True Blood Season Premiere Recap: Were You Shocked By the Big Twist?!

Get More: Commentary, Recaps, Spoilers

True Blood Season 5 PremiereThose of you who haven’t already seen the season premiere of True Blood will probably want to heed this ginormous SPOILER ALERT! warning and put off reading this recap until you have. The rest of you, fangs out and dive in!

The fifth season of True Blood didn’t just hit the ground running, it hit the ground sprinting. Seriously, in the first 60 minutes of HBO’s monster smash, so much happened, so quickly, that a scorecard wouldn’t just have been helpful, it should have been mandatory. Luckily, a scorecard is exactly what this recap is. Let’s start with the biggest twist:

RELATED | Rutina Wesley on The Premiere’s Big Tara Twist

Tara Gets Her Vamp On | Picking up where last season’s finale left off, Sookie was trying to keep her BFF’s blown-out brains from oozing out of her head when Pam popped in to offer an apology to Eric, who was off cleaning up a mess of his own (more on that later). Seizing the opportunity to save her gal pal, Sookie tells the vamp that she’ll owe her one — a powerful half-fairy “one,” even — if she turns Tara. With about as much enthusiasm as you’d expect from Pam, she complies, even going so far as to don a “Walmart sweatsuit” to spend the night with her progeny in a shallow grave. The next evening, though at first it appears Tara isn’t going to rise, much less rise and shine, she eventually does. Unfortunately, she seems about as thrilled by her new lease on life as the Slayer was when she was yanked out of heaven in Buffy’s sixth season.

Twisted Sister | After Eric further cements his status as every woman’s dream man by tidying up after Nan’s murder — at light speed, no less! — he and Bill are captured by the Authority. Once they’ve escaped — did anyone think they wouldn’t? — it’s revealed that one of their captors is none other than Eric’s “sister,” Nora, another Godric progeny, this one with a Kate Beckinsale accent, a hoity-toity position within the Authority and a fondness for boning her brother. She’s all but done setting up the unlikely tag team with new identities — Eric’s is the oh-so-sexy Ike Applebaum! — when the lot of them are captured by the Authority!

RELATED | True Blood Scoop: Tina Majorino Cast as [Spoiler]

A Hairy Situation | In the wake of Marcus’ demise, Sam is so determined to protect not only Luna and Emma but also Alcide — who, you’ll recall, actually put the wolfman in the pet cemetery — that he “confesses” to the killing. Just when it’s looking like Marcus’ mother, Martha (try saying that three times fast!), is going to make a Scooby snack of Sam, Alcide arrives and bravely sets the record straight.

Look Who’s Stalking | No sooner has Reverend Steve promised not to glamour Jason than that’s exactly what he’s done, so that he can drape a red, white and blue afghan over the naked hunk and confess without being interrupted that he’s a) sorry he got “all murderous and whatnot,” b) “a gay vampire-American,” and c) in love with him. Rebuffed, the newly-minted blood-sucker appears ready to force the issue when in comes Jessica, in her favorite Red Riding Ho get-up to save the day… but, she eventually makes it clear to Jason, not in a boyfriend/girlfriend kinda way.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: True Blood Season 5 Spoilers

In Passing | Alcide alerts Sookie to Russell’s return; Jesus’ body goes missing; Andy and Holly get caught in bed by her teenage sons, Wade and Rocky; Andy agrees to fix a speeding ticket for sleazy Judge Clements; Patrick reveals to Terry that mysterious fires have been claiming the lives of their fellow Iraq veterans; and what looks like a possible suicide attempt by Lafayette… turns out just to be a makeover: He doesn’t take a razor to his wrists, he uses it to shave his head.

So what did you think of the season premiere? Have you caught your breath yet? Were you surprised that Tara was turned into a vampire? Relieved? Disappointed? Vote in our poll and then sound off in the comments!

Tags:

Comments (90)

• this show is horrible nowadays. stop trying to make us think it’s any better.

Comment by Sandy – June 10, 2012 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you’re opinion is worthless nowadays. Stop giving it!

Comment by steve – June 10, 2012 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • YOUR* grammar is worthless nowadays, so you should stop giving opinions on other people’s opinions.

Comment by Joan – June 10, 2012 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Your opinion of that persons opinion of the original poster’s opinion is worthless. opinion-ception.

Comment by Brian – June 10, 2012 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Noooo!!! Too many levels!!!

