Exclusive: Alexandra Krosney Exits Last Man Standing, Role Recast

Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing brood will look a little different in Season 2.

Alexandra Krosney, who played Kristin, the eldest daughter of Allen’s Mike and Nancy Travis’ Vanessa, has been let go from the show for creative reasons, TVLine has learned exclusively.

According to sources, the role will be recast.

UPDATE: Amanda Fuller (Grey’s Anatomy) has been cast as the new Kristin. Also, Jordan Masterson (Greek) has replaced Nick Jonas as Kristin’s babydaddy Ryan.

Last Man relocates to Fridays at 8/7c starting Nov. 2, where it will be paired with the new Reba McEntire sitcom Malibu Country.

Watch More TVLine Videos On Youtube!

1. linda maxw says:

The only thing the show can do now to survive is marry off the oldest daughter to her boyfriend and have them move away. The other daughters are funny enough to carry the show. Along with the rest of the cast. And for God’s sakes, never, never bring politics into the show again. That was dispicable and had no place being in the show or for that matter ANY show!!!!

2. vic says:

I am not happy about the new replacement or the way the writing is going. If things do not change back, I don’t believe I continue to watch.

3. donna simon says:

Bring Alex back. The new girl doesn’t fit.

4. Joe says:

I do not like the re-cast either. The biggest problem I see is age. The oldest daughter gave me the impression she was of college age and didn’t have it all together so that is why she returned home. The new gal appears more in her late 20’s and is way too political. Granted, I know the premier was about the election, but somehow, I sense she’s going to always be arguing against her father. Furthermore, the kids looked close proven by the fact that poeple on this site could not remember who was who. That is not the case anymore. I dislike this turn of events. That new babby dada is horrible. They could at least find a Jonas look-alike. I’ll watch a couple of more episodes, but I will likeky drop off too.

5. Ed says:

When I first watched the show I said to my wife, this cast fits perfect. Love the show! Now not so much. Not because she’s new, she just does not suit. Who ever made that call should have his her head read. Big big big mistake! Maybe the producer owed a favor!?

6. amy says:

I don’t like the cast change this season Alex was much better

7. americanwoman says:

I do not like the new actress for the show. I feel that the chemistry with the family is off. I think it would have been better to make something up as to why the daughter wasn’t there anymore than to Bing a new person in. Also I did not like the season 2s first episode. As a woman I was angry that all the female Rolls supported one side in f he election. When the show aattempted to have the characters debate on the issues the republican side was made to look unintelligent and flinging insults while the. Democratic side made political arguments. I believe the writters should have given both sides more facts if they wanted to do an episode rreflecting the election. I hope the next episode is better or I won’t be watching anymore.

8. hoo says:

horrible changes,totally insane

was it me or did everyone on the show in the season opener just seem like they just didnt care about what they were doing,especially the mom,,,she seemed like she didnt want to be there

new girl stinks,,,,age changes stink,and the hard core political theme was ignorant

no longer a fan,will never waste another second of my life watching

9. Noni says:

We hated everything about this new season. It seemed like they are trying to do “All In the Family” with Tim Allen as Archie Bunker and the new fake daughter’s baby daddy as Meathead. The politics were biased, written by someone with an agenda, and should never have been put into a sitcom, which people watch to get away from real life crap. And what’s up with that unlikeable new daughter and robot new kid? To say nothing of that personality-less guy. This family doesn’t fit together anymore. What a big disappointment this season is. We won’t be watching this show anymore.

10. Ronnie says:

Absolutely hate the “new” daughter. The show now sucks and will remove it from my DVR series recording. I think ABC was just looking for someone to push their political agenda and Alex wouldn’t do it!

11. Cory says:

So disappointed in the new season. I rooted for it to come back and loved it. Alex was my favorite of the sisters.
    I turned the first episode off after the first 5mins and deleted it from my DVR. I was completely disgusted with the changes. The replacement was awful and it’s amazing how fast a toddler can grow up and Nick Jonas can get buff and grow facial hair. I don’t expect a third season.
    And bringing politics in the first episode? Very poor choice.

• michele says:

Completely agree…for me it was less the plot and mainly just the recast. It is crazy how one change up can ruin and entire show. Sad because I loved the first season.

12. Marvin says:

The show now sucks… I’m done watching…

• Mike Baxter says:

I agree, a lot has been lost. One character change like this can ruin a show. I’m not as excited about watching anymore.

13. Dave says:

Thats me done with the show, gave it a go last night to see what the new cast would be like but it was a disaster, Alexandra Krosney was my main reason for watching it anyway.

14. Ryan says:

Why change a good thing? The new actress/actors are too different. The Obama vs. Romney did not help the family unity especially with these new characters. With no chemistry sitcoms dissolve. Bring back the original cast. We have had enough change
    for the past four years.

15. Mike Baxter says:

Please bring back Alexandra Krosney!!!!!! The show is so different without her. She added a tremendous amount to the character developement of the show. This was a bad move!

16. adam says:

Really!!!!! Wow this sucks. I like the show just the way it was! Amanda fuller does not fit in with family. For a minute i thought she was
    moms sister.

