Ratings: House Checks Out With a 16-Week High

Fox’s House wrapped up its eight-season run with a total of 8.7 million viewers watching the medical drama’s very final hour, while scoring a 2.9 demo rating. That marks a 30 percent increase week-to-week and a 16-week high, plus the total audience nearly matched the Season 6 finale (which drew 8.9 mil).

The retrospective teeing up the swan song opened the night with 6.15 million viewers and a 2.0 rating, placing third in the 8 o’clock hour.

RECAP | The House Series Finale: Did Everybody Die?!

Elsewhere on Monday….

* Dancing With the Stars‘ final performance night was watched by 16.5 million total viewers and scored a 2.8 demo rating, up a few percentage points from last Monday but way shy of the 22 mil-plus who caught a year ago’s final dance-off.

RECAP | Dancing With the Stars Season 14 Finals: Who Should Win the Mirrorball Trophy?

* Week 2 of The Bachelorette (7.7 mil/2.4) was down a few percentage points.

* America’s Got Talent (9.5 mil/3.1) dropped 9 and 16 percent week-to-week, yet easily led the night in the demo. American Ninja Warrior premiered out of that with 6.1 mil and a 2.4, up sharply (52 and 40 percent) from last summer’s finale.

What were you watching this final Monday of May sweeps?

1. Dave says:

kinda sad for a show that averaged over 19-million viewers per week five years ago.

• Rolfe says:

Is NCIS even averaging 19 million a week now? I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever see a series average more than 20 million viewers ever again.

• H.A.R. says:

Well we would see that if the ratings system were finally brought out of the dark ages and they could count ALL the numbers. There’s network website streaming (like nbc.com), Hulu, iTunes, DVR, etc. Get with the times, ratings!

• Boiler says:

I totally agree. I don’t even mind commercials in them if they change them up. Also they need to change demographic. We have an aging population and people 50+ actually care what is on and probably don’t like reality as much

• # says:

Yeah, it is. Just finished up its 9th season too.

2. Mike says:

Last summer’s finale?!? I feel like I’ve never heard of American Ninja Warrior before.

• American Ninja Warrior aired it’s first three seasons on the G4 network, but last summer they aired the season 3 finale on NBC (as a kind of test run, I assume). They’ve changed the format this year, showing the regional qualifying rounds Sundays on G4 and airing the regional finals Mondays on NBC.

3. bad kevin says:

AGT’s ratings were not as good than last week despite Howard Stern’s debut as a judge. Wish they considered to have a better replacement for Piers Morgan at the judges’ table. Guess people were excited as I am when they watched Game Four of the Rangers-Devils series and the Oklahoma City Thunder had the last laugh on Kobe and the Lakers. :-(

4. Saint Alicia says:

Damn, House’s numbers are still terrible, particularly for a season finale–especially for a SERIES finale. That’s a whole lotta no1curr. :D

• Justin says:

Those people (I’m guessing you were one of them) must be pretty stupid then. It was a very good finale. Also, Matt pointed out the rating was also identical to the season 6 finale “Help Me” which was probably the 2nd best show of the entire series.

So if “no1curr” they must be mentally impaired people. Guess a show like House just flies over the average American’s head.

• Justin says:

also = almost.

I tried to come back at you in the way I think Dr. Gregory House would. Hope you picked up on that. ;-)

5. erin says:

Fox aired the last episode of House following an hour-long retrospective. The eight-year-old series didn’t approach its scores of previous seasons, or even its recent October opener,
    Hahahahahah!!!!!!

• Justin says:

That’s because you have a lot of people who can’t accept that this series was never meant to be about Huddy.

Great finale and the 2nd to last episode was outstanding. Anyone who reads an article and trolls fans of the show they don’t like on the comment board needs to be checked into a mental institution and seen by Dr. Nolan.

6. Lola says:

Oh, Lord. The comments have taken a major downturn in level of quality on this site.

7. I’m never going to get started watching a series on tv again……I am very sad HOUSE is gone!!!!!

8. H says:

I hoped at least 10 million viewers at the end…this shame…

9. Sg.Grant says:

Paging Jules.

10. Jules says:

@ Sg. Grant
    You r a real …”DOUFUS”- and I’m very polite…stop passing rude comments each time I post something & y did it to Bad Kevin too last Thursday (I checked) – and I don’t know him, but I’m pretty sure he feel the same way.. If yr not interested/unable to write a honest commentaries for this article/s on this post (or others)..Keep yr thoughts
    for yourself instead…

• Sg.Grant says:

Just based on the fact that you spelled doofus incorrectly, my point is made all over again. Thanks.

11. Jules says:

Before my comments be rudely stalked by my “web bully” The thing I want say is..I really enjoyed the finale..not was powerful like ” No Reason”-ssn2 or “House’s Head”- ssn4 or even “BROKEN” was…But fitting to closed the entire 8 yrs…I’m kind a bit dissapointed about the ratings…but it’s ok…
    As for the “Swan Song” retrospective…was wonderful! HLaurie did an amazing job/better than any homage I saw form others series…& proof how he is/was respectful to everyone (cast & crew) “vice/versa” who worked hard to created the series..

12. Charlene says:

I’m not surprised, the show has jumped the shark at the end of the season 3.

13. david says:

Todo fue mal cuando Cameron se fue