Fall TV Preview

Fall TV Scoop: JoAnna Garcia Tapped as New Female Lead on NBC's Animal Practice

JoAnna Garcia (Better With You, Privileged) has replaced Amy Huberman as the female lead on Animal Practice, NBC’s new fall workplace comedy.

Practice (airing Wednesdays at 8/7c) stars Weeds‘ Justin Kirk as Dr. George Coleman, a House-like veterinarian who loves animals but usually hates their owners.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Versus What?

Garcia — who is coming off an extended arc on the USA Network hit Royal Pains — takes over the role of Dorothy, George’s former girlfriend and current boss at the animal hospital.

Huberman was let go for creative reasons.

Press PLAY below to watch the official Animal Practice trailer.

Comments (26)

• Sad for Amy Huberman, but more JoAnna Garcia on my TV is never a bad thing.

Comment by wordsmith – May 24, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this show will be great. It has three characters that I’m already stoked about and know are funny – Justin Kirk (Weeds), Bobby Lee (MadTV) and Annie’s Boobs (I don’t know the Monkey’s name, but Community). I’m not familiar with the actress but she seems okay.

Comment by kavyn – May 24, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The monkey’s name is Crystal. :)

Comment by liddad – May 26, 2012 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man, I kinda hope this one works out for her.

And if it doesn’t, she could always join Once Upon a Time as a certain red-haired mermaid. :D

Comment by Summer – May 24, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My first thought was honestly “oh, I guess she won’t be Ariel then :(”
      Selfish, know

Comment by Addie – May 24, 2012 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ohhhhh! she’d be a perfect Ariel!! i never thought of that. glad she got this role on Animal Practice. i’ll like the show more now.

Comment by Elyse – May 25, 2012 03:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this works out for her she is so talented unfortunately the show doesn’t look promising

Comment by M – May 24, 2012 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two words, Betsy Sodaro. She is playing the receptionist and I would guess she will be the breakout character, which is saying something for a show with a cast this good. I’ve seen Betsy perform a lot at different improv shows around Los Angeles, and trust me, even if the writers only come up with mediocre lines, this woman will find a way to make them hilarious. I agree, this show may be too quirky to become a mainstream success, but with people like Betsy, Justin Kirk, and Joanna Garcia on board, at least the performances will be hilarious.

Comment by CF – May 24, 2012 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ooh, I was on the fence with this show. LOVE Justin Kirk on Weeds (please tell me that he can do both??? MUST have Andy back on Weeds this summer!) but I was like eh I don’t know about this show. However, I LOVE Joanna Garcia too so now I have 2 really great people to watch, might be enough to push me over the edge to check this one out after all.

Comment by April Marie Owens Villone – May 24, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh I love crazy comedy. This looks as bonkers as Weeds but without any illegal activities! I can see why they replace her. She was playing it a bit too straight. Whereas JoAnna Garcia can be serious and funny. Can’t wait.

Comment by Izzy – May 24, 2012 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Justin Kirk and JoAnna Garcia sounds like a killer funny combination! I can’t wait for the pilot.

Comment by NCSouthernBelle – May 24, 2012 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can they just bring Privileged back already?

Comment by Dude – May 24, 2012 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They forgot to mention Reba.

Comment by Steven Leitner – May 24, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why waste her talents on this trainwreck?

Comment by chris – May 24, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly…..I heard it’s gonna tank bad unless the trailer was misleading.Love her though.

Comment by Shaun – May 24, 2012 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this show is good…. I love her and want to see her on a show that finally makes it.

Comment by Kris – May 24, 2012 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Justin Kirk and JoAnna Garcia, but this looks horrible.

Comment by bob – May 24, 2012 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh boy oy, IMO from what I’ve read and seen this show doesn’t look good whatsoever. I lover JoAnna from Reba and what little of Privelaged I’ve seen, but this show sounds like a trainweck

Comment by Bradley Martens – May 24, 2012 11:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JoAnna!!! Find a good show! Every show your in gets one season, or you just play guest parts! Animal Practice look’s terrible!

Comment by Conor Shanahan (@ConorShanahan) – May 25, 2012 12:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just like Summer Glau (except for T:SCC).

Comment by Steven Leitner – May 25, 2012 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Reba,so not all shows….

Comment by Shaun – May 25, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JoAnna is adorable and I’m happy to see her on TV, but this? Ugh. The promo looks ridiculously bad.

Comment by Tee – May 25, 2012 05:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This looks like a terrible show, but I was going to watch it for the animals anyway. She’ll be a nice breath of fresh air on the human side of things, at least.

Comment by RS – May 25, 2012 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good casting choice change. Going to be a great match with Justin Kirk’s hilarity. I like how people either really enjoy or hate this trailer. I am all about silly and ridiculous comedy so I’m looking forward to this show over most pilots this year.

Comment by Gem – May 25, 2012 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JoAnna Garcia is a show killer. Expect this to get cancelled.

Comment by A – May 25, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post