Fall Preview: Watch Full Trailers For CBS' Partners, Elementary, Vegas and Made In Jersey

CBS has finally released the full-length trailers for their new 2012-13 TV series, including the Michael Urie-fronted comedy Partners and the Sherlock Holmes procedural Elementary.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Against What?

Press PLAY below to preview the Eye Network’s latest offerings, and then hit the comments with your snappy judgments!

RELATED | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

Partners, with Michael Urie, David Krumholtz, Sophia Bush, Brandon Routh (airing Mondays at 8:30/7:30c)

Vegas, with Dennis Quaid, Michael Chiklis, Carrie-Anne Moss (Tuesdays at 10 pm)

Elementary, with Jonny Lee Miller, Lucy Liu, Aidan Quinn (Thursdays at 10 pm)

Made In Jersey, with Janet Montgomery, Kyle MacLachlan, Erin Cummings (Fridays at 9 pm)

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, Trailers and Promos, Video

1. Calla Lilly says:

Didn’t have ANY interest in Partners (aside from Sophia) but OMG this is going to be can’t miss for me!

2. Rebecca says:

A 5 minute Partners preview and not one funny moment. There is no chemistry between the couples or the main characters/partners. The “jokes” are over the top and so is the acting. The laugh track is beyond annoying, too. But they’re in a cushy spot on the schedule, so the ratings might hold up for a while. I imagine viewers wanting to watch HIMYM and 2 Broke Girls will just leave CBS on in between.

• jen says:

Really I thought there was chemistry and it was funny

• Chris says:

I agree! It totally sucked. I didn’t laugh once. And I loved Sophia Bush on One Tree Hill, but she was terrible in this trailer.

• Dude says:

How was she terrible? She barely had any scenes and she was perfectly good in the ones she was in. There weren’t really any “acting” moments for her in the trailer so I don’t understand how she could be bad in it.

• Sosoie says:

I agree. The Time slot should help it along, hopefully until the show finds its footing and becomes funny or gets a little better. There was potential there however.

3. Sam says:

Partners looks like something I’d watch only if nothing else is on. Love Michael Urie and Sophia Bush but not looking for a Will and Grace remake.
    Vegas looks stupid and I’ll be surprised if it lasts 5 episodes before it’s canceled.
    Elementary looks interesting but there are only so many crime dramas I can watch especially when talking about murder.
    Made in Jersey looks boring! Maybe if the lead character wasn’t from Jersey I would like the show but there’s no way I’m going to subject myself to that ear-splitting accent.

4. Diz says:

I was on the fence about a couple of these, but it looks like Elementary will be the only one i’m going to check out.

5. Maria Flor de Luna says:

Not available for viewing in my country. Sad :(

6. girl says:

Well done television, thanks for making progress in gender roles on television. Putting a beautiful woman like Sophia Bush with a short, average looking (fittingly named) Joe but God forbid there ever be an attractive man with an unattractive woman. This should be believable. And since you are clearly behind a few generations, that was sarcasm.

• Babygate says:

But it is what CBS does best: cater to the male demographic. Out of their entire line up only one has a female lead: The Good Wife which gets mediocre ratings even with all the acclaim. Unforgettable got cancelled so there went the second one. Two Broke Girls is a third but it’s a comedy starring beautiful girls and filled with sexual innuendo and crass, sexist jokes. So, yeah, that’s CBS for you…

• Mike says:

Short he is 5’7, average height for males is 5’9 so not that short.

• Well, I for one think that David Krumholtz is VERY attractive. What did Miss Piggy say about giving the beholder a black eye?

• ernie says:

That’s exactly what works in comedy: Really handsome men. I think they were more concerned with casting a talented man than a model. And good for them! Bryan Greenberg (hunk) was cast in a multicam pilot, and was immediately replaced. Why? It is totally believable that Sophia (who is in heels) would date a cute average looking guy like Krumholtz. And by the way, Krumholtz is pretty hot in his own right. Silly comment.

7. Danielle H says:

Zomg… Partners looks awesome! Michael URIE IS BACK !!!!

8. Meg says:

Boo :( …Not available in my country.

9. Josh says:

I love Sophia but Partners looks terrible. Most of the characters seem incredibly annoying, particularly Michael Urie’s character. Very disappointing.

10. lara says:

As an Eli Stone fan, I cannot WAIT for Elementary – it definitely has the possibility to become Bones 3 (after Castle, obvs), but I like it so far. And, Partners seems like a good CBS comedy – it’s a bit predictable and done before, but it’s not awful.