Comment by dream troll – June 10, 2012 10:30 PM PDT
    • Don’t watch if you think is so horrible, I’m sure nobody is holding a gun to your head.

Comment by lily – June 10, 2012 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I still watch, although there are aspects I don’t like. Heaven forbid a character I DON’T like get killed off, yet the ones I love DO get the axe. Tara’s a pain in the butt, and my oh my how quick Eric was to dismiss Sookie :( Gay Steve is great!!!!

Comment by lorna – June 10, 2012 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You do realize that if you don’t like a TV show, you don’t have to watch it, right? And even more important, if you don’t like it, you don;t have to spend your time blogging about it, right?

Comment by Temperence – June 11, 2012 01:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So long as Jessica’s on it, and especially running around in that Little Red Riding Hood outfit… I’m going to keep watching.

Comment by Matt – June 11, 2012 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t say I was surprised Tara was turned by Pam as I called that one weeks before Tara even got shot.

Comment by westwingwolf – June 10, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think there is anyone out there who watches this show that didn’t call this immediately after the season finale last year…. ;)

Comment by Dark Defender – June 10, 2012 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big twist? There wasn’t a single part of the episode that surprised me, and I’m really sad to see a show I once loved keep getting worse.

Comment by Jessica – June 10, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was just disappointed that they brought her back, even if it was obvious. I actually jumped up and cheered when she got shot in the face last season. I’m SO over Tara’s character. She’s not a good friend to anyone she’s in contact with. She’s a whiny ball of angst with no purpose on the show, just pinballing around until the next time she can get in trouble, for Sookie to come to her unappreciative rescue.

Comment by Matt – June 11, 2012 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show still but there are so many plotlines/characters that it sometimes is hard to keep up with all of them at once. I think the previously on.. part of the episode took up at least 5 minutes.

Comment by tvaddict – June 10, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The season premiere recaps usually are a bit longet. If this show has too many characters/plot lines for you, stay away from Game of Thrones! I like most of the stories going on right now. Not really any surprises this episode, but I’m interested in where this season is going to take us.

Comment by Matt – June 10, 2012 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I will keep that in mind. I will say I am enjoying the subplots going on now a lot more than say the ones from season 3-anything to do with Crystal, the were-panthers, Sam’s trashy family, etc were terrible. Glad those are over and it seems like season 5 will be amazing. I know some people didn’t like last season but I enjoyed it A LOT more than season 3

Comment by tvaddict – June 10, 2012 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hated Crystal and her family. But not as much as I hated Mary Ann in s2.

Comment by lorna – June 10, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You are so right. That whole in-bred/meth-head story arc was so awful. I was so happy to see the end of Crystal and all her littermates.

Comment by TheBeach – June 10, 2012 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • the thing with GoT though is that all the plot lines revolve around a central theme – the recapture of the iron throne. in TB, the plot lines are often disjointed because they haven’t killed off characters that are past their prime. the terry plot line, in particular, feels a bit out of place (i’m hoping they prove me wrong by the end).

Comment by J2 – June 11, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The thing with True Blood is… it’s not completely bad, it’s just boring. Just “meh”. It has good moments and it has TERRIBLE moments, but most of the time it’s just not worth watching. Season 1 was good, season 2 was good because they went batsh**t crazy and fun and from that point on it went all downhill.

Having said that, I watched the season premiere just because I didn’t have anything better to do and it wasn’t half as bad as I expected it to be. It was still ridiculous (even for a vampire show), the writing and acting weren’t good at all but… I was entertained in a weird way.

As I usually don’t have anything better to watch on sunday nights now that GoT is over, I think I’ll try and give it another shot.

Comment by Gus – June 10, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m done with this show. I said if Tara wasn’t really dead I would be done, and there was nothing in this episode to keep me interested. Can’t wait for GoT to come back!

Comment by Rose – June 10, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was a pretty good episode. At least Tara won’t be herself as vampire so that should spice things up a bit. Eric is back to his old self I see lol he wasted no time in having sex and the Pam scenes were awesome!

Comment by S – June 10, 2012 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • um….no. Will pass on this season.

Comment by Megan – June 10, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The video game scene made me feel sorry for the actors but I liked the rest of it.

Comment by Joanna – June 10, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved it! One of my all time favs. Doesn’t bear any resemblance to the books anymore, but that is okay. I cannot WAIT to see what happens with Jessica and Rev Steve.

