Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch on Tuesdays?

The Fall TV season will be here before you know it, and tough viewing choices arrive with it. We’ve decided the time to get thinking about them is now.

Each day this week, TVLine will show you the grid for that night’s fall line-up, including the broadcast networks’ wares and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch LIVE during each time slot (since live/live-ish viewership is still the creme de la creme when it comes to ratings, whether anyone likes it or not).

RELATED | TVLine’s Handy Fall TV Grid: Your Guide to What Will Be on When, and Versus What

One last caveat before we get to the polls: This is not a popularity contest. Organizing a robo-vote for a certain show will not get Deeks or Kensi to play house with you. So have faith in the merit of your individual choices, then watch to see how many others legitimately line up aside you.
NOTES ABOUT THE TUESDAY GRID: Grids represent the face-offs taking place for at least six weeks of the fall TV season; that is why White Collar and Covert Affairs, which go on break in mid-September, are not included. Similarly, Pretty Little Liars and Jane By Design will be on hiatus, and a return date/day/time slot has not been announced for Switched at Birth. Details on new shows (indicated in RED) can be found at these links: Ben and Kate, Emily Owens, M.D., Go On, The Mindy Project, The New Normal, Vegas.

1. Brandy says:

Hart of Dixie, Emily Owens MD

2. SVClois says:

Give another try for NCIS but, I am losing interest and will try out Emily Owens do to Justin Hartley let’s see how long it will last…..fall TV isn’t really incising for me anymore.

3. Megan says:

Tuesday nights only mean one thing for me in the fall: Sons of Anarchy. Wish they would just announce the date its coming back already. Everyone already knows.

4. LonePalm says:

Sons Of Anarchy – hands down the best show on TV!

5. PCT says:

This night is insanely packed.

Watching live: The Voice, Happy Endings, The Mindy Project, Parenthood
    DVR: New Girl (unfortunately, as much as I love it, Happy Endings takes precedence), Ben & Kate, Hart of Dixie, Emily Owens MD, Don’t Trust The B—- In Apartment 23, The New Normal

6. Alienate says:

Hey! How about adding “Turn the TV off” option on these polls. Some time slots suck so bad we should not have to vote for crap.

• Suzie says:

Uh, you don’t “have to” vote at all.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Very, very funny…. “Turn the TV off.” Love it!

• John says:

I believe that would be the “abstaining” option.

• NerdGirl says:

Yes, of course we could just skip voting for that time slot. But when I do that, I’m still curious if most other TVLine reading, TV watching, willing voters are doing that too, or if I’m in the minority. We’d still need an actual category that captures those who abstain or turn off the TV or catch up on DVR or whatever.

• AnnClau says:

There should definitely have a “catch up on dvr” option or maybe do another vote like this but for shows we’ll watch later, like on dvr.

7. Quick question…..is this a 1 vote per IP address?

8. Lia says:

Raising Hope & Parenthood got my votes!

9. ahawk22 says:

Hart Of Dixie for the win!

10. R says:

PPP! until Kate Walsh leaves, I am not gonna leave this show! after that, might have to reconsider my viewing schedule…

11. Nick says:

8:00 Raising Hope
    8:30 DWTS Results
    9:00 Happy Endings
    9:30 Dont Trust The B
    DVR New Girl(would watch live but since HE is right after DWTS might as well leave the channel on since I like it)

12. SoA, Happy Endings, New Girl and Vegas.

13. Maria says:

Not gonna lie… I’m a big Pretty Little Liars fan. The show is surprisingly awesome.

14. Michelle says:

Hart of Dixie, Emily Owens and Vegas!

15. Tams says:

There isn’t a single thing on Tuesday nights for our house until Body of Proof comes back. Thank goodness for our TiVo!

16. Why would anyone watch anything on commercial television live? Sit through commercials. We watch news and sports live. Everything else gets TiVoed. And yes, it’s a TiVo. Best DVR in the world. But I still don’t get people who watch live TV. Also, we get up for work at 3:45. Have to be in bed by 9:00 so that pretty much eliminates us watching most shows live. Looking forward to Matthew Perry’s show and will still watch NCIS and Parenthood.

• Gretchen says:

I’m with you. I watch baseball and news live, sometimes I have the Cooking Channel on as background live, but scripted shows are for the TiVo…and yes, it must be TiVo. I tried the Comcast DVR, it was like going from a top of the line laptop to a DOS 1991 machine, going from TiVo to the Comcast DVR.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Do NOT get me started on my Cablevision DVR. It’s like an Atari 400. Horrible, pixel-y UI. I sorely miss my Tivo.

• Alienate says:

Yes,I lied when I said I watch them “live” I DVR every show except for live sports.
      I’ll start 30 min shows about 10 minutes “late”, hour shows, 20 mins, etc. BTW, the Dish DVR is pretty sweet. I am able to record up to 4 HD shows simultaneously on my 2 DVRs.

17. Jenn says:

Nothing for me on Tuesday nights except New Girl – although I may pick up Parenthood and Apt 23 over the summer, so we’ll see what happens.

18. Larissa says:

8:00 NCIS
    9:00 NEW GIRL
    9:30 DON’T TRUST..APT 23
    10:00 SONS OF ANARCHY

Well, I have DVR time for either NCIS:LA or HAPPY ENDINGS, so I will need to decide on one. HAPPY ENDINGS wins!

19. EveatEden says:

I will tape the voice, private practice, parenthood and maybe emily owens md. I watch nothing live!

