Exclusive

Body of Proof Mass Exodus Continues: Sonja Sohn and Nicholas Bishop Out!

Sonja Sohn Nicholas Bishop Body of ProofTurns out John Carroll Lynch’s dismissal from Body of Proof was just the tip of the iceberg.

TVLine has learned that Lynch’s costars, Nicholas Bishop and Sonja Sohn, also won’t be returning for the ABC procedural’s upcoming third season.

Bishop co-starred as medico-legal detective Peter Dunlop, while Sohn played homicide investigator Sam Baker (and partner to Lynch’s Bud Morris.)

All three actors had been with the show since the pilot.

Negotiations to bring Body of Proof back for a third season came down to the wire last month amid speculation that the show’s budget was being dramatically slashed.

News of Bishop’s departure was first reported by The Hollywood Reporter.

1. “Budget Cuts” is getting to be an old excuse. They use that excuse in every show. You will probably end up replacing these three actors. They all do it!
    Leave well enough alone. I am sick with all the changes. Give it time you will be like all the other shows, where they are replacing with Reality Shows. Hate them!!!!. Will not be watching Body of Proof!

• kim says:

maybe you would rather it was cancelled because it gets high total viewers but not enough of the right viewers, so I guess changes were in order. I imagine you watch the show for dana delany so she’s still there, yes it may suck that the supporting cast is gone, but Dana is still there.

2. tahina says:

Won’t be the same show anymore. I was hoping for Megan and Peter, was one of the few reasons I watched the show since the story lines werent that great..it sucks big time now!

3. Shan says:

Nooooooo! They can’t get rid of Peter. Oh man. This is crazy! Im really sad now :(

4. jess says:

I’m okay with these changes. I like Bishop, but this was not the role for him.
    As long as DD and JR are in, so am I.

5. sam says:

This is rather strange since they received the most tax credits for any show — so they actually have money to spend –perhaps they are trying to fill it with a younger cast to go after the demo of 18-49 that almost got it cancelled.

6. JC says:

Well, I won’t miss Nicholas Bishop in the least – I’m glad he’s not coming back, but I will miss Bud and Sam. Next to Megan and Kate they were my favorites. Actually, if Bud hadn’t been married, I would have liked to see him with Megan – I loved their snarky chemistry. I never could stand the idea of Peter and Megan – I think maybe it was the way he was always trying to be her conscience.

I hope this means a larger role for Jeri Ryan. I think she’s fantastic, and I’d like to see her get more to do. I also hope they tone down Ethan’s childish behavior – he used to be funny but he was getting intolerable by the end of the season.

• ChrisGa says:

I agree that Ryan is pretty fantastic; they need to up her profile on the show. However, while I’m sad to see Sohn and Lynch go(the Megan/Bud relationship was great and I agree he would’ve been great with Megan if he weren’t married), cutting Bishop I think was pretty stupid. Especially when you’ve got silly man-child Ethan and annoyingly sassy Curtis walking around taking up space better utilized by the three fired actors.

• JC says:

*shrugs* I like Curtis. I would take him over Peter any day – Peter got on my nerves. I haven’t totally figured out if it was the character or the actor, but I really didn’t like him. Now Ethan though – you have a point on that one.

7. CAM says:

Sohn wasn’t a favorite, but Lynch and Bishop? Bishop and Delaney had great chemistry, and Peter’s character really reins Megan in when she needs it. And Bud was such a great character…

8. CJ says:

It’s to help make room for Luke Perry who’s joining the cast.

9. CJ says:

And yes they are making casting choices to try to appeal to a younger audience.

10. Daniel says:

Well the bright side of all these cast departures, maybe Jeri Ryan will have a little more to do.

11. b freg says:

BOP without Megan & Peter??? Well, there’s another show that I am no longer watching this fall….

12. Ana says:

I’m glad Sam is gone but Peter? Not cool. I was hoping that eventually he and Megan would get together.

