Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: Alexandra Krosney Exits Last Man Standing, Role Recast

Get More: Fall TV Preview, News

Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing brood will look a little different in Season 2.

Alexandra Krosney, who played Kristin, the eldest daughter of Allen’s Mike and Nancy Travis’ Vanessa, has been let go from the show for creative reasons, TVLine has learned exclusively.

According to sources, the role will be recast.

UPDATE: Amanda Fuller (Grey’s Anatomy) has been cast as the new Kristin. Also, Jordan Masterson (Greek) has replaced Nick Jonas as Kristin’s babydaddy Ryan.

Last Man relocates to Fridays at 8/7c starting Nov. 2, where it will be paired with the new Reba McEntire sitcom Malibu Country.

Watch More TVLine Videos On Youtube!

Comments (394)

• They should keep the old Keisten!!

Comment by Glenda Osteen – November 2, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is a pic of the oldest daughter dumbass

Comment by You r a dumbass – November 2, 2012 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bad choice the original daughter was better!

Comment by Natalie Hawthorne Scott – November 2, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show but it is hard to get into with the casting change. It’s very rare for someone to get use to the change. Sooo disappointed!

Comment by Shawna – November 2, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching the first episode of season 2. Ick, a bratty little kid. It was so nice that he barely made 15 minutes’ worth of appearances in season 1, now he’s 3 years older and a detraction from the show. The “new Kristin” just doesn’t work, either.

Comment by Victoria – November 2, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watched the show. The new actress was horrible. She looks like she’s in her mid 30s. Wasn’t Boyd’s dad a Jonas brother? Who’s the new guy? And the son? They had to force them in the shots, it was too confusing. No chemistry between her and the rest of the cast either.

Comment by chal08 – November 2, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im watching it now and dont see myself watching anymore…its all just too different for me.

Comment by kylee – November 2, 2012 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, I really liked this show because it was the few family sitcoms you can find, and I genuinely really like Tim Allen, but recasting and age advancing is annoying. The fact is that a character really needs to be the same actor or actress or it just is silly on the surface…and the commenter above is right when the new actress seems like 35 years old. Age advancing basically means either the 1st or 2nd season was untrue in its referencing — which is it? Sink or swim with the actresses/actors and storyline you have. It’s like it’s a purposeful attempt to kill the show.

Oh, and “calling michigan for Obama” was silly too — what happens if Romney carries Michigan?

Stupid writing/decisions all around on what had a chance to be the only really traditional family sitcom on TV.

Comment by Mike – November 2, 2012 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Last ManStanding recasting is a big mistake. As we have seen in multiple other shows recasting for the same character never really works. Audiences don’t like change of that nature. Better to just write the character out of the show for some reason or other. Absence we can deal with but a new face for the same name is a little hard to swallow.

Comment by ivanhoe – November 4, 2012 01:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, Its kind of like Richie Cunninghams older brother Chuck.

Comment by Martin – November 4, 2012 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah, we kinda went through that topic of “Chuck Cunningham Syndrome” already!

Comment by brutony – November 4, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • THe Kristen is terrible They need to recast again

Comment by jami – November 17, 2012 07:29 PM PDT
          • Maybe she can be recast with Chuck Cunningham, lol! But seriously, she’s awful!

Comment by brutony – November 17, 2012 07:31 PM PDT
  • The new actress is AWFUL… So is the new BOYD and the guy who plays his dad… I loved the show last season, but it is just bad now! Will not continue to watch anymore. So sad that the higher ups felt the need to mess with something good… It is going to be the ultimate demise of the show. They should have just left it as it was!

Comment by taracino – November 2, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just finished watching the 1st episode, and I will no longer be watching LMS anymore either. I liked all the daughters the way they were, and can’t get into the new cast choices at all. Also didn’t like the comment about Obama getting Osama. He had nothing to do with his extermination.

Comment by Lord DeMoth – November 2, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, he is only the President, nothing at all to do with getting Osama you idiot.

