TVLine Items: SNL Exit Rumors Intensify Ahead of Finale, iCarly to End This Season and More!
Although NBC still isn’t confirming, there is increasing buzz that this weekend’s Saturday Night Live season finale will mark the final show for castmembers Kristen Wiig, Jason Sudeikis and Andy Samberg.
Wiig makes no hint that the end is near in the just-released promo for her likely swan song, but the clip is still worth a watch — mostly because it’s funny how she accuses host Mick Jagger of introducing her to sex and drugs.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Nickelodeon’s iCarly will come to end after the hit comedy’s current fifth season, TVGuide.com reports. The cast will reunite this June to shoot a special installment — its last — which is set to bow in November.
• USA Network announced Thursday that starting Monday, July 23, WWE Monday Night Raw will permanently expand to a three-hour format. The debut super-sized installment also happens to mark the program’s 1,000th episode.
• Original Punk’d frontman Ashton Kutcher will return to his old stomping grounds on Sunday, June 3 to host an all-new episode of the MTV reboot. The installment is set to air as part of the 2012 MTV Movie Awards’ pre-show.
• MTV has decided not to renew freshman comedy I Just Want My Pants Back for a second season. A new home is being sought for the acclaimed series.
• MTV2′s new game-show Hip Hop Squares has been tapped to premiere Tuesday, May 22.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?