Sons of Anarchy Exclusive: Lost's Harold Perrineau Joins Cast as Big Bad Damon Pope

Get More: Casting News

Harold Perrineau Sons of Anarchy Sons of Anarchy has tapped Harold Perrineau to join the Season 5 cast in the critical role of Damon Pope.

The Lost vet will play the ex-drug kingpin whose daughter was murdered by Tig in the Season 4 finale, creating what series creator Kurt Sutter recently called a “clusterf***” for Jax and SAMCRO.

PHOTOS & VIDEO | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

“I definitely wanted to lay some track for Season 5 and put some complications already on Jax’s shoulder as he’s sitting at the head of the table,” Sutter told TVLine last year. “He’s already got a problem [going into Season 5].”

This marks SOA‘s second major Season 5 hire. Last month, Jimmy Smits was cast in a major season-long arc as Neron “Nero” Padilla, a Latino gangster who becomes an unlikely (and dangerous) mentor for Jax.

Comments (93)

• Jimmy smitts sucks ass. He ruined detxer, will ruin this show too. That wheel chair moron from OZ was the worst part of the show. If you want a gangster from OZ go find Adabezy (sp?). That guy and his little hat would be awesome to see again!

Comment by jimmy – May 29, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hearing season 5 to start in Sept? This could be a long summer. Will there be reruns of the 4th season?

Comment by cl homan – June 6, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jimmy and Harold are nothing but more evidence that the show is caving to the politically correct image machine that ruins most shows these days. We’re heading for a typical breakdown of the core story lines that made this show great. Let the candyass whiner story lines ensue. Just say NO to PC productions!

Comment by Bobalou – June 7, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe no one is discussing Clay!?! There will be no dealing with the Irish without clay so he will be in the mix somehow. I don’t see him laying down quietly after he recovers. What say you?

Comment by Bill Edwards – June 21, 2012 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they murk Wendy’s goofy ass…they should have someone drive her into the woods and………oh wait, wrong show….still, I think Tara is gonna handle Wendy real nice…hopefully….

Comment by home skillet – July 15, 2012 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You actually make it appear really easy together with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something that I believe I might never understand. It sort of feels too complex and very vast for me. I’m taking a look forward on your next put up, I will attempt to get the hold of it!

Comment by smite|beta|smite beta code – July 22, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post