Supernatural Video: Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki Preview the Finale's Big Twists

Get More: Finales, Previews, Scoop, Video

Brace yourselves, Supernatural fans. The CW spookfest is going out with another tense cliffhanger in tonight’s season finale (airing at 9/8c), and we’ve got the stars themselves, Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki, previewing the twisty-turny hour.

VIDEO | Supernatural Finale: Dean and Sam Go Hunting for [Spoiler]

“It definitely gives us somewhere to go in Season 8,” Ackles told TVLine’s Matt Mitovich at The CW’s fall upfront presentation on Thursday. “You’re going to see two fan favorites end up in a place that’s not so friendly.”

Factor in Padalecki’s tease that one of the brothers “is in a lot of trouble,” and, um… consider us officially concerned. (It doesn’t help that new pacifist Cas is basically useless.) Meanwhile, there’s also the issue of Bobby the Angry Ghost. Will he meet his end…again?

Press PLAY to find out what Padalecki and Ackles had to say about their apparitional pal (hint: tears were involved!), whether they’ll be successful in their quest to kill Dick Roman and much more!

RELATED | CW Boss on a Supernatural End Date and More!

Comments (35)

• Could they be going to Hell O_o

Comment by Jenna Harris (@JennaHarris2) – May 18, 2012 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awwww I love them, but surely they can afford razors!! (sorry had to comment!)

Comment by katy917 – May 18, 2012 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aww, they are on vacation. Don’t need to be clean-shaven, especially Jared.

Don’t like the look myself either, though :P

Comment by ninamags – May 18, 2012 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A lot of actors let their beards grow during hiatus. They were joking about it at the upfronts so many of the guys had beards, and Jensen dubbed it “hiatusscruff.” He said that he grows his beard and hair during his months off to get away from Dean and reclaim himself for a while. If he looks exactly the same, he sees Dean when he looks in the mirror.

As for Jared, he said yesterday that he was going to shave for the upfront but his wife likes the beard and asked him to keep him, so he didn’t.

I have clearly watched way too many of the reports from the upfront to know all that.

Comment by Mickey – May 18, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hehe, yes you do, but I probs would too if I had the time ;) ! And it was intended as a joke, they both look pretty HOT, and i don’t generally like beards! What you say makes a lot of sense, too, to take themselves away from Sam and Dean. Jensen sounds totally different from Dean when he talks, it’s weird! lol. But thanks for the info, good to know these things (cuz I’m sad like that!!) :)

Comment by katy917 – May 18, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • **asked him to keep it

Comment by Mickey – May 18, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m just glad to not see Jared’s sideburns… they look weird this season!

Comment by handmadebycris – May 18, 2012 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So they don’t want worry about shaving and being perfect on their hiatus. Nothing wrong with it. In fact I think the scruff looks great on both of them :D Yum.

Comment by raeleee – May 18, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is just too much pretty for one two minute video. *sigh*

Comment by I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) – May 18, 2012 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Obviously Dean and Cas are going to end up in Purgatory, to get the fangirls ship fodder. What happened to keeping the brothers together? I’m already depressed about S8 with spoilers like these

Comment by Lorraine – May 18, 2012 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, good thing nobody’s jumping the gun here. *rolls eyes*

Comment by Marc – May 18, 2012 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I guess sometimes jumping the gun produces the right answers!

Comment by dane – May 20, 2012 04:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please stop the whining and guessing before the show EVEN airs.

Comment by RJ – May 18, 2012 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I can understand wanting to see an end to whining.. but why not guess? Guessing is half the fun!! That’s why we watch spoiler-y videos! :)

Comment by dane – May 18, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • There are multiple spoilers out there (that are not mentioned in these videos) that indicates the brothers will be separated at the end of the season…which I am so not thrilled about. Not thrilled is actually an understatement.

My point is – posts like this are meant for discussions of the article..and discussion involves guesses and what you consider “whining” – expressing your dislike for a possible storyline is not whining. It is stating your opinion.

Comment by Madeline – May 18, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think you’re probably right, sadly…If not, I will be THRILLED to be proven wrong. I still have my fingers crossed it’s Dean and Baby lol

Comment by kelios – May 18, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You were right lol

Comment by Sami – May 18, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome…gotta catch up on Supernatural this summer (I knew it would be renewed so I had to give my attention to Fringe instead). Just one thing, though. What’s with the hair and the beard, Jared?

Comment by raven – May 18, 2012 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So happy Supernatural and Fringe don’t conflict any more! But remember to give your support to Supernatural in the fall. We’ll once again be up against the highest and second highest rated shows on TV!

Comment by Mickey – May 18, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly why I gotta catch up this summer, although I don’t have a neilsen box so it doesn’t really matter anyways.

Comment by raven – May 18, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, if that happens, I will not be watching in Season Eight. However, on the good side, I might be selling my tickets to the Vancouver con for anyone who’s interested!

Comment by Dorothy – May 18, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oops. Wrong place. :)

Comment by Dorothy – May 18, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The tears they were talking about was the episode where Bobby died (Death;s Door). There doesn’t seem to be tears involved in the season finale.

Six seasons and a …. wait. Ten seasons and a movie!

Comment by rowan77 – May 18, 2012 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • or purgatory…oh no

Comment by Barb Kas – May 18, 2012 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I request that Sam rock the beard next season? He looks badass, like SoA badass.

Comment by Isaac – May 18, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is anybody else having problems with the playback? I can’t get past the 19 second mark :(

Comment by ninamags – May 18, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really looking forward to season 8! Wednesdays are gonna be so badass with Arrow/Supernatural.

(Really don’t want to see the brothers apart though Jared, I’ve seen enough of that!)

Comment by Mickey – May 18, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want the Winchesters to evolve past their belief that all ghosts will become angry and lose their sense of identity in the same way that Dean had to come to terms with there being a God, angels, and heaven. There have been times in this show that they have needed to evolve beyond their belief system and this would be a good example of that time. We saw a helpful ghost just what? three episodes ago? Not all ghosts become vengeful. We’re seeing Bobby being as short tempered and as frustrating as he’s always been, just no longer in physical form. I don’t want Jim Beaver leaving the show! NO!

Comment by Flora – May 18, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That Bobby episode made me cry, too. I agree that it was one of the best of the series. Can’t wait for tonight’s finale, but I’m bummed that the season is over at the same time. I’m afraid we might be saying goodbye to Bobby for real at the end of this finale, and that would really make me sad.

Comment by Carrie – May 18, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i cant believe crowley betrayed them and left sam like last time dean is trapped and now we have to wait until next fall and it sucks dean could be killed

Comment by alyssa – May 24, 2012 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it was awsome how dick exploded

Comment by alyssa – May 24, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Certainly. I agree with told all bove. Let’s discuss this question. Here or in PM.

Comment by Window 8 icone edit for Windows 8 – September 24, 2012 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just
    curious if you get a lot of spam feedback?

If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?
    I get so much lately it’s driving me insane so any support is very much appreciated.

Comment by bezilonuvix.wordpress.com – April 30, 2013 01:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post