Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: Alexandra Krosney Exits Last Man Standing, Role Recast

Get More: Fall TV Preview, News

Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing brood will look a little different in Season 2.

Alexandra Krosney, who played Kristin, the eldest daughter of Allen’s Mike and Nancy Travis’ Vanessa, has been let go from the show for creative reasons, TVLine has learned exclusively.

According to sources, the role will be recast.

UPDATE: Amanda Fuller (Grey’s Anatomy) has been cast as the new Kristin. Also, Jordan Masterson (Greek) has replaced Nick Jonas as Kristin’s babydaddy Ryan.

Last Man relocates to Fridays at 8/7c starting Nov. 2, where it will be paired with the new Reba McEntire sitcom Malibu Country.

Watch More TVLine Videos On Youtube!

Comments (394)

• I agree with what everyone else is saying. The new actress just does’t mesh we’ll with the family dynamics. She has no charisma and the recast of the son and baby daddy, horrible! It’s too bad this WAS a great show.

Comment by DKRF – November 4, 2012 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, did they blow this show? We just watched the first episode on the dvr and don’t expect to continue recording it. The new daughter is obnoxious and the writing was awful. Not a single laugh. It would have been merciful had they just canceled it.

Comment by Anna – November 4, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show is awful with the recast. Very unfortunate because I liked Season 1. The new Kristen, Boyd, and Ryan just are not an easy transition to make. The new Kristen looks like a grown woman that had a child at an acceptable age, not a teen mother. The recast ruins the dynamic of the show.

Comment by shelly – November 4, 2012 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the recasting of Kristin may have reined my favourite new sit-com, Kristin was my favourite character.

Comment by Roars Price – November 4, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watched every episode the first season..completely turned off by this premiere. I liked the actress who played the oldest daughter I found her believable and I ended up loving the family cast…this one I wasn’t feeling it at all..sad I love Tim Allen but I probably won’t be tuning in like the first season.

Comment by michele – November 4, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The new actress stinks. The subject matter was just a commercial for Obama. I won’t be watching again.

Comment by Mary – November 4, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i just watched it and i don’t care for the new Kristin, baby daddy. or the fact that Boyd is 3 yrs older. They didn’t age the two younger sisters characters, so WHY would they do that to the others? I’ll give it another chance next week but honestly if it unimpresses me like last week’s did, i probably won’t bother watching it after that…

Comment by kat – November 4, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, ABC has managed to kill two birds with one stone: They totally ruined Last Man Standing and have simultaneously introduced a hedious sitcom in the new Reba nonsense…. news flash: Amanda Fuller is TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE and Reba simply can’t act.

Comment by Ryan – November 4, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just watched the new season on dvr…. Wasn’t aware of the recast. My husband n I very disappointed on replacing Alexandra. Within 10 min of the show both said don’t like new girl. I’m sure she does a fine job but she doesn’t have the great energy that goes along with the cast!

Comment by Lori – November 4, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it was a mistake to replace the daughter. I thought she was a good actress on that show and when I saw the new daughter it caught me off guard and I did not think she was that good.

Comment by anthony – November 4, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reasons to hate season 2 LMS; 1) the Recast… Horrible thing putting a 30-ish looking, stupid liberal, lesbian in place of a cute and likeable actress. 2) Politics… During these times of economic recession and presidential idiocy, the shows writers thought it’d be funny to jab at each other? Not funny one bit. It actually demonstrates the Hollywood bias. 3) Friday night… The death knell for tv shows. 4) Leads in to the new Reba show. Reba should be shot. Period.

Watched every episode last year. I watched the season 2 opener… After being confused for the first 3 minutes, I got pissed, then turned it off and will never watch again.

Comment by Steve Chambers – November 5, 2012 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The new girl isn’t cute or funny or likeable. I wanted Mike Baxter to bitch slap her.

Comment by Awesome Jenny – November 5, 2012 12:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was wondering what happened to the original Kristin when I watched the primer. I decided to finish watching the episode but there was something missing from the whole dynamic that I liked in the first season. One less show for me to watch this season I guess.

Comment by Jess – November 5, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why on earth would you replace the oldest daughter with this new girl who does absolutely NOTHING for the show. She lacks any believability. The new baby-daddy is also a bust. He is unattractive and reminds me of the meat head from the old Archie Bunker show, never having anything to say that one even remotely wants to hear. What were the producers thinking? The chemistry is all wrong now and I actually turned off the show and came back the next night only to turn it off again. Too bad, I liked Tim Allen but have no interest in the show any longer.