11. rdwillard says:

Have to agree with previous comments regarding Partners. A desperate attempt to remake Will and Grace, which, frankly, I didn’t find that funny the first time around. This one looks unbearable. Vegas shows potential, the story is interesting and the actors are good, but they’re trying to build a series on a concept that looks like it’s more suited for a movie. I doubt it’ll have lasting power. Made in Jersey bothers me for two reasons: it’s another ‘oh, look, she looks dumb but she’s really brilliant’ show, which bugs the crap out of me, and it’s another law show, which I’m sick of. If it lasts more than one season I’ll be shocked. Elementary may have staying power, but it’ll have to avoid some major pitfalls. Frankly, if two of these shows are around in three years I’ll be shocked.

12. Andrea says:

Elementary gives me a Castle vibe and I’m obsessed with Castle. It looks a lot better than the original preview. Partners looks good too.’

13. meggo says:

I dont know about Elementary. But I do know I love Johnny Lee Miller, so I will be there probably the whole run! But am so into the Masterpiece Sherlock, that it’ll be hard to keep an open mind to an American one.

• Jennifer says:

In my head i just kept comparing it to Sherlock. I don’t know if anything can compare to it.

• Kerry says:

I agree! The whole time I watched that preview I just kept thinking how much better Benedict Cumberbatch is as Sherlock. It’s crazy to me that they would even attempt this show. They are always going to be compared to Sherlock and I don’t think that they will ever be as good. Not saying that it wont be okay, or even good – just that Sherlock is better. Seriously, you can’t beat Cumberbatch and Freeman with Gatiss and Moffat writing!

• AB says:

True, but this one has one thing on the Masterpiece Sherlock – it won’t be 3 episodes and then wait a year (or longer) and Johnny Lee Miller looks like he’ll make almost as good a Holmes as Cumberbatch. Of course, no one can be as good a Watson as Martin Freeman, but the fact that this modern-day Sherlock Holmes will at least be a weekly, full season is a bonus.

• Line says:

True, but this is also why Sherlock is so good. Each episode is made with such care, they take their time, and it shows. Of course the busy planning of the two lead actors is also one of the factor that explain the very short seasons, but each episode is like a mini-movie. If this is the price to “pay” to have such great quality TV, I’ll gladly pay it.

As for Elementary in itself… I can’t help but make the comparison between the two shows too, and I find it a little bit easy for the creators to try and benefit from the success of Sherlock. Maybe I’m making the false assumption that the idea for Elementary came after the beggining of Sherlock, but still…

• MJ says:

The idea for Elementary did come after Sherlock. CBS wanted to buy the rights from the BBC to make an american remake of Sherlock (like The Office) but they didn’t agree, so cbs decided to make their own version.

• meggo says:

AB: Oh I know! I’m going to be so glad to have something in between the Masterpiece Sherlock episodes. It’s way too long! We American’s don’t have patience!

14. Juliana says:

Partners looks funny!

15. Tran says:

Grades for CBS’ new Fall shows: Partners = C-. Vegas = B+. Elementary = B. Made in Jersey = D.

16. Shepherd says:

Wasn’t going to watch Elementary, but that trailer (plus the previous teaser) has peaked my interest. Even though Sherlock Holmes has been tackled countless times, I like the vibe to this new incarnation; kind of reminds me of House (old, YEARS ago, when it was still good, House) which is all very meta.

17. ZmaX says:

Elementary seems to be garbing more of my attention with each preview/trailer. Reminds me of The Mentalist, which is a GOOD thing :) (hopefully they slowly flesh out Sherlock ‘s past and specifically why he’s in America now)

At first i thought that Partners sounded like a fun show, but with each preview, I’m less interested in it and a bit annoyed. The jokes are cliche and it does seem predictable, but I’ll give it a few episodes before i make my final decision. However, I’m really glad for Sophia Bush, she’s on a big boy network now :D for her sake, the show better last!

Being a 60’s period piece, Vegas will either be a hit or crash in burn, but it has some amazing star power, it’s just not my cup of tea.

Made in Jersey looks like a fun show and I really like that “Big, Family” aspect of it, but it’s up against Nikita, so I won’t be watching live. Might check it out online if I like the first few episodes.

18. Autumn says:

Elementary looks great. Really looking forward to it.

