TVLine Items: Spartacus' Super-Sized Marathon, General Hospital Adds Suds Vet and More!

Spartacus is taking over Starz this summer.

The pay cabler announced Thursday plans to air in chronological order all 29 episodes of the series’ three iterations: Gods of the Arena, Blood and Sand and Vengeance.

The mega-marathon (to air Friday nights from 9/8c – 11 pm) kicks off on June 8 with the Spartacus: Gods of the Arena premiere, and will run through August 10, concluding with Vengeance‘s series finale.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Suds vet Richard Steinmetz (ex-Martin, Passions; ex-Jeff, Loving) is joining General Hospital as the son of a former character (any guesses?) who has a major story arc opposite Sonny Corinthos, Soap Opera Digest reports.

• Top Chef Masters Season 4 is slated to premiere Wednesday, July 25 at 10/9c on Bravo.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (9)

• My guess is Steinmetz will be Ric Lansing. I hope not, but that’s the only one I could think of that would have business with Sonny.

Comment by Amanda – May 24, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Says he the son of a former character. Ric was already established so if it was him I would think it would be announced as a recast.

I’m guessing Frank Smith has another son floating around in the world and that’s him.

Comment by Meg – May 24, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Son of Frank Smith was my first thought as well.

Comment by Nichole – May 24, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The actor is in his 50s so I don’t think it’s Ric’s kid unless he’s been rapidly aged.

Comment by guest – May 24, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My immediate guess was Gino Soleto’s son/Johnny’s half-brother, but I don’t know if Gino was ever on GH (this was before I started watching GH) and I don’t know what business he would have with Sonny. As long as he’s not another one of Sonny’s long-lost children, I’m good.

Comment by Deb dee – May 24, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who DOESN’T have a major story arc with Sonny? Ugh…

Comment by Ashley – May 24, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Megan, Can you check with Starz and see if they are removing the spoiler from Blood and Sand that appeared at the beginning of Gods of the Arena? Gods of the Arena was a prequel, but aired after Blood and Sand and they showed a pivotal spoilery scene at the beginning.

Comment by DonJ1973 – May 24, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just sent a Tweet to Steven S. DeKnight, Spartatus’ showrunner, and he replied back that you have to watch Spartacus in the order that it aired for new fans. The spoiler at the beginning of Gods of the Arena will still be there.

Comment by djariya – May 24, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anthony’s long lost other son? I guess the mob isn’t going away…

Comment by Barbara – May 24, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post