Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: Alexandra Krosney Exits Last Man Standing, Role Recast

Get More: Fall TV Preview, News

Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing brood will look a little different in Season 2.

Alexandra Krosney, who played Kristin, the eldest daughter of Allen’s Mike and Nancy Travis’ Vanessa, has been let go from the show for creative reasons, TVLine has learned exclusively.

According to sources, the role will be recast.

UPDATE: Amanda Fuller (Grey’s Anatomy) has been cast as the new Kristin. Also, Jordan Masterson (Greek) has replaced Nick Jonas as Kristin’s babydaddy Ryan.

Last Man relocates to Fridays at 8/7c starting Nov. 2, where it will be paired with the new Reba McEntire sitcom Malibu Country.

Watch More TVLine Videos On Youtube!

Comments (394)

• Not happy with the change:( liked the older daughter better first time around :( hope the show makes it to season 3,won’t be watching any longer,sorry Tim :(

Comment by mini min – November 13, 2012 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching Rosanne with the change to the crappy second Becky actress. I sense I’ll do the same with this – actress and actor swap killed the chemistry. She’s way too wooden like Kstew.

Comment by Leslie Poston (@leslie) – November 14, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking back in on all the comments made. I agreed with the majority. She’s not good, but after all our responses is anybody important listening to all these complaints!? Can it b changed back?

Comment by Ed – November 14, 2012 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really….you had to go all liberal and PC on us? The show was great last season. BIG MISTAKE replacing oldest daughter. The other girl is totally unbelievable as a recast and doesn’t fit the part. You’re done as a show if you keep her. Be smart and have her and her stupid baby daddy move to a different state,country or something. You get the point.

Comment by marsha – November 17, 2012 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The new girl sucks. The new one and her boyfriend detract from the show. Too bad.

Comment by Will – November 21, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss the old Kristen. I just got home from college and sat down to watch the show and I was shocked. She does not fit well, she isn’t funny and she doesn’t really look like the other two. It’s a shame they had to change actresses.

Comment by Jen – November 23, 2012 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reba has a real accent and she is the finest woman for her age that I have ever saw. I would hit that in a hot sec… You shouldn’t talk bad about people u obviously don’t know anything about. You can’t even spell her last name right so that tells me that ur a BITCH and defiantly don’t know what ur talking about.

Comment by Joe – November 24, 2012 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you ABC fur ruining what was one of the if funniest new shows last year. now I can barely stomach it. The replacement actors and new tone have ruined it. Even my middle schooler cant stand the political tone now. it was understood to come up in conversation at times but now it’s just ridiculous banter. no one in my household likes the replacement versions of the characters. Not gonna record it anymore. You ruined a good thing sorry Tim Allen.

Comment by Data – November 25, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I havent seen it this year-I know the first ep was terrible, with the introductuon of her and the political ep. Have the subsequent shows been just as awful, too?

Comment by brutony – November 26, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally bad decision. The previous elder daughter was amazing.

Comment by Ahmed – December 2, 2012 03:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, I’m warming up to the new actress, and I think the little boy is great. Let’s give them a break and see how it goes!

Comment by Betsy – December 2, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show lost a lot of chemistry and flavor with the recast and story lines. I really loved the show and was totally stoked about Tim Allen being back on tv. I hope the producers read the reported comments and re recast that role. Boyd can stay. The baby daddy needs a re recast too to a guy that Mike can play off of to add a comedic duo. The daughters have no cohesiveness like in the first season. It is just a terrible show now. I never thought I would be happy to see commercial breaks but with the cast now I couldnt wait for one.

Comment by john – December 3, 2012 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHY DID THEY CHANGE ONE OF THE DAUGHTERS????? BRING BACK LAST SEASON’S DAUGHTER ASAP….THE SHOW WAS GREAT LAST YEAR!!!! WHO MADE THAT IDIOT OF A DECISION?????

Comment by me – December 7, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to know I’m not the only one totally confused and horrified at the recast. way wrong choice! LOVED the original actress and character! I still enjoy the show because the other characters are still awesome. I just ignore the older daughter’s scenes now. big mistake.

Comment by erica – December 9, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, so I LOVE tim allen.. the only I started watching this show, duh. To my surprise, I actually fell in love with the WHOLE show (cast) once I started watching.. it was so perfect!! :( They all played their parts so well and it was so funny. I miss the old kristin!! The show is NOT the same now and I’m actually considering not watching any further, despite time allen being one of my favorite actors. I don’y understand why they replaced her?? I didn’t see ANYTHING wrong with her being a young mother and her sons dad being absent. I actually admired them showing that side of reality.

