Fall TV Preview

Fall Preview: Watch Sneak Peeks of Arrow, Beauty and the Beast and Other New CW Shows

The CW’s 2012-13 TV season promises to serve up an arrow-wielding superhero, a teenage Carrie Bradshaw, a beauty and a beast and then some.

But why wait until fall to meet these colorful characters? The netlet has just released clips from a few of their new series, and we’ve compiled them all right here for your viewing pleasure. (Clips for midseason entries Cult and The Carrie Diaries will be added as soon as they become available.)

RELATED | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

Press PLAY below to take a peek at The CW’s freshman class, and then hit the comments with your snappy judgments!

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Against What?

Emily Owens, M.D., with Mamie Gummer, Justin Hartley, Michael Rady (Tuesdays at 9/8c)

Arrow, with Stephen Amell, Colin Donnell, Katie Cassidy, Willa Holland (Wednesdays at 8 pm)

Beauty and the Beast, with Kristin Kreuk, Jay Ryan, Max Brown, Austin Basis (Thursdays at 9 pm)

Comments (125)

• Based on thir preview, I’d say Kristin Kreuk is still Lana Lang, just slightly older.

Comment by DJ Doena – May 17, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i was just waiting her to faint LOL!

Comment by Spike – May 17, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree! The “damsel in distress” stuff….the running….the tripping….the crying! It’s Lana Lang 2.0! Ugh!

Comment by Mena – May 17, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This scene takes place when her charcater Chatherine is a teenager, but the show takes place about 10 years latter when she’s a Detective, so it’s understandable she’d be Lana-ish here. (i was expecting tom welling to superspeed there and save her) This attack makes her a stronger person.

Comment by ZmaX – May 17, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But then you shouldn’t use that scene to promote a new show…

For example: I like the Vampire Diaries. But just by watching the pilot you could get totally the wrong impression about this series.

Comment by DJ Doena – May 17, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Exactly. the cw hasn’t been good at promoting their shows properly :/
          The first impression of a show is crucial to it’s survival and showing a preview clip instead of an actual trailer is a terrible idea. The EO:MD (First Cut is a much better title) clip was fine, but Arrow and B&B NEED actual trailers to explain the storylines.

Comment by ZmaX – May 17, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I disagree in regards to Emily Ownens and Arrow. For Arrow having a trailer that explains the show would be helpful but the clip of him shirtless is going to convince females to at least watch the pilot before writing it off. Emily Ownens just looks horrible and no matter how fell the trailer explains the premise people aren’t going to tune in for boring.

Comment by Sam – May 17, 2012 06:16 PM PDT
        • I don’t see why you wouldn’t use the prologue for the initial promotion – it’s likely to be the first scene of the first episodes. Followup promotion would expand on that.

Comment by tarc – May 17, 2012 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I was totally expecting a, “Claaaark!” there.

*rolls eyes*

Comment by rednihilist – May 17, 2012 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • as much as i love justin hartlyey i did not need to see secret circle AND ringer get the ax for another medical drama! boooooooooo.

Comment by murley – May 17, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know right?
      The secret circle was SO good.

Comment by Kelly – May 17, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • so good. i was actually looking forward to the next season of secret circle even more than the vampire diaries, they set up SO many interesting character twists and storylines. plus, with arrow and beauty and the beast, the cw could made a name for itself as the supernatural/genre station. worse decision ever.

Comment by murley – May 17, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They could have at least cancelled GG and not given it a final season! I am going to miss TSC sooo much :(

Comment by Elyse – May 17, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I would have given GG and SC each half-orders – GG as a wrap-up, and SC as a last chance to build an audience with the improving plotlines.

Comment by tarc – May 17, 2012 10:03 PM PDT
  • Beauty and The Beast looks awful AWFUL. And they cancelled The Secret Circle for this???? UGH.
    Arrow looks good, a lot like Batman Begins so maybe its worth a shot and that medical show…the only reason worth watching would be for Justin Hartley.

