Hot for Summer: 100 Premiere Dates and More!

Now that May sweeps has swept on by and the “in-season” TV season has passed … well, don’t put down that remote just yet. Not by a stretch. Because it is time to (So You Think You Can) Dance, solve more White Collar crimes, taunt those Pretty Little Liars, return to Dallas, Suits up, play with some Political Animals, say farewell to Eureka and more.

Here are more than 100 dates, from series premieres (shown in blue, with a brief summary) to returning faves, with a few finales and specials thrown in.

Preemptive P.S. My calendar-making skills are not infallible, so if you spot something that is missing, drop a note in Comments and I’ll make updates as warranted. But really, I cast an atypically wide net this go-round, so if it’s not here, it’s, like, the 37th iteration of a cupcake show or exploitainment TV.

May 2012: Save the Dates!

THURSDAY, MAY 24
8/7c Duets (ABC) | Kelly Clarkson, John Legend, Robin Thicke and Jennifer Nettles mentor and sing along with aspiring recording artists, in this new competition series.
8 pm So You Think You Can Dance (Fox)
8 pm On the Fly (TLC) | A behind-the-scenes look at the modern air travel experience.
10 pm Rookie Blue (ABC) | Get Season 3 preview!
10 pm Men at Work (TBS) | Four buds work at a magazine. (Get details.)
10 pm Tattoo School (TLC) | Wannabe inkers study at the World’s Only Tattoo School in Shreveport, La.

FRIDAY, MAY 25
10 pm Insane or Inspired? (Syfy) | Weekly countdown of the craziest and most exciting viral videos.

SATURDAY, MAY 26
8 pm How to Be a Gentleman (CBS) | Burn-off time!
9 pm Supershark (Syfy) | TV-movie; though I like to think all sharks are super.

SUNDAY, MAY 27
8 pm The National Memorial Day Concert (PBS) | Hosted by Gary Sinise and Joe Mantegna
9 pm Shadow of Fear (Lifetime) | TV-movie; Will Estes (Blue Bloods) stalks Amanda Righetti (The Mentalist)

MONDAY, MAY 28
8 pm Basketball Wives (VH1) | Season 4 finale
9 pm Hatfields & McCoys (History) | Three-night miniseries starring Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton (Big Love).
9 pm Hemingway & Gellhorn (HBO) | TV-movie about the love affair between literary master Ernest Hemingway (Clive Owen) and war correspondent Martha Gellhorn (Nicole Kidman).
9 pm Cake Boss (TLC)
9 pm Gene Simmons’ Family Jewels (A&E)
9 pm Single Ladies (VH1)

TUESDAY, MAY 29
9 pm HGTV Design Star (HGTV)
10 pm Tosh.0 (Comedy Central)
10:30 pm Workaholics (Comedy Central)
8 pm The Catalina (The CW) | Hang with the young, wild staff of The Catalina hotel in Miami’s South Beach.
9 pm Road Trip With G. Garvin (Cooking) | Chef Gerry Garvin explores the country’s best eats.

WEDNESDAY, MAY 30
8 pm Dogs in the City (CBS) | Dog guru Justin Silver resolves issues between canines and their owners.
8 pm Melissa & Joey (ABC Family)

THURSDAY, MAY 31
8 pm Breaking Pointe (The CW) | A look inside the elite Salt Lake City Ballet Company, Ballet West.
10 pm Mountain Men (History) | Three men devote their lives to survival in its simplest form. Yep, no wi-fi.

CLICK HERE FOR JUNE CALENDAR

1. Wes says:

I don’t see Tron: Uprising (June 7, 9pm, DisneyXD) on the list.

2. Brandy says:

Sat. June 2 from 9 amto 2 pm Lifetime is having a Drop Dead Diva Marathon.Tues June 5 from 10 am to 6pm abcfamily is having a Pretty Little Liars Marathon.

3. smidnite says:

Just thought I’d mention: The Catalina is produced by Eric Bischoff. I’m sure that for some this will be a deciding factor one way or another.