Comment by Jonathan Wayne – November 2, 2012 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ooh touched a liberal nerve. I hate the “new” cast 16 trillion times more. It WAS funny before the change. Kinda like how I used to be happily employed before the CHANGE! The show now sucks!

Comment by Ronnie – November 3, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Firstly he did – He’s a president. And secondly it’s called a show, and the people on the show are characters. Some people in the real world think he did, some think he didn’t. Some think Mitt Romney was responsible for getting Osama. Characters are just that – they say things that people in the real world might believe.

Comment by Jade – November 3, 2012 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What’s truly sad is yet another good TV show has decided to impose their polical beliefs of the producers and cast into storyline. Whether you support obama or Romney, I don’t want to hear your lame arguments and twisted idealogy on a family commedy show. Once politics has been inserted, it’s too late, the show is dead.

Comment by Rog – November 3, 2012 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big fan of LMS, but the new actress playing the oldest was bad. I feeel like tje chemistry of the cast is gone.

Comment by crbock – November 2, 2012 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can take it or leave it. It’s a good enough show to kill time while I am on my iPad. It doesn’t need to much attention.

Comment by Kim – November 2, 2012 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just watched the first episode of the new season. Sooo very disappointed! The ”new” daughter does not work for me and neither does the ”older” Boyd. Not to mention the ”boyfriend” who was played Nick Jonas last season. They should’ve just had them get married and move their family off and had cameos. The show would be fine with the parents and the younger two daughters, who are hilarious!! What a letdown as I could not wait for season 2. :( *sigh* One less ”good” TV show on the air.

Comment by Jennifer – November 2, 2012 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring the old Kristen back!!!! :(

Comment by Jennifer – November 2, 2012 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved her I’m so sad, I hate the new one

Comment by Alicia – November 2, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last Man Standing has ” jumped the shark”.

Comment by RonZ – November 2, 2012 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am pissed they let her go, I don’t know if I want to watch anymore. I don’t like the new girl. I want Alex back.

Comment by Jonathan Wayne – November 2, 2012 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was thrown off right away. The whole dynamic is lost to me now. Thank God for Monk reruns. Best of luck Alex.

Comment by Heather – November 2, 2012 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t like the recast. I kept asking who she was,maybe the maid? She looks too old, and now the baby daddy is appearing. I think last season he was played by a Jonas brother. Disappointed. The show needs to RECAST the casting director.

Comment by Joy – November 2, 2012 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show, hate the recast!!!

Comment by mia – November 2, 2012 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do believe that the oldest daughter isn’t as good as the last, but, by comparing the two is what I’m going by. If they would have started with the new one who would really know?

Comment by Todd – November 2, 2012 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not at all happy with the recasting!! Not at all!!

Comment by Terri – November 2, 2012 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am incredibly disappointed with the recast. The new eldest daughter has me on edge. I seriously want to smack her so she starts acting like herself in season 1.

Comment by Christy – November 2, 2012 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just watched the new season premier. I hate the new daughter, she looks to old can’t act and doesn’t fit in. They completely changed her part to which sucks. I also hated her new son and baby daddy. They really didn’t think before they did this. Bring back Alexandra, give her what ever she wants!

Comment by Tiff – November 2, 2012 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love show, however I was shocked about the recasting. Why do the spoil a good show? The new girl in my opinion does not fit. Can u l
    Please reconsider? Bring back Alex.

Comment by Anna – November 2, 2012 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why did they recast the role of the eldest daughter, I liked the other one better she was the perfect package of smart and smartass. No chemistry between the new girl, bring back the other one, she was great., and Alexandra Krosney was funny, this other girl is uptight, too old looking, dont fix it if its not broken. She doesn’t even look like she belongs.

Comment by Dawn Heming Stanberry – November 2, 2012 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HATE ! HATE ! HATE! the new oldest daughter on Last Man Standing, may quit watching it now. The new actress is very annoying.