But still so mad that they cancelled The Secret Circle. The show had so much potential for the second season and if they cancelled it for Beauty and The Beast…so DUMB.

I think the CW should leave Fairy tales to Disney and ABC…

BRING BACK THE SECRET CIRCLE PLEASE!!!!!

Comment by Kelly – May 17, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed!!!!!

Comment by Elyse – May 17, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t get why Justin Hartley wasn’t The Green Arrow? He’s awesome in that role..

Comment by dane – May 17, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • because it isn’t a smallville spinoff. it’s a fresh take on the character.

Comment by jb – May 17, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you. This beauty is a beast. I won’t last. Bring back circle

Comment by joe – May 17, 2012 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cant wait to watch Cult and Carrie Diaries trailers

Comment by Marcos – May 17, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re the only new CW shows i’m looking forward to, the ones starting in the fall look awful.

Comment by Emily – May 17, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sigh. I’m desperately going to miss The Secret Circle. I wish another network (ABC Family or MTV could pick it up).

I’m looking most forward to Arrow, Cult (midseason), and Beauty and the Beast. Was going to try out First Cut (Emily Owens, M.D) but the clip isn’t all that interesting (waiting for a promo) plus my Tuesdays are really filled to the brim.

Comment by Anonymous – May 17, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why would ABC Family pick it up?SC has way too much darkness and violence.

Comment by Shaun – May 17, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Desperately going to miss it? Um…..

Comment by Kelly – May 18, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow, cant wait!!!

Comment by Hussain Hazimi (@Hazimi27) – May 17, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Plus, if the whole Green Arrow thing doesn’t work out he could totally try out for Ninja Warrior…

Comment by The Squatch – May 17, 2012 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All three look great but I wish that we got actual trailers. I really can’t wait for Beauty and the Beast. It looks awesome.

Comment by Autumn – May 17, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they relese an actual promo for thier shows, and not just clips. You can’t tell much about the shows from these clips.

Comment by Melissa – May 17, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! What’s the point in just releasing a clip?

Comment by Lil – May 18, 2012 02:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRING BACK THE SECRET CIRCLE!there is already a petition online with almost 30.000 signed!i don’t see anything interesting in these new the cw shows…

Comment by giovanni – May 17, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only interesting show out of these clips is Arrow…everything else is a total snoozefest.

Comment by Katie – May 17, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Arrow looks like it’s the best of the bunch by miles.

Comment by tarc – May 17, 2012 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow looks like it’s gonna be very and it should be a good pair with supernatural.

Comment by Christian – May 17, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg i can’t believe cw casted Justin Hartley in a medical drama that surely won’t be picked up for the rest of the season. shame shame! I miss kristin kreuk so much i’ll give her show a try. as far as arrow…i see it being cancelled just as birds of prey was. I’d rather have the secret circle. OMG frustrating. carrie diaries is just another gossip girl. boohoo..different dance but same song.

Comment by oliver – May 17, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK. The Ads on this page take the cake. Who does autoplay on video? It is the no. 1 rule for A/V content ! Please fix it.

Comment by Q – May 17, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You axed The Secret Circle for Beauty and the Beast? Really? Kristin Kreuk will always be typecasted as Lana Lang, no matter what show she’s on….

Comment by CloisFan – May 17, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, emly owens s basically frothier grey’s, right? love me some justin hartley but that clip just sucked. Loved the Arrow clip, it looks amazing! not sure on beauty and the beast, love KK but hmmmm. Ps wish everyone would stfu about the secret sodding circle. it was cancelled. you’re bummed. WE GET IT!! But to post on every article that so much as mentions the CW is getting on my last nerve! rant over.

Comment by katy917 – May 17, 2012 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grades for The CW’s new Fall shows: Arrow = A-. Emily Owens, M.D. = C-. Beauty and the Beast = B.