Not sure I am going to care about Terry’s storyline, but I will withhold judgment.

Comment by Bee – June 10, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If it was as boring as some of the people above seem to claim, then it’s actually gotten QUITE like the books… started out exciting, sexy and intriguing, and became a mess of non-progressing plots, a meandering nothingness of a story. (Sorry. The last 3 books have been horrendous.)

Comment by Matt – June 11, 2012 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The episode was ok a lot better than last years opening episode in fairy land wtf was that. I like true blood I’ll keep watching. I liked the new girl her accent is hot, ecxited to see Chris Meloni and Peter Mensah ( yay Onameous) and Alcide’s growl oh my I could listen to that all night.

Comment by Patricia – June 10, 2012 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love True Blood but this season so far feels very corny & forced. I am not on the I hate Tara boat so I am happy that she is alive and a vampire but the start of the show was so predictable, we knew tara was going to live & we knew Pam would be the maker and the way all actors acted tonight was just aweful its like they forgot to act. Sam was boring, Bill/Eric was boring. Sookie & Lafayette was somewhat boring Lafayette was the only one who kind of made thier story work. jessica & Jason were boring as well. I’m sorry I love True Blood but this episode was a waste of time.

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – June 10, 2012 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Screw all you people.. I loved that premiere. Can’t wait to see what’s ahead!

Comment by Disastrous – June 10, 2012 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope Eric and Bill aren’t awY from b

Comment by Brenna – June 10, 2012 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thought it was a great episode. Really enjoyed this show from the beginning and even though parts of the last two seasons have fallen flat all in all the story is action packed week to week that when it ends i don’t even know what hit me. its like a concussion until the next week. good or bad it keeps me coming back for more. keep it up!

Comment by jonathon – June 10, 2012 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dumb phone….like I was saying I really hope Eric and Bill aren’t way too long from Bon temps. Not liking Nora at all and yes too many things happening.

Comment by Brenna – June 10, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF do you even watch the show for if all you’re going to do is hate on it? Tara has been here since Season 1 so if you hated her then how did you even last this long?

Comment by S – June 10, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because she’s not the main part of the show. There are other parts we like. DUH.

Comment by lorna – June 10, 2012 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was decent, definitely a step above the fairy-land b.s. of last year’s season opener. As everyone has already commented on, Tara getting turned was a complete non-surprise. And as usual, Pam and Jason(my two personal faves) get the best dialogue.

Comment by ChrisGa – June 10, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I liked Nora and actually I happen to love all of Eric’s family! They are great and his line tonight about being champions was great!

Comment by S – June 10, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season 5 is off to such a great start. Now, bring on Chris Keller, I mean, Christopher Meloni!

Comment by NYCer4Life – June 10, 2012 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely loved the premiere. I loved Alcide’s growl. Tara as a vampire, Yum! Can’t wait for next week.

Comment by keeshia – June 10, 2012 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ha, I love when people talk about how a season is going based on one ep. The first ep is always a bit ambitious. What I am a little surprised about is that anyone is surprised. How did they think Tara was coming back for the season after having her head shot off? I think she is the worst and now will be worse than ever. Everything else was fine by me.

Comment by kat – June 10, 2012 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I did not like the episode at all. For one, it was BORING. Nothing really happened. It just felt like a really long continuation of the season 3 finale. There were too many uninteresting subplots that don’t really seem to connect to a larger story or theme for the season. And Eric doesn’t care about Sookie? Let’s be true to characters here…It’s too bad they didn’t keep the show more like seasons 1 and 2. I think it’s time they return to the source material again, especially if they don’t seem to know what to do with the show. But yeah, I don’t want an entire season of one arc with Andy being a dirty cop, one arc with Jason trying to be with Jessica, one arc with Terry’s backstory, one arc with an angry psychotic werewolf pack, one arc with a missing Jesus (really?), one arc with Tara running around killing people, etc…The main story should focus on The Vampire Authority and all the other subplots should connect to that.

Comment by AT – June 10, 2012 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I, also, think the show would be a lot stronger if they ditched some of the sub-plots (vampire reverend, Terry and his marine buddy) and concentrated more on the main characters.

Comment by TheBeach – June 10, 2012 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If I could drop only one extra plotline it would be Andy and his whatever. Reverend and Foley are fighting hard for that top spot though.

Comment by key master – June 10, 2012 10:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i think vampire reverend is going to end up being russell’s new love interest, so he’ll eventually serve a bigger purpose. not really seeing the promise in terry’s story line, though. i think that they could drop.

