Check Out Lindsay Lohan's Latest Elizabeth Taylor Look – Yea or Nay?

Get More: First Look

Lifetime has released more official beauty shots from its Fall 2012 Liz & Dick TV-movie starring Lindsay Lohan as the iconic Elizabeth Taylor. Do they make you curious? Or are they perhaps even (gasp) winning you over?

In the first photo below — versus the black-and-white in-profile pic shared the other day –  you’ve got LiLo in full glam mode, bedecked in jewels, (let’s hope fake) fur and a form-fitting red dress.

RELATED | Lifetime Eyes Marc Cherry’s Devious Maids

Beneath, there’s costar Grant Bowler (True Blood, Ugly Betty) channeling Taylor’s great love, Richard Burton. (For those itching to hand him a comb, I direct you to Exhibit A.)

Hit comments with your latest thoughts/predictions on Liz & Dick and Lindsay and Grant!

Lindsay Lohan as Elizabeth Taylor

Comments (73)

• His hair is awful. She looks pretty darn good.

Comment by LakeGirl – June 6, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was actually thinking the same thing. If I remember, Grant’s hair was pretty short recently. Is this a wig? Because I remember RB having more hair than this…

Comment by angelsrc79 – June 6, 2012 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I Want The Option Of Why Are We Even Talking About Her.

Comment by Joseph – June 6, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If you want the option “why are we even talking about her”, then why are you even talking about her, ie commenting on her, ever more so, reading about her and commenting on her?

Comment by checkermate – June 6, 2012 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You have the option of Don”t Read About Her.

Comment by suzi – June 6, 2012 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Honestly, she looks great…spit of Elizabeth! If you had not told me it was Lindsay Lohan, I would NEVER have recognised her. Definitely a positive look and I so want that girl to get her act together…

Comment by Ger – June 6, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ger, if you think she is the spit of Elizabeth Taylor, you never saw any Elizabeth Taylor movies.

Comment by Patti – June 11, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She looks good for her, but she looks NOTHING like Elizabeth Taylor!

Comment by Doreen Mulman – July 6, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After a very long time Lindsay Lohan is looking good. She should keep the dark hair look. She was starting to look like a meth head. i don’t know if she has the acting ability to pull off the roll but hope for the best, this could be her robert downey jr revival moment. good luck

Comment by Dennis – June 6, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Lindsay (well sort of) and hope she really starts doing well, but RDJ has at least twice the acting chops she possesses and a very charming personality to boot, I just don’t know if miss lohan has what it takes to make a comeback like Robert’s, anyways I wish her the best.

Comment by Adriana – June 6, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • thumbs up to that!

Comment by checkermate – June 6, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is a beautiful photo and yes I’m interested enough to watch, but in my opinion she does not resemble Miss Taylor at all. I have always liked Lindsay though, and am just hoping she continues to report for work prepared and on time.

Comment by april-ann – June 6, 2012 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She looks more like Ava Gardner than Elizabeth Taylor.

Comment by znachki – June 6, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That never occurred to me, znachki, but now that you mention it, you’re absolutely right!

Comment by april-ann – June 6, 2012 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, wouldn’t even have recognsed Lindsay! She looks amazing, and healthy to boot!!

Comment by katy917 – June 6, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • healthy? its called airbrush ;)

Comment by Spike – June 6, 2012 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly. It doesn’t even look like her.

Comment by wrstlgirl – June 6, 2012 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And one boob is too big to just be the natural uneven that all women have.

Comment by Suz – June 6, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • it’s because her chest is curved toward the camera and the arm is coming in on that side pushing it out more.

Comment by Sara – June 6, 2012 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It is how she is sitting that makes her breasts look lobsided.

Comment by Dawn – June 7, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • holy photoshop, as if her nose looks anything like this

Comment by Spike – June 6, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lindsay as Liz Taylor looks like one of my good friends

And Hopefully this will be Lohan’s comeback flim even though its a Lifetime TV movie.

Comment by Mary Beth – June 6, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking gorgeous. I know people love to hate on her but I really don’t mind she playing Elizabeth Taylor as long as she gives her best. She was a good actress on her teens, let’s hope she still has it in her. Always good to see someone who’s been at the bottom getting their life back together.

Comment by Joan – June 6, 2012 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LL looks loads better than she has in years but she doesn’t remind me at all of Liz Taylor. After she completes the film, she should keep an updated version of this for her look.

Comment by SAM – June 6, 2012 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That picture is ridiculously photoshopped. I saw candids from the set yesterday and you would never even know she was playing Liz if someone didn’t tell you.

Comment by thefirstmrshummel – June 6, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, because paparazzo shots taken by TMZ always go out of their way to catch people looking their very best, LOL. Let me guess, they caught her coming out of a bathroom stall?

