First Look: Lindsay Lohan as Elizabeth Taylor for Lifetime's Liz & Dick

Lindsay Lohan will channel the late, great Elizabeth Taylor in the Lifetime original movie Liz & Dick, and here is your first look at the startlet’s transformation into an iconic actress.

RELATED | Lifetime Eyes Marc Cherry’s Devious Maids

Kissing Lohan, who is sporting a dark, new ‘do, in the sneak peek is Grant Bowler (True Blood) as Liz’s hubby Richard Burton. The telefilm, which chronicles the couple’s fiery romance, is set to air later this year.

Check out the photo below and then hit the comments with your thoughts on the pair!

Lindsay Lohan Elizabeth Taylor Movie

1. Sednah says:

Oh heeeeeeeeeeell to the no!

2. andressa says:

that doesn’t look like lindsay lohan… at all.

3. Morgan says:

Elizabeth Taylor once did an interview with Barbara Walters where she said she hated the nickname “Liz.”

4. FairyTaleLover says:

Uh well, Lindsey sure wouldn’t be my first pick for Elizabeth Taylor. Actually she wouldn’t be on my list at all.

5. WTF were they thinking?!?!?

• creativkook says:

They were thinking casting Lindsey Lohan would give them a lot of free publicity, which equals more viewers.

6. Sid says:

Hey not saying she doesn’t look like Liz Taylor, but this time I am going to judge a book by it’s cover. This chick needed to face reality and not get a acting part like this. All this shows to the world and our younger generation is that apparently their are no repercussion for acting and being an idiotic for years.

7. Babygate says:

Photoshop and a lot of filters can do wonders. But Lindsay will not have the benefit of those when the cameras roll. Elizabeth Taylor was such a classy lady. Even in the midst of scandal after scandal she remained poised and beautiful. Lindsay Lohan is nothing like Dame Elizabeth. Not in the physical sense, not in her character, not in her personality. This project is not being made with the intention of honoring Ms. Taylor. It is being made for revenue and the miscasting is just negligent and really sad.

8. Tyler says:

who else besides me is gonna approach this with an open mind and wait until it airs before passing judgment on her?

• Courtney says:

Definitely. So what if Lindsay has had personal problems? Doesnt mean she cant act. Lets wait and see = ).

• checkermate says:

I am feeling open minded.

• Steven says:

The picture is giving me hope. I’ll wait and see.

• Lucy says:

Me! I hate all of the haters. As an actress myself, I can see this casting, with hair and makeup LL does look like Taylor. She is also a very talented actress, has everyone forgotten how amazing she was in Parent Trap and Freaky Friday. I say good for LL. I can’t wait for her to show everyone that they were wrong!

• Pinky_77 says:

I too will definitely wait to see it before making any comments.

• Eran says:

I certainly am.
      Moreover, I actually think she could do a pretty terrific job here. With all the drama around her in recent years, the majority has forgotten that Lindsay Lohan is in fact a pretty damn good actress. I say two thumbs up for the casting and the leap of faith in her. People deserve a chance to redeem themselves, personally and professionally. Particularly if at heart, they’re good at what they do.

9. Alex says:

She was a good actress before she let bad decisions get in the way. Not sure if I’ll watch this but I hope, for her sake, it’s good.

10. Britta Unfiltered says:

Lindsay Lohan, what an…..interesting choice to play a real life super classy lady. It should have been real life classy lady Alison Brie to play that part. But she’s probably too good to do some crappy Lifetime movie.

• Jones says:

Who exactly was “a real life super classy lady?” I know you don’t mean good ‘ol Liz. Sure, she cleaned up her act later, but you forget (or never knew, maybe) that she was quite a booze hound back in the day as well as an adulterous home wrecker. Definitely not characteristics of a “lady.” So, if you’re going to throw stones, then throw them equally at least.

