The CW's Schedule Revealed: Supernatural and Arrow Team Up on Wednesday, Dixie to Tuesday

Arrow The CWThe CW, last but not least, on Thursday morning revealed its primetime line-up for the 2012-13 TV season — and it featured good news for Supernatural fans and bad news for Ms. Tyra Banks.

After spending the past two seasons in TV purgatory (a.k.a. Friday night), the Brothers Winchester are relocating to Wednesdays at 9/8c following new comic book series Arrow. That paves the way for America’s Next Top Model to assume its new death slot on Fridays at 8 pm.

Elsewhere, Hart of Dixie is moving from Mondays at 9 pm to Tuesdays at 8 pm where it will lead into the new Mamie Gummer-led medical drama Emily Owens, M.D. (formerly called First Cut). And the Beauty and the Beast reboot is the beneficiary of the CW’s cushiest timeslot — Thursdays at 9 pm after The Vampire Diaries.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

Finally, Gossip Girl‘s final 11-episode season will air Mondays at 9 pm; The Carrie Diaries will take over in that slot at midseason.

On tap for midseason, in addition to The Carrie Diaries, is the new thriller Cult.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Versus What?

The complete CW schedule, which will be rolled out in early October instead of early September as has been customary, looks like this; new shows are in CAPS, click for details.

MONDAY
8/7c 90210
9 pm Gossip Girl  (THE CARRIE DIARIES takes over in January)

TUESDAY
8 pm Hart of Dixie
9 pm EMILY OWENS, M.D. (formerly known as First Cut)

WEDNESDAY
8 pm ARROW
9 pm Supernatural

THURSDAY
8 pm The Vampire Diaries
9 pm BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

FRIDAY
8 pm America’s Next Top Model
9 pm Nikita

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: Ringer, The Secret Circle, One Tree Hill (which aired its series finale on April 4), H8R, Remodeled and The L.A. Complex.

1. A says:

I’m always sad that Nikita doesn’t get a better time slot (not sayin’ it needs the best ones, but better than Friday nights). I think the CW and the writers have done an excellent job with it. I think there are a lot people would watch it if it wasn’t on Friday nights.

• Brunilda Cruz says:

Yes Friday is not a good day of the week…I have watching Nikita since day 1 and love this show..But very glad that CW renew this show….Thank you

2. Gerald says:

A schedule after my own heart.
    Great news that they are using the Wednesday night for real TV not reality TV. Althought I would have anchored Friday with Nikita and ANTM could drop all the viewers it wants. I like Hart of Dixie on Tuesday as well. Good Call. Monday is a joke. Even though I watch 90210 and GG they are probably the poorest rated shows on CW so they won’t be doing any favours by pairing them up. Can’t wait for October :)

3. Am I the only one excited for The Carrie Diaries?

4. Jeanette says:

With all the networks changing air time for shows……I’m glad I don’t have to worry about picking one out of more than 2 airing at the same time on a given day.
    Hawaii Five-0, NCIS, and NCIS:Los Angeles airs same time so I AM GOOD!!!!!!

5. Isabelle says:

For many yrs Wednesday was a crap tv night for me and now its gonna be the one I most look forward to. I will see arrow and supernatural and then hop over to nbc for chicago fire. Awesome

6. Janelle says:

Don’t think I can ever watch Arrow, cause Justin Hartley will always be the Green Arrow to me. I dropped all the CW shows except TVD. TSC had serious issues, and I stopped watching cause the firs 15 minutes of every episode was so boring. Not really sorry it is being cancelled.

Not looking forward to any of the new shows either, except maybe Beauty and the Beast. Although the only reason I’m looking forward to it is cause I was a fan of the old show.
    Thank God for TVD!

• Ray says:

To each his own. Most viewers agree TVD had a drastic drop in storytelling quality this season. It was boring and very difficult to get through without fastforwarding or walking out of the room to tend to other things.

• LS says:

I agree about Arrow. And I think the majority of the Smallville fanbase (aka the comic-story base) will also agree. We need another good comic show but they should’ve gone with something else. Batman, something Marvel, anything but reinventing Green Arrow.

7. jasey says:

Did the CW actually say they aren’t picking up season 2 of the LA Complex or did the author just assume since it’s not on the fall schedule? I always thought the show as a mid-season show to air during the summer.

It’s been confirmed that The LA Complex season 2 will be premiering on July 24th in Canada so they CW may still pick up that show for the summer.

8. Melody Paris says:

Supernatural is my favorite show on TV, so it’s a given that I will be following it to Wednesdays. Winchester Wednesdays!! The only show I currently watch on Wednesdays is Criminal Minds, so adding Supernatural and Arrow works just great for me. Tuesdays are a little busier (family night), I wish Hart of Dixie had stayed on Monday just because my Mondays are really light, but I will follow Wilson Bethel anywhere, thank goodness for DVR’s. I’m very happy Nikita is sticking around, but pairing it with ANTM seems like a waste. I really hate reality TV.

9. Tee says:

I’ve never seen Nikita before, but now that it got renewed again, finally checking it out on Netflix so I can be caught up before it comes back in the fall. It’s been really decent so far.

10. BrianR says:

Now down to 3 CW shows; Dixie, TVD, and Nikita, thats it.Don’t see any reason to becaome attached to new shows that will get cancelled.

