90210 Exclusive: Gillian Zinser Not Returning as Series Regular For Season 5

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Ivy is getting a demotion.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Gillian Zinser will not be returning to 90210 as a series regular for the soap’s fifth season.

The downgrade should come as little surprise considering Ivy was last seen running away to Mexico with her soon-to-be deported boyfriend, Diego, in the show’s season finale.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

A CW rep maintains that Zinser will return as a guest star, although it’s unclear for how many episodes.

Zinser joined the just-renewed CW soap in early Season 2 as West Bev’s token hippie-chic surfer girl.

Are you sad that there will be less Ivy on 90210

Comments (89)

• Wanna make season 5 interesting…bring back Ethan Ward.

Comment by Brenda – June 28, 2012 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg she cannot leave

Comment by kate – July 11, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually think that it is very sily to let go of Gillian in the fifth season because she is a GREAT role model to everyone!! She’s one of the greatest actresses in 90210 & ME for one only watches 90210 because of how amazing Gillian acts. In my opinion 90210 will loose viewers now that Gillian won’t be in it! Thank you :)

Comment by Quanita-Po Ajouhaar_Gillians #1 fan! – July 12, 2012 02:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes I agree, I bought dvds of the 3rd and 4th season and i guess i won’t be buying the fifth since she won’t be there anymore i’ll just watch 90210 on t.v and not care which episode I missed.I just started watching it when her character entered.

Comment by Mica – November 23, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s time for Gillian to leave the show before she gets more boring … we Don’t want Teddy either cause we know his story and he will only come with more drama about coming out and this crap. we need more interesting characters like Ethan from the 1st season or Holly from the 4th season … we don’t want to see Max anymore and we want Ethan back.

Comment by Bill – August 12, 2012 03:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whuttyt..no bring back IVY!
    Anyone remember Ozzie??

Comment by 90210 fans. – October 23, 2012 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you people serious?! This makes me want to cry!! I have loved 90210 from the first episode the only thing i dont like about it is how on and off all of the characters are! Just when you think one is here to stay next season comes along and they are gone. Its so exhausting. I just want the same cast to be the same for good!!

Comment by Natalie – November 8, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • aww i loved her :(

Comment by sara – November 17, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOO! I want her back, there must be a way to let her back. She is my second fav actress. Jeboha!!!!!! LET HER COME BACK I LOOK FORWARD THAT!!!!!

Comment by Alanoud – December 17, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t even notice she was gone when the season started, If that tells you anything. I love Jessica lowndes and think she needs more Air time. I hate Naomi but actually like her with max. I love them all and love the show. Keep max and more air time for Adriana

Comment by Alex – December 30, 2012 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I’m so sad to see her leave, she was the most geniune charcter there, and the show is not the same without her

Comment by Fara – February 27, 2013 02:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :( nooo! she was always my favorite!

Comment by dora – May 7, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WELL, F**K YOU HATERS to those who says her chracter is annoying no it’s not it’s just that you don’t have good enough mind to really get the essence of her character and don’t blame her for being there blame the director producer and whoever it is in charge of the show because it is their job to make a good show, and besides not liking a single chracter may mean not liking the whole show, because remember a piece of pizza is still pizza. And btw to the one who said bad things about her and her character, YOUR MOTTHERS HAD THE WORST PART EVER for giving birth to YOU. And they did another mistake for not teaching you what GOOD really is! I HATE HATERS! Let’s appreciate every character in every show that we watch because they put effort in playing that character and it’s not as easy as it seems.?… So yeah there YES YES i’ll miss her so much.

Comment by Mica – November 23, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post