Emmys

Emmys 2012: The Supporting Comedy Actor Race in Review, Including Our Dream Nominees

Expect the men of Modern Family to once again take up four slots in this year’s Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series battle, leaving just two openings. We’re betting Parks and Recreation’s long overlooked Nick Offerman will snag one of ‘em, while Community’s Danny Pudi and New Girl‘s Max Greenfield could duke it out for the sixth. We’ll find out who’s in the running when the nominations are announced July 19.

More Emmy Races In Review | Outstanding Drama Series | Lead Drama Actor | Lead Drama Actress | Supporting Drama Actor | Supporting Drama Actress | Outstanding Comedy Series | Lead Comedy Actor | Lead Comedy ActressSupporting Comedy Actress | Outstanding Reality-Competition Series | Outstanding Movie/Miniseries

Review this slideshow of the major contenders — including TVLine’s Dream Nominees — then vote below for who you think are the six best. And check back Wednesday as we tackle the Supporting Comedy Actress race!

Tags:

Comments (143)

• “Tony Hale, ‘Arrested Development’” But he’s not eligible this year.

Comment by Lucas – June 12, 2012 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m pretty sure they meant Veep – but still that typo is hilarious!

Comment by Alexis – June 12, 2012 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oops, we blue that. Poll typo is being fixed ;)

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 12, 2012 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • hahaha, wishful thinking, I believe!

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – June 12, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That leaves me with a question: with AD being aired on Netflix and all, not on a network, will the 4th season be eligible for the Emmy next year?

Comment by Lucas – June 12, 2012 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m REALLY hoping the entire male adult Modern family cast don’t simply get a pass again this year. Only Ty Burrell should get a nomination this year.
    Would love to see some Community guys, Max Greenfield and Nick Offerman get some Emmy love!

Comment by Alexis – June 12, 2012 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Disagree. I think Ed O’Neill deserves a nom as well. His episode where he dances with Lily was so heartwarming and well done.

Also, my favorite moment of the ENTIRE season was from the Disneyland episode when he told the story of how he decided to stay and be a father to Claire and Mitchell… and then Gloria yells down about the hot tub and with a smile he says, “And the universe rewarded me.” I was laughing so hard, but it was also just such a personal moment for his character that shined a light on who he is and what he believes in.

Comment by DL – June 12, 2012 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • O’Neill deserves a nomination from Modern Family this year.

Comment by ElKabong – June 12, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chris Colfer is not getting an Emmy nomination this year and rightfully so.

Comment by Russel – June 12, 2012 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Correction, Glee is not getting any Emmy nominations this year and rightly so.

(I actually loved Chris’ work this year, but it’s not comedy)

Comment by bamabunny – June 12, 2012 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Except this is the “Supporting Actor” section, so my comment still stands. I don’t care how much you loved his work, he’s not getting one, rightfully so.

Comment by Russel – June 12, 2012 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Chris deserves this nomination, not win because Glee overall has gotten unwatchable (what are writers thinking??!) for me, I only liked Kurt and Klaine parts, but they can’t be compared to S1-2, mainly because there wasn’t enough of him, he was just props to Rachel. Next season I heard he won’t be on much, so I hope at least he gets this nomination, and only him. Maybe glee writers and FOX learn something (hello glee lost like 4-5 million viewers this season?
          I’m not here for Rachel Berry featuring Finchel Show

Comment by Katzzz – June 12, 2012 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Your argument is ironic considering kurt/klaine and the all they gay drama from s2 is what killed this show. The Rachel/Finchel show was the best this show ever was s1. He’s not getting the nomination, try not to cry when it happens. Freaks like you are way too invested in this show.

Comment by Russel – June 12, 2012 08:25 AM PDT
          • Chris Colfer deserves an Emmy but once again, not for the comedy category. This past season of Glee was 100% better than Season2.

Comment by Ally – June 13, 2012 12:28 AM PDT
          • wtf??? The whole season was about Finchel.

Episodes centered around Klaine: TFT and DWS.

Comment by tonystark – June 13, 2012 11:03 AM PDT
        • Well, aren’t you just a ball of sunshine… Colfer shouldn’t be nominated because too much of the script was drama, but that’s a bummer because he’s a brilliant actor and if he had more comedy moments I think he would definitely earn a nomination.