13. Lana says:

My favorites were Dalaney and the sassy black guy with the others mixed in. I am sorry about Peter and the cops but I will be interested in who will be brought in. I am hoping for Luke who was the desease control guy who got fired then hired by Jeri’s character, I can’t remember everyone’s character’s name. He can replace Peter for me.

14. robinepowell says:

I guess Peter won’t survive in the season premiere after all.

15. Cathy says:

No reason to watch now.

16. kim says:

Maybe William Levy can join as a detective.

17. MaryAnn says:

Well, they are getting rid of the three supporting characters I really liked, and keeping the one that I can’t stand. Sheesh…

18. Irishgirl says:

Well this show is going down the toilet pretty fast.

19. Tran says:

Really going to miss Sonja Sohn on Body of Proof this upcoming season during mid-season. Certainly enjoy her performance on The Wire.

20. David H says:

Perhaps the Limey lawn-doctor will morph into a cop. After he played on Law & Order UK. Lawn Order, geddit?

21. Dbalcer says:

It won’t be the shame show. I am sorry that they are getting rid of characters I was vested in instead of ones I don’t care for. I can tell you about the ones they cut but I don’t enjoy the story line between Megan and her boss and the two other morgue workers aren’t as deep of characters. I don’t understand why they renewed the show if they had to gut it to get a renewal.

22. Dbalcer says:

same show not shame show

23. lola says:

Still baffled how this show got renew ed in the first place. Maybe this was part of the deal?

24. Sara says:

I didn’t care for Bud, Sam or Peter at first, but I warmed up to Bud and Sam. Peter, not so much, but that was more because of the writing not the character. The premise of the show was great but we really haven’t seen why Megan is the way she is or any of her “before” accident life which I think might be interesting. I do enjoy the relationship she has with her mother and her child. I don’t think they are even on the fall schedule (maybe mid season replacement) so it’s probably a good thing that they mix it up to stay afloat. It may be their last season. They started really strong but the show has gone off the track IMO.

25. Allie says:

The cops cn be replaced but Peter??? I always thought Megan and Peter were endgame

26. Brendan says:

Jumped the Shark. :( Losing three of the more interesting characters, kinda sad.

27. Boiler says:

Has there been any explanation?? Doesn’t make alot of sense but I’ll keep watching to see what they do now

28. Ela says:

I don’t know if I’ll still watch it or not. I love Megan, but Megan and Peter’s relationship is one of the major reason why I watch. Ugh this sucks! Why don’t they just cancel the whole show?!

29. Michelle says:

Peter is my 2nd favorite character. I am astounded! I also really like Bud. Sonja’s character never did anything for me, so not too upset about that one. But Bud and Peter. good gosh. Why don’t you get rid of the lab rats and leave the police dept alone. Or even Jeri Ryan?

30. Casey says:

I HATE ABC/DISNEY! Why do those greedy maggots have to try and cheapen everything? The show won’t be the same without the police interaction or without the Megan/Peter relationship! Peter is a great character and getting rid of him is a mistake. I wanted the show to come back but now I think they should have come up with a decent ending that doesn’t leave the fans hanging (Not that ABC really cares about the fans) and cancelled the show instead of ruining it. This is so sad…

• Exactly what I said if the show sucks up such money cancel it. Don’t think I’ll like it without those three. Happily though the actor who plays Bud is on aother show but don’t remember which one.

31. Doug-H says:

I predict in an attempt to get a better “demo”, they will bring in some younger, hotter, actors on the police side and like CSI, mostly focus on the lab and figuring out clues which was the concept of the show… It’s more of a Quincy type show now… Knowing how old DD is in real life ( mid 50’s), she is in great shape and was playing someone 10+ years younger than she really is.. That Tuesday 10pm slot is murder…

32. tvdiva says:

That is the sad part of getting shows renewed. The budget gets reduced so much you have to let actors go. These are fine character actors who I hope find work quickly elsewhere.

33. If you count Peter’s girlfriend that died as “main cast”… Exactly half of the main cast has been axed. That seems extremely unusual.

