Exclusive Supernatural Finale Video: Dean and Sam Go Hunting for [Spoiler]

Get More: Exclusive, Previews, Video

In the realm of Supernatural, the shocking is by now almost expected. However, you may still find yourselves surprised by the place that Friday’s season finale (The CW, 9/8c) takes the Winchesters as they search for an unusual item in their quest to kill Dick Roman. When you’re sufficiently braced for it, TVLine has your exclusive first look!

RELATED | The CW’s Schedule Revealed: Supernatural and Arrow Team Up on Wednesday

Could a nun be the key to Sam and Dean finally getting rid of the Leviathan boss? And more importantly, can this special element save Dean from a zinger that just doesn’t land?

Press PLAY to find out and then hit the comments with your thoughts!

Loading video...

Comments (51)

• I was hoping they might actually remember Dean’s Righteous status. But it seems to be forgotten along with the fact he was ever in Hell or Michael’s vessel.

Comment by Kady – May 17, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • haha yeah…

Comment by ed – May 17, 2012 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I see where you’re coming from, but that would require them to pull a bone out of Dean’s body. Sure, Cas could help them with that but he might count it as violence and not do it.

Comment by Birche – May 17, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, I don’t think that it was forgotten at all. Remember when Dean went to hell and was tortured until he broke and became the torturer, thus breaking the first seal: “The first seal shall be broken when a righteous man sheds blood in Hell”. That nullified the Righteous status. As for being Michael’s vessel, remember that Gabriel explained that and it wasn’t because he was righteous, it was because of the boys’ bloodline dating back to Cain and Abel.

Anyway, I just think that it bears mentioning because I really believe this is one show on TV where they don’t write themselves into corners very often even though they have a mountain of lore and canon to deal with.

Comment by Lo – May 17, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He is righteous but not pure.. was there something about the bone needing to be from someone pure and sin-free? Because that isn’t our Dean! But.. if it is ‘just’ righteous that scene doesn’t necessarily mean the nun’s bone will work .. so it still might involve Dean cutting off a toe or something!

Comment by dane – May 17, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • pure in sin free is NOT what was written by Metatron. It tablet just said “a bone of a righteous mortal.” Nothing about being pure or sin free. Dean is a righteous mortal still, which as established in “99 problems” when only a righteous man could kill the Whore of Babylon (a.k.a. fake prophet Leah Gideon) and Dean was the one who ended up doing it. That was well after his going to hell and torturing people there. There are different interpretations of the word “righteous.” It can mean virtuous, but it also means legitimate and justified. Perhaps THAT is the interpretation GOD was talking about because that fit’s Dean. Everything he does is justified by his constantly saving the lives of others.

Comment by rowan77 – May 18, 2012 12:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Very well said. Couldn’t have said it better myself. Dean is constantly working to save the world basically ….if not all at once then one at a time….just can’t have my man giving any body parts up tho. So i guess we shall soon see..cuz he will do ANYTHING to get rid of Dick.

Comment by mareric6470 – May 18, 2012 04:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You know, just because Castiel as a pacifist doesn’t mean that Dean can’t have Sam help him remove a bone from his hand and Castiel won’t heal him later. Cas likes healing – he just hates confrontation or fighting. Probably won’t happen that way, but there is a way for Dean to safely be “the righteous mortal.” But the it wouldn’t be Supernatural if it was safe.

I’m hoping Cas brings Bobby back. I know it may be bad storytelling, but I love Jim Beaver and Bobby is a wonderful character. Let’s hope the resign Misha as a regular and bring back Jim Beaver next year.

Comment by rowan77 – May 18, 2012 09:46 AM PDT
    • Wow, this has came a long way they have covered almost everything ! I am going to be sad if they ever quit the show..I know every good thing does end but not yet… as to what I think of the last eppisode and this new one are the ties of how its going to end with season eight. But I hope I’m wrong! The Winchester boys are my TV life…

Comment by ginni – May 17, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m pretty sure he list his righteous status when he started with the torture.

Comment by Tink – May 18, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season Finale? We haven’t had the chance to see the first one yet!! Come on Living Channel, England, get this series back on!!! Love it.

Comment by Grimreaper Mobley – May 17, 2012 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait!! I have LOVED this season!!

Comment by katy917 – May 17, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In fairness even if they did mention his righteous status it’s irrelevant as that can’t really remove one of his bones to use.

