What to Watch Friday: Classic Community Chaos, a Legal Conundrum and More

On TV this Friday: A Community classic that will make you “die” laughing, Fairly Legal election drama, OWN gets fired up and more. Here are nine programs you may want to check out.

8:30 pm Community (NBC) | A Repeat to Revisit: Troy and Abed’s apartment-warming party splits down multiple paths in “Remedial Chaos Theory.”

8:30 pm Jessie (Disney) | My sons caught this new episode On Demand and said to include it in What to Watch (even ranking it higher than tonight’s Phineas and Ferb!): “Emma and Zuri plan a romantic, mystery-filled date for Jessie and Tony, while Ravi, Luke and Bertram get stuck in a giant teacup on a billboard.” A giant teacup, folks.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: Your Guide to What Will Be on When, and Versus What

9 pm Fairly Legal (USA Network) | In a bid to woo Kate, Justin introduces her to a Brazilian singer and activist — a smooth move that just may cost him his election.

9 pm Lives on Fire (OWN) | This new docu-series follows four female firefighters in California’s Riverside County.

9 pm Whale Wars (Animal Planet) | The crew of the Steve Irwin spot what they think is the Japanese whaler’s ship; the Bridgitte Bardot prepares to abandon ship after being struck by a wave.

RELATED | Hot for Summer: Our Calendar of More Than 100 Premiere and Finale Dates!

10 pm Common Law (USA Network) | The return of Travis’ ex-partner causes a rift between the guys after they are placed on a task force with the Beverly Hills Police Department. Someone is so gonna fall for the banana-in-the-tailpipe, I can just tell. Mark Moses (Desperate Housewives, The Killing) guest-stars.

10 pm 21st Century Sex Slaves (NatGeo) | A look at Thailand’s “sex tourism” industry, where the demand is high and the market is massive.

10 pm Comedy Bang! Bang! (IFC) | This new series, hosted by Scott Aukerman, (co-creator of Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis), boasts character cameos, sketches and “nonstop comedic absurdity” featuring the likes of Galifianakis, Seth Rogen, Elizabeth Banks and (well, of course) Jon Hamm.

10:30 pm Bunk (IFC) | Premiere: This new breed of “comedy game show” finds a trio of comedians competing in a series of bizarre challenges to win outlandish prizes — which may or may not include stacking beds?

1. Ella says:

I really hope Kate and Justin end up together on Fairly Legal! I really dislike her with Ben, not to mention he has way more chemistry with Lauren.

• tp says:

Ben is the reason I don’t watch Fairly Legal anymore.

• Tonya Bray says:

Ditto

• qeee says:

I can’t stand Ben. Only saw the first episode of this season and decided not to continue. I loved it in S1.

• Suz says:

Agreed.

• Kira says:

You should have kept watching. Ben has definitely proven there’s more to him than what you initially see. He’s suprisingly sweet underneath that asshat exterior. Plus there have been some great scenes between him and Leo. I say give it another shot.

• n says:

I cover my eyes whenever Ben gets within 10 feet of Kate. No chemistry whatsoever. Those two together are like a bad blind date. The combination of the character’s personality and the casting just don’t work for me. Someone like Kate simply wouldn’t be attracted to him, and forcing the issue produces scenes I find nauseating to watch.

• Caro says:

I agree on the fact that I do NOT want Ben and Kate as a couple but hope that Kate will realize what a great guy Justin is! I cannot understand why she wouldn’t try the better relationship after trying it while she was married! She chose him before and now they want to do better so there’s a lot to gain! Lots of love and commitment. I do not understand why she would opt for a relationship with Ben! I think it’s a shame the writers are pushing for a Ben/Kate romance. It seems writers can’t come up with something else! Just love triangles and confusion. Kate should grow up, reconnect to Justin and the writers should write amazing stories for them. There are enough possibilities for a mediator married to the ADA, today’s epi again proved that.

