Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch on Tuesdays?

Get More: Polls

The Fall TV season will be here before you know it, and tough viewing choices arrive with it. We’ve decided the time to get thinking about them is now.

Each day this week, TVLine will show you the grid for that night’s fall line-up, including the broadcast networks’ wares and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch LIVE during each time slot (since live/live-ish viewership is still the creme de la creme when it comes to ratings, whether anyone likes it or not).

RELATED | TVLine’s Handy Fall TV Grid: Your Guide to What Will Be on When, and Versus What

One last caveat before we get to the polls: This is not a popularity contest. Organizing a robo-vote for a certain show will not get Deeks or Kensi to play house with you. So have faith in the merit of your individual choices, then watch to see how many others legitimately line up aside you.
NOTES ABOUT THE TUESDAY GRID: Grids represent the face-offs taking place for at least six weeks of the fall TV season; that is why White Collar and Covert Affairs, which go on break in mid-September, are not included. Similarly, Pretty Little Liars and Jane By Design will be on hiatus, and a return date/day/time slot has not been announced for Switched at Birth. Details on new shows (indicated in RED) can be found at these links: Ben and Kate, Emily Owens, M.D., Go On, The Mindy Project, The New Normal, Vegas.

Comments (117)

• Hart of Dixie, Emily Owens MD

Comment by Brandy – June 12, 2012 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I decided to watch the whole CW lineup as well, but then I noticed Happy Endings and Apt. 23 at 9pm, so I may not watch Emily Owens.
      PD: Parenthood FTW!

Comment by Phil – June 12, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would always watch NCIS: The best show on TV!!

Comment by Victoria P Hayes – June 16, 2012 03:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love it too!I wish the network would leave Hart of Dixie on Monday nights though.Very good show.I don’t want to choose.

Comment by Brenda – June 25, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I will watch Ncis also.I wish that they would leave Hart of Dixie on Mondays.though.I love that show also.

Comment by Brenda – June 25, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Give another try for NCIS but, I am losing interest and will try out Emily Owens do to Justin Hartley let’s see how long it will last…..fall TV isn’t really incising for me anymore.

Comment by SVClois – June 12, 2012 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tuesday nights only mean one thing for me in the fall: Sons of Anarchy. Wish they would just announce the date its coming back already. Everyone already knows.

Comment by Megan – June 12, 2012 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • thank you Megan…Sons will be the ONLY show on tue worth watching

Comment by DawgDaze (@drdjr24) – June 12, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sons will be back on Sept 4th already been announced

Comment by josh – June 13, 2012 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not true; no official announcement has been made.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 13, 2012 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • no it has NOT been announced, sorry. I run an SOA fansite and the fans are the ones starting this rumor. Please stop.

Comment by Megan – June 16, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sons Of Anarchy – hands down the best show on TV!

Comment by LonePalm – June 12, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s up there, I’d put it only behind Game of Thrones.

Comment by Chalice93 – June 12, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Totally agree, GOT then Sons

Comment by Olive – June 12, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This night is insanely packed.

Watching live: The Voice, Happy Endings, The Mindy Project, Parenthood
    DVR: New Girl (unfortunately, as much as I love it, Happy Endings takes precedence), Ben & Kate, Hart of Dixie, Emily Owens MD, Don’t Trust The B—- In Apartment 23, The New Normal

Comment by PCT – June 12, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • just happy endings for me, was going to check out the mindy project but the promo left be underwhelmed

Comment by jenna – June 12, 2012 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey! How about adding “Turn the TV off” option on these polls. Some time slots suck so bad we should not have to vote for crap.

Comment by Alienate – June 12, 2012 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Uh, you don’t “have to” vote at all.

Comment by Suzie – June 12, 2012 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Very, very funny…. “Turn the TV off.” Love it!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 12, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe that would be the “abstaining” option.

Comment by John – June 12, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, of course we could just skip voting for that time slot. But when I do that, I’m still curious if most other TVLine reading, TV watching, willing voters are doing that too, or if I’m in the minority. We’d still need an actual category that captures those who abstain or turn off the TV or catch up on DVR or whatever.

Comment by NerdGirl – June 12, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • There should definitely have a “catch up on dvr” option or maybe do another vote like this but for shows we’ll watch later, like on dvr.

Comment by AnnClau – June 14, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Quick question…..is this a 1 vote per IP address?

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – June 12, 2012 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raising Hope & Parenthood got my votes!

Comment by Lia – June 12, 2012 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart Of Dixie for the win!