Comment by J2 – June 11, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree – I felt like I was watching a series of trailers, rather than a coherent episode of a show. Too many subplots that don’t tie into anything else.

Comment by mercedes – June 11, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think when they write the show, they get too caught up in loving the supporting cast’s performances, and rather than leave them as supporting cast, full of flavor and fun, they write more and more for them, until they’re overexposed and completely different than the character we liked in the first place.

Sometimes, characters should just be kept in the background, ready to make an appearance to ground the main characters’ world.

Comment by Matt – June 11, 2012 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved it, one of the best season openers and light yrs better than what we got for season 4. Lovin Nora and Eric together and Steve confessing his love cracked me up. I don’t care for Terry’s storyline or Andy and Holly. Other than that can’t wait for more.

Comment by Isabelle – June 10, 2012 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One week and I’m already lamenting that we have no more Game of Thr

Comment by Zuul – June 10, 2012 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ills?
      ush?
      oats?
      eesomes?
      alls?

don’t leave me hanging Zuul!

Comment by key master – June 10, 2012 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL! Best comment I’ve read! Thanks, key master, for the laugh. :)

Comment by Snarkland – June 11, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i can’t hardly wait for next sunday, what would Tara say when she finds out who’s her maker.. omg that whole relationship Tara-Pam i want to see that. All in all for me it was and excellent episode to open the season. :0

Comment by Miriam Diaz – June 10, 2012 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t believe Eric is truly over Sookie just because he had sex with someone or cause he wouldn’t go help her. Why should he go help her anyway? I’m sure he could feel she wasn’t actually hurt or in real danger so why should he clean up her mess? I mean after all she dumped him only moments ago and he has a right to be angry about it. I don’t believe he’d let anything actually happen to her. Unless of course the writers change it to where he hates her ..lol

Comment by S – June 10, 2012 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tara is ****ing horrible. They should’ve just let her die. Ugh.

Comment by Barry – June 10, 2012 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Her getting shot in the head was the best part of the entire show.

Comment by Matt – June 11, 2012 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Russel Edgington is my favorite character of the entire series not named Pam or Eric.

Comment by TheBeach – June 10, 2012 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I doubt Eric is over Sookie, he doesn’t handle rejection well and I think that’s what we saw. One another note I’m excited about Nora, her and Eric have a big past and its so good to see Eric with someone else instead of pining for Sookie when she has so many love interests. He shouldn’t be dommed with one, there’s enough Eric to go around and I love in the first epi of the season we got naked Eric ;)

Comment by Isabelle – June 10, 2012 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episode was alright. There was just too much going on. Starting with the subplots. The Holly /Andy storyline. Not really interested in that but their one scene together was pretty amusing and partially creepy with her kids sitting there staring and “whatnot.” The Terry storyline. Not interested. Even though Arlene cracks me up, I really just don’t see how that storyline will tie into the rest. The Newlin storyline. Not sure yet. It depends on where they take his character. If he’s pining away for Jason all season, not interested. I can’t really see where Jessica’s story is heading. Tara wasn’t a surprise but the Pam / Tara storyline should actually be pretty good because they couldn’t stand each other when Tara was alive and now Tara is Pam’s child. That should be a really interesting story. Especially when Eric finds out. (Ha! He’s a granddad! Ha!) This Authority storyline, if given the bulk of the hour allotted for the show should be interesting. Lots of new characters and potentially interesting story lines. Alan Ball and the writers have had issues balances multiple story lines in the past, so hopefully this season, they put more time behind what should be their main plot points in this order.
    1. The Authority
    2. Tara, Pam, Eric, Bill
    3. Lafayette and Sookie
    4. Alcide and his new pack
    5. Sam and Luna
    6. Jason/Jessica/ Hoyt
    7. Newlin
    8. Holly and Andy
    9. Terry and Arlene

P.s. I didn’t forget Russell Edgington. I don’t think he actually appears until later in the season, but when he does. He’s up there with The Authority on my list. I hope this season doesn’t disappoint :-)

Comment by yanez – June 10, 2012 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i’m hoping newlin becomes the new love interest for russell. and i’m actually a little more interested in jason/jessica/hoyt than i am alcide or sam/luna. i don’t know why, but i’m just kind of over the werewolves. they haven’t been exciting to me since season 3 ended.