Comment by nikki – December 12, 2012 03:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As someone who just started watching this show for the first time this season, I really like the newer actress. I have seen all of season 2, so just went back to season 1 to watch and figured out the actresses were different. I’ve watched the first four epsidoes and am disappointed in how flat of a character the original Kristin is. I can hardly make it through these episodes. Was hoping the actress changed sooner. Perhaps it is all in your perspective and what you are used to. My husband and I are NOT politically correct people, and we have found season 2 to be hilarious! Very fun show.

Comment by Becca – December 12, 2012 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree totally Alxendra Krosney was so much better, chemistry, cuter, baby daddy sucks. Too bad the show so much better before.

Comment by rick – December 14, 2012 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reminds me of till death, great show then they screwed it up with, what 3 different daughters? If they have the daughters sons dad living in a van in the back yard, or looking up at the microphone and he feels he’s on a sitcom in the show, it’s doomed…

Comment by J walker – December 15, 2012 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • new Kristen doesn’t fit in at all! I love Tim Allen but hate the turn of the show. hey producers its still not too late to bring old Kristen back and have Boyd be a baby still

Comment by dodes – December 21, 2012 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • New Kristen and baby daddy are terrible. I don’t like the show any more.

Comment by Kathy Bowen – December 21, 2012 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The 2nd season of Last Man Standing is awful. I’m dumbfounded trying to figure out how they could be so dumb to replace comedy with political commentary, in a sitcom.

As for Malibu Country, I watched a couple of episodes and didn’t care for it. While I like Reba as a person, I never cared for her TV show and Malibu Country is no different. If you’re going to have a show about country people, then have it in their environment and not somewhere that they appear out of place. You might as well have a show about a rural American town where everyone speaks with a British ascent, because that’s what watching Reba is like.

Btw, “country” isn’t an idea, as Hollywood tries to portray it, but a way of life. Reba treats it as an idea and shows nothing of the way of life that is country.

Comment by Robert – January 5, 2013 01:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As your newly-crowned Emperor, We hereby decree that any of Our subjects who use the phrase “baby daddy” shall face the rack and the whip!

Comment by Glenn Hubbard – February 22, 2013 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRING BACK Alexandra Krosney !!!!!!
    PLEASE!

I think we need to write them.

Comment by Sissi Pfaar – March 10, 2013 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great blog post. Its useful information.

Comment by chronic kidney disease – April 16, 2013 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry, new girl on Last Man Standing stinks. She is doesn’t fit into the family and she can’t act.

Comment by Joanne Cacioppo Zullo – August 12, 2013 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • we really like this sitcom and we were so disappointed that the oldest daughter was replaced. The three replacements are a disappointment. sometimes it can be pulled off. not this time…hope the first actress returns.

Comment by liz robles – October 17, 2013 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. She just doesn’t make it. the replacements are not good at all. Makes me not want to watch the show at all.

Comment by Donna Brown – November 2, 2013 11:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agree, bring back Alexandra Krosney, the new actress does not fit in. whoever wanted this change should find work at a McDonald’s, poor decision. the chemistry was great, but now it’s not, and it’s very obvious.

Comment by Russ – November 22, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amanda Fuller is starting to look awfully sweet now. Her character is still foolish and naive, though.

Comment by Glenn Hubbard – November 22, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Did you notice the comment by Tim’s Dad about how she doesn’t look the same on Nov22

Comment by Paul Moloney – November 23, 2013 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching the show after Kristen the oldest daughter was re casted. The new girl isn’t nearly as good

Comment by Jennifer Rocconi – February 19, 2014 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched for 3 seasons. After the casting switch it just got worse. The youngest daughter is being forced to carry the weight of the show & like the character Alan on 2 1/2 Men who is in the same predicament just doesn’t have the star power to do it. BTW that’s 2 shows I no longer watch..

Comment by Paul Moloney – February 20, 2014 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • just started watching this show and the recast of Kristen is absolutely horrible :P

Comment by bobby joe miller – February 24, 2014 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you just started watching how do you know about the recast?

Comment by Paul Moloney – February 24, 2014 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Son in law is just awful. Is he there just so Tim can add some kind of argumentative political social message about what he thinks are real issues in real life in every episode? This show is decent but the Son in law needs to go. While I’m at it, I personally cannot stand country music. Doesn’t mean it’s garbage, I just don’t like it. But I respect the hell out of Reba.

Comment by Gillette – February 28, 2014 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On Bewitched that was a BIG mistake.

Comment by Don – July 27, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post