Comment by lauren – June 6, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She looks beautiful (a little airbrush doesn’t hurt anyone)! I hope she kills it. I’m always rooting for her, and praying that this is her comeback!

Comment by Babybop – June 6, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with your post. I think she looks beautiful; and hope the best for her. I dare anyone of the naysayers to handle the fame she received at such an early age (I think 10) and not have some emotional issues attached to it. She like other young hollywood stars need better guidance not only from their parents, but agents and managers to help them thru the difficulties of early stardom. RDJ went through his teens, 20′s and 30′s addicted to all sorts of things and finally through a continued sober living he maintains his soberity. It takes commitment to stay sober for any normal human being and I for one can’t imagine how difficult it must be when you have others watching your every move. I hope she has much success and that only she can make the decision to stay sober for herself. You go girl!

Comment by Dawn – June 7, 2012 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The hair on both is wrong, and she needs more uplift to her bosom.

Comment by Cathy – June 6, 2012 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great hollywood photo(shop) But I have no intension of watching. I’m just not very interested in the subject matter.

Comment by wrstlgirl – June 6, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lindsay looks great, for being her lately…but she doesn’t look at all like Taylor, she looks disguised not characterized as she is! I’d love to see a come back of LiLo but I am afraid this is a miscast part. And yeah, Lohan had a few good acting gigs, nothing even close to the range perfoming Elizabeth Taylor’s life will demand, let’s face it, this is NOT Michelle Williams as Marilyn!

But never mind my opinion, let’s wait and see…because I am sure going to watch…

Comment by Clau – June 6, 2012 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh come on… it’s a lifetime movie. the production value is already going to be far lower than the average film… or tv movie. or did you see that abysmal thing they did about william and kate? they looked nothing like them except that he was blonde and she had long dark hair.

Comment by Sara – June 6, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If the whole movie will be Photoshopped like this, yay. If not (which – of course it won’t be) – nay.

Comment by Rebecca Parker – June 6, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If only we had audio, we could hear Liz turning over in her grave…

Comment by Laurel – June 6, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thought it was Mila Kunis at first

Comment by A – June 6, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nay nay nay!!
    Elizabeth Taylor was a perfect woman, with an ideal body of a woman and class practically oozing out of her. Lohan has nothing on her, not the depth, not the body, not the adult woman vibe, not the class!!! seriously people, what are thinking about casting her as Elizabeth Taylor.just close your eyes and try to imagine Lohan in “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof” or “Cleopatra”…. you can’t, that’s right, therefore, she can’t play Taylor since she played in both.

Comment by farsia2010 – June 6, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second the NAY. Elizabeth Taylor was always my favorite and her beauty in her prime was unmatched. Just check out photos from Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (Taylor and Paul Newman were the best looking couple in screen history and their chemistry was electric) for comparison. Yesterday’s photoshopped pic was a shocker. Today’s not so much.

Comment by TheBeach – June 6, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree!!! What an insult to Elizabeth Taylor to have LL play her!!!!…..Yuck….Could they not have found someone better?…ET was flawless, and LL is anything but….My opinion, “What a shame.”

Comment by Trycee – June 6, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know a some people have made a point of saying that Liz wasn’t perfect so Linsay should play her(rolling eyes)
      HOWEVER Liz was a Fantastic actress.
      I wish Linsay well but I don’t think she could pull a performance like “Cleopatra” or “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof “

Comment by Laurel – June 6, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lohan will NOT be playing Cleopatra or any Taylor iconic role… She will just portray Taylor in a TV movie to recount the life of the actress…

She is not trying to be Taylor in any possible way…

Comment by allison – June 7, 2012 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Liz was a great actress but had her own problems too almost the same as Lohan although the studios were able to cover up a lot of them no doubt. Hopefully Lindsay will stop smoking and drinking and partying and resume her career on a more serious basis.

Comment by BrianR – June 6, 2012 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please. Elizabeth Taylor had more talent in her little pinky then Lohan could ever muster…Bad choice in my opinion. She should just fade from the spotlight and give us all a breath of fresh air…and while she is at it take some of those other annoying, media hoggin, crappy so called celebs with her.

Comment by Jake – June 6, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She looks terrific. Hope she pulls it off.

Comment by Renee – June 6, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You can see the massive amount of photoshop that has gone into the picture. Get rid of this crack addict.

Comment by Hojana – June 6, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She looks beautiful!

Comment by Jen – June 6, 2012 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Couldn’t even tell that was her! Wow… Looks great. And she may it may not be ready for a role like this, but the casting directors must have seen something that made them cast her. This isn’t the same, but many people doubted Chris evans playing captain America and hr was amazing! Maybe this will bring Lohan out of her stupor

Comment by Becca – June 6, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sherilynn Finn played Taylor a few years ago in some bio and looked much, much more like her…too bad she couldn’t act.