Comment by Brit – June 12, 2012 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Chris Colfer’s work was amazing, however Glee has lost it’s focus, the storylines are nonsense, so I think the plot is lost. Great cast, bad show

Comment by Marie – June 12, 2012 02:33 PM PDT
          • To make it clear what you just said: “Colfer shouldn’t be nominated” > “because he’s a brilliant actor”, “too much of the script was drama” > “if he had more comedy moments I think he would definitely earn a nomination”. You have basically just admitted that yes, the show is nowadays less comedy than other options, but no, that is not Colfer’s fault. Many of the scripted lines that Kurt did have were, yes, dramatic and not very “gleeful”, but some of them were. Let us not forget the actual start of the season, some of the minor lines and his performance in general, in a so-called “comedy show” (which even I can agree on has lost its touch). Colfer has basically no say whatsoever about his lines, therefore you all should put the blame on the writers. Colfer’s performance however was outstanding, says I who always is very critical. No, perhaps he was not the greatest, and I have by no means watched all of the other shows (just a few) but keep in mind that Colfer’s acting was, at least in my opinion, one of the better ones in the show, and did have a few comedy moments. Yes, he should be nominated, at the very least. He does not have to win, though.

Comment by Noonie – June 14, 2012 02:36 PM PDT
        • Chris was not given very good material this year, and I will understand if he is not nominated this time. Good scripts are important. The fact that he is consistently better than his material doesn’t change that. Possibly, if Glee gets no nominations at all, the writers will sit down and think about what they’ve done here. However, I think it is possible to be a little more tactufl in the way you approach discussing this particular situation.

Comment by Claire – June 17, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Glee is a comedy show right but Chris Colfer is an actor talented in anyway like comedian, drama or singer, this year show us his different faces, this nomination he deserves for a magnifican scene in Choke, Goodbye or Whitney tribute.

Comment by Guadalupe Pérez – June 29, 2012 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • He definitely needs an Emmy for his Whitney song. He was just amazing.

Comment by tamara – September 23, 2012 05:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Eric Stonestreet portray multi-layered gay characters. Chris Colfer plays a stereotype one-dimensional gay character. And this season his sad sack character seemed to drag down every scene he was in. No, he should not get a nomination this year,

Comment by David – June 12, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Colfer brings quite a bit of dimension to his character (more than most on the show get, though he gets a lot of favours from the writing), but the quality level on Glee has gotten so poor by this point that he really shouldn’t be nominated, despite his effort.

Comment by Sean C. – June 12, 2012 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • @David Hello Kerrie!!!! I see you’re spamming your Chris hate again. You saying constantly that you think Chris is a bad actor is not going to make it true. Chris is the best actor on the show. Glee itself was extremely badly written this season, but Chris, Mike, Cory, Lea, and Max all managed to make the most of what they were given, especially Chris. You say he dragged down every scene he was in, yet the critics praised his performances in every scene he was in, and in many they felt that his performances of particular scenes were EMMY worthy. He is a phenomenally talented actor and you, Kerrie, need to get professional help. Your hate obsession with Chris is really eating you up.

Comment by RB – June 14, 2012 03:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, but only because I don’t think anything from Glee should be nominated this year. Chris Colfer’s work was as great as ever but all the storylines and dialogues were stupider than ever on the show (that’s seriously saying something

Comment by Mariana – June 12, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chris Colfer is a great actor. Unfortunately, he’s on the wrong show. It is not his fault that Glee writers are incompetent.

Comment by Erik – June 12, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Schmidty!

Comment by Emre – June 12, 2012 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope the guys of Community, Parks & Rec and New Girl fill the whole category. They’re all hilarious!!

Comment by GDV – June 12, 2012 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Completely agree with this statement.

Comment by Ra – June 12, 2012 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Naw its all about Modern Family, funniest show on TV

Comment by Sid – June 12, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where Cougar Town’s guys? Guys of Community are great!

Comment by sasha – June 12, 2012 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto on Cougar Town’s guys…especially Ian Gomez as Andy.

Comment by TheBeach – June 12, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jim Rash and/or Danny Pudi should definitely be nominated.

Comment by T – June 12, 2012 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait a minute, how in the name of all that is holy is Jeremy Piven still eligible?! Or even part of the Emmy conversation for that matter?

Comment by Alexis – June 12, 2012 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You should probably change Tony Hale from ‘Arrested Development’ to ‘Veep’, even though he will forever be known to me as Buster:)
    Here’s to hoping Parks & Rec gets some love this year!

Comment by Chrissy – June 12, 2012 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All the guys from Parks And Rec & Happy Endings + Chris Colfer.
    I’m not here for all the Modern Family love.

