Exclusive

Grimm Exclusive: Check Out the Never-Before-Seen Creature Sketches!

Ever wonder what your favorite Grimm creatures look like before they hit the screen? Wonder no more, because we’ve got an exclusive first look the early production sketches that served as the inspiration behind Season 1’s most memorable monsters.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Against What?

Flip through the breathtaking gallery below and marvel at the work of Grimm sketch artists Constantine Sekeris and Jerad Marantz. And don’t forget to tune into the show’s finale tonight at 9/8c on NBC.

RELATED | Grimm Star David Giuntoli Says Finale ‘Holds All the Answers,’ Teases Season 2

1. liddad says:

These are awesome! If the show’s CGI had looked this good, it would make it an incredible show (As opposed to the “pretty good” show it is right now).

2. Nicole says:

Thanks for giving us a behind-the-scenes look. Really cool to see how they conceptualize their monsters.

3. You are an awesome artist. You have definately been blessed. You need to send these or discuse with some of the big movie producers of shows such as The Walking Dead and you should be in the business of making and designing such monsters for TV shows. AWESOME

4. llws88 says:

I dont watch this show but those are some scary ass monsters!!

• Susie says:

You need to start watching. It’s an awesome show. It’s filmed in Portland, Or. and I’m from the Portland area :-)

5. Steve Z says:

I want to know what a GRIM looks like to “the monsters” as they all seem to recognize him.

• Jason says:

Yes!!! I was wondering the same thing.

• d.d. says:

My friends and I wonder the same thing!

• Sandra says:

me too!

• liddad says:

I always assumed that they saw the expression on his face when he realises they’re a vessen.

• katchoo says:

It has been stated in a couple interviews now that the creatures don’t see anything special when they look at Nick – it is only the fact that he is reacting to them changing that tips them off- something that a normal person wouldn’t be able to see.

• Dannielle says:

They know he’s a Grimm because humans can’t see their creature side unless they want them too and Nick can see them when they don’t do when they realize he has seen them they know. He makes little comments like looking good etc that’s why in ep 16 when he’s on vaca he doesn’t let the guy know he saw his creature face when he asked for directions

6. Corinne says:

Wow. The sketches look much better that what we got (but I do enjoy the show).

7. Lorie says:

Amazing! These 2 artists are so talented.

8. Rometta says:

Fantastic drawings!! Grimm is one of my faves, partly because I love the creatures!!

9. zena says:

im a hardcore fan…i agree we should get an insight to how these fae see burckhart. the walking dead is my fave on amc as well, so you guys should talk to them as well. great work…keep em coming.

10. William says:

Those are awesome. Can’t wait for the finale

11. Stephanie A says:

Very cool! I’m with Steve Z & Jason, what to Grimm’s look like (or perhaps smell like) to the Wesen? This is the best TV show EVER

12. Paramour says:

Grimm is one of the best crime shows lineup in a long time!

13. beth says:

Fantastic! Please don’t take this off the air. It is one of our favorite all time!!!

14. Love this show…and i think the creatures are awesome! keep up the great content and imagination…

15. Love the show. It’s so uniquely dark and unexpected. The crime drama is the icing on the Grimm cake. Monroe is the cherry on top. Can’t wait for season two.

16. millie says:

I dont like scary movies!,but this show is different its intriguing,interesting! and sometimes funny,and although Monroe is a wolf I just love him,he’s quite a charecter and of course the Grimm! you couldn’t of put a better actor! he’s awesome!.. the whole cast really great! I just hope it will be on for ever!.. like Star Track!

17. Erich says:

I think they’ve improved a lot with the creature faces- sometimes things go a little wonky, as in the girl Blutbad episode when Monroe’s Blutbad eyes go big and cartoony. The Blutbad prototype is quite excellent, and the more the on-screen Blutbaden can look like that, the better. Overall, things look good, and they’ve got strong storylines.

18. DEBBIE says:

LOVE THE SHOW CAN’T WAIT FOR SEASON 2!!! THANKS TO CAST & CREW FOR ALL THE MAGNIFICENT WORK..CHEERS..SAKIQUEEN