17. Amy says:

Really loved the show; Hate the new actress and new dad – they are both terrible. The kid is lame and I usually like the little kids on shows. Why did they mess up such a terrific show?! Are these actors friends of someone in high places? Deleting from the DVR. Goodbye. (But let me know when they get rid of all three, esp the adults and I will return.)

18. Doug says:

I agree with every single one of these posts. Idiots! Bring back Alexandra and what the hell does creative differences suppose to mean? Hey I have a creative idea fire the idiot who thought firing her for creative differances was a bright idea. They did the same thing on the SyFy channel with Sanctuary.

19. Missy says:

I was so looking forward to the return of The Last Man Standing, but was SOOOO disappointed last night! Please bring back Alexandra Krosney, the new girl just does not work!!! I’m not sure I’ll be watching this again :(

20. glenn says:

Why do TV execs always try to fix somthing thats not broke., the old original cast was percect

21. Vicki says:

All the cast changes are terrible. May not be watching this show for long. Too bad, because I really liked it .

22. HL Clark says:

Seriously ABC!!! What in the world are you doing? Bring the old sister back!!! Just watched the first episode with the new girl and was so upset. It’s like when they changed the mom on Fresh Prince. ABC if you are reading this please cut your losses. It’s not too late to bring her back.

23. Lisa says:

Watching “Last Man Standing”. I am not a fan of the new older daughter. Dissapointed actually. Not sure if I will continue watching.

24. Gigi says:

Hate the new actress for the oldest daughter, love Alexandra in the role. Was looking forward to the series’ return, but ugh the changes are too drastic. Best to have oldest daughter and family move far away, that may save it.

25. Scott says:

New cast is horrible. It is like they want a 2012 All in the Family. If I want a show loaded with liberal antagonists and families that don’t get along I can watch any other sit com out there. It had better get better because the casting and writing sucked bad in week 1.

26. Ryan says:

This will sadly ruin the show. The new actress doesn’t fit the eye test in the family and she is hard to look at. HATE THIS.

27. LW says:

When I first saw the new oldest daughter, I thought she was replacing Nancy Travis. Creative reasons? The new daughter looks 15 years older than the previous one. The casting director should be fired. All the actresses in LA and you couldn’t find one believable replacement? My family liked the original cast, a big thumbs down to the changes.

28. Dawn says:

I really think all the daughters had great chemistry together, did someone not like that she was a single mom without a father in the picture and so they felt they needed to change the oldest daughter? We are very disappointed with losing the original daughter. We thought she was very funny and witty. How do you change the dynamics of the show and expect the views to approve? Make it a dream and change it back.

29. jay says:

So I am like you guys. Who is the moron who casted season 2. Why is the kid so old and the new older daughter sucks. Sorry tim, I don’t think so. You just lost me.

30. Doug and Lynn Cameron says:

WOW!!! Hard to fathom why they would sabatoge a great show like this. “Creative differences”? Really? Who was the ” creative genius” who decided to attempt this incredibly bad casting change? All they’ve ( it’s rarely one person who makes this kind of decision) accomplished is a stunningly obvious “creative suicide”.

They really should have tried a lot harder to figure out a solution to whatever caused this calamity. Miss Krosney was far more important than they gave her credit for and their new choice is like fitting a square peg in a round hole. I guess they never played with that very popular childs toy. Too bad, they would have known no matter how much you want it to fit it’s just not going to happen.

31. Kate says:

We removed this show from our DVR… Done with it and the sad thing is we really liked it…new Kristen is not believable or likable!! Huge mistake!!!

32. polite commenter says:

New sister sucks.. She has the appeal of a card board box. Bring back old one

33. Donna says:

The family does not mesh like they did before. I enjoyed the girls before the oldest was change.

34. Momsanto says:

I do not like Boyd’s new parents!!!! Get Boyd’s dad off the show and bring back the original Mandy!!! 😞

35. Day Venable says:

So i really don’t like the new sister she doesn’t fit. She can’t act and not pretty at all. Get rid of the baby’s dad he sucks…. change it back lv Tim Allen but will probably stop watching due to bad casting.

36. Jessica says:

I hate recasts! Totally don’t like the new oldest daughter! Also, when did the kid of the oldest daughter jump from age 2-3 to 5-6? Ugh. Don’t like the changes!!! AT ALL!!!

37. lindsay says:

last years season of last man standing was awesome sooo funny. this season not so great i dislike the new daughter and the baby daddy could care less about either of them. so disappointed miss last season already :(

38. Bda says:

I loved this show in season 1. I just watched episode 1 of season 2 however and deleted it from my DVR list. The new daughter was too different for me and not even close to what I liked from season 1. Did I miss something from season 1? I don’t remember the baby’s daddy being in the show much before, so why is he now? Didn’t really add anything for me, was just annoying. And the baby. Why couldn’t they just leave him in daycare or in another town with his dad. Very annoying. And why do tv show creators always try to push their political agendas? Which is ways liberal. That was the most annoying thing to me and probably at the top of my list for removing it from the DVR. It was like Newsroom, I watched the show and liked it when they said they were going to call out everything wrong with politicians but republicans seem to be the only ones who ever do anything on that show.

