Exclusive

Damages Fifth and Final Season First Look: Gather ’Round the Table!

Is it just us, or does the art for Damages’ fifth and final season seem a little American Horror Story-esque?

TVLine has your exclusive first look at the gothic image, in which regulars Glenn Close and Rose Byrne are joined by new blood John Hannah (by the door), Ryan Phillippe, Jenna Elfman (laid out on the table), and Janet McTeer. In a chat with TVLine last month, Elfman previewed her central part in this season’s plot and spilled about the image “where I’m naked… with blood everywhere.”

We’re intrigued by the shadows, which are doing decidedly different things than the figures they’re attached to, and the birds. What’s up with the birds? Review the art, hit the comments and share what you think it means for Season 5, which premieres July 11 (9 p.m. ET/PT) on DirecTV Channel 239!

Click image TWICE to conduct full-size scrutiny!

1. Did they filter this photo through instagram or something? Seriously.

• “Photoshop” was my first thought. It’s also a composite — either that or Glenn Close is on stilts AND Janet McTeer is standing in a ditch. (Yes, that is Janet McTeer on the far right.)

2. David says:

Yes! Can’t wait! (for it on DVD cause I don’t have DirectTV)

3. RobertTaylor says:

I will pay Rose Byrne five dollars to eat a cheeseburger.

4. dvmom says:

John Hannah is the man!

5. Pat says:

Looks awesome! Although the “All Judgements Are Final” Poster is even more awesome! & Rose continues to make my heart throb 5 seasons later

6. Dick Whitman says:

Patty’s shadow is the only one that seems “normal”. I hope the bit from the teaser with Ellen bleeding are some kind of dream.

7. Bittersweet news, that the 5th Season begins on July 11, but it will also be the Final Season…. This is television at it very best…

8. David Millet says:

That’s a very, very cool promo. And yes, it does have an ‘American Horror Story’ feel to it, but I personally love it. Definitely looking forward to this!!

9. gm465271 says:

I’m not loving it. I like the concept of the shadows, but not the execution. I haven’t really liked the look of the promo artwork since the show moved to DirecTV. It must be the smaller budget. I miss the FX network artwork like this from Season 3:

Still love the show though and so glad that DirecTV has given us these last 2 seasons!

10. Melissa says:

LOVE IT! This season is going to be PACKED! Full of drama and action no doubt. The fact that they made those shadows very symbollic make me wonder about so many things. I love the cast additions this season by the way. Oh and to Pat’s picture from tumblr: they will most likely release those single shots later on this month (or this week!) hopefully.

11. Snsetblaze says:

Did season 4 come out yet? I don’t have direct tv and have avoided reading anything on season 4.

12. groucholand says:

Like fellow (damaged?) Damages fan, I can’t wait to see the 5th and last season. It will be bittersweet knowing that it will be their swan song, but I like it that the poster teasers are already making the rounds. I love the shadows too, plus the pigeon on the floor which I imagine might figure prominently in a plot twist (no, I don’t have any clue–just throwing it out there for fellow fans to disect). Glenn Close FTW!

13. Kat says:

CANNOT WAIT for the new season!!!!! So sad it’s the last as it’s one of the most amazing shows on television hands down, with fantastic writing, acting, casting, etc., but glad to see it looks like it’s definitely going out with a bang! And excited for this new cast too…Glenn and Rose are so phenomenal on their own, and then every season brings in such a great crop of regulars and new cast, makes it that much more thrilling to watch. This show is one of the only ones literally everyone in my family loves and I can’t wait to dig into it soon. Please keep info coming! I really wish it was on a major network so everyone could see it immediately when it airs, because it’s so much better then 99% of everything else out there.

14. Kat says:

Also Season 4 is out on DVD June 26th if you haven’t seen it yet!! It is SOOOOO good. Chris Messina, Dylan Baker and John Goodman are AMAZING additions.

15. Sean says:

This one of the best shows on TV…. hear this Emmy Voters!!!

16. jp says:

i think the shasows represent their characters personality. ryan phillippe’s character is the villain so thats why his shadow has the ghoulish aspect to it