34. Just cancel the show then. Loved all three characters that were let go. I like Dana Delaney and Jeri Ryan but thought the others made the show.

35. Amy says:

Now the Kegan shippers are having a blast, how surprising…

36. Renata says:

Well now I wish they had cancelled the show. I mean, what’s the point anymore? Watching Jeri and Dana throwing “witty” lines at each other for their fangirls’ joy. We already have that with Rizzoli & Isles. Oh, that tension!

37. CJ says:

In all fairness everyone should give the show a chance. These changes may turn out to be great for the show. For the faithful that watched the show last season you know the cops weren’t always on together anyway. I hate when people complain before the show even comes back To see what changes are made and why they were made. To me I love the show and I’m glad it’s coming back. I was not watching the show for the three actors that were let go.

38. Emma says:

there is no show without Peter, what is wrong with american tv… all my favourite shows are either being axed after one awesome season (the finder, moonlight, unforgettable) or are axing crucial actors in the show to make it unwatchable. pick up your game!!!

39. MacZ says:

No Bud or Peter? Why not get rid of that whiney daughter instead? I understand that a budget drives the show, but it just won’t be, IMO, as good a program without the previous cast. I’m done with it. I’m moving on and going to watch another show elsewhere.

40. Judith says:

Have just started watching the show and googled the characters to find out a bit about them. Was gutted to find out Peter won’t be in it after season 2. Think I’ll just stop watching now to save myself the heartbreak….

41. Aussie Fan says:

No Nic Bishop = No interest in watching the show.

42. Hannah says:

No peter!!!!! i found out like 2 minutes ago and I was just checking but man I’m in tears right now. Meghan and Peter’s friendship was like the highlight of the show for me. I really hoped that one day they would fall in love or just remain friends but now there’s not even a chance for that. Are they going to make him die or something like that? They can’t just cut him out and forget because in the last episode he got stabbed pretty badly. I really don’t want him to die or leave :*(. I’m really upset now and I’m just gonna cry for the rest of the day. I’m going to miss him a lot. (clearly I’m a huge fan and sorry for my long ranting but it’s really sad)

43. Caitlin says:

Peter and Megan’s (co-worker/friendship) relationship was half the reason why I stuck with watching Body of Proof. I can deal with them having new cops (I liked Bud Morris but didn’t care that much for Samantha Baker), but take Peter out of the equation and I will not be watching the new season.

44. Manuel says:

the show won’t be the same anymore without peter, sam or bud

45. Love it says:

Why I love the show the way it is why take Peter Bud and Sam off the show.

46. Love it says:

Then how are they going to start this season cause Peter saved Megan .

47. bob says:

i was only watching this show because nicolas was in it, now when hes gone im never watching the show again

48. gaby says:

I’m sorry but if there’s no Sam, bud if peter than the show isn’t worth watching, as much as I like Curtis and ethanol the show can carry on without them but not without Sam, bud and peter, I won’t be watching if they aren’t in it that’s for sure.

49. SCR says:

Figures,
    Typical of what’s happening everywhere. A second awesome program getting the axe.
    “Leverage” was one of the better programs which got the axe for some “super-crappy”, super cheap “reality” garbage and supposedly didn’t have the “numbers”. Television has always supposed to be an “escape” from reality, so why do we have so many talentless jerks infesting the airways.
    The network bigwigs just ruined another show. Peter et al were good supporting characters. I watched the third season premier and “for me” – IT STUNK- can’t stand Peter’s replacement- seems like a real know- it- all. –
    The only “Body of Proof” that I have is that I won’t be watching any more. Maybe the network should hire Honey Boo Boo(b) as a intern.
    I think we, the audience, should vote on wheteher the idiots in charge of the networks stay or go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50. Marianne says:

You shouldn’t have let Peter go. I watched it because of him. If budget cuts are the reason, you should have let Jeri Ryan go. She has very little say in the show, because Dana Delany has all the mouth and sometimes very overbearing. Can’t see too much of a future with Peter gone.