Love SPN but one of the things not working for me is a lot of the one liners are very juvenile these days whereas they used to be clever and funny

Comment by marie – May 17, 2012 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They can if Cas heals him afterwards.

Comment by rowan77 – May 17, 2012 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To be honest, all I want is Cas in the finale. This season has suffered from the lack of him.

Comment by Dilys – May 17, 2012 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No. it’s hasn’t. The season has been every more dreary after his “surprise” return.

Comment by Kim – May 17, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • x10000

Comment by Kelios (@kelios) – May 17, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nonsense. Cas brings the show continuity, which the show seems to lack sometimes for as long as it’s been on, and as many different people running the show as it has had. (Kady’s comment is a reminder of them introducing a theme for a short period of time and then dropping it altogether.) It was meant to be a five year series and each additional year it has been on has been filled with more filler. The entire season 6 was a waste of time, but they have finally gotten back on track in the last few episodes of this season. (Thank God…or Castiel…or whoever is responsible.)

Comment by Flora – May 17, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No, Cas does not bring continuity. Cas drags the show back to a storyline that should have ended with season five but was unfortunately dragged throughout six as well. It was closed at the beginning of season seven and should have been left that way. Continuity and regression are not the same thing.

Comment by Carlene – May 17, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Couldn’t agree more.
            The finale should end the Leviathan plot and the Angel plot for good!

To new beginnings with season 8 !!

Comment by Dana R. – May 17, 2012 11:02 AM PDT
          • Please please please let this be the LAST we ever see of Cas.

Comment by Jessie – May 17, 2012 03:57 PM PDT
      • THIS!!!!

Comment by Amy – May 17, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Should have been i response to Carlene. Enough with Cas….let him go and move on.

Comment by Amy – May 17, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Cas is a great addition to the show and improves it.

Comment by TJ – May 17, 2012 10:56 AM PDT
          • Exactly my thoughts.
            But *sigh* I doubt we have seen the last of Castiel, as much as I want him gone for good.

Comment by Dana R. – May 17, 2012 10:58 AM PDT
          • I would be more excited if there was chance Cas wouldn’t be back next season, but they seem determined to keep him. I’ll still cherish season 7 as the season we got to see less of him. He’s way past his expiration date and I wish Misha would get offered a fantastic part somewhere else so he could leave this show and never return.

Comment by DeanSam81 – May 17, 2012 09:17 PM PDT
      • I thought it improved after he came back. Seemed like his reappearance tried to pull the story back together, anyway.

Comment by c e m – May 17, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it falls to Dean to assassinate Dick with the bone.
    That would finally put Dean back on track being a hunter, I feel in seasons six and seven the hunter part of Sam and especially Dean didn’t get enough screentime.

Now with the show moving to Wednesday night I hope we get to see more hunts!

Comment by Dana R. – May 17, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dean had more screen time than Sam, he just talked to the side characters.
      I’d be more than happy if they switch next year.

Comment by Sarah – May 17, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I do believe the both had about the same amount of screentime, just like they have every season.

Comment by Dana R. – May 17, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, Dean, always with innaproriate puns!!!

Funny, but innapropriate :)

Comment by ninamags – May 17, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry I’m back
      Dean is so funny! When it comes to everything he says quirky remarks
      Like when. He dropped his paints and yelled out pudding!!! Gotta love it or
      don’t forget the pie
      Pig-in-a-poke at the diner.
      Oh the best one yet
      Dean:what did u do to my car
      ?
      Sam: its an ipod Jack!!!
      Dean: well I didn’t tell u to douse her up!
      Great classic had to share

Comment by ginni – May 17, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad they aren’t taking a piece out of Dean or Sam. Can’t wait to see what happens tonight!

Comment by Kelios (@kelios) – May 17, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh boy, the battle of the fans begin!how is it that some get to see this tonight and I have to wait 27 hours! Fooie,jk.
      But I do have to wait that long. I dnt like serif the previews because it spoils my surprise.
      glad to read what y’all write.
      Cas is like a lil kid with all knowledge of everything. I think if he does stay he’s going to snap back to his old self. Bobby well u know what happens when a a sperit gets when they turn just as his wife did when she came back in human form, but Bobby is holding on by an object he was never able to part from. Sure,he’s helping the boys now in all due time he’s gotta let fait take course. But as stubborn he could be it will tear the Winchester boys apart if they have to dust him. as for
      the nun well I will just. Have to wait and see I will be back tomatto till then blessed be from ginnilee

Comment by ginni – May 17, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TOMORROW (Friday) AT 9 pm on the CW!***

Comment by need – May 17, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did Dean really say “Let’s bone this nun”? Funny as all get out —- but in typical Dean fashion it is inappropriate.

