Hot Video: Awkward Love Triangle Heats Up!

MTV’s comedy gem Awkward is back on June 28 at 10:30/9:30c, and if the juicy new trailer is any indication, Jenna’s heart — and ours — will be torn in Season 2.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Awkward, True Blood, Bones, Vamp Diaries, Glee, Once Upon a Time & More!

Jenna and Jake appear to be going strong, but her first love Matty isn’t giving up on the one that got away — leading to some very, um, awkward third wheel situations. Meanwhile, the reveal that Lacey wrote the carefrontation letter will send shockwaves through the Hamilton household.

Press PLAY to view the super spoilery preview and see what’s in store for Little Bitch and co., and then hit the comments to declare your allegiance to Team Jake or Team Matty.

Loading video...

Tags: ,

Comments (33)

• Just fell in love with this show last weekend when MTV aired a marathon. Avoided it when it first aired because I had no faith MTV could produce quality television, but this is a gem. Can’t wait until season two.

Comment by Rolfe – June 7, 2012 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy crap this looks amazing. The actress that plays Jenna is so amazing when she is crying and confronting her mother about writing the letter. Can’t wait to see that scene. Ashley? Where is your emmy?! Also MTV this show has been off the air for way too long. Get your stuff together MTV!

Comment by Brandy (@Realme2011) – June 7, 2012 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Jake!!!!!!!!! Such a great show, can’t wait for the new season!

Comment by AM – June 7, 2012 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Jake for me.

Comment by Maryam – June 7, 2012 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No team Jake, it has to be Matty and I’m so excited for this season, got into it in one of the marathons and then my two sisters watched it too and it is so good, one of the best comedies on tv right now in my opinion up there with Cougar Town

Comment by Juan – June 7, 2012 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This show is so secretly awesome. And I’m with you- Team Matty. Poor guy totally messed up, but he and Jenna together are great and adorable.

Comment by ella – June 8, 2012 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I’m team Matty all the way. Jake is just a distraction.

I cannot believe how awesome this show is! I wish MTV would produce longer seasons even if it was only 15 or 18 episodes instead of 12!

Comment by Tommy – June 8, 2012 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So far I’m rooting for Matty.. but let’s see where this year takes us!

Comment by dane – June 8, 2012 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Definitely Team Matty!!

Comment by b-rex – August 6, 2012 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • aaahhhh can’t wait!! Team Jake all the way! (and since when is valerie vice principal?)

Comment by airhead – June 8, 2012 01:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I kind of hate the trailer for having too much in. But so love Val “Your Dad is single” as he is way hotter than matty or jake.

Comment by jay – June 8, 2012 01:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited! I was team Matty but now I’m not so sure anymore. Season looks amazing can’t wait!

Comment by Russ – June 8, 2012 01:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here I was team matty but now I don’t Know considering he was only using her for sex at first but then he started likeing her and getting feelings so i thought awww how sweet until jake started his little romance with her and that got me all googley eyed so now I don’t know lol long speech i know .

Comment by anymouse – June 14, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I had the exact same reactions all the way.. and I still don’t know.. but that’s what I love about this show…

Comment by jules – July 16, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Something seems off about Ashley Rickards. I can’t really place it.

Comment by Danielle – June 8, 2012 04:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In parts of the preview she clearly looks like she is taking cortisone…my dad had to take it for a while…and that’s what happens. You look like you’ve gained weight in the weirdest places…the eyelids are swollen etc. etc. …

Comment by kateshomesick – June 8, 2012 05:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know Nd is seems the cheerleader sadie has lost weight well In her face anyways. Jenna looks strange in the face

Comment by S – June 8, 2012 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love it can’t wait! i don’t know who i want her to be with more.

Comment by jr – June 8, 2012 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorite new show of the past year is back! I missed it so!

Comment by portiaslegacy – June 8, 2012 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Falling in love with this show was a total surprise for me. You’re right in it being a gem for MTV!

Excited for Awkward’s return. I like both guys but Jake won my heart by the 1st season’s end.
    He is so sweet and adorable!

Comment by Eliza – June 8, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree :) Jake is awesome!

Comment by coco – June 11, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Team Jake all the way. He liked jenna for her not for the physical.

Comment by liz101 – June 21, 2012 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Matty for sure! Love this show, can’t wait for June 28th.

Comment by aly – June 8, 2012 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Matty!!!! Jake is just too eager to please and something seems off about him to me.

Comment by Jenna587 – June 8, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Such an awesome show. I can’t wait for June 28th! (And I am with Valerie…Jenna’s dad is HOT! Maybe I’m showing my age?)

Comment by Deanna – June 8, 2012 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait !! I love Valerie, she’s so awsome !

Comment by Ben – June 8, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TEAM MATTY!!!!! <3

Comment by Sanjh – June 9, 2012 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the best thing about this show is that there’s no clear person that’s better for Jenna *cough* GLEE *cough*, and the awesomeness that is Ashley.

Comment by Katie – June 10, 2012 03:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, tough choice….Jake is a good decent guy…who loves her for what she is …
    & Matty is status obssessed guy who treated her like an invisible and was embarrassed to go public with her and only started loving her when she was gone and with someone else…but then again, this is a reel story and not real life…so practical things wont happen.

Comment by ivinz – June 11, 2012 03:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TEAM JAKE!!! Jake seems to like her how she is and Matty doesn’t even want anyone to know that he likes her!! <3 JAKE <3

Comment by coco – June 11, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like I just saw the whole season 2 :-) haha. I still can’t wait :-) It will be aw- wait for it – kward :-)

Comment by Petra (@crystalka89) – June 15, 2012 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show jenna is amazing and team jake for me he is is sooo sweet and sexy he’s not afraid to say that ” jenna hamilton is my gf ” unlike that jerk matty all he wants is to get some every night and is afraid to go anywere with her ( player ) but jake on the other hand dosent care to wait screw team matty TEAM JAKE

Comment by kyndra – June 22, 2012 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TEAM JAKE!!! Omg he’s so perfect for Jenna. I hope they end up yogather :)

Comment by lulu – June 28, 2012 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post