11. Jenn says:

I think Lindsay Lohan has finally made a sensible decision. She’s starting small, hopefully this will be a sucessfull come-back and the beginning of getting her life back on track. I’m not a fan of her by any means but she’s one messed up human being and I hope she can recover professionally & personally. BTW all of those saying how classy Liz Taylor was? Have we forgotten the alcohol abuse & her torrid affair with a married man ( Richard Burton)? And I Am an Elizabeth Taylor Fan!

12. Jake says:

LiLo? seriously, why does everyone think it is cutesy to give all these stupid nicknames to everyone? It’s pretty lame if you think about it.

13. Maddie says:

All Lindsay has really done the last couple of years have been photo spreads so it doesn’t mean much since pro hair/makeup and photoshop can make me look like Liz. But this is actually good for Lifetime (tons of publicity and big ratings) and if Lindsay can do a decent acting job, behave like a professional, be on time, etc., it can only be good for her career. But, she’s going to have to put in overtime effort because people are just waiting for any little screw up.

She blew her shot at being a A/B list movie actress, but she still has the name recognition to have a decent career if she can keep it together. I just don’t think she can.

14. Zay says:

Two things.

1) Elizabeth Taylor was an alcoholic and married eight times. She was no angel. I’m sure she was criticized for it in her day too. I don’t know why people are making her out to be this angel of classy goodness. She wasn’t. Stop idolizing her. Sure, she was beautiful and talented, but she was a wreck outside of that. From a personality standpoint, Lindsay actually makes sense. Who would know better about how it feels to be out of control with everyone watching you? Plus, as others have mentioned, this is awesome for Lifetime. People are interested in their movie and their ratings will be good.

2) How will Lindsay ever get back on her feet if people try their hardest to tear her down every step of the way? This is just a little Lifetime movie, not some gigantic, important blockbuster film, have some faith. Maybe she’ll do a good job. Remember Robert Downey Jr.? He was an alcoholic wreck, completely unemployable, and now he is one of the most bankable, desirable actors in Hollywood. Someone had to have faith in him and give him a chance when no one else would; maybe Lindsay needs the same thing. Let’s see how this goes before we judge her.

• sas51079 says:

Zay, I don’t think you belong here. This is an entertainment news comments section. To include such a reasonable, well thought out, and accurate response is unheard of.

In all seriousness, I agree completely.

• crsanz says:

2 excellent points! I think it could turn out to be perfect casting.

• Pinky_77 says:

AMEN!!! You said it, Zay.

• Templar says:

This is a case of a child star messed up by early fame playing a child star messed up by early fame. Perfect.

• Lauren says:

You make some good points.
      Liz was a bit of a hot mess.
      Yet she did seem to have some class.
      She didn’t go to jail or run anyone over with an SUV.

I bear Linsay no ill will.
      I hope she gets it together.
      But if I’m going to be honest about it I get a little nauseated when I think of Linsay Lohan as Liz Taylor.
      That’s just how I feel about it.

15. They both look incredibly close to the real duo. Totally amazing.

16. Hojana says:

some trying to given chances to this crack addict FFS drop her and stop supporting her habit.

17. Morgen says:

That make up artist just earned his Emmy nod.

18. matthew c says:

Just NO on every level.

19. cj says:

f***************k no, that is SUPER DUPER photo shopped.

20. tahina says:

Hmm, not my first or second choice to portray Liz Taylor..but can’t expect anything more from Lifetime..oh please.

21. nitemar says:

I will probably watch it.

22. Aiz says:

I smell Emmy for La Lohan! Tina Fey must be so proud…

23. Marc says:

What is this, Liz Taylor Meets Dark Shadows?

24. Laurel says:

Ugh!

25. Ruthie Brown says:

I think its bit of a disgrace to Liz Taylor to have Lindsay portray her,Liz was a Classy Woman and much more beautiful in her early years.. Lindsay is not where near as pretty..

26. Stacyh says:

Holy Cow – is that really Lohan??? Looks exactly like Liz!

27. Karen Hayes says:

Zay said it all …I agree !