Comment by mehdi0204 – June 12, 2012 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damon Wayans Jr. NEEDS to be nominated this year.

Comment by PCT – June 12, 2012 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • B*itch it’s 5:30!!!!

Comment by Troy – June 12, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Probably my favorite scene from Season 2 between Jane and Brad!!

Comment by davey – June 12, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • YES!!!! Easily one of my favorite Brad/Jane moments of season 2… or season 1 for that matter! I used to think Max was easily the funniest guy in the bunch, but Brad keeps climbing that ladder higher and higher!

Comment by soarin829 – June 12, 2012 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL! So many great Brad and Jane moments, but that is definitely one of my faves.

Comment by Ashley – June 12, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ^ This :)

Comment by Gisele Glen – June 14, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So many funny men on TV! I could only pick Ty Burrell from Modern Family. The rest of them… eh. I love Max Greenfield, he’s the reason I watch New Girl, so I would love to see him get a nod. I’ll also root for Aziz Ansari, Jack McBrayer, Bill Hader and Damon Wayan’s Jr., but… Nick Offerman should just win everything in all of life.

Comment by Ashley – June 12, 2012 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cory Monteith should replace Chris Colfer on this list.

Comment by Kevin – June 12, 2012 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • but isn’t he like male lead?, even if he is supportive character Chris Colfer outshines him in every scene.
      sry but I don’t buy Cory acting at all. he is just so boring.

Comment by Katzzz – June 12, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He really is the male lead, but he submits supporting; the show continues the silly notion that Matthew Morrison is the male lead, even though that hasn’t been true since the first half of season one.

Comment by Sean C. – June 12, 2012 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Contrary to popular belief, Matthew IS the male lead of Glee, the whole story of the series centered around his character (a teacher reviving the glee club and helping to make it what it once was)

Comment by Stephanie – June 12, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That’s only in theory. In practice his role in most episodes is “whiteboard guy”. Finn and Kurt both get more to do than him.

Comment by Sean C. – June 12, 2012 09:37 AM PDT
      • The character is literally the straigtman to many of the flamboyant characters, but watch him react in the finale scenes. He is so subtle but really conveys emotional depth.

Comment by Sam – June 12, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Cory is a good actor and one of the strongest on the show, but I agree, Chris Colfer outshines him in every scene they’re in together. Mind you, Chris is a standout on that show and shines in every scene he’s in, but Cory, although he’s not as good an actor as Chris Colfer, he is certainly a great actor and will hopefully get a lot of work once he leaves the show.

Comment by Masie – June 14, 2012 03:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Many critics noted that it was Cory Monteith rather than Chris that stood out in the finale scene opening letters from colleges. As the character Ryan Murphy identifies with, Kurt is usually given meatier material but in the nuanced moments of the finale like that mentioned, the reaction shots during Shue’s song and of course the knock-out parting scenes, Monteith showed that given material where he is not just servicing other characters storylines he is a powerful actor.

Comment by gn – June 14, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • @ gn Well, I don’t know which critics you were reading, but none of the ones I read said that. They spoke about the final scene between Finn and Rachel, But in the letter scene, all three were praised especially Chris and Cory, but no one said Cory was best in that scene.The final scene was great from Cory, however, but not EMMY standard by either Cory or Lea.

Comment by Jonathan Roberts – June 16, 2012 06:28 AM PDT
    • Agreed. How can TV line say Lea Michele should get a nom as much for the train station parting scene but not Cory Monteith who was outstanding. And that is not the first time this season, there was finding out about his father and when Will confronted him about his future. He brings such emotion and depth to what could otherwise be a two dimensional character.

Comment by Sg – June 12, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would be most happy if Donald Glover or Jim Rash get a nod

Comment by MARIAPOMPEO – June 12, 2012 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bill Hader!!! <3

Comment by m – June 12, 2012 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bill Hader all the way! I hope he gets the recognition he so deserves.

Comment by Larissa – June 12, 2012 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also hope he gets the recognition he deserves, which in this field, would mean he doesn’t get nominated.

Comment by ElKabong – June 12, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Charlie Day. Its would be great to see him get nominated.

Comment by Adam – June 12, 2012 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Max Greenfield!

Comment by Jen – June 12, 2012 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sort of tired of the Modern Family juggernaut every year and hope the Emmy folks get tired of them soon. But we all know the Emmys do the same roll out every year because they are lazy. I personally would like to see the guys from Parks and Rec, Community and New Girl get some Emmy love (and Chris Colfer but his material was too dramatic), but it will probably be the Modern Family guys plus NPH (to replace Jon Cryer who is now in the lead actor category) and Tony Hale just to give HBO a nod.

