Exclusive: Alexandra Krosney Exits Last Man Standing, Role Recast

Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing brood will look a little different in Season 2.

Alexandra Krosney, who played Kristin, the eldest daughter of Allen’s Mike and Nancy Travis’ Vanessa, has been let go from the show for creative reasons, TVLine has learned exclusively.

According to sources, the role will be recast.

UPDATE: Amanda Fuller (Grey’s Anatomy) has been cast as the new Kristin. Also, Jordan Masterson (Greek) has replaced Nick Jonas as Kristin’s babydaddy Ryan.

Last Man relocates to Fridays at 8/7c starting Nov. 2, where it will be paired with the new Reba McEntire sitcom Malibu Country.

Watch More TVLine Videos On Youtube!

1. mini min says:

Not happy with the change:( liked the older daughter better first time around :( hope the show makes it to season 3,won’t be watching any longer,sorry Tim :(

2. I stopped watching Rosanne with the change to the crappy second Becky actress. I sense I’ll do the same with this – actress and actor swap killed the chemistry. She’s way too wooden like Kstew.

3. Ed says:

Looking back in on all the comments made. I agreed with the majority. She’s not good, but after all our responses is anybody important listening to all these complaints!? Can it b changed back?

4. marsha says:

Really….you had to go all liberal and PC on us? The show was great last season. BIG MISTAKE replacing oldest daughter. The other girl is totally unbelievable as a recast and doesn’t fit the part. You’re done as a show if you keep her. Be smart and have her and her stupid baby daddy move to a different state,country or something. You get the point.

5. Will says:

The new girl sucks. The new one and her boyfriend detract from the show. Too bad.

6. Jen says:

I miss the old Kristen. I just got home from college and sat down to watch the show and I was shocked. She does not fit well, she isn’t funny and she doesn’t really look like the other two. It’s a shame they had to change actresses.

7. Joe says:

Reba has a real accent and she is the finest woman for her age that I have ever saw. I would hit that in a hot sec… You shouldn’t talk bad about people u obviously don’t know anything about. You can’t even spell her last name right so that tells me that ur a BITCH and defiantly don’t know what ur talking about.

8. Data says:

Thank you ABC fur ruining what was one of the if funniest new shows last year. now I can barely stomach it. The replacement actors and new tone have ruined it. Even my middle schooler cant stand the political tone now. it was understood to come up in conversation at times but now it’s just ridiculous banter. no one in my household likes the replacement versions of the characters. Not gonna record it anymore. You ruined a good thing sorry Tim Allen.

9. brutony says:

I havent seen it this year-I know the first ep was terrible, with the introductuon of her and the political ep. Have the subsequent shows been just as awful, too?

10. Ahmed says:

Totally bad decision. The previous elder daughter was amazing.

• Betsy says:

Actually, I’m warming up to the new actress, and I think the little boy is great. Let’s give them a break and see how it goes!

11. john says:

The show lost a lot of chemistry and flavor with the recast and story lines. I really loved the show and was totally stoked about Tim Allen being back on tv. I hope the producers read the reported comments and re recast that role. Boyd can stay. The baby daddy needs a re recast too to a guy that Mike can play off of to add a comedic duo. The daughters have no cohesiveness like in the first season. It is just a terrible show now. I never thought I would be happy to see commercial breaks but with the cast now I couldnt wait for one.

12. me says:

WHY DID THEY CHANGE ONE OF THE DAUGHTERS????? BRING BACK LAST SEASON’S DAUGHTER ASAP….THE SHOW WAS GREAT LAST YEAR!!!! WHO MADE THAT IDIOT OF A DECISION?????

13. erica says:

Glad to know I’m not the only one totally confused and horrified at the recast. way wrong choice! LOVED the original actress and character! I still enjoy the show because the other characters are still awesome. I just ignore the older daughter’s scenes now. big mistake.

14. nikki says:

Ok, so I LOVE tim allen.. the only I started watching this show, duh. To my surprise, I actually fell in love with the WHOLE show (cast) once I started watching.. it was so perfect!! :( They all played their parts so well and it was so funny. I miss the old kristin!! The show is NOT the same now and I’m actually considering not watching any further, despite time allen being one of my favorite actors. I don’y understand why they replaced her?? I didn’t see ANYTHING wrong with her being a young mother and her sons dad being absent. I actually admired them showing that side of reality.