Anyway, just want to rant because I really liked this show last year. Oh well, as someone else said, on to the next show!

39. Tammy J says:

Sooooo disappointed when I watched the show. I had no idea of all the changes and it completely changed my view of the show. Have always loved Tim Allen but I’m afraid the show won’t last with all the changes. Such a bad decision.

40. toot says:

I don’t like new gir…l. I wont watch the show anymore til she is gone.why would you do that?

41. Having a political episode was a stupid move. Maybe it seemed like a good idea whenever they filmed it but so sick of hearing about the elections, didn’t need to see it on what used to be my favorite show. Especially while it pretended to be neutral but was so blatantly biased. And Hubby & I HATE the recasting. Could care less about the existence of Boyd’s dad – I liked him being a Jonas that we got to see once and never again. And I miss the old Boyd. But I could deal with them. Cannot deal with a new Alex!! It’s not just a different face, it’s a completely different character!

42. Steve Crosby says:

Well two things went wrong here.. the first was the politics in the episode…. Polarized the audience from the get go… the second was the recast… from a humor stand point this was not a very funny episode in general compared to several in the first season. By rooting the character so firmly into a political mold in her first outing you have set her expectations by the audience. now no matter what, if they don’t like Obama they will not like her. I will watch a few more episodes to see if it improves, one bad episode is no reason to abandon a show. I do agree that a showing of Politics that was this strong in a sit com is a BAD idea. I just hate reality TV so much this was a pretty good alternative for me.

43. Loz says:

Just started watching and I was like who the hell is this person? Then I come on here and find out its a recast for creative reason… what? I liked the other actress, thought she was good. This one so far seems a bit boring and lack of chemistry but it’s only the first ep in she might get better. Oh and the kid is now talking and stuff? He was a baby in the first season (barely seen)…sure grew up real fast.

44. linda pietro says:

Oh boy was I disappointed with the new daughter, ex husband and son. Also the blistering yellow color of the walls in the livingroom was a distraction. I absolutely loved the show last season. Looked forward to a new episode each week. I don’t think I will watch again. Bad choices .

45. Tim says:

Ahhhh… why did they recast? It is like waking up one morning and one family member is not who you thought. Also, her boyfriend who worked at the store was really funny. I will still watch because Tim Allen, Nancy Travis and the rest of the cast are great, but I was really looking forward to seeing them as a group again and I’ll admit to being a bit bummed out about it. Let’s watch for a few episodes and see if the new characters grow on us. Tim, no more Twilight Zone shifting characters stuff please, we rely on guys like you to keep things steady and solid.

46. jay says:

Very disapointed in the recast of last man standing especially the oldest daughter. The new one stinks.

47. Tim says:

Tim, we love you but what the heck are you thinking??? We watch this show because it is Outdoor Man…. not Politics Man, stick to the funny bits about hunting and fishing, that is why we watched season 1. The younger two daughters are cool and funny as usual but the older daughter, her babby daddy and son need to join the peace corps and move overseas… We are your fans, please listen. Make us laugh like you did in season 1, get off of the political soapbox

• Tim says:

ok, I am watching now and I am 12 minutes in…They are arguing about politics and it is just irritating me… it is not the same as season1… I am changing the channel, sorry Tim.

• Tim says:

Tim, you should listen to your fans on this page… I was a HUGE fan of season 1 and could not wait for season 2, now with the recast and the argumentative political theme, you lost me as a fan. I watched your show last year to chill out and relax and laugh… and this season 2 episode 1 just stressed me out, so I suggest you go back to the old theme. ;)

48. Stephen says:

Been waiting all off season for this show to come back on,and for them to mess the show up like this is VERY disappointing. I’m almost positive the ratings will go down. Liked the original family… sorry.

49. hoo says:

if they could not reconcile their diferances,why didnt the powers that be just pull a “Happy Days”?

on Happy Days they simply stopped writing for the part of older brother “Chuck”,and by the time everyone realized what had happened (what happened to Chuck,no more Chuck?)everyone was already over it

granted the part o Alex was a bit more significant having another character attatched to hers(Boyde) than the part of Chuck,but they both only had one season so no brain tumor needed

certainly alienating the entire fan base by bringing in this drastic change that totally obliterates the entire dynamic of the show was a moronic path

• brutony says:

It’s called “Chuck Cunningham syndrome”, and unless you remember “Happy Days’ or know about “Jumping the Shark” then u probably have no idea. Look it up, as we got more pressing issues on here than rehashing a topic most of us already know! Either this broad will get whacked, but most likely this show will NEVER see the light of day of a third season, anyways- IF it even finishes out the second!

50. Dave says:

yeah I hate when they replace people especially when you’re just starting to get into a show I didn’t care much for the oldest daughter either way an the middle and youngest daughter r the funnier of the 3 I watch it for Tim Allen and Hector Elizondo great actors!