Comment by EireneS – May 17, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no offence but this finalle looks boring thank god cas is in it other wise id probably just skip it

Comment by cas ryan – May 17, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally a clip of Sam and Dean, the MAIN characters, together alone. So sick of all the Cas promotion. Just give him his own show to shut up his annoying screaming Cas fangirls and put the focus back on the brother relationship on SPN as it should be. They are the heart of the show. Not the drooling braindead idiot prancing around being useless and just there for fanservice.

Comment by Gina – May 17, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I so agree They have made Castilel a joke as well as this show by shoe horning him in for seasons too long. The brothers are the heart and soul of this show lets get back to that

Comment by Cheryl – May 17, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Couldn’t agree more! I’m glad the actors all get along and are friends. But the show runners are under the mistaken belief that all, or most, fans want Cas around just because a subset of very vocal Cas fans. Time to let the character go – for good!

Comment by Jessie – May 17, 2012 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed! Since the entire garrison got killed it’s time to die for Castiel for good!

Too bad the damn nerd angel never suffered for his many crimes like destroying Sams wall, setting the Leviathan plague free, and what about the hubris calling himself God?
        Where has Castiel ever paid for this ?

A few weeks with a glimpse of Sams Helllmemories, are you kidding me? And now he pretends to have lost his marbles? How convenient.

Death to Castiel for his crimes!!!!

Comment by Dana R. – May 17, 2012 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Honestly we need to get organized and be more vocal about our dislike for Cas. His stans have made a lot of noise and TPTB operate under the assumption that most of fandom loves the character. Jensen was shocked when he realized many people didn’t like Cas at the JIB Con. Let’s do everything we can so that everyone understands that a lot of us are tired of him and want him gone.

Comment by DeanSam81 – May 17, 2012 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. As where I did love Cas the first time he had showed. I really believe that he should have ended in Season 5 like they had said the angel arc would end. Hopefully Season 8 will be done with the angel arc. Get back to the old ways, about the brothers. That is why I even started watching in the first place. Season 1 still being my all time favorite season!

Anywho, that’s my two cents. ^^

Comment by Kira – May 18, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Stop complaining about Cas you petty thing. The show can be about brotherly love all you want, but having a third character who is incredibly amazing doesn’t hurt. I don’t get the hate on Cas. Jensen and Jared love Misha and the fact he returned as Cas. They want him in the show. Doesn’t that tell you anything?

Comment by Roxy – May 18, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cas is going to redeam himself as a far more better subject well at least I hope so. I love all the characters except demons exception of Meg an Ruby…

Comment by ginni – May 17, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castiel and the Angel mythology seriously need to go They should have been gone seasons ago as they no longer fit into the show. Hopefully Carver ansd Singer see that(Singer himself said Castiel being back in S 7 was only for better conclusion and closure) If these two guys cave like Kripke and Gamble did opting for fan pandering over whats best for the show. Hopefully the new CW president will have see that this drudging up Castile ansd the Angel mythology season after season has only hurt this show more each time they do it.

As for thinking the piece of bone should come from Dean Seriously? After all hes done Its not plausiable coming from him or Sam either. Even if you cheat and use fingernails and even with both brothers being heros and risking their lives repeatedly the sacrifices they’ve made even their lives and saving many lives. All the possessed people they both have killed had hosts (whether we saw them or not) and that alone disqualifies them from being as good and light as the leviathans are hungry and dark And making a deal with a demon solely for selfish reasons to get your baby brother back and even if we understood them has got to cross you off the list right away

Comment by Cheryl – May 17, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just wanna say that they is FINE!!.dat is all

Comment by catrina davis – May 17, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking good guys..can’t wait to see it. Am NOT looking forward to not having new ep’s for a while *cries*

Comment by lipglosskaz – May 17, 2012 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is the video…i don’t see it anywhere…and yes…those boys are deliciously fine!

Comment by mareric6470 – May 17, 2012 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • By the way….i hope Cas will be in more episodes..he brings a little diversity to the show and i love how Dean, Sam and Cas work well together

Comment by mareric6470 – May 17, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show can’t just be about the brothers, there has to be more regulars. Cass makes a perfect contribution. He must stay.

Comment by swed – May 19, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post