Exclusive: Alexandra Krosney Exits Last Man Standing, Role Recast

Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing brood will look a little different in Season 2.

Alexandra Krosney, who played Kristin, the eldest daughter of Allen’s Mike and Nancy Travis’ Vanessa, has been let go from the show for creative reasons, TVLine has learned exclusively.

According to sources, the role will be recast.

UPDATE: Amanda Fuller (Grey’s Anatomy) has been cast as the new Kristin. Also, Jordan Masterson (Greek) has replaced Nick Jonas as Kristin’s babydaddy Ryan.

Last Man relocates to Fridays at 8/7c starting Nov. 2, where it will be paired with the new Reba McEntire sitcom Malibu Country.

Watch More TVLine Videos On Youtube!

1. DKRF says:

I agree with what everyone else is saying. The new actress just does’t mesh we’ll with the family dynamics. She has no charisma and the recast of the son and baby daddy, horrible! It’s too bad this WAS a great show.

2. Anna says:

Wow, did they blow this show? We just watched the first episode on the dvr and don’t expect to continue recording it. The new daughter is obnoxious and the writing was awful. Not a single laugh. It would have been merciful had they just canceled it.

3. shelly says:

The show is awful with the recast. Very unfortunate because I liked Season 1. The new Kristen, Boyd, and Ryan just are not an easy transition to make. The new Kristen looks like a grown woman that had a child at an acceptable age, not a teen mother. The recast ruins the dynamic of the show.

4. Roars Price says:

the recasting of Kristin may have reined my favourite new sit-com, Kristin was my favourite character.

5. michele says:

Watched every episode the first season..completely turned off by this premiere. I liked the actress who played the oldest daughter I found her believable and I ended up loving the family cast…this one I wasn’t feeling it at all..sad I love Tim Allen but I probably won’t be tuning in like the first season.

6. Mary says:

The new actress stinks. The subject matter was just a commercial for Obama. I won’t be watching again.

7. kat says:

i just watched it and i don’t care for the new Kristin, baby daddy. or the fact that Boyd is 3 yrs older. They didn’t age the two younger sisters characters, so WHY would they do that to the others? I’ll give it another chance next week but honestly if it unimpresses me like last week’s did, i probably won’t bother watching it after that…

8. Ryan says:

Well, ABC has managed to kill two birds with one stone: They totally ruined Last Man Standing and have simultaneously introduced a hedious sitcom in the new Reba nonsense…. news flash: Amanda Fuller is TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE and Reba simply can’t act.

9. Lori says:

Just watched the new season on dvr…. Wasn’t aware of the recast. My husband n I very disappointed on replacing Alexandra. Within 10 min of the show both said don’t like new girl. I’m sure she does a fine job but she doesn’t have the great energy that goes along with the cast!

10. anthony says:

I think it was a mistake to replace the daughter. I thought she was a good actress on that show and when I saw the new daughter it caught me off guard and I did not think she was that good.

11. Steve Chambers says:

Reasons to hate season 2 LMS; 1) the Recast… Horrible thing putting a 30-ish looking, stupid liberal, lesbian in place of a cute and likeable actress. 2) Politics… During these times of economic recession and presidential idiocy, the shows writers thought it’d be funny to jab at each other? Not funny one bit. It actually demonstrates the Hollywood bias. 3) Friday night… The death knell for tv shows. 4) Leads in to the new Reba show. Reba should be shot. Period.

Watched every episode last year. I watched the season 2 opener… After being confused for the first 3 minutes, I got pissed, then turned it off and will never watch again.

12. Jess says:

I was wondering what happened to the original Kristin when I watched the primer. I decided to finish watching the episode but there was something missing from the whole dynamic that I liked in the first season. One less show for me to watch this season I guess.

13. joe says:

Why on earth would you replace the oldest daughter with this new girl who does absolutely NOTHING for the show. She lacks any believability. The new baby-daddy is also a bust. He is unattractive and reminds me of the meat head from the old Archie Bunker show, never having anything to say that one even remotely wants to hear. What were the producers thinking? The chemistry is all wrong now and I actually turned off the show and came back the next night only to turn it off again. Too bad, I liked Tim Allen but have no interest in the show any longer.