19. Natalie says:

Thanks for the sneak peeks. “Partners” looks somewhat funny but is it too “Will & Grace” 2.0? Noticed the similarities before it even said, from the producers of… I know “there are no new ideas–” but they have their own Karen, Will-the responsible one, Jack-the silly, irresponsible one, and their own Grace. And the jokes are very similar too, though only one reminded me of the wittiness of “W&G”. IDK. As I said, really enjoyed the original, but this one didn’t make me laugh much either, so we’ll see…
    “Vegas” seems to have good potential and Chiklis is awesome. Love Carrie Ann Moss ever since ‘Matrix’. I like the mix of flavors with the west and the east clashing. Being set in the past seems a bit cool. And I’m taking it that this is a procedural too, not a character-based show. Since it’s CBS, I’m assuming that’s the case.
    “Elementary” looks great. The peek was the only one that held my interest consistently all the way through. It was funny, interesting, and I love that Watson’s a girl. Liu and Johnny Lee Miller seem good together. Even though BBCA has its own version of this, this one looks like, if you’re open-minded enough, one of the best offerings of the new season’s shows that I’ve seen.
    “Made in Jersey” looks okay. I got a slight “Nanny”-esque vibe from it. Like the others there is good potential but it’s hit-and-miss a bit in the preview. Small town girl makes good is a well-used and well-liked base but there do seem to be a little too many clichés in there, which could make it too predictable and boring. Also the pop music in the promo seemed a bit too teeny bopper. I’m not sure what sort of feel they’re going for though. It gives it more of a dramedy, don’t take this too serious, shallow feel to it. Loved that Stephanie March is in this playing a lawyer. I also like the family aspect to it.
    Overall, “Elementary” looks the best, followed by “Vegas” then “Made in Jersey” and then “Partners” for my money. I think of all of these, “Elementary” is a solid bet. The others I need to see more to get more of a feel to know for sure. Thanks again for the sneak peeks. It was fun getting a little sample during the long summer wait. Too bad “Smash” didn’t do that before it had the whole season in the can.

20. tahina says:

Partners I’ll give it a C-and Michael Urie a D. Soo Ugly Betty.
    Elementary..a B for Lucy Lu, I can’t think any other reason to listen a heavy cockney accent for 60 minutes..unless its Hugh Laurie, then I’ll make an exception.!! :) .

21. Babygate says:

Partners is not as funny as I would have thought but I love, LOVE Michael Urie so this one has my vote. Vegas: not interested. Elementary should be a hit with CBS’ usual demo but I find it annoyingly dark and over the top. Like an amped up and less endearing version of Monk. Made in Jersey comes across as formulaic. Like they didn’t put much effort into it because they knew it would go on Fridays. If there is nothing else going on and I happen to be watching tv, I may give it a try. I like the concept but it’s been done ad nauseum.

• Babygate says:

I just realized that ‘Elementary’ will be on Thursdays at 10pm. That’s my Scandal time so now I know for sure I won’t be checking it out.

22. Vivien says:

Partners seems like a slightly changed Will and Grace if you ask me

23. Mike says:

Partners looks Amazing

A

24. Melody Paris says:

I’m so excited about Elementary. Everything I see and hear about that show just makes me happy inside.

25. I’m not saying that Elementary looks bad and I’ll definitely give it a try but the comments above, calling it Bones 3.0 or Castle 2.0, are exactly the reason why I don’t feel excited about it. Because I’m afraid that CBS will turn it into yet another will-they, won’t-they.

Let’s face it, changing Watson’s gender WILL change the dynamic of the Holmes & Watson relationship, the only way it wouldn’t would be if they made Holmes gay or Watson lesbian. If they are both straight, CBS’ audience WILL demand that they get together and the writers WILL make the relationship about UST, not about friendship, that’s just American TV, call me a cynic. In the US TV, a man and a woman CAN’T be friends.

And I really don’t like the changes they made with Watson’s character. Out of a decorated, wounded war hero and a brilliant doctor who moved in with Holmes of his own volition, they made a doctor who lost her licence, never been to war, a glorified nurse hired by Holmes’ father – Monk’s Sharona anyone? In an attempt to avoid Sherlock’s lawsuit, they copycatted Monk.

Luckily, I love Jonny Lee Miller and I will give it a try but I hope it’s better than it sounds on paper.

• MyrtleMartha says:

I certainly agree with your criticism of the changes made in Watson. If CBS had used a minority male for the part and then made all those changes, there would have been an explosion of anger about the obvious racism. But all CBS has to do is make the character a female and most people seem to take the attitude that not serving her country in the military, failing as a doctor, squealing and ducking behind others at the sight of a murder victim (as the trailer shows), being a hired nanny/mommy/caretaker to the male, and being spoken of by the man she serves in a derogatory way before his colleagues is just, golly gee, what Conan Doyle’s strong, brave, and admirable Watson would just naturally become with female reproductive anatomy. Sexism sells, and the CBS Elementary is sexist enough to be a big success. Monk’s Sherona was never portrayed in such a negative light, but the point here is that Sherona isn’t a female version of a far more admirable male character. Joan Watson is, because CBS chose to make this Monk rip-off with the names of Holmes and Watson to feed off the publicity from the movies and the BBC Sherlock. The big mystery to me is why a woman like Lucy Liu would lower herself to take such a part.

26. Patrick maloney says:

Vegas looks like the best one to me

27. Hailie says:

is there any way to watch these if i am in canada??

• Renee says:

I think someone mentioned the last time clips were posted, that you could go to the shows Facebook pages and see them. But I didn’t test that so I’m not positive.

