Exclusive

The Office Exclusive: Look Who's Returning Next Season as a Series Regular!

Catherine Tate The OfficeAnother one of TVLine’s 16 Fall Cliffhangers has been solved.

Although an NBC rep declined to comment, sources close to The Office confirm to TVLine exclusively that Catherine Tate is poised to return for the show’s upcoming ninth season as a full-fledged series regular.

PHOTOS & VIDEO | Fall Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

Tate’s boss lady Nellie initially received a somewhat chilly reception from her colleagues at Dunder Mifflin’s Scranton branch. But by season’s end, the character’s redemption was in full swing as she formed bonds with the likes of Pam and Darryl. In the finale, she even enjoyed a warm moment with Andy after he reclaimed his post as manager (presumably making her his No. 2).

Tate’s return means that all major Office castmembers will be back in the fall with the exception of Mindy Kaling, who is headlining The Mindy Project on Fox. Several new faces are expected to be introduced as well as the long-running comedy undergoes a mini-reboot.

1. teresa says:

viva!!! :)))

2. Office says:

Wow what a stupid decision by the producers/writers of the show. Nobody likes her. Also Andy shouldn’t be the manager anymore

3. Mike says:

Looking for their “jump the shark” moments. Casting Tate in the first place and then keeping her. Season pass has been deleted from my TiVo.

4. Nellie SUX says:

Well this means I will never watch The Office ever again. Cathurine irraTATE makes me want to vomit.

5. Jon edwards says:

If you really think the show should already be cancelled then why are you still watching it? Stop whining.

6. corey says:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!

7. Cav says:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
    In your face, America!!!!!!!!!!!

Die Andy Bernard, Die!!!!!!!!

8. Tico says:

Haters won’t be missed. Please, go away. Nellie is the best thing that happened to the show this year. And that’s it.

9. Fleur Leville says:

Watched Season 8 and disliked Catherine Tate as from the second she joined the show! With her coming back in 9, #baddecisionmaking, that’ll do, no more Office for me.

10. CathurineTate Ruined TheOffice says:

As soon as I see her I turn off the TV. I hate her and her character. I will not watch The Office with her on it, and I will tell every single person I meet to stop watching.

11. jennifer says:

i am not a fan of Tate’s character, but her eating the taco was hilarious. i keep watching the office because I love Jim and Dwight playing off each other. Spader did nothing for the show, and Andy’s character has changed and not for the better. Michael Scott was The Office and I think the show should have ended with his departure.

12. sarah says:

I can not stand her and I think that is the final nail in the coffin for me!

13. I’m willing to aver that the last season of The Office was just *slightly* better than, say, The Holocaust.

14. DocWho fan says:

I’m sorry, Catherine Tate will always be Donna Noble to me………just sayin

15. kevin says:

I think she did well and in the frist season of the office steve carell character awkward at times. I think she will grow on people.

16. Will From Brooklyn says:

I really and truly don’t understand all the negative feed back from this amazing news that Nellie is returning! She is honestly to me, the closest thing we’ve had to Micheal Scott since his departure. Her borderline comedy is just what I’m looking for, and her British accent is just music to my ears! lol I can hear Ricky Gervais in her voce! She is going to be great! Great move by the creators! Can’t wait!

17. Jenny says:

I find Nellie endearing, the scene where they went through her voice mail (credit card rejected etc) and how they contrasted it to her little spiel at the end of the show was priceless. I can understand the hate (though I dont agree wtih it), but in that moment – that one moment in that one scene …I just find it impossible to not feel for her.

18. qwop says:

The Office is over for me. I couldn’t even finish season 8 because of how much Tate annoyed me. Just try to remember the good times…… R.I.P. my sweet prince.

19. Boogie Boogie says:

Nellie is the most annoying character I’ve ever seen. The only way I’d watch is if she fell into a wood chipper feet first and the filmed her face in HD.

20. IP Freely says:

Nellie regular = no viewers

21. jumbolaya says:

BOOOOOOO She Sucks. Does anyone actually find her funny that has followed the show the whole way through. The Ship was already sinking. Are they trying to end this legendary show as poorly as possible. I am literally pissed to hear that the red headed hack of a comedian is allowed back on the show. Might as well put Kathy Griffin on. Shame on you NBC/Office writers. Fn terrible. Now we know why Steve Carell got out when he did. Smart man

22. Ted Bear says:

“One cannot antagonize and influence (positively) at the same time.”
    – WSJ

And she’s the epitome of irritating and antagonistic …