11. Lauren says:

I don’t get why they didn’t pick up the Selection and put it after VD. I thought it was supposed to be Hunger Games-esque, it would have killed. Beauty and the Beast has Kristen Kreuk, meaning I can’t watch it.

12. Mick says:

TVD will never be a good lead in, The CW should move it to 9 and put b&b at 8. Otherwise great schedule. Mark is really turning things around.

13. ninamags says:

Winchester Wednesdays!!!! I like that.

The CW marketing should get on that! :P

14. LS says:

I don’t see Arrow or BatB lasting very long. Arrow, because Justin Hartley MADE that role, and they’re counting on Smallville fans to remember their comic-show loyalties. And .. I doubt I need to explain why I don’t think KK’s new show will last. Ugh.

15. Jackie says:

Hart of Dixie will continue to be in trouble!! Tuesdays at 8pm opposite two high profile shows: Dancing and The Voice. Yes it’s the results show but they still draw a lot of viewers! I really hope that Hart can survive!!

16. angelcake says:

I think they need to tell Tyra to go back to old school ANTM. I’ve watched every season since the beginning and even get addicted to those full cycle marathons on Oxygen. But this last season, I just stopped watching after the 3rd episode. I can’t be the only one who feels this way. It just sucked. Majorly. Who cares about the Brits vs USA? Make one cast of aspiring models and make a watchable show again.

17. Ella says:

Woo hoo for Supernatural! It’s about time they got moved out of that crappy Friday time slot. Thursday would have been better but Wednesday will do :)

18. michelle says:

SOOOOOOOO SAD SECRET CIRCLE is gone!!!!!!

19. Stacey says:

Hate the move from Friday to Wednesday for Supernatural. I already watch 3 things Wed. at 9! Friday was the perfect night for SN!

20. WakeupNetworks says:

They should have kept secret circle after tvd the show was getting better each week.. cw should have gotten rid of gossip girl, 90210, and the awful top model garbage. New shows are great but the way they left the ending of tsc was terrible ,,, it just showed there was plenty more to come.. too bad will also miss one tree hill watched them from the beginning.

21. Dacia Robb says:

gah its a good thing and a bad thing for me and supernatural..this way I get to watch grimm yet now its up against criminal minds darn it, another favorite of mine. CBS does have a slot on saturday for crime..but dunno what repeats theyll do. Knowing me Ill choose supernatural and either finally get a dvr or hope to catch repeats of criminal minds on a different time/channel

22. Caroline D says:

I can’t believe they are canceling Secret Circle and it was such a great show with much more potential than Hart of Dixie. The characters and interaction had such great potential for story lines not to mention they set us up for season two and now let us down.

23. Victoria says:

I am so upset and so is my mother and my daughter for taking off The Secret Circle!! Beauty and the Beast looks good too,but why couldn’t it be put on after The Secret Circle? Taking off The Secret Circle is such a let down!!!

24. Brunilda Cruz says:

Thank you CW for renewing Nikita….I have been watching this show since day 1 and it is one of the best show. beside Vampire Diaries…If you did not renew Nikita I would have surely die….Love this show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Matt says:

Look I looked forward too ringer returning and supernatural is awesome and the new MD show I feel will tank HOD is good and gossip girl shouldnt of come back half seasons are annoying and look Arrow looks awesome I can’t wait and Enh on beauty and the beast oh and a little mad at no secret circle at least give it a season too finish not just drop it and too end my comments HOW DARE YOU CW get rid of Ringer it was good and left on such a cliffhanger your unfair and btw I loved my supernatural on Fridays it was a good way too end the week with nikita

26. Tana Snow says:

Q… when they check there ratings does dvr count???? cause i watched all my shows on dvr cause some came on at the same time. or i work. so watching..the secret circle, Nikita, supernatural, etc… would have to wait till i get home…

27. reggie says:

Ok a good show is bout writing, action,n good story plots. CW has been good in picking the right shows including GG, HOD, SPN, TVD, n Nikita. Ringer was ok cause of SMG’s acting. I have to agree that cancelling TSC was premature n I feel whatever it lack in writing it made up in story.

28. reggie says:

I do feel that when the network finally count DVR watching they might finally stop cancelling good shows. Cable got it right more than the networks. That’s why sci-fi, fantasy n action shows last longer n do better on cable.

29. natasha says:

I am so sad that the secret circle isn’t coming back: ( bad move

30. Brenda says:

Can’t believe I just read all those commets lol but anyways I am sick of waiting for TVD GETTINg PARANOID I am eager to watch ARROW & Beuty and the Beast I love the cw however I am pissed that they canceled the secret cirle ughh grrrr *tears*

31. Bellz says:

It is absolutely RIDICULOUS that Ringer is not returning. It was the best show on CW, they shouldn’t have relied on the ratings, maybe should’ve brought it back for a second season and then made a cut if it was neccesary. But Ringer was a great shown with an amazing plot. CW needed something for an adult audience. I am completely disapointed and through with CW!

32. Joanna says:

Does anyone know how to see the second season of L.A. Complex in Canada? You Tube, Hulu, anything?????!! I literally can’t believe it didn’t get enough ratings to return to the U.S. Insane!!!!

33. Rebecca says:

Why would they cancel such good shows? Ringer was such a good show & so was The Secret Circle. The new shows coming on don’t even look good, I don’t know those actors. Oh well I’ll just keep watching the shows I do.