Fall TV Preview

Fall Sneak Peek: Watch the First Promo For Fox's New Comedy Ben and Kate

The current TV season isn’t over yet but that isn’t stopping Fox from revving up its fall premiere buzz machine now.

Case in point: Tonight, the network is poised to unveil the first promo for its new Tuesday-night comedy Ben and Kate, and we’ve got your exclusive first look at the 30-second spot.

PHOTOS & VIDEO: Fall Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

The sitcom, which will air at 8:30/7:30c as a lead-in to New Girl, revolves around an uptight single mom (played by Dakota Johnson) whose aimless brother (Nat Faxon) moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones).

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Based on this promo (and the full-length trailer), are you inclined to spend 30 minutes with Ben and Kate next season?

Tags: ,

Comments (25)

• Eh. I’ll probably check it out.

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch – May 20, 2012 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ben and Kate: one of the worst new sitcoms coming this Fall. :-(

Comment by bad kevin – May 20, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yup, must be the worst new sitcom this fall. And no one has even seen it yet!

I’m going to be checking it out. I looked at the extended trailer that was released last week during the upfronts and it looks like some great silly and cute fun. I’ll be checking it out.

Comment by Anonymous – May 21, 2012 04:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll give it a shot.

Comment by Lorie – May 20, 2012 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seems vapid and silly, so it should do well.

Comment by charissa29 – May 20, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stupid fox I hate you for canceling terra nova

Comment by :/ – May 20, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This looked like the least interesting pilot to me after reading summaries and cast lists. But this was fairly funny, and the little girl is so cute.

Comment by Barre – May 20, 2012 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely plan to check this one out! But then, I’m willing to try most comedies (unless the premise/promos are really bad), since a half hour pilot is a short time investment. If it makes me laugh, I’ll keep watching, if not, most comedies don’t have a huge underlying question to make me come back like most dramas do, so they tend to be an easy drop.

Comment by Katie Hart (@waterfallbooks) – May 20, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely looks like the best new sitcom and one of the best new shows of this upcoming fall

Comment by Patrick maloney – May 20, 2012 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this will get cancelled.

Comment by A – May 20, 2012 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Promo doesn’t look that funny, but I usually try to give new series a shot.

Comment by N. – May 20, 2012 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awesome! definitely will check it out

Comment by john – May 20, 2012 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The little girl is from “We Bought a Zoo.” She’s adorable. The guy that plays “Ben” is the guy from “Grosse Pointe” that I don’t know, but I call him “Chip” because he looks like a Chip. He’s funny.

Comment by kim – May 20, 2012 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i love that movie.

Comment by leahbh – May 21, 2012 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this looks awful. nat faxon get out now!!

Comment by steven – May 20, 2012 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it won’t make up for no House and The Finder and Alcatraz….looks dumbed down to me.

Comment by rubytu – May 20, 2012 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ‘Non hablo inglés’ it’s spanish not portuguese… stupid people… they dont even know where is portugal.

Comment by mbento28 – May 21, 2012 01:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You don’t watch a lot of comedy, do you? Obviously it’s not Portuguese, but that’s the joke!

Comment by Anonymous – May 21, 2012 04:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • they use that joke so many times that doesn’t have any fun. I Think it’s kind of offensive for us portuguese.

Comment by mbento28 – May 21, 2012 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I would rather watch paint dry… ABC’s new show “Baby Daddy”, while a different take on similar themes seems to be a lot better than this disaster…

Comment by Tommy – May 21, 2012 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love the promo of Ben Kate

Comment by jenikadunn – May 21, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i can’t stand that guy Nat Faxon, Dakota Johnson looks about 12 and not nearly old enough to play a mother of a 4 or 5 year old. the little girl is cute though.

Comment by cyclone – May 21, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doesn’t look horrible.

Comment by Danielle H – May 21, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nope. It’s on FOX. – John

Comment by John Grose – May 21, 2012 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah those imbeciles should be fired for that Portuguese mistake! That’s what happens when you hire ignorant morons whom don’t know the difference between the Portuguese and Spanish language. Hey Fox director/producer, no hablas ingles is Spanish and not Portuguese, Italian, or French!

Comment by Brandon – September 7, 2012 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post