20. denuse walsh says:

i will watch hart of dixie and gossip girl on cw that is it I AM PISSED THEY DIDN’T PICK UP MARK THE AMAZING GENIUS SCHWHAN’S SHELTER !!!!!! so that’s it for me they made a huge mistake after he gave cw 9 years of greatness with one tree hill shame shame cw

21. Moja TV says:

Raising Hope, Happy Endings, Don’t Trust the B—- in Apt. 23 & Parenthood

22. Mary says:

I was going to watch Private Practice at 10. However, since Tim Daly won’t be on, I think I’ll just watch Vegas.

23. Martina says:

8pm Hart of Dixie or NCIS
    10pm Private Practice & Parenthood

will DVR one & watch the other live, depending on what’s happening in the show

24. Margo says:

Actually I rarely watch anything LIVE. I will probably watch a Monday show at 8 then watch NCIS and NCIS LA from my TIVO.

25. I tape NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles

26. Paige says:

I can’t believe Happy Endings, Go On, and New Girl are all on at the same time. I’m gonna have to go with Happy Endings though as for what I’m watching live. Will have to catch New Girl On Demand, hoping Go On will also be there as well.

• CJ says:

NBC is generally really good about making their shows available online and OnDemand, so you should be in luck. There used to be hardly anything to watch on Tuesday nights for me, and it suddenly just became the most crowded night of the week for my DVR!

27. Nunaya Bidness says:

Parenthood is the only thing I’ll be watching from this list.

28. Linderella says:

I plan on watching the mini-Meryl on Emily Owens, MD. It’s at least worth a look. Parenthood and Private Practice will both be DVR’d.

29. sarah says:

Hart of Dixie
    nothing.
    Parenthood

30. Renee says:

I’ll give NCIS one more try, but if it’s as boring as this past season I’m done with it. Still watch NCIS LA though.

31. Tran says:

The Voice & Parenthood. On Demand: NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Happy Endings and New Girl.

32. elr says:

Since I don’t get home from work until 9:00 I voted on what my family would watch at the 8:00 hour, which is NCIS. And at 10:00 I will record both Parenthood and Private Practice, but will watch PP live in most cases.

33. The only thing I really like on here is Happy Endings, but I’m happy Tuesday at least has something I like on it now.

34. colleen says:

I Just wished they did not move Private Practice to Tuesday nights at 10:00 from Thursday. Now I have to deceide between Private Practice and Parenthood. That really sucks!

35. KSM says:

There is WAY too much for me to watch on Tuesdays.

• davey says:

I was thinking the exact same thing – choices, choices.
      I’m excited that Happy Endings and B In Apt. 23 are on the same night – but I kind of want to give Ben & Kate and The Mindy Project a chance too!

36. JustMy2Cents says:

Definitely DVR-ing New Girl, Happy Endings, The New Normal, and Parenthood. I’m curious about the Mindy Project and maybe even Go On. Oy!

37. beej says:

Are you kidding me? I don’t watch ANYTHING “Live” any more. At the most I’ll start watching 20 minutes late on a 1 hour show. It’s just not worth seeing anything “live” when I have to sit through dumb commercials… especially when most plot turning points end in the last 15 minutes of a show so that I’m caught up with real time by then anyway.

“Live”? Hello year 2000!

• drkegley says:

I was about to type the exact same thing. Other than sports, I don’t bother watching anything live either. DVR – biggest improvement for television since the remote. :-)

38. Josh says:

Raising Hope, Mindy, Sons of Anarchy. Man, Tuesdays are gonna be awesome.

39. Amanda says:

My problem is if these polls extend to other days what I watch on the CW will suffer – as my lovely local CW affiliate just plays every thing an hour later than they should so “you can be out later”

40. DL says:

Happy Endings over New Girl, but I’ll definitely watch New Girl right after on DVR. 10 PM is all about Parenthood.

41. Jared says:

Considering all the promotion NBC is putting into the new Matthew Perry sitcom GO ON..public interest seems to be very low..myself included..

42. Jon says:

The only 10:00 show I’d look forward to is Body of Proof, otherwise nothing here interests me at all. I’ll watch something on USA, TNT or TBS instead.

43. Emily says:

New Girl. And if fall TV is as sparse as it’s looking to be, I will try to check out Sons of Anarchy.

44. robinepowell says:

I’m glad to see that the 10:00 timeslot is ruled by Parenthood. Though here in Canada, Global will have it at 9:00. Maybe the ratings will improve an hour earlier. Something I’ve been saying for years.

45. JimJam says:

Again, there is nothing good about Tuesday night.

46. Hel22 says:

Who does Tim Daly play again in pp? Pete? Is he leaving the show???

• erica says:

yes! both tim daly (pete) and kate walsh (addison) are leaving. this is the last season for PPP! Im still in shock! :/

47. Linda says:

I am off of Tuesday night TV until Body of Proof comes back, when it takes over from Privated Practice. I used to be an NCIS fan so I might check in every once in awhile but it is no longer must see TV for me anymore. Not enough humor, not enough time with the regular cast, and too many recurring characters whom I don’t care about.

48. Gail says:

Looks like a good night to read a book or watch TCM if a good movie is on. Really don’t see anything I want to watch.

49. I’ll be a fan of NCIS until the end, and I try to watch it live. I’d like to check out all of the new shows, but it will have to be mainly on Hulu. I do like the pairing of New Girl and The Mindy Project. Then at 10pm, it will be Private Practice until I decide if I should keep watching. A lot of things could change due to the cliff-hanger and the fact that Tim Daly (Pete) is leaving. If I don’t like what I see, then Parenthood!

50. Jenny Hughes says:

All i gotta say it THANK god for my DVR! To many good shows on at the same damn time! I cant wait for fall!