Comment by bad kevin – May 17, 2012 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow is destined to be the CW’s breakout hit if the main character is better than Katniss (The Hunger Games) and Clint Barton aka Hawkeye (Marvel’s The Avengers).

Comment by bad kevin – May 17, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh TSC is DONE its dead! Get over it. All this complaining should have gone into watching it!.

Beauty and The Beast looks great I can’t wait!

Comment by kelly – May 17, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • we obviously did watch it. thats why we’re upset.

Comment by Elyse – May 17, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beauty and the Beast reeks of Twilight even before the vid plays. Watching confirms it. What a disappointment.

Comment by Sad – May 17, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Year of the Archer continues!!!!

Comment by mawhi – May 17, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh dear… this looks so bad!!! ha ha ha Arrow might survive because of the superheroes love from Smallville; Emily Owens, M.D. looks too cliché, but how knows… but Beauty and the Beast LMAO it just looks awful!!

Comment by Manie – May 17, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beauty and the beast looks awful, I hate Kristen Kreuk she has no screen presence, the Dr. Show looks cute I Like Mamie Gummer and Arrow oh my count me in never seen that guy before but hot damn!

Comment by Patricia – May 17, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow looks awesome, I’m surprised and thrilled that they moved Supernatural off of Fridays. It will be strange seeing someone other than Justin Hartley play Oliver Queen…but I’m looking forward to it nonetheless.
    Emily Owens looks painfully generic. I’m kind of not really a fan of Kristin Kreuk, so I’ll probably pass on Beauty and the Beast as well.

Comment by Alex – May 17, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Before watching the clips I was really looking forward to Emily Owens, M.D. formerly known as First Cut and Arrow… but now, I might watch Arrow if only to catch some good eye candy. It didn’t show much but a hot guy doing a bunch of cool tricks, so there’s not much story there, but I’ll give it a shot for the hot guy. As for Emily whatever… looks like it’s going to try and be like Scrubs with the voice overs aka her thoughts, but it’s nowhere near as funny. Pass! As for B&TB… are you frickin’ kidding me!? Lame in more ways than one. Great decision on cutting TSC and Ringer, let me tell you! Wow. Morons.

Comment by Kristen – May 17, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i’m annoyed that they ALL had voiceovers! I think it’s a lazy way to tell a story (or cover up bad acting?). the majority of the hunger games book was in katniss’ head, but they didn’t do voiceover in the movie.

anyway, i know nothing about Arrow, but I’ll probably check it out.

emily owens clip reminded me of the beginning of grey’s, definitely NOT interested. Also, i don’t like the main actress when i’ve seen her on the good wife.

beauty and the beast, I don’t know, i’ll maybe watch the first episode & go from there

Comment by leahbh – May 17, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • is it just me or TSC fans ‘are’ annoying?

Comment by lolly – May 17, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • its just you.

Comment by Elyse – May 17, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it’s just you…and bad grammar

Comment by lauren – May 17, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • haha! yep! I don’t even care about that show tbh..

Comment by shine_heq – May 17, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know if I would call myself an “annoying” TSC fan; I’m not necessarily outraged that they cancelled it in favor of these new shows. Now, am I outraged that they cancelled it (and Ringer) in favor of saving the two piles of creative cow dung known as Gossip Girl and 90210? Hell yes.

Comment by ChrisGa – May 17, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it’s been like a week! give us a break. you have never been bummed that a favorite show was unceremoniously cancelled?

Comment by murley – May 17, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are not the only one as a person who watched TSC I am truly annoyed. Where was all this support when the show was actually on? They are everywhere complaining and complaining. The show was not that good, horribly miscast and weak scripts. It has potential but failed to live up to its promise. People give these shows a chance!

Comment by Mick – May 17, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re being loud at the moment with the hope that another network will notice and give TSC another chance. It’s not that annoying really, plenty of fandoms are much worse for less reason.