Comment by ahawk22 – June 12, 2012 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PPP! until Kate Walsh leaves, I am not gonna leave this show! after that, might have to reconsider my viewing schedule…

Comment by R – June 12, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • this is the last season for PPP! :(

Comment by erica – June 13, 2012 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 8:00 Raising Hope
    8:30 DWTS Results
    9:00 Happy Endings
    9:30 Dont Trust The B
    DVR New Girl(would watch live but since HE is right after DWTS might as well leave the channel on since I like it)

Comment by Nick – June 12, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And because it is very, very hard to switch the channel and you may even have to move your arm……

Comment by JJ – June 12, 2012 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SoA, Happy Endings, New Girl and Vegas.

Comment by tvjunkiejason – June 12, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not gonna lie… I’m a big Pretty Little Liars fan. The show is surprisingly awesome.

Comment by Maria – June 12, 2012 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie, Emily Owens and Vegas!

Comment by Michelle – June 12, 2012 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There isn’t a single thing on Tuesday nights for our house until Body of Proof comes back. Thank goodness for our TiVo!

Comment by Tams – June 12, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why would anyone watch anything on commercial television live? Sit through commercials. We watch news and sports live. Everything else gets TiVoed. And yes, it’s a TiVo. Best DVR in the world. But I still don’t get people who watch live TV. Also, we get up for work at 3:45. Have to be in bed by 9:00 so that pretty much eliminates us watching most shows live. Looking forward to Matthew Perry’s show and will still watch NCIS and Parenthood.

Comment by DrKoob (@DrKoob) – June 12, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you. I watch baseball and news live, sometimes I have the Cooking Channel on as background live, but scripted shows are for the TiVo…and yes, it must be TiVo. I tried the Comcast DVR, it was like going from a top of the line laptop to a DOS 1991 machine, going from TiVo to the Comcast DVR.

Comment by Gretchen – June 12, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Do NOT get me started on my Cablevision DVR. It’s like an Atari 400. Horrible, pixel-y UI. I sorely miss my Tivo.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 12, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes,I lied when I said I watch them “live” I DVR every show except for live sports.
      I’ll start 30 min shows about 10 minutes “late”, hour shows, 20 mins, etc. BTW, the Dish DVR is pretty sweet. I am able to record up to 4 HD shows simultaneously on my 2 DVRs.

Comment by Alienate – June 12, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing for me on Tuesday nights except New Girl – although I may pick up Parenthood and Apt 23 over the summer, so we’ll see what happens.

Comment by Jenn – June 12, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Parenthood is so worth it! I hope you do watch it!

Comment by CJ – June 12, 2012 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seriously, it’s the best show on TV.

Comment by JustMy2Cents – June 12, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 8:00 NCIS
    9:00 NEW GIRL
    9:30 DON’T TRUST..APT 23
    10:00 SONS OF ANARCHY

Well, I have DVR time for either NCIS:LA or HAPPY ENDINGS, so I will need to decide on one. HAPPY ENDINGS wins!

Comment by Larissa – June 12, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will tape the voice, private practice, parenthood and maybe emily owens md. I watch nothing live!

Comment by EveatEden – June 12, 2012 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i will watch hart of dixie and gossip girl on cw that is it I AM PISSED THEY DIDN’T PICK UP MARK THE AMAZING GENIUS SCHWHAN’S SHELTER !!!!!! so that’s it for me they made a huge mistake after he gave cw 9 years of greatness with one tree hill shame shame cw

Comment by denuse walsh – June 12, 2012 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raising Hope, Happy Endings, Don’t Trust the B—- in Apt. 23 & Parenthood

Comment by Moja TV – June 12, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • your list is the same as mine

Comment by duke – June 12, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was going to watch Private Practice at 10. However, since Tim Daly won’t be on, I think I’ll just watch Vegas.

Comment by Mary – June 12, 2012 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 8pm Hart of Dixie or NCIS
    10pm Private Practice & Parenthood

will DVR one & watch the other live, depending on what’s happening in the show

Comment by Martina – June 12, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually I rarely watch anything LIVE. I will probably watch a Monday show at 8 then watch NCIS and NCIS LA from my TIVO.

Comment by Margo – June 12, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I tape NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles

Comment by Linda McBride – June 12, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe Happy Endings, Go On, and New Girl are all on at the same time. I’m gonna have to go with Happy Endings though as for what I’m watching live. Will have to catch New Girl On Demand, hoping Go On will also be there as well.

Comment by Paige – June 12, 2012 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NBC is generally really good about making their shows available online and OnDemand, so you should be in luck. There used to be hardly anything to watch on Tuesday nights for me, and it suddenly just became the most crowded night of the week for my DVR!

Comment by CJ – August 21, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood is the only thing I’ll be watching from this list.