• smidnite says:

My bad, I forgot to mention that in the mid 1990s Mr. Bischoff turned TNT’s World Championship Wrestlings Monday Nitro into just about the hottest show on cable, discovered Bill Goldberg; but by 2001 his out of control spending allowed rival World Wrestling Entertainment to take the company over. He has since been involved in other reality shows involving Scott Baio and Billy Ray Cyrus as well as Hulk Hogan’s Celebrity Championship Wrestling.

As I said, some may squee at the news; while others run for the hills.

4. Jen says:

Did I miss Haven on the list?

5. Lime says:

Masterchef! So excited!

6. tvdiva says:

Thank you so much frr this wonderful calendar and including SyFy show dates. FYI – Haven Season 3 premieres September 21st.

7. Britta Unfiltered says:

I do appreciate you guys trying to keep all things Jersey Shore under the radar, and that was a good burn on Kendra. :)
    Weeds and Episodes will be a nice way to spend July, and I’m hella excited for Breaking Bad. Who wouldn’t be? I suppose I’ll stick with Hell on Wheels. I didn’t care for the first season, but I noticed that with The Killing, I liked the 2nd season a lot better than the first, so that might apply here too. After a pretty good first season of Boss, I’m looking forward to continuing with that. I think the Emmys for best drama actor are going to be quite a knock down drag-out fight this year between Kelsey Grammer and Bryan Cranston.
    Really, really looking forward to trying out The Newsroom, and I’m so glad they found a better title for the show. I also couldn’t be more excited about Louie! And even Wilfred I would like to watch again. Burn Notice and Futurama will be a nice way to pass the time next month once the days get too hot go out. I do love me some Bruce Campbell hammy acting.
    I am a bit surprised to see that there aren’t premiere dates for It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League yet? Seems like they usually premiere in the summer, and it feels like forever since they’ve been on. I do admit I’ve been steadily falling out of love with Sunny since Season 4, so it’s not that huge a deal if they’re pushed back, but I am really excited to pick back up with The League. I hope it’s not cancelled. And I do hope they bring Brie Larson back to play with Rafi.
    I keep thinking about this game show thing where you try to figure out if you’re normal or not? That is bizarre. First of all, you should just already know. Second of all, nobody is normal. We’re all screwed up in our own little ways. Normal doesn’t exist. Sounds like kind of a dumb show. You failed on this one, Oprah.

8. Vanessa says:

I’ll be watching Saving Hope. The cast is pretty awesome. I’ll probably watch True Blood too.

9. Ayana says:

What I don’t get is why you guys hate these reality stars. Its not like they’ve done anything to you.

10. Kayla says:

Super freaking stoked that Suits and Burn Notice are coming back on the same day.

11. Katie says:

Thank you so much for this list!

12. ErikMarie says:

Thank you so much, I’ve been looking for a comprehensive list (most only list the “popular” shows). Also, nice “Supernatural” reference. ^_^

13. Lora Pereira says:

Flashpoint was renewed for another season, however, it was picked up by a different network – ION Television. I believe it starts sometime later this month.

14. smidnite says:

Hey Matt; you can insert Project Runway July 19.

15. Jackie says:

What about Suits? You didn’t mention it and its a show worth watching.

16. Jackie says:

Never mind on the Suits. I found it, thanks!

17. Ayana says:

Degrassi starts its summer season on July 16

18. Derek says:

TV shows suck ass now, unless your watchin Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad. Syfy channel hasn’t had science fiction shows in years, in fact there is absolutely no decent scifi at all, replaced with nothing but reality shows, cooking shows, wrestling and really really cheap sci fi show knockoffs (Alcatraz, Falling Skies…..). I feel bad for this generation!!!

19. Ty sunn says:

alphas on mondays. white collars on tuesdays… royal pains on wednesday rookiblue.. burn notice on thursdays and friday saturday..go to movies… sundays falling skies weeds trueblood breaking bad and leverage… summer tvs not all bad :)

20. Wow, marvelous blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is wonderful, let alone the content!. Thanks For Your article about Summer TV Shows 2012 Guide & .