Comment by Bella – November 2, 2012 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree, Bella. Ever since the show first aired we have not missed an episode. Would record them and watch again. But now the show is ruined by the new characters. Amanda Fuller comes nowhere close to Alexandria. What a waste of a very very funny show.

Comment by Susan – November 3, 2012 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. I think this new actress is awful! I liked the old one much better. It’s just really weird without her. I like the show, but this really bugs me.

Comment by Betsy – November 9, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree – really liked the old Alex – don’t like the new one at all

Comment by Carole – November 3, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not fond of the recasts. I liked the show last season. I’ll have to see how it goes this season. I don think th chances are that great I will continue watching though. I liked Alexandra. Definitely not hard on the eyes

Comment by TK – November 2, 2012 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i just watched the new episode of Last Man Standing and as I disapointed. The new Daughter realy sucks. She isn’t pretty or even cute and she sees to be a real “B” now. ABC sure screwed this oe up. I don’t like the subject matter tonight either. we have been verwhlemed wiht election crap for the past few months and I watch TV to get away from this kind of stuff. Tim had better do something fast to revocer the style of the show tha the had last year. Boyd stinks now too. we don’t need a smart alec little kid running around. I also just watched that new hot flop by Reba. I like her alot but this show has stink all over it.

Comment by Rick – November 2, 2012 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that Tim wasn’t responsible for tonights show. I don’t know what the writers were thinking? The recast of the daughter was a huge mistake that had better be fixed soon. Of course now they have aged the son Boyd and it is hard to go back. It is too soon for him to have aged this much. it is like ABC is trying to kill the show instead of promoting it. I guess Tim’s conservative views are too much for ABC to handle.

Comment by rinohater63 – November 2, 2012 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the show before. Hate the recast! When the first Seen came on My wife thought maybe it was a lesbian cousin or something. I was totally blown away when I saw it was the oldest daughter. Not sure I can keep watching it. Every seen was funny except the ones she was in.

Comment by Richard – November 2, 2012 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lesbian cousin! Excellent! Ur wife sounds funny- hope she doesn’t look like this newbie! The previews seemed terrible, she doesn’t fit, and having her go “all lib” sure as hell doesn’t help this flop! Of course, I didn’t see the show, since I still don’t have power, but I’ll take everyones word on it- I’ve got more important problems!

Comment by brutony – November 3, 2012 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh look who’s a bigot. Looking at her you assume she’s a lesbian? And think something’s wrong with that?

Comment by Jade – November 3, 2012 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lesbian cousin, lol! Ur wifes funny, but I hope she doesn’t look like the newbie! I didn’t like this casting choice from the get-go, and from what I heard, this liberal slant of hers won’t fly with the fanbase of this show! Maybe we can vote her out of office like we will for her idol Obama Tues!

Comment by brutony – November 3, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate the new cast! Just got home at watched it on my tvo, I hated the new oldest and her baby daddy and the baby! I woke my wife up and she hated it too!!! Should have just left it alone. And fuller is not as cute or as good of a actress!

Comment by Hunter – November 2, 2012 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I did not like the new episode of Last Man Standing I missed the old Alex. Bring her back please. Why did they recast the role of the eldest daughter anyway. The show did not have the same flow to it as it did last year….and why did they make Boyd much older… the whole thing did not set well with me, I loved the show last year and could not wait for the premier, very disappointed…

Comment by Nancy – November 2, 2012 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree the new daughter SUCKS! She and her baby’s daddy can’t act and don’t fit in the family. I could probably handle the age growth of the grandson but changing the daughter was a mistake.

Comment by Margaret – November 2, 2012 11:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate amanda fuller as new daughter….may stop watching

Comment by keelydunning – November 2, 2012 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The REPLACMENT is horrible! She looks middle aged! And does not mesh at all with the rest of the family! Bring back Alex!

Comment by Julia – November 2, 2012 11:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big mistake, all the changes are ridiculous. Don’t think we will be watching anymore.

Comment by Jim – November 2, 2012 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree, the new actress is terrible and Alexandra should never have been replaced. All of the changes they’ve made to the show suck and the first episode of season two was bad, very bad.

