TVLine Items: Play the Community Video Game, CSI Promotes Recurring Player and More!

Holy awesomeness, Human Beings!

A streets-ahead Community superfan has created a real-life version of the 8-bit video game played by the Greendale Gang in one of the season’s final episodes, “Digital Estate Planning.” The game, called “Journey to the Center of Hawkthorne,” can be downloaded here. (Heck, you can even play as Squirrel Britta!)

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

CSI has promoted longtime recurring player Jon Wellner to series regular in its upcoming 13th season, per The Hollywood Reporter. The actor has portrayed toxicology specialist Henry Andrews since Season 5.

RELATED | George Eads Inks New CSI Deal

Logo has acquired the rights to air the UK’s Misfits, a provocative sci-fi drama centering on a group of twentysomethings who gain supernatural powers during as electrical storm. The series is slated to bow on the U.S. cabler on July 19 at 10/9c.

Erik Valdez (Gilmore Girls, New Girl) will join General Hospital beginning Monday, June 11 as the producer of Kristina’s new reality series, per Soap Opera Digest.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (10)

• Community fans are the best!

Comment by S. from A. – June 7, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love this!

Comment by Nikki – June 7, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love how the most creative show also has the most creative fans. I hope you can play house with abed and his minions.

Comment by Danny – June 7, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I play as Hilda? I want to be Hilda. My father is the blacksmith. I love Abed. If I can’t be Hilda, Squirrel Britta will suffice. My dad never took me to the zoo as a kid either.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – June 7, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh that would be awesome if Hilda was an option!

Comment by Suzie – June 7, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • about time Jon got a full time gig on CSI.

Comment by heu – June 7, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Check the new characters costumes on V 0.013

=D

Comment by Isa – June 7, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Played the video game and it’s awesome. All the details and the scenery are spot-on. You can only really play the hippie level right now, but I’m hoping that’ll change soon since the creators seem to update it often to fix any bugs and add new stuff.

Comment by em – June 7, 2012 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, I’m normally not a video game person, but I may have to check out that “Community” game. That is amazing. This show’s fans really know how to go above and beyond sometimes.

Comment by Angela – June 7, 2012 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • about damn time that Jon Wellner gets promoted to series regular

Comment by Taryn – June 8, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post