Supernatural Video: Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki Preview the Finale's Big Twists

Brace yourselves, Supernatural fans. The CW spookfest is going out with another tense cliffhanger in tonight’s season finale (airing at 9/8c), and we’ve got the stars themselves, Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki, previewing the twisty-turny hour.

VIDEO | Supernatural Finale: Dean and Sam Go Hunting for [Spoiler]

“It definitely gives us somewhere to go in Season 8,” Ackles told TVLine’s Matt Mitovich at The CW’s fall upfront presentation on Thursday. “You’re going to see two fan favorites end up in a place that’s not so friendly.”

Factor in Padalecki’s tease that one of the brothers “is in a lot of trouble,” and, um… consider us officially concerned. (It doesn’t help that new pacifist Cas is basically useless.) Meanwhile, there’s also the issue of Bobby the Angry Ghost. Will he meet his end…again?

Press PLAY to find out what Padalecki and Ackles had to say about their apparitional pal (hint: tears were involved!), whether they’ll be successful in their quest to kill Dick Roman and much more!

RELATED | CW Boss on a Supernatural End Date and More!

1. Could they be going to Hell O_o

2. katy917 says:

Awwww I love them, but surely they can afford razors!! (sorry had to comment!)

• ninamags says:

Aww, they are on vacation. Don’t need to be clean-shaven, especially Jared.

Don’t like the look myself either, though :P

• Mickey says:

A lot of actors let their beards grow during hiatus. They were joking about it at the upfronts so many of the guys had beards, and Jensen dubbed it “hiatusscruff.” He said that he grows his beard and hair during his months off to get away from Dean and reclaim himself for a while. If he looks exactly the same, he sees Dean when he looks in the mirror.

As for Jared, he said yesterday that he was going to shave for the upfront but his wife likes the beard and asked him to keep him, so he didn’t.

I have clearly watched way too many of the reports from the upfront to know all that.

• katy917 says:

Hehe, yes you do, but I probs would too if I had the time ;) ! And it was intended as a joke, they both look pretty HOT, and i don’t generally like beards! What you say makes a lot of sense, too, to take themselves away from Sam and Dean. Jensen sounds totally different from Dean when he talks, it’s weird! lol. But thanks for the info, good to know these things (cuz I’m sad like that!!) :)

• Mickey says:

**asked him to keep it

• I’m just glad to not see Jared’s sideburns… they look weird this season!

• raeleee says:

So they don’t want worry about shaving and being perfect on their hiatus. Nothing wrong with it. In fact I think the scruff looks great on both of them :D Yum.

3. I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) says:

That is just too much pretty for one two minute video. *sigh*

4. Lorraine says:

Obviously Dean and Cas are going to end up in Purgatory, to get the fangirls ship fodder. What happened to keeping the brothers together? I’m already depressed about S8 with spoilers like these

• Marc says:

Wow, good thing nobody’s jumping the gun here. *rolls eyes*

• RJ says:

Please stop the whining and guessing before the show EVEN airs.

• dane says:

I can understand wanting to see an end to whining.. but why not guess? Guessing is half the fun!! That’s why we watch spoiler-y videos! :)

• Madeline says:

There are multiple spoilers out there (that are not mentioned in these videos) that indicates the brothers will be separated at the end of the season…which I am so not thrilled about. Not thrilled is actually an understatement.

My point is – posts like this are meant for discussions of the article..and discussion involves guesses and what you consider “whining” – expressing your dislike for a possible storyline is not whining. It is stating your opinion.

• kelios says:

I think you’re probably right, sadly…If not, I will be THRILLED to be proven wrong. I still have my fingers crossed it’s Dean and Baby lol

• Sami says:

You were right lol

5. raven says:

Awesome…gotta catch up on Supernatural this summer (I knew it would be renewed so I had to give my attention to Fringe instead). Just one thing, though. What’s with the hair and the beard, Jared?

• Mickey says:

So happy Supernatural and Fringe don’t conflict any more! But remember to give your support to Supernatural in the fall. We’ll once again be up against the highest and second highest rated shows on TV!

• raven says:

Exactly why I gotta catch up this summer, although I don’t have a neilsen box so it doesn’t really matter anyways.

• Dorothy says:

Yeah, if that happens, I will not be watching in Season Eight. However, on the good side, I might be selling my tickets to the Vancouver con for anyone who’s interested!

6. rowan77 says:

The tears they were talking about was the episode where Bobby died (Death;s Door). There doesn’t seem to be tears involved in the season finale.

Six seasons and a …. wait. Ten seasons and a movie!

7. Barb Kas says:

or purgatory…oh no

8. Isaac says:

Can I request that Sam rock the beard next season? He looks badass, like SoA badass.

9. ninamags says:

Is anybody else having problems with the playback? I can’t get past the 19 second mark :(

10. Mickey says:

I’m really looking forward to season 8! Wednesdays are gonna be so badass with Arrow/Supernatural.

(Really don’t want to see the brothers apart though Jared, I’ve seen enough of that!)

11. Flora says:

I really want the Winchesters to evolve past their belief that all ghosts will become angry and lose their sense of identity in the same way that Dean had to come to terms with there being a God, angels, and heaven. There have been times in this show that they have needed to evolve beyond their belief system and this would be a good example of that time. We saw a helpful ghost just what? three episodes ago? Not all ghosts become vengeful. We’re seeing Bobby being as short tempered and as frustrating as he’s always been, just no longer in physical form. I don’t want Jim Beaver leaving the show! NO!

12. Carrie says:

That Bobby episode made me cry, too. I agree that it was one of the best of the series. Can’t wait for tonight’s finale, but I’m bummed that the season is over at the same time. I’m afraid we might be saying goodbye to Bobby for real at the end of this finale, and that would really make me sad.

13. alyssa says:

i cant believe crowley betrayed them and left sam like last time dean is trapped and now we have to wait until next fall and it sucks dean could be killed

14. alyssa says:

it was awsome how dick exploded

15. Certainly. I agree with told all bove. Let’s discuss this question. Here or in PM.

16. bezilonuvix.wordpress.com says:

Hello, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just
    curious if you get a lot of spam feedback?

If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?
    I get so much lately it’s driving me insane so any support is very much appreciated.