Comment by Sam.the.Man.Iam – November 3, 2012 12:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. This new actress looks like she’s in her 30′s, doesnt have chemistry nor the “look” 2 even BELONG in this “family”. I also like the original “Boyd” cuz he was soo cute & expressive WITHOUT TALKING! (Why does a toddler need LINES anyway??) Very sad. This WAS a new show both my husband & I enjoyed. Bring back the original!!! Oh well. There’s always…um….uh…oh, “Two & a Half Men” Reruns WITH Charlie Sheen! :)

Comment by Ally – November 3, 2012 01:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What were they thinking replacing the oldest daughter on last man standing the old one was cute and made the the show worth watching this new girl is terrible and feels out of place I just watched my last episode.

Comment by James – November 3, 2012 01:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve watched every episode of “Last Man Standing.” Because the new Sony exec fired the old Kristin and ruined the brilliant comedic dead pan chemistry with “new blood,” I will say to that Sony phoney, suck-it! I’m gone!

Comment by cmaglaughlin – November 3, 2012 01:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they should replace/recast the older daughter with an inflatable doll of Alexandra Krosney. Especially one with all the robotic stuffs add on. Now that would be a laugh!

Comment by Jason W – November 3, 2012 02:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The replacement is worse than Bewitched’s Darren switch. The new girl, guy, and boy have to go. If you’re going to fire an actor, kill the character off like they do on House M.D. And the first episode back we have to deal with Obama/Romney played out jokes?!? Paired with Reba’s new shows, don’t get to attached, both these shows will be gone in 5 weeks (maybe 3).

Comment by David – November 3, 2012 02:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s worse than the fact the new daughter doesn’t fit in, she’s 28 in real life (who looks 35+) and she’s suppose to be 20-22 (since she had her child as a senior in high school and he’s only suppose to be 3 or 4). And the new father is 25 in real life (again looking much older). I thought the new actress was the mom’s friend when it first started.

Comment by David – November 3, 2012 03:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the show last year. Probably will quit watching now. Loved Alexandra Krosney, do not like the new actress. Definitely changed the whole show. Why do executives always have to ruin the good shows. Also why do they think they have to age the children so quickly.

Comment by terri – November 3, 2012 04:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring back the old Mandy she was perfect I hope u have not ruined my favorite show also the first episode sucked come on Tim don’t let them blow this show you know what works also the new Reba knocked you for a loop on first episode which I love Reba anyway but thought this was going to be a knockout Friday night TV Shows please fix fast or I Guarantee it will not be renewed for another season

Comment by Mike Brandenburg – November 3, 2012 04:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i just watch my last episode of last man standing, it was tivo’d thats why the delay in the comment. although Alex was a small role, it turns out she was a glue in the cast. sorry Tim, but i guess the creative guys “weren’t”

Comment by Liz Greene – November 3, 2012 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the new girl reminds me of Carly Rae Jepsen..I almost punched my monitor. Watched the first 3 minutes then gave up..just horrible!

Comment by hookey – November 3, 2012 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, that is a pic of the eldest daughter.

Comment by Glen Zelinsky – November 3, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With much anticipation my wife and I waited for the return of
    Last man standing, and within 5 minutes it was evident that the show had a dissapointingly different feel to it. First of all the re-casting totally failed, the humour was non-existent and was turned into a political arena, shame on whoever dreamed up this concept. There is an old saying “if it isn’t broke don’t fix it”, maybe the creative differences with Alexandra Krosney were waranted. I feel sorry that Reba will not have a strong lead in, shame on the producers for letting a very good show go to waste.

Comment by John Gignac – November 3, 2012 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, Last man standing was a show that my wife and I loved last year. Tim Allen and the cast last year were great. Not so much this year. I too thought it was in poor taste to infuse politics into the show, so close to the election. Hmmmm, probably just an oversite on the producers side. We won’t be watching this show anymore. Pity, it was funny last year.

Comment by Rog – November 3, 2012 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post