Comment by bamabunny – June 12, 2012 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That the way it should be funniest guys on TV, MF guys, NPH, and someone else

Comment by Dan – June 12, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damon Wayans, Jr. all the way! Dream noms would be DWJ, Max Greenfield, Ty Burrell, Ed O’Neill, and the last two open from whoever (I don’t watch Parks & Rec or Community… I know, I know, blasphemy!).

Comment by DL – June 12, 2012 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Max Greenfield FTW!

Comment by WayneInNYC – June 12, 2012 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do people say they are tired of the recognition of the men of Modern Family? The 4 men were amazing and hilarious this year they had excellent moments and they must be nominated again! And of course Nick Offerman and I’m between Jim Rash or Dani Pudi!

Comment by Leo – June 12, 2012 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • While it’s true they all have their moments, they don’t all have enough of them to warrant continued nominations. Ty Burrell is the absolute stand out and I’d have to say that Ed O’ Neill has really stepped it up and also deserves a nod. Ferguson and Stonestreet are good but not more so than a number of others who should get the nomination.

Comment by tripoli – June 12, 2012 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Schmidt for the win!

Comment by Polly – June 12, 2012 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YEAH!!!He’s a genius! He cracks me up EVERY TIME!

Comment by Cassandra – June 12, 2012 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oops I wrote Danny Pudi’s name wrong! My mistake! xD

Comment by Leo – June 12, 2012 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chris Colfer one of the greatest revelation of the last few years but i have to agree with the “Contro”. Glee is NOT a comedy :/

I hope he will drop this stupid show ASAP.Glee is done,sadly :(

Comment by Cassandra – June 12, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shouldn’t Rain Wilson be in the best leading catagory for this season?

Comment by Talmidge Mcgulliger – June 12, 2012 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rainn Wilson has entered as Supporting.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 12, 2012 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • do all the office cast member enter as supporting?

Comment by Talmidge Mcgulliger – June 12, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ed helms is in lead.

Comment by ted – June 12, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s hard to narrow it to six in this category but Nick Offerman better be nominated.

Comment by Theresa – June 12, 2012 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that New Girl’s Jake Johnson gets a much deserved nod.

Comment by ted – June 12, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m stunned to realize that the only show on this list that I watch is TBBT. I consider myself a comedy fan, but none of these shows appeal to me. Huh!

Comment by Suzie – June 12, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you consider yourself a comedy fan, and you don’t watch these shows? What do you watch?

Comment by ElKabong – June 12, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I watch TBBT, 2&1/2 Men. Mike & Molly, Rules of Engagement, Psych, M*A*S*H reruns, and Brit comedies on PBS.

Comment by Suzie – June 12, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I consider myself a comedy fan and watch Community, Parks, 30 Rock, Happy Endings, New Girl, and Modern Family from broadcast. Big difference.

Comment by Leah – June 12, 2012 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You probably should not consider yourself a comedy fan then..

Comment by johnny – June 12, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Max Greenfield doesnt get a nom there is something wrong with the emmy people

Comment by ggny – June 12, 2012 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There is definitely something wrong with the Emmy people since the awesome John Noble (drama) has been overlooked for several years now. An abomination!

Comment by Jones – June 12, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ideal winner would either be Jim Rash or Max Greenfield, both are absolutely hilarious.

Comment by Courtney – June 12, 2012 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • james van der beek is great in don’t trust the b in apt 23 all 3 actors are hillarious can’t wait for new episodes to start the beek from the creek love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by denuse walsh – June 12, 2012 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The actors of Parks & Rec and Community have been robbed of what is rightfully theirs. My personal faves are Donald Glover and Nick Offerman, but honestly I would be happy if anybody from the casts got some Emmy love.

Comment by Ashly – June 12, 2012 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bull, the Modern Family guys are more deserving and they get what is rightfully theirs.

Comment by Dan – June 12, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • We get it buddy. You think Modern Family is the second coming. It’s not. Yes, it’s a damn funny show but so are a bunch of other shows. And there are far more deserving actors in contention that should get the nomination over a couple of The Modern Family guys. Broaden your horizons a bit.

Comment by tripoli – June 12, 2012 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a crowded field this year. There are so many additional actors that could easily be included, and just about all of these potential nominees would worthy of winning.

With that said, JVDB is outstanding in his show. His scenes at the wedding and with the young lady from Mad Men were phenomenal.