Comment by Elke – May 18, 2012 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • not fond of clips, they never tell u ANYTHING. they need to show some better trailers. Arrow looks great tho, will def. keep that one in mind

Comment by Spike – May 17, 2012 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why didnt they just rename First Cut Emily Anatomy? God could that look anymore more like Grey’s(which isnt a bad thing i liked the preview and the cast)

Comment by ggny – May 17, 2012 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m hoping it’s funnier. They are pairing it with Hart of Dixie, so I hope the tone is lighter than Grey’s. Maybe more like Scrubs? I think Mamie Garner is really good (and the only reason I kept watching Off the Map) so I’ll give it a shot just because I think she needs to be on TV more.

Comment by Alice – May 17, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oops Mamie Gummer. Whatever. The Streep kid. She’s awesome.

Comment by Alice – May 17, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It DOES look like Grey’s Anatomy. Too bad because although I like Grey’s, I don’t want to watch a show that can’t come up with an original story line. Of course it won’t be as dramatic as Grey’s (nobody writes that dramatic and soapy as Shonda does) but still, I want it to be different otherwise it’s no fun to watch. Mamie is great though so I’ll watch the pilot and decide after that. Based on this preview it doesn’t look original.

Comment by Caro – May 17, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow looks good. I’ll definitely check that one out.

Comment by Renee – May 17, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Emily Owens MD looks surprisingly good. The lead actress is definitely likable and her doctor friend was mad cute. I’ll try and check it out but CW shows are always so hard to watch just cause they’re on the bottom of the totem pole for recording.

Green Arrow had me sold as soon as he went shirtless and started working out. Yum.

Beauty and the Beast looks so bad. I don’t like that actress. I hate the dark tone of it. Doesn’t look interesting at all. Disney version only for me (OR Once Upon A Time did a good job with the story)

Comment by Mark – May 17, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow seems great but… I can’t dissociate the Green Arrow/Oliver Queen with Justin Hartley, he was just perfect in that character on Smallville! it’s going to be really difficult to see another actor in those shoes when Smallville ended just a little over a year. But I really hope it does well…

Comment by handmadebycris – May 17, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m soooooooo watching Emily Owens MD! And as long as she can show up the b**** from her High School I will watch at catharsis!

Comment by Sara – May 17, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All 3 of the preview shows were the ones I was most interested in and the clips really haven’t changed my opinion. HATE that they retitled First Cut with an even worse name but I like Mamie Gummer and I lust Justin Hartley so that one’s a definite and I think Arrow–despite the lack of Hartley but a still decent stud replacement in Stephen Amell–looks interesting. I want to love B&TB; Kristin Kreuk has a somewhat polarizing effect on me after the awfulness that was Lana Lang on Smallville but I know Kreuk is a decent actress so here’s hoping.

Comment by ChrisGa – May 17, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was just about to bemoan the lack of Justin Hartley in the Arrow clip (*grumble* *grumble*) and then I realized he was in the Emily Owens, M.D. one. I guess that’s somewhat of a consolation… athough it doesn’t really look like a show that will hold my interest. Arrow does, though (even without Justin). I’m still not sure about KK as Catherine, though. :/

Comment by Moryssa – May 17, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still can’t believe they saved Hart of Dixie over The Secret Circle. Emily Owens, M.D. and Arrow tickle my fancy from CW but i must say this whole new season of shows lacks something…imagination!!!

Comment by greysfan – May 17, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is one thing i forgot to say. I am actually surprised that Disney is allowing CBS to use the Beauty and The Beast name. I thought Disney was more protective of their names than that.

Comment by greysfan – May 17, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You do realize that Beauty and the Beast is an old fairytale which was first published in print form in the 1700′s, that is, much much earlier than Disney was even born! So how does CBS/Disney ‘own’ the title or the tale? Nobody owns fairytales, especially Disney since they basically just mellowed all the Grimm’s Tales which are pretty dark.

Comment by Girish – