Fall TV Scoop: JoAnna Garcia Tapped as New Female Lead on NBC's Animal Practice

JoAnna Garcia (Better With You, Privileged) has replaced Amy Huberman as the female lead on Animal Practice, NBC’s new fall workplace comedy.

Practice (airing Wednesdays at 8/7c) stars Weeds‘ Justin Kirk as Dr. George Coleman, a House-like veterinarian who loves animals but usually hates their owners.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Versus What?

Garcia — who is coming off an extended arc on the USA Network hit Royal Pains — takes over the role of Dorothy, George’s former girlfriend and current boss at the animal hospital.

Huberman was let go for creative reasons.

Press PLAY below to watch the official Animal Practice trailer.

1. wordsmith says:

Sad for Amy Huberman, but more JoAnna Garcia on my TV is never a bad thing.

2. kavyn says:

I think this show will be great. It has three characters that I’m already stoked about and know are funny – Justin Kirk (Weeds), Bobby Lee (MadTV) and Annie’s Boobs (I don’t know the Monkey’s name, but Community). I’m not familiar with the actress but she seems okay.

3. Summer says:

Man, I kinda hope this one works out for her.

And if it doesn’t, she could always join Once Upon a Time as a certain red-haired mermaid. :D

• Addie says:

My first thought was honestly “oh, I guess she won’t be Ariel then :(”
      Selfish, know

• Elyse says:

ohhhhh! she’d be a perfect Ariel!! i never thought of that. glad she got this role on Animal Practice. i’ll like the show more now.

4. M says:

I hope this works out for her she is so talented unfortunately the show doesn’t look promising

5. CF says:

Two words, Betsy Sodaro. She is playing the receptionist and I would guess she will be the breakout character, which is saying something for a show with a cast this good. I’ve seen Betsy perform a lot at different improv shows around Los Angeles, and trust me, even if the writers only come up with mediocre lines, this woman will find a way to make them hilarious. I agree, this show may be too quirky to become a mainstream success, but with people like Betsy, Justin Kirk, and Joanna Garcia on board, at least the performances will be hilarious.

6. Ooh, I was on the fence with this show. LOVE Justin Kirk on Weeds (please tell me that he can do both??? MUST have Andy back on Weeds this summer!) but I was like eh I don’t know about this show. However, I LOVE Joanna Garcia too so now I have 2 really great people to watch, might be enough to push me over the edge to check this one out after all.

7. Izzy says:

Oh I love crazy comedy. This looks as bonkers as Weeds but without any illegal activities! I can see why they replace her. She was playing it a bit too straight. Whereas JoAnna Garcia can be serious and funny. Can’t wait.

8. NCSouthernBelle says:

Justin Kirk and JoAnna Garcia sounds like a killer funny combination! I can’t wait for the pilot.

9. Dude says:

Can they just bring Privileged back already?

10. Steven Leitner says:

They forgot to mention Reba.

11. chris says:

Why waste her talents on this trainwreck?

12. Kris says:

I hope this show is good…. I love her and want to see her on a show that finally makes it.

13. bob says:

I really like Justin Kirk and JoAnna Garcia, but this looks horrible.

14. Oh boy oy, IMO from what I’ve read and seen this show doesn’t look good whatsoever. I lover JoAnna from Reba and what little of Privelaged I’ve seen, but this show sounds like a trainweck

15. JoAnna!!! Find a good show! Every show your in gets one season, or you just play guest parts! Animal Practice look’s terrible!

16. Tee says:

JoAnna is adorable and I’m happy to see her on TV, but this? Ugh. The promo looks ridiculously bad.

17. RS says:

This looks like a terrible show, but I was going to watch it for the animals anyway. She’ll be a nice breath of fresh air on the human side of things, at least.

18. Gem says:

Good casting choice change. Going to be a great match with Justin Kirk’s hilarity. I like how people either really enjoy or hate this trailer. I am all about silly and ridiculous comedy so I’m looking forward to this show over most pilots this year.

19. A says:

JoAnna Garcia is a show killer. Expect this to get cancelled.