Comment by J2 – June 11, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I did read somewhere that Russell falls in love again. I wonder if his love interest in Newlin? That actually would be better than alcide and the werewolves. Huh! Can’t wait to find out if that’s where they’ll take his story.

Comment by yanez – June 11, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Debrah Ann Woll is too sexy for words.That outfit gives wood a new definition XD

Comment by Shaun – June 10, 2012 11:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Off to a running start for this season.Thought this episode was full of all kinds of twists and turns that could lead to great story lines.I think Tara is going to b really upset as much as she likes vampires.Looking forward to more!

Comment by Micki jessen – June 11, 2012 12:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t find any plot points to be particularly twisty. A real plot twist would have been if they’d killed off Tara after assuring us for the last several months that she’d still be part of the show this season. An appearance as a corpse counts as being on the show, doesn’t it?

Comment by Ben – June 11, 2012 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What was the big twist? Because twist implies a surprise. Was there any part of this episode that was a surprise to anyone? Was the twist that Alcide, a werewolf with super senses couldn’t smell the bloody tooth in Sookie’s kitchen? Then yes, I was shocked by that twist

Comment by Macksfisher – June 11, 2012 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He did mention her kitchen smelled super clean,lol

Comment by Shaun – June 11, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really didn’t see a plot twist.
    I called Tara being turned when she was shot, since at least one website posted that Rutina Wesley was already signed on for S5.
    and gay vampire steve? THe whole first season or so used vampirism as a metaphor for gay rights, and there is a running theme in literature/tv/film that the closet cases are the most homophobic.
    As far as Eric’s “sibling love” well… Sookie did tell the two to shove it.
    the biggest surprise for me was that Jesus wasn’t where he was supposed to be.

Comment by Moon – June 11, 2012 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “the biggest surprise for me was that Jesus wasn’t where he was supposed to be.”

Hmm, you know the last time that happened, it spawned a whole new religion….Wonder what it means this time?

Comment by Olivia – June 11, 2012 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *While any excuse to see Eric with his clothes off is a good one, I’m not in love with him boning his “sister”, especially so soon after being all in love with Sookie. That smells a bit much like over-reactionary immaturity to me.
    *Also, why do we have to worship the vampire political crap this season?
    *I loved how Alcide noticed the (possibly overwhelming to his wolfie nose?) scents of “lemon, ammonia and bleach” in Sookie’s kitchen…maybe that’s why his superb wolfie nose didn’t detect THE TOOTH ON THE FLOOR? Ugh. Good of Alcide to man-up and save Sam, though, once he found out about it. I sense (ha ha) Al’s character is going to really grow this season (grow into a wolf rather often, that is).
    *I don’t trust “sister” Nora. There…it had to be said.
    *I could not care less about anything connected to Andy and/or Holly.
    *Jessica seems to be turning into Uber-Skank.
    *Rev. Steve…bla bla bla…
    *Jason…bla bla bla…
    *Hoyt…bla bla bla…
    *There are just WAY too many sub-plots already en force this season, and NONE of them are worth taking screen time away from the supposedly MAJOR plots and characters.
    *Pam just needs to get over her jealousy of Sookie and get a “life” of her own.

Comment by Meridian – June 11, 2012 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • …just wanted to add that I don’t think Tara can be feral, hating-on-Sookie forever or the show won’t ever get to play the annoying “down-home music while showing the besties hangin’ at grammaw’s house” crap again.

Can’t wait to hear Russell’s laugh again, too!

Comment by Meridian – June 11, 2012 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed the season premiere but it’s just so far off of the source material that I don’t know why they even say any season is based on whatever book. They shouldn’t even say loosely based, at this point. A lot of the story lines are fun to watch but I agree with most about there just being too much going on most of the time.

One of the things I miss most from the books is Pam, her character is great on the show & in the books but not very similar at all.

Jessica rebelling like a college kid, sowing her wild oats, etc, I’m fine with, especially if it gives Jason room to mature some more and have some sort of character change.

Eric is my favorite character but I was unimpressed with ‘sister’ Nora so far. I’m hopeful that the whole Vampire Authority thing is more engaging. Eric cleaning while Bill was on the phone amused me.

All in all, I enjoy True Blood so I’m still on board. Maybe the episodes will get less convoluted unlike season 4…

Comment by FragglesRock – June 11, 2012 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why doesn’t Sam shift into a grizzly bear and rip the wolves to shreds?