Comment by TheBeach – June 6, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Somehow I Don’t think this tvmovie will be a success. Lohan really can’t act and plus she doesn’t even resemble Taylor and shouldn’t have been cast to play her. Sorry but I don’t think casting her was the brightest idea.

Comment by icywinter2 – June 6, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She still can’t act her way out of a paper bag.

Comment by Laura – June 6, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THEY KILLED MY COOTER!!!!

Comment by STEVE – June 6, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly what I thought when I first clicked the article!

Comment by Mikael – June 7, 2012 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Truth be told, E.T. was her most strikingly beautiful in her 1950s movies (A PLace in the Sun, Cat, Giant, Suddenly Last Summer). Although still beautiful, her hard-partying lifestyle with Richard Burton took a bit of a toll on both their looks.

Comment by TheBeach – June 6, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just have a hard time seeing LL as Elizabeth Taylor. I don’t think Lohan’s body looks anything like Elizabeth Taylor’s in that period of her life. Plus by the time Taylor met Burton she already had 3 children. I can’t see Lohan playing a mother to 3 kids.

Comment by Cara – June 6, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol i thought it was Megan Fox.

Comment by joe – June 6, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jude Law would make a better Burton. But I’l watch it for Lilo.

Comment by Templar – June 6, 2012 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked the other photo black and white photo better. This photo I can tell it’s Lindsay, and she still has that air of skankiness about her. It looks like she’s just trying to play dress-up, not actually channeling a character. Liz Taylor had an aura about her that commanded people to admire her. I am definitely not seeing that here. I can’t wait to hear how she tries to do Liz’s voice with that gravelly old lady smoker’s voice of hers.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – June 6, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People need to calm down about Lindsay playing this part until we get some sort of footage to watch. I do agree that the hair isn’t exactly right, but Jesus people. Give her the benefit of the doubt for once. She used to be pretty great as an up-and-comer, and maybe she really is trying to change her ways. Doubtful, but maybe. Let’s at least wait for some sort of trailer before we start to write her off.

Comment by Zeke – June 6, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s never had much talent. Sure, I’ll give her The Parent Trap, she was decent considering her age at the time, but nothing else has been impressive in the least. And she still doesn’t look like Taylor. Just a heavily photoshopped Lohan.

Comment by tripoli – June 6, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She doesn’t look like Elizabeth Taylor at all. Then again, she doesnt look like Lindsay Logan either. The wonders of PhotoShop. Shame, Liz Taylor deserved better. LiLo really is a great dramatic actress. She has such great potential but her personal life is too much of a mess and physically she has been messing herself up too.

Comment by Ana – June 6, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Then again, she doesnt look like Lindsay Logan either. ”
      That pretty much says it all. Sad that she ruined her career before it really took off….

Comment by Sha – June 6, 2012 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You couldn’t pay me to watch LiLo attempt to play Elizabeth Taylor.

Comment by M. – June 6, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You all might not remember but during her career, Elizabeth Taylor was an addict too. That might be the logic behind casting her.

Comment by jaded – June 6, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You’ve got to be kidding!!! Elizabeth Taylor was a one of a kind beauty. No one will ever come close to her. Especially not Lindsey Lohan. I’m not going to watch this insult of a TV movie.

Comment by Joann Durso – June 6, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me, either. It’s just too much to take. This really should have been done better.

Comment by susanfurey – June 21, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lohan looks like Joan Collins. Bowler looks like Rex Harrison.

Comment by Temis – June 6, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She looks great! Not exactly like Liz, but close enough!!

Comment by Stacyh – June 6, 2012 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She doesn’t look even remotely like Liz to me.

Comment by Larc – June 6, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My problem is that I don’t see Elizabeth Taylor, I see Lindsey Lohan trying to look like Elizabeth Taylor. I think even if I tried to watch it, I would still only be seeing Lindsey Lohan. All the same, I hope this is the start to a good comeback for her.

Comment by Sara – June 6, 2012 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really smell Emmy here… Lohan, welcome to the elite club of Downey and Barrymore!

Comment by allison – June 7, 2012 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lindsey has not the slightest resemblance to Liz Taylor. If they wanted a fluff actress why not hire Megan Fox ? Either way, I’ll be missing this bit. God knows who did the casting for this … and what they were on.

Comment by Sue – June 21, 2012 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have learn a few excellent stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much attempt you set to create such a excellent informative website.

Comment by banners broker – July 7, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not saying this because of Lindsey Logan’s bad reputación but I onestly don’t thinkbshe’s the one for the job and I work for a celebirty gossip group and I’ve met her and I think she looks NOTHING like Liz Taylor and that’s my opinion.

Comment by Gigi – September 30, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post