Ben should just hook up with random girls or whatever, hire guest stars as possible flings, and for Lauren they should explore this Robin Archer character! Great that Lauren held her ground and kept her self esteem. Which might be exactly the kind of challenge mr Archer needs!

But again: NO BEN/KATE but TEAM JUSTIN/KATE!!!

2. Leah says:

I’ve been waiting for some Community repeats Even though I’ve already seen it, it will be better than any other summer programing.

3. Lorie says:

Common Law is really growing on me.

4. Megan says:

I totally love that your sons’ top pick made it on the list. I grew up watching Disney Channel so I’ve always had a soft spot for multi-talented child stars and extreme over-acting! Also, that episode of Community might just rank in my top 10 fave episodes of all of TV ever. Its still saved on my DVR.

5. I love Fairly Legal,hope USA gives it a season 3 with a better time slot and a strong lead in.

6. Nerdista says:

I *love* Ben! He’s made Justin seem incredibly boring.

• Kira says:

Agreed!!

• Vale says:

Agreed!

• Jenna says:

Ben is THE reason I’m addicted to Fairly Legal! He is great and he and Kate light up the screen! I love that he has so many layers and has grown so much and shown so many sides since the first ep. Ben and Kate are my favorite TV couple! Anyone who thinks she should pick Justin at this point obviously has not been watching the show. It was become VERY clear in the last few episodes where her heart truly lies. And the LAST scene in Friday’s episode where she is sad at Justin’s…and she and Ben are listening to the same song…swoon! Killer show. SEASON 3 PLEASE!!!

7. Bob says:

Community’s “Remedial Chaos Theory” is a classic. Can’t wait to see the felt beard’s in the evil timeline :)

8. Peter says:

Can we please stop pushing Whale Wars and let it die?

9. xwiseguyx says:

Why do you people get such a woody when Community is mentioned… It’s the worst show ever put on TV.. since Scrubs anyways.

10. Babygate says:

I really enjoyed Fairly Legal in Season 1 and was looking forward to S2, but then they introduced this Ben character and I just couldn’t…I couldn’t tune back in after the first episode. Seeing him and Kate together makes me cringe. There’s just something creepy about him. Like he can’t be trusted. If they ever get rid of Ben, Fairly Legal will have me back as a fan…

11. Justin says:

Fairly Legal and Common Law are on my must watch list tonight.

12. TV Gord says:

Remedial Chaos Theory is my all-time favorite episode of Community, and I’m psyched to see it again (even though I still have it recorded)! There’s a very cool YouTube video of the episode’s seven timelines shown simultaneously, so you can essentially watch the entire episode in two minutes and 46 seconds. It’s a hoot!

• Angela says:

Ooh, really? Thanks, I may have to check that out, then :).
      “Remedial Chaos Theory” is one of my all-time favorite episodes of the show. Will definitely watch that one tonight.

13. Maggie says:

My favorite Community episode airs tonight!

14. Mary says:

I can’t believe I’m pointing this out but on Jessie I think you meant Ravi, Luke, and Bertram.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Indeed. The Disney press site had it wrong (subbing actor name for character’s). Bad mouse!

15. Sarah says:

I actually like Fairly Legal better this season than I did the first season. I honestly think it is because of the “Ben” character. Despite what everyone on here has said about disliking him, the people who have commented that he makes Justin look boring would be correct. Not only that but the wayt he show is making it seem, I would bet the person Justin slept with was Lauren.
    Why do I like Ben? Because they say love makes you a better person, right? Ben was obnoxious and arrogant at first. With each show he is changing…for Kate. And Kate, when she is with Ben, she is stronger and fights with her eyes and heart wide open not just like a little kid eyes squeezed shut, swinging away hoping to score a hit. They are starting to make each other better.
    if Justin and Kate worked, they would have already have worked…they are beautiful together don’t get me wrong…but just because a couple is beautiful together and seem to fit together doesn’t mean they are MEANT for each other.

• Crickettu says:

I totally agree that the person Justin slept with was with Lauren. Although I am still rooting for Kate and Justin. I like Ben but I love Justin and Kate better.