15. Becca says:

As someone who just started watching this show for the first time this season, I really like the newer actress. I have seen all of season 2, so just went back to season 1 to watch and figured out the actresses were different. I’ve watched the first four epsidoes and am disappointed in how flat of a character the original Kristin is. I can hardly make it through these episodes. Was hoping the actress changed sooner. Perhaps it is all in your perspective and what you are used to. My husband and I are NOT politically correct people, and we have found season 2 to be hilarious! Very fun show.

16. rick says:

I agree totally Alxendra Krosney was so much better, chemistry, cuter, baby daddy sucks. Too bad the show so much better before.

17. J walker says:

Reminds me of till death, great show then they screwed it up with, what 3 different daughters? If they have the daughters sons dad living in a van in the back yard, or looking up at the microphone and he feels he’s on a sitcom in the show, it’s doomed…

18. dodes says:

new Kristen doesn’t fit in at all! I love Tim Allen but hate the turn of the show. hey producers its still not too late to bring old Kristen back and have Boyd be a baby still

19. Kathy Bowen says:

New Kristen and baby daddy are terrible. I don’t like the show any more.

20. Robert says:

The 2nd season of Last Man Standing is awful. I’m dumbfounded trying to figure out how they could be so dumb to replace comedy with political commentary, in a sitcom.

As for Malibu Country, I watched a couple of episodes and didn’t care for it. While I like Reba as a person, I never cared for her TV show and Malibu Country is no different. If you’re going to have a show about country people, then have it in their environment and not somewhere that they appear out of place. You might as well have a show about a rural American town where everyone speaks with a British ascent, because that’s what watching Reba is like.

Btw, “country” isn’t an idea, as Hollywood tries to portray it, but a way of life. Reba treats it as an idea and shows nothing of the way of life that is country.

21. Glenn Hubbard says:

As your newly-crowned Emperor, We hereby decree that any of Our subjects who use the phrase “baby daddy” shall face the rack and the whip!

22. Sissi Pfaar says:

BRING BACK Alexandra Krosney !!!!!!
    PLEASE!

I think we need to write them.

23. Great blog post. Its useful information.

24. Sorry, new girl on Last Man Standing stinks. She is doesn’t fit into the family and she can’t act.

25. liz robles says:

we really like this sitcom and we were so disappointed that the oldest daughter was replaced. The three replacements are a disappointment. sometimes it can be pulled off. not this time…hope the first actress returns.

• Donna Brown says:

I totally agree. She just doesn’t make it. the replacements are not good at all. Makes me not want to watch the show at all.

• Russ says:

agree, bring back Alexandra Krosney, the new actress does not fit in. whoever wanted this change should find work at a McDonald’s, poor decision. the chemistry was great, but now it’s not, and it’s very obvious.

26. Jennifer Rocconi says:

I stopped watching the show after Kristen the oldest daughter was re casted. The new girl isn’t nearly as good

27. Paul Moloney says:

I watched for 3 seasons. After the casting switch it just got worse. The youngest daughter is being forced to carry the weight of the show & like the character Alan on 2 1/2 Men who is in the same predicament just doesn’t have the star power to do it. BTW that’s 2 shows I no longer watch..

28. bobby joe miller says:

just started watching this show and the recast of Kristen is absolutely horrible :P

29. Gillette says:

The Son in law is just awful. Is he there just so Tim can add some kind of argumentative political social message about what he thinks are real issues in real life in every episode? This show is decent but the Son in law needs to go. While I’m at it, I personally cannot stand country music. Doesn’t mean it’s garbage, I just don’t like it. But I respect the hell out of Reba.

30. Maria says:

Alexandra Krosney was a much better “Kristen” on Last Man Standing and I can’t stand the new Kristen and the new “baby daddy”. It makes me crazy!!!

I love all the other characters. I wish they would bring Alexandra back as Kristen.

31. Don says:

On Bewitched that was a BIG mistake.