14. Not a fan anymore says:

So unhappy with the new casting, we are done watching it!

15. Katey says:

Recasting was a big flop. The new girl cast as Kristen seems way to old to replace the same role.

16. Jennifer says:

Yeah I really liked the show last season and was waiting for it to come on. So disappointed now that it is bc we can’t stand recast either.

17. CDW says:

Kristin was much more interesting & funny than Amanda. BRING BACk KRISTIN!!!

18. John says:

Too bad Tim Allen isn’t funny anymore…
    We never missed this show last year and now we will just miss it altogether.
    Horrible decision by someone – wonder who’s really responsible

19. John says:

What was creative about killing off an enjoyable program?

20. Melanie says:

HATE Fuller as the oldest sister…REPLACE HER!

21. Mjubb says:

Really do not like the new daughter on last man standing!! Just watched the first episode and was very dissatisfied ;( I thought she was the aunt or something. Looks way too old and has a biker chic kinda vibe coming off her. Yuck!! Get someone else!!

22. jackie poore says:

Alexandra was perfect for the role of Tim Allen’s oldest daughter. Her look, timing and funny delivery. The new girls does not have it. She just does not fit in with the other characters. Get Alexandra back.

23. Al says:

I like the way it was last year. Saw the first episode and the new girl just doesn’t do it for me then they got all political so I just turned it off after 5 minutes

24. Kymberly says:

Don’t like the personality of the new Kristin. She seems too stiff… The old one was quirky like Mandy. Not too happy about this, a pretty big blow to the show.

25. rb says:

I loved the prior older daughter Alexandra Krosney. She was very enjoyable. A great fit to Tim Allen and her mother. I will miss her. The new actress just does not cut it…… So Sad :(

26. Shay Gordon-Brown says:

Just saw first episode. Big mistake. It isn’t that Amanda Fuller isn’t a good actress it is that the character interaction is now all wrong. LMS had a year to perfect their interactions. They felt like a family because everyone was interacting with everyone else seemlessly. In an ensemble cast the lines almost write themselves once you establish the characers. The eldest daughter character was smart, headstrong but also a little quirky. A similar charracter as Tim Allen except where his character is a right-wing-nut-job she was a left-wing-nut-job. Frankly I thought that conflict was golden and could have been one of the main pluses on the show if it contined.

In all serialised televisions the actors qualities need to mesh with the character somewhat. I expect Krosney bought the quirkiness. Amanda Fuller did a stellar job on Greys Anatomy. But I don’t necessarily see her as quirky.

I think the changes were afoot at the end of season 1 when Kristin broke up with Kyle. I thought they had chemistry and it didn’t make sense for the sit-com to break them up.The two of them as a couple reinforced the ‘last man standing’ premise of Mike being a bit of a dinosaur and fighting against change.

The change in show runner is probably the critical item in the mix. Obviously major disagreements with the powers-that-be and the showrunner.

At least it hasn’t sunk yet to the mess that is “Up all night'” Great show being systematically driven into the ground by ‘improvements’.

27. Chasity says:

Agree. The new daughter is awful! And not sure why the kid got so much older, yet no one else did … except the new daughter who looks about 30. They need to beg and plead to get the previous actress back.

28. daniegirl says:

I agree with everyone else. If they has kept things the same the show would do better. I also agree that this will be the last season. New girl and the baby daddy cant act. And the son should have been kept the same age. He is cute though! I just dont like it anymore.

29. Anne says:

Used to love the show – now I hate the new cast members and the political overtones. Bring back Nick Jonas!

30. Betsy says:

Don’t like the recast. Liked the original actress just fine – Alexandra? She wa\as great. This new one just bugs me. Of course, they said it was recast for “creative” reasons so who knows what that really was.

31. nick says:

Alexandra Krosney was the perfect one for the role! The new girl is not good at all! I think if they still want people to watch, they need to bring her back!!! She was the best looking one as well! Don’t know of i’m going to be watching anymore….