Comment by BrianR – June 11, 2012 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After how terrible the books have become, I was so excited for this premiere. I wish they would have done something more interesting and less expected with Tara, but I can’t complain too much because the exchange with Pam about turning her was gold.

Comment by r0ckmypants – June 11, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • expected, yes, but i feel like there’s huge potential with her being turned into a vamp. not only is she turned into the one thing she despises most, but it was thanks to her closest friend and family. there’s also the relationship with her new “mother” pam, who kicked the s* out of her when her face started to decompose. and i heard tara’s actual mother is back for at least a couple of episodes this season.

Comment by J2 – June 11, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It seems like most of the True Blood seasons begin like this [a little boring], but they’re more like segue ways between the twists from last season’s finale and the rest of the new. If they give a lot of time to the Authority/Russell Edgington arc, I reckon this season’s gonna amazing.

As for Tara, her character’s been getting stale over the last few seasons – anger, bitterness, anger, bitterness, anger, bitterness, anger, bitterness and so on…

But does anybody else think that she might’ve lost her memory ’cause she was shot in the head and all – she didn’t seem to recognize sookie at all, and her rising was pretty violent compared to Jessica’s (even though sookie’s supposed to smell good or whatever)… that would certainly make the arc more interesting…

Btw, can anyone figure out what Eric is saying, right after Bill runs off to help sookie when he hears the gunshot??

Comment by Christina – June 11, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Eric says “They’re already here..” meaning he sensed the Authority outside.

Comment by Dark Defender – June 11, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved it. Good story telling all the way around. But I am dyeing to know who is feeding Russel..Any one got a hint?

Comment by heu – June 11, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Fabricio – June 11, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great a pissed of Tara as a vamp. Turned to the thing she hates the most. Oh boy.

Comment by Mikaela – June 11, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AMAZING premiere! Hands down, my favorite episode of True Blood yet! I especially loved all the Jason fan-service. It’s about time he got hit on by a gay vamp!

Comment by Kyle – June 11, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agree with everyone complaining about sub-plots. Sam and his girlfriend (I care so little about her I don’t even know her name); Terry and his Army buddy (this storyline could have potential); Andy and Holly (No Thanks)!! Kinda over the werewolf thing too.

Comment by Spikenalabama – June 11, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Except for the Sex scene with Eric, it was pretty boring. And the show seems to have no lingering love story or anything interesting moving forward. No love triangle, no interesting characters, no nothing. The way Erick and Bill seemed to get over Snookie? Stupid

Comment by ashley19 – June 11, 2012 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Uh.. It’s Sookie, not Snookie. This is not Jersey Shore, k? Thanks. It’s also Eric, not Erick. If you want a love triangle love story go watch something on the CW.

Comment by CS07 – June 11, 2012 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People/haters let me introduce you to something that most of you probably cannot comprehend. It’s the remote control, usually there is a button called channel and one called power. The first one magically changes the channel, yes I know how amazing. The second turns the power off to either your cable box, DVR or TV..Yes I know….how exciting..I think you should practice a lot with these especially Sundays nights.

Comment by Kate – June 11, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *clapping*
      Thank you Kate!! I love True Blood and I couldnt have been more satisfied about the premiere until I read through all of the pathetic posts from these True Blood Bashers! As for the people that don’t like Rutinas character, to put it frankly, you can just stop tuning in because what you select few don’t like obviously has no influence on the outcome of the show. So stop pissing off legit fans just because your life is boring and you have nothing better to do with your time. Go spread your dread somewhere else. I have to point out that I can’t find common sense in going through all the trouble to log onto a site for a show that you swear is only watchable because nothing else was going on, just to talk negative…..True Blood is here to stay. You don’t like it then u can Bite Me!

Until next Sunday!

Comment by Nicky – June 11, 2012 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • if you dont want to read the comments dont. people have every right to voice their opinions when a show lets them down. and btw, its the internet. its full of people who like to get their “hate” on.

Comment by tigersmurfette – June 12, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I wish I would’ve known before I skimmed through some of those comments, but unfortunately there wasn’t anything where i could um…you know, select info to get a description of what was posted here….like a Cable Guide. But anyway I came on here to check out the people who had the same show interests…but I’m totally not in the right place.

Peace.

Comment by Nicky – June 12, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Maid Marian turned out to be a pretty sexy vampire….

Comment by Alex – June 11, 2012 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post