28. Cathy says:

Some of these shows look very expensive, so as an audience, if you like it, make sure you watch it, or else it won’t be worth getting invested in it, because they’ll pull the plug quickly.

Also, a note to CBS: I will never watch every series when it airs, but will watch some of it on my computer. You need to start making it available, because otherwise you’re not being fair to some of your shows. The Mentalist and Person of Interest are two shows I’d like to see online, and not pulled after half a season. Don’t do that to the new shows, too.

29. Chris says:

I was not impressed with any of the trailers. The worst one was Partners: a supposed comedy without a single funny joke. Next worst was the grating Made in Jersey. It might have almost worked twenty or thirty years ago. Maybe. Vegas was fairly boring, and Elementary looks like a poor person’s Mentalist.

30. Dude says:

I absolutely adore Sophia Bush and would watch her read the phonebook so obviously going to check this out. The trailer didn’t totally wow me but I didn’t hate it either. Lots of classic comedies took a while to find their footing so I’m hoping it improves but for now, I feel like this is a show people will watch for the actors and/or because there’s nothing else on.

31. Barb says:

Partners looks terrible. I pass.
    But the CBS dramas looks great. All of them,

32. ragincajun says:

My impressions:

I loved the promos for Elementary and Vegas. Elementary should appeal to the same audience as The Mentalist and could possibly skew a little younger. Vegas seems like something totally different for the network, but if they write the show like The Good Wife and Blue Bloods where there are ongoing storylines to supplement the usual procedural case of the week, I see no reason CBS’s audience won’t accept it. Oh, and there is one other thing that could help Vegas. The promos prominently feature Muse Watson, who played Gibb’s mentor, Franks, on NCIS and he is a HUGE fan favorite and CBS could use this to promote the show which will air after NCIS and NCIS LA.

Partners was eh, but CBS has never had a track record where the pilots for their comedies have been particularly great. 2.5 Men, TBBT, M&M, and RoE all had pilots that were universally panned by the critics. The nets’ strength is picking up shows that have potential and then making subtle changes in subsequent episodes to improve the show. The net should definitely tone down Urie’s character so he is not so nelly, and I would hire a couple of recurring characters to make the show feel a little less like Will & Grace 2.0. My first suggestion would be to hire Judd Hirsch as the father of David’s character and Lainie Kazan as the mother of Michael’s character and give the show more of a family comedy vibe.

As for Made in Jersey, I wasn’t particularly impressed, but the promo really didn’t turn me off either. It looks like a show that could do well on USA or TNT, which would be good for a Friday broadcast network show. As a matter of fact, one of the show’s executive producers, Dana Calvo, has been a producer on such series as Covert Affairs, Franklin & Bash, and Greek.

33. caranemicaa says:

The uploader has not made these videos available in your country.

Freaking brilliant. Good thing I can find all the videos on Youtube.

34. Pamela says:

Vegas and Elementary look good. I will try both.
    But Partners is going to be the first flop for CBS this season. The promo really sucks.

35. Dude#4 says:

I’ll give ELEMENTARY a look, but only on the condition that Jill Flint is casted as Irene Adler in a few episodes to tease and taunt Sherlock!

36. bkwrm says:

I’m boycotting Made in Jersey because of the stereotypical AND incorrect accent. She is supposed to be from Trenton, which is South Jersey. That is not a South Jersey accent.

• Volcfom says:

I agree. You’d think everyone would have accents if it’s set in New York! North Jersey’s accents are from the runoff from New York. NJ has been the joke of Hollywood for decades, but I’m sick of all the recent NJ shows that don’t give it justice. It’s amazing that the only TV show that came close to real NJ was [H]ouse.

37. Julia says:

Just please, please leave Sherlock and Watson’s relationship platonic. If it ever does veer towards romance, I’m done.

38. SunA says:

Partners SUCKS!!! LOL
    But I can’t wait for Vegas with Jason Momoa and Elementary.

39. s says:

I would watch Elementary if they got rid of Lucy Liu. I don’t know what it is about her but she just seems disingenuous. Miller seems great for the role but at 39 he still seems young enough to be a damaged Holmes. But you know at 44 even though Liu looks great, her face simply does not MOVE. Maybe that is my issue with her. When she smiles, her face doesn’t move, when she is sad…her face doesn’t move, when she is upset…SHE CAN”T EMOTE!

40. Velvet says:

Partners is going to tank. We’ll see how Vegas does. I like the cowboy aspect but I can’t I don’t like Chiklis. I can’t stand east coast accents so I won’t be watching “Jersey” anything. Elementary didn’t grab me.

41. shua zhan says:

PARTNERS is great!Michael urie was my top love!Wish CBS KEEP THIS !i bet u have no idea how chinese show sucks.anyway,good luck!

42. shua zhan says:

this is the BEST show i had ever saw!It’s perfect!the theme song:on top of the world is wonderful !!!!