TVLine Items: SNL Exit Rumors Intensify Ahead of Finale, iCarly to End This Season and More!

Although NBC still isn’t confirming, there is increasing buzz that this weekend’s Saturday Night Live season finale will mark the final show for castmembers Kristen Wiig, Jason Sudeikis and Andy Samberg.

Wiig makes no hint that the end is near in the just-released promo for her likely swan song, but the clip is still worth a watch — mostly because it’s funny how she accuses host Mick Jagger of introducing her to sex and drugs.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Nickelodeon’s iCarly will come to end after the hit comedy’s current fifth season, TVGuide.com reports. The cast will reunite this June to shoot a special installment — its last — which is set to bow in November.

• USA Network announced Thursday that starting Monday, July 23, WWE Monday Night Raw will permanently expand to a three-hour format. The debut super-sized installment also happens to mark the program’s 1,000th episode.

• Original Punk’d frontman Ashton Kutcher will return to his old stomping grounds on Sunday, June 3 to host an all-new episode of the MTV reboot. The installment is set to air as part of the 2012 MTV Movie Awards’ pre-show.

• MTV has decided not to renew freshman comedy I Just Want My Pants Back for a second season. A new home is being sought for the acclaimed series.

• MTV2′s new game-show Hip Hop Squares has been tapped to premiere Tuesday, May 22.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (13)

• Damn…I really liked I just want my pants back…

Comment by Matt – May 17, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PUNK’d with Ashton!!!!!

Comment by Sabi – May 17, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t catch her reference to leaving in the promos.

Comment by John Berggren – May 17, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The article said she makes no hint of leaving. It caught me the wrong way first too.

Comment by Deena – May 17, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Huh. I read it and re-read it and only now do I read it correctly. My brain filled in “no secret” or something…

Comment by John Berggren – May 17, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • who gave “I Just Want My Pants Back” acclaim?

Comment by Jeff – May 17, 2012 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Three great news I’m excited about: WWE Raw will expand to three hours beginning with the 1,000th episode on July 23rd. Also, the end for three SNL cast members possibly for Jason Sudeikis, Andy Samberg & Kristen Wiig (if next season promises to add more female players into the mix) and the sad news of them all, ICarly will come to an end in November. At least, Victorious is still on the air.

Comment by bad kevin – May 17, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SNL might as well hire all new women for the show if Wiig is leaving. The ones left have as much individuality as one egg in a carton of 12.

Comment by Walter – May 17, 2012 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • due to wiig using her seniority and putting herself ahead of all the women on the cast that were lower than her… thats why the show has no women to rely on in the fall

Comment by josh – May 17, 2012 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damnable I actually really enjoyed I Just Want My Pants back. I’m surprised they aren’t renewing it. Is it because their schedule is too full with Snookie and Pauly? Cause they suck!

Comment by Lauren – May 17, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol.. Jagger may actually be funny. He’s like a 70 year old 15 year old.. it’s awesome.

Comment by Danielle H – May 17, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristen Wiig can’t leave SNL, she is way to talented

Comment by l – May 17, 2012 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sad to hear iCarly will be ending this year, not Omg do I watch it with my kid but without her as well! Gonna miss carly Freddy Sam Spencer and of course Gibby!

Comment by sara – May 18, 2012 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post