32. Ernie says:

Fire the producer now !

33. BigE says:

The Show has gone down the tubes. To bad. Casting Changes were not tested with fans, and Political agenda last week.

34. Ernie says:

Fire the producer now !!

35. Jake says:

Want the old actress back!

36. I hate the recasts. I can’t watch anymore!

37. nothappywiththechanges says:

I have to agree with everyone else. Last week when the show opened, I thought they had replaced Nancy Travis, but took me a few minutes to realize it was the older sister. Do not like her at all! Really liked the original Kristen…I was looking forward to this show so much, thought I had finally found a new sit com to enjoy, but I just cant accept her, she looks way older, but also her personality just doesn’t fit in with everyone else…I dont like the political aspects of the show either. It also reminded me of a modern day All in the Family. Wished they would have just left things alone……(sigh) I will give it one more episode, but really disappointed…What does “creative differences” mean anyway?

38. Ant says:

WTF TIM! Was a huge fan, been watching since you started stand up
    You and the idiots that think they can make a bunch of money off the sheeppeoples stupidity your wrong
    You had a decent show, flow, writing, cohesion, now just another greedfest of bad writing, recasting and the I don’t care about the reasonable people attitude that sinks all bad shows
    Your sunk!
    Good luck on the next one cause this ones done!
    Next time I might not even take time time TIM!

39. Monica says:

bring back old cast members!!!!

40. Wendy says:

So disappointed in the new casting of the eldest daughter, the new attitude of this character is really unpleasant. The cometic timing of Alexandra Krosney was great playing off of Tim Allen, what a loss. I can’t stand it when cast is changed, especially after a great first season. At this point, they’ve lost our family as viewers.

41. Chuck says:

Undo the recasting…. Mike wakes from a really weird dream, to find that he fell asleep while babysitting Boyd… rolls over in bed and is shocked to see Bob Newhart. Then he really wakes up, staggers to the bathroom and to emphasize the point, Vanessa surprises Mike when she walks out of the shower and says, “Who were you expecting, Patrick Duffy?”

42. marge says:

So sad. I had taped the show and finally watched it today. I had no idea they recast the role and was so curious as to why. I used to love the show but something is totally missing now and the quirkiness of Kristin is now gone. I fear a previous post predicting this is the last season may be true. With all the choices available the casting director should be gone.

43. Bella says:

The recast is so distracting I don’t even know what’s going on in the episode. It has ruined the show for me. The producers may think we just need time to get used to it, but I really loved original Kristin.

44. mypupdaisy says:

We don’t like Amanda Fuller as the new Kristin, but we can NOT stand the new baby daddy… we fast forward past him. If the shows contains to much of him, we just won’t watch it.

45. news4mpd says:

46. paypay14 says:

Bad Choice!!! Why change a good thing?? I feel like this chic just learned to act- don’t like her attitude at all!
    You ruined it for me, the flow is NOT the same. Bring back Alexandra- Kristen!!!

47. Donna says:

Really didnt likethe election episode. Dont like the cast change. Did they change writers too? Liked the first season….dont understand the changes?????!!!!

48. Paul says:

Don’t like the new show. Don’t like the new daughter. Don’t like the new dad. Don’t like the new Boyd. Didn’t like the first show, don’t like it when they mix politics in the show. Politics are a turn off.

49. marquitos says:

Recast after 24 shows?! By the way, first show of the second season sucked.

• brutony says:

Wow, I get like 2 dozen replies a day regarding the new season n this AWFUL actress as Kristen, but guess what? I haven’t had power most of the last 2 weeks, n yesterday, when I got it back on AGAIN, I went to see if I could watch it On-Demand, since I missed the first 2 EPS. However, my cable co. doesn’t carry it On-Demand, so I can’t see them. Oh well, I’ll take everyones word then that she sucks, n forego viewing her, n LMS in general!

50. LTHAtlanta says:

Seems to be almost unanimous: TERRIBLE MOVE! Everybody makes mistakes but the winners correct them. Get her back. Recasting the recast is the right thing to do.