Comment by Nunaya Bidness – June 12, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I plan on watching the mini-Meryl on Emily Owens, MD. It’s at least worth a look. Parenthood and Private Practice will both be DVR’d.

Comment by Linderella – June 12, 2012 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie
    nothing.
    Parenthood

Comment by sarah – June 12, 2012 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll give NCIS one more try, but if it’s as boring as this past season I’m done with it. Still watch NCIS LA though.

Comment by Renee – June 12, 2012 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Voice & Parenthood. On Demand: NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Happy Endings and New Girl.

Comment by Tran – June 12, 2012 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since I don’t get home from work until 9:00 I voted on what my family would watch at the 8:00 hour, which is NCIS. And at 10:00 I will record both Parenthood and Private Practice, but will watch PP live in most cases.

Comment by elr – June 12, 2012 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only thing I really like on here is Happy Endings, but I’m happy Tuesday at least has something I like on it now.

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – June 12, 2012 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Just wished they did not move Private Practice to Tuesday nights at 10:00 from Thursday. Now I have to deceide between Private Practice and Parenthood. That really sucks!

Comment by colleen – June 12, 2012 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is WAY too much for me to watch on Tuesdays.

Comment by KSM – June 12, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the exact same thing – choices, choices.
      I’m excited that Happy Endings and B In Apt. 23 are on the same night – but I kind of want to give Ben & Kate and The Mindy Project a chance too!

Comment by davey – June 12, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely DVR-ing New Girl, Happy Endings, The New Normal, and Parenthood. I’m curious about the Mindy Project and maybe even Go On. Oy!

Comment by JustMy2Cents – June 12, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you kidding me? I don’t watch ANYTHING “Live” any more. At the most I’ll start watching 20 minutes late on a 1 hour show. It’s just not worth seeing anything “live” when I have to sit through dumb commercials… especially when most plot turning points end in the last 15 minutes of a show so that I’m caught up with real time by then anyway.

“Live”? Hello year 2000!

Comment by beej – June 12, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was about to type the exact same thing. Other than sports, I don’t bother watching anything live either. DVR – biggest improvement for television since the remote. :-)

Comment by drkegley – June 12, 2012 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raising Hope, Mindy, Sons of Anarchy. Man, Tuesdays are gonna be awesome.

Comment by Josh – June 12, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My problem is if these polls extend to other days what I watch on the CW will suffer – as my lovely local CW affiliate just plays every thing an hour later than they should so “you can be out later”

Comment by Amanda – June 12, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Endings over New Girl, but I’ll definitely watch New Girl right after on DVR. 10 PM is all about Parenthood.

Comment by DL – June 12, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Considering all the promotion NBC is putting into the new Matthew Perry sitcom GO ON..public interest seems to be very low..myself included..

Comment by Jared – June 12, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only 10:00 show I’d look forward to is Body of Proof, otherwise nothing here interests me at all. I’ll watch something on USA, TNT or TBS instead.

Comment by Jon – June 12, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • New Girl. And if fall TV is as sparse as it’s looking to be, I will try to check out Sons of Anarchy.

Comment by Emily – June 12, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad to see that the 10:00 timeslot is ruled by Parenthood. Though here in Canada, Global will have it at 9:00. Maybe the ratings will improve an hour earlier. Something I’ve been saying for years.

Comment by robinepowell – June 12, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Again, there is nothing good about Tuesday night.

Comment by JimJam – June 12, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who does Tim Daly play again in pp? Pete? Is he leaving the show???

Comment by Hel22 – June 12, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes! both tim daly (pete) and kate walsh (addison) are leaving. this is the last season for PPP! Im still in shock! :/

Comment by erica – June 13, 2012 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am off of Tuesday night TV until Body of Proof comes back, when it takes over from Privated Practice. I used to be an NCIS fan so I might check in every once in awhile but it is no longer must see TV for me anymore. Not enough humor, not enough time with the regular cast, and too many recurring characters whom I don’t care about.

Comment by Linda – June 12, 2012 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like a good night to read a book or watch TCM if a good movie is on. Really don’t see anything I want to watch.

Comment by Gail – June 12, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be a fan of NCIS until the end, and I try to watch it live. I’d like to check out all of the new shows, but it will have to be mainly on Hulu. I do like the pairing of New Girl and The Mindy Project. Then at 10pm, it will be Private Practice until I decide if I should keep watching. A lot of things could change due to the cliff-hanger and the fact that Tim Daly (Pete) is leaving. If I don’t like what I see, then Parenthood!

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch – June 12, 2012 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All i gotta say it THANK god for my DVR! To many good shows on at the same damn time! I cant wait for fall!

Comment by Jenny Hughes – June 12, 2012 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post