Ed O’Neil in the two scenes previously mentioned (Dance and Reward) was awesome.

Comment by CJatl – June 12, 2012 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is yet another crowded category! It is impossible for me to narrow my choices down to only six because I really feel that MOST of the guys on the list are worthy of making the cut.

Comment by CJ – June 12, 2012 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How incredibly strange. You and I posted almost similar comments with very similar names at the exact same time. Anyone reading this will probably think it was a double-post, not two complete strangers who happened to do this.

Comment by CJatl – June 12, 2012 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That is too weird! Great minds think alike I guess ;-)

Comment by CJ – June 12, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nick Offerman not having an Emmy is a freaking travesty. Aziz was great too in his romance with Rashida Jones. I like Max Greenfield (or, as I call him, “Leo”), but for me Jake Johnson steals The New Girl. He plays the neurotic straight man to Zooey’s zany lead so well.

Comment by Mel – June 12, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Leo! from Veronica Mars!

Comment by Harrison – June 12, 2012 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • he will always be deputy leo to me.

Comment by murley – June 12, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This.

Also someone just make Nick Offerman a wooden Emmy. He’d probably appreciate it more plus the emmy’s rarely get it right with nominations let alone winners (i do like modern family but IMO Eric or Ed deserved it last year over Ty).

Seriously though, him running from Tammy 1 in the premiere? Golden.

Comment by Ryan – June 12, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, just whittle him a lovely wooden statue. So much cooler!

Comment by tripoli – June 12, 2012 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is by far the most difficult category IMO. I ticked of six of the boxes here, but could have easily ticked off the double amount, and add: John Krasinski (The Office) and Jason Sehel (HIMYM)

Comment by Karen – June 12, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know its a complete long shot. But my dream nom is Adam Baldwin from Chuck, he stole the show.

Comment by Rose – June 12, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was tough. I dislike the foursome of Modern Family pretty much automatically taking up 4 slots when there is so much talent in this field.

Went with Ty Burrell, Don Glover, NPH, Nick Offerman, Adam Pally, and Dani Pudi.

Comment by Pat – June 12, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All my votes went to Community and Parks. There are way too many deserving actors in this race. What does it take to get the nominations ballot up to around 10? As much as I love New Girl, Happy Endings, and Modern Family they can’t catch the love and respect I have for Community and Parks.

Comment by Leah – June 12, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As much as I love Community and Parks can’t catch the love and respect I got for Modern Family

Comment by Mike – June 12, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You only have 5 actors with the Dream Nominee icon on their page…who is your sixth??

Comment by R – June 12, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Zooey is a lock, then why isn’t Greenfield? His character is the breakout star of the TV season, let alone their show.

Comment by chrisjroof – June 12, 2012 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I love Nick Offerman, for this season, I’d say Chris Pratt is more worthy than any of the Parks & Rec men. This was his best season yet and his physical comedy is unparalleled. Andy made me laugh more than anyone else on TV this year. I’d love to see him get nominated.

Comment by Laa – June 12, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Smidt time!!Also give some love to Damon Wayans Jr….he’s very funny.

Comment by Shaun – June 12, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Dule Hill?
    How about some Psych love?

Comment by Brigid – June 12, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tony Hale is so sweet on Veep. Of course he’s not going to get nominated, but the way his relationship with Selina went from her looking at him like a weirdo, to the person who knows what she wants even when she doesnt know what she wants (ice cream) was brilliant.

Comment by cj – June 12, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • community, happy endings, new girl and Ty

Comment by duke – June 12, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The entire cast of Parks and Recreation and Simon Helberg. I love Modern Family, but its time for some new blood.

Comment by yankeesrj12 – June 12, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope its still the best show on TV so keep rewarding them

Comment by Mike – June 12, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll need an explanation for why Nick Offerman is not included in your dream nominees. Thanks.

Comment by YowzaPowza – June 12, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the same thing. Thought for sure he’d be one.

Comment by tripoli – June 12, 2012 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ab.so.lute.ly. my exact sentiment. just about to write tht im disappointed/actually shocked offerman and pratt are not dream nominees!

Comment by atoz15 – June 15, 2012 01:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chris Colfer is an amazing actor, but I don’t think he should get nomination. His best performance in this season was the episode On My Way and it was drama, not comedy.

Comment by Susi – June 12, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • max greenfield, donald glover, chris pratt and nick offerman are my top dream nominees. this category is full of great talent so narrowing down the last 2 spots is hard!

Comment by murley – June 12, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post