Fall TV Preview

Fall Preview: Watch Sneak Peeks of Arrow, Beauty and the Beast and Other New CW Shows

The CW’s 2012-13 TV season promises to serve up an arrow-wielding superhero, a teenage Carrie Bradshaw, a beauty and a beast and then some.

But why wait until fall to meet these colorful characters? The netlet has just released clips from a few of their new series, and we’ve compiled them all right here for your viewing pleasure. (Clips for midseason entries Cult and The Carrie Diaries will be added as soon as they become available.)

RELATED | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

Press PLAY below to take a peek at The CW’s freshman class, and then hit the comments with your snappy judgments!

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Against What?

Emily Owens, M.D., with Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Michael Rady (Tuesdays at 9/8c)

Arrow, with Stephen Amell, Colin Donnell, Katie Cassidy, Willa Holland (Wednesdays at 8 pm)

Beauty and the Beast, with Kristin Kreuk, Jay Ryan, Max Brown, Austin Basis (Thursdays at 9 pm)

Comments (125)

• Emily Owens MD has to be the WORST name for a TV show, ever.

Comment by martina – May 17, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m interested in Carrie Diaries, Emily Owens(though I don’t like Mamie Gummer), and Beauty &the Beast could be good.Ill also be watching GG, 90210,HoD,VD, ANTM, Nikita.

Comment by Brandy – May 17, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • everything looks awesome

Comment by Toms1€ – May 17, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously? Beauty and the Beast, and the new medical drama look horrible!!! The CW cancelled The Secret Circle for this garbage?! Ick. They’re going to have to pick up a whole bunch more pilots next year, because both of those look like major flops

Comment by Robin – May 17, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will there be proper trailers anytime soon? It’s really hard to discern the scope of each show from just one scene.

Comment by Buddy – May 17, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Emily Owens, MD” and “Beauty and the Beast” look just plain awful. (“Arrow” looks fine but nothing special) Seriously, what carpet licking moron thought Kristin Kreuk would be a great replacement for Linda Hamilton?!?!

While I personally didn’t like the Secret Circle (Useless protagonist and lack of interesting male characters) I have to admit it was still better then these shows!

Comment by Cam – May 17, 2012 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do you not see the flaws in your argument? You are judging a show from a 2min scene?
      You have no idea if it’s going to be good or not. Come on…..grow up.

Comment by Kelly – May 18, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Green Arriw has great abs but what about his acting?

Comment by MikeyM – May 17, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • His pull-up routine was most impressive.

Comment by Temis – May 17, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily Owens, MD = complete fail CW. That was the worst preview clip ever and the title change is rancid. It will get cancelled faster than Lone Star. Is it trying to be Grey’s, or Scrubs. Either way, not funny and has unlikeable characters. If only we could get Felicity back. now that was a show. Arrow i will watch.

Comment by Blatch – May 17, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These all look super cheesy. If they were going to do a Green Arrow show, they should’ve used Justin Hartley and followed with what was done in Smallville. Plus, Stephen Amell is a dbag. Speaking of Justin… glasses? He looks like a total dork. Not a cute one, either. Beauty and the Beast. I love the disney movie (Belle’s my favorite). However, all I have to say is “ugh.”

Comment by Tracy B (@tmb510) – May 17, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They didn’t use Justin Hartley because they wanted to keep this SEPARATE from Smallville. Furthermore the character of Green Arrow in Smallville is almost completely different from his comic book counterpart!

But I do agree with you on the rest!

Comment by Ally_1024 – May 17, 2012 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To everyone who is saying that The CW’S Beauty and The Beast looks aweful, do you think that means that ABC’S B&B will be,too? Speaking of B&B, that whole clip REEKED of Lana Lang! I was waiting for Tom to pop-up. Hope they fix that if it has any chance of surviving beyond 1 season.

Comment by April – May 17, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ABC’s Beauty and the Beast did not picked up for series so The CW’s is the only one that will be on in the fall.

Comment by Benita – May 20, 2012 03:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • definitely gonna check out arrow but thats about it

Comment by Joe – May 17, 2012 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only one I’m fairly certain I might end up watching is Emily Owens MD, because I LOVE Mamie Gummer. The B and B preview makes it clear KK still can’t act. And I didn’t even finish the Arrow preview, it bored me. I wish they had picked up the Selection, I hope it still gets done at some point or we can at least see the pilot.

Comment by Lauren – May 18, 2012 01:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow looks like Batman Begins….almost too much. Not that I mind rock hard abs…but that whole sequence was so Batman-like.
    I’ll check that one out before Beauty and the Beast (that’s been tried before and just didn’t work).

Comment by Kelly – May 18, 2012 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • B&B looks horrible! Really bad acting and an overall cliche. Ugh.
    Not sure about Arrow. I’d have to see the other characters to decide if it’s any good. Katie Cassidy might sway me if she plays a cool chick.
    Medical drama seems kinda generic. Might give it a shot. Maybe.
    Overall I’m disappointed. I’d rather have seen Ringer or Secret Circle continue if this is what we get instead. The midseason shows sound interesting, but who knows what they’ll actually do with them…

Comment by Meh – May 18, 2012 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The full trailer for Arrow is out now it looks pretty good.

Comment by Patricia – May 18, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow and Beauty and the Best looks lame.

Comment by o – May 18, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These all had the potential for me to watch them this fall from the write-ups, but these clips did absolutely nothing for me to say yay or nay.

Comment by Diz – May 18, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just from hearing an seeing the preview of Beauty and the Beast i say HELL NO. If you want to watch it than its best seeing the original. at least see a clip of it, the music the acting, the costumes. Its enought to make your heart melt, its true love beyone words.

Comment by Sheena – May 27, 2012 12:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post