Comment by joe – November 5, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So unhappy with the new casting, we are done watching it!

Comment by Not a fan anymore – November 6, 2012 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Recasting was a big flop. The new girl cast as Kristen seems way to old to replace the same role.

Comment by Katey – November 6, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah I really liked the show last season and was waiting for it to come on. So disappointed now that it is bc we can’t stand recast either.

Comment by Jennifer – November 6, 2012 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristin was much more interesting & funny than Amanda. BRING BACk KRISTIN!!!

Comment by CDW – November 6, 2012 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too bad Tim Allen isn’t funny anymore…
    We never missed this show last year and now we will just miss it altogether.
    Horrible decision by someone – wonder who’s really responsible

Comment by John – November 6, 2012 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What was creative about killing off an enjoyable program?

Comment by John – November 6, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HATE Fuller as the oldest sister…REPLACE HER!

Comment by Melanie – November 7, 2012 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really do not like the new daughter on last man standing!! Just watched the first episode and was very dissatisfied ;( I thought she was the aunt or something. Looks way too old and has a biker chic kinda vibe coming off her. Yuck!! Get someone else!!

Comment by Mjubb – November 7, 2012 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alexandra was perfect for the role of Tim Allen’s oldest daughter. Her look, timing and funny delivery. The new girls does not have it. She just does not fit in with the other characters. Get Alexandra back.

Comment by jackie poore – November 8, 2012 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the way it was last year. Saw the first episode and the new girl just doesn’t do it for me then they got all political so I just turned it off after 5 minutes

Comment by Al – November 8, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t like the personality of the new Kristin. She seems too stiff… The old one was quirky like Mandy. Not too happy about this, a pretty big blow to the show.

Comment by Kymberly – November 8, 2012 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the prior older daughter Alexandra Krosney. She was very enjoyable. A great fit to Tim Allen and her mother. I will miss her. The new actress just does not cut it…… So Sad :(

Comment by rb – November 8, 2012 10:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just saw first episode. Big mistake. It isn’t that Amanda Fuller isn’t a good actress it is that the character interaction is now all wrong. LMS had a year to perfect their interactions. They felt like a family because everyone was interacting with everyone else seemlessly. In an ensemble cast the lines almost write themselves once you establish the characers. The eldest daughter character was smart, headstrong but also a little quirky. A similar charracter as Tim Allen except where his character is a right-wing-nut-job she was a left-wing-nut-job. Frankly I thought that conflict was golden and could have been one of the main pluses on the show if it contined.

In all serialised televisions the actors qualities need to mesh with the character somewhat. I expect Krosney bought the quirkiness. Amanda Fuller did a stellar job on Greys Anatomy. But I don’t necessarily see her as quirky.

I think the changes were afoot at the end of season 1 when Kristin broke up with Kyle. I thought they had chemistry and it didn’t make sense for the sit-com to break them up.The two of them as a couple reinforced the ‘last man standing’ premise of Mike being a bit of a dinosaur and fighting against change.

The change in show runner is probably the critical item in the mix. Obviously major disagreements with the powers-that-be and the showrunner.

At least it hasn’t sunk yet to the mess that is “Up all night’” Great show being systematically driven into the ground by ‘improvements’.

Comment by Shay Gordon-Brown – November 9, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agree. The new daughter is awful! And not sure why the kid got so much older, yet no one else did … except the new daughter who looks about 30. They need to beg and plead to get the previous actress back.

Comment by Chasity – November 9, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with everyone else. If they has kept things the same the show would do better. I also agree that this will be the last season. New girl and the baby daddy cant act. And the son should have been kept the same age. He is cute though! I just dont like it anymore.

Comment by daniegirl – November 9, 2012 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Used to love the show – now I hate the new cast members and the political overtones. Bring back Nick Jonas!

Comment by Anne – November 9, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t like the recast. Liked the original actress just fine – Alexandra? She wa\as great. This new one just bugs me. Of course, they said it was recast for “creative” reasons so who knows what that really was.

Comment by Betsy – November 9, 2012 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alexandra Krosney was the perfect one for the role! The new girl is not good at all! I think if they still want people to watch, they need to bring her back!!! She was the best looking one as well! Don’t know of i’m going to be watching anymore….

Comment by nick – November 9, 2012 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fire the producer now !

