their own and that’s all she’s doin, its not easy comin out. Oh and if you hated s3 so much why bother watching it, not every episode of every season is awesomesauce

48. nelz says:

OMW! U people are reading to much into it!!!!! GLEE is a great show, it would be imcompelet without santana and sue meaness… I love it!!!

49. readernicole says:

Okay.. Santana, Quinn, Roz, Sue, Hiram and Leroy’s lines are the best.
    I absolutely love Santana’s amazing insults on Finn because he deserves them.
    I hate him. All he’s ever done since season 2 is being an ass. I mean, how come he outed Santana and they made it like it’s no big deal while Rachel did some small things and they made them like they’re the biggest crimes?
    I said it and I’ll say it again.

Ryan Murphy, biased much? I thought the whole show’s about equality but this show has somehow become ‘The Finchel show’? By the way, Finchel? Worst ever.

• Adriana says:

Santana had it coming. I’m sorry but she kind of deserved it. Finn was not being an ass, if anything, just like Santana does, he was stating the truth.

• asdfgh says:

NO ONE DESERVES TO BE OUTED. being gay is still a big issue and if a person is not ready to go public about it no one, no matter what, doesn’t have the right to decide if it’s okay to out someone. that was finn’s low punch. really low and glee screwed up big time with that storyline.

50. Rachel says:

I love Glee…but BRING BACK SEASON ONE!

• chris22 says:

i have to agree with you!! i want somthing new and fresh…i meen im not saying the original members shouldnt be in the show but give room to new students…its high school sooner or later they had to change them…but i loved season one more than the rest so yeah id love more season 1!!