Comment by Ernie – November 9, 2012 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Show has gone down the tubes. To bad. Casting Changes were not tested with fans, and Political agenda last week.

Comment by BigE – November 9, 2012 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fire the producer now !!

Comment by Ernie – November 9, 2012 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Want the old actress back!

Comment by Jake – November 9, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate the recasts. I can’t watch anymore!

Comment by Paulette Sorini – November 9, 2012 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to agree with everyone else. Last week when the show opened, I thought they had replaced Nancy Travis, but took me a few minutes to realize it was the older sister. Do not like her at all! Really liked the original Kristen…I was looking forward to this show so much, thought I had finally found a new sit com to enjoy, but I just cant accept her, she looks way older, but also her personality just doesn’t fit in with everyone else…I dont like the political aspects of the show either. It also reminded me of a modern day All in the Family. Wished they would have just left things alone……(sigh) I will give it one more episode, but really disappointed…What does “creative differences” mean anyway?

Comment by nothappywiththechanges – November 9, 2012 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF TIM! Was a huge fan, been watching since you started stand up
    You and the idiots that think they can make a bunch of money off the sheeppeoples stupidity your wrong
    You had a decent show, flow, writing, cohesion, now just another greedfest of bad writing, recasting and the I don’t care about the reasonable people attitude that sinks all bad shows
    Your sunk!
    Good luck on the next one cause this ones done!
    Next time I might not even take time time TIM!

Comment by Ant – November 9, 2012 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bring back old cast members!!!!

Comment by Monica – November 9, 2012 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So disappointed in the new casting of the eldest daughter, the new attitude of this character is really unpleasant. The cometic timing of Alexandra Krosney was great playing off of Tim Allen, what a loss. I can’t stand it when cast is changed, especially after a great first season. At this point, they’ve lost our family as viewers.

Comment by Wendy – November 9, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Undo the recasting…. Mike wakes from a really weird dream, to find that he fell asleep while babysitting Boyd… rolls over in bed and is shocked to see Bob Newhart. Then he really wakes up, staggers to the bathroom and to emphasize the point, Vanessa surprises Mike when she walks out of the shower and says, “Who were you expecting, Patrick Duffy?”

Comment by Chuck – November 9, 2012 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad. I had taped the show and finally watched it today. I had no idea they recast the role and was so curious as to why. I used to love the show but something is totally missing now and the quirkiness of Kristin is now gone. I fear a previous post predicting this is the last season may be true. With all the choices available the casting director should be gone.

Comment by marge – November 9, 2012 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The recast is so distracting I don’t even know what’s going on in the episode. It has ruined the show for me. The producers may think we just need time to get used to it, but I really loved original Kristin.

Comment by Bella – November 9, 2012 10:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We don’t like Amanda Fuller as the new Kristin, but we can NOT stand the new baby daddy… we fast forward past him. If the shows contains to much of him, we just won’t watch it.

Comment by mypupdaisy – November 9, 2012 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by news4mpd – November 9, 2012 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bad Choice!!! Why change a good thing?? I feel like this chic just learned to act- don’t like her attitude at all!
    You ruined it for me, the flow is NOT the same. Bring back Alexandra- Kristen!!!

Comment by paypay14 – November 10, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really didnt likethe election episode. Dont like the cast change. Did they change writers too? Liked the first season….dont understand the changes?????!!!!

Comment by Donna – November 10, 2012 11:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t like the new show. Don’t like the new daughter. Don’t like the new dad. Don’t like the new Boyd. Didn’t like the first show, don’t like it when they mix politics in the show. Politics are a turn off.

Comment by Paul – November 11, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Recast after 24 shows?! By the way, first show of the second season sucked.

Comment by marquitos – November 11, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, I get like 2 dozen replies a day regarding the new season n this AWFUL actress as Kristen, but guess what? I haven’t had power most of the last 2 weeks, n yesterday, when I got it back on AGAIN, I went to see if I could watch it On-Demand, since I missed the first 2 EPS. However, my cable co. doesn’t carry it On-Demand, so I can’t see them. Oh well, I’ll take everyones word then that she sucks, n forego viewing her, n LMS in general!

Comment by brutony – November 11, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seems to be almost unanimous: TERRIBLE MOVE! Everybody makes mistakes but the winners correct them. Get her back. Recasting the recast is the right thing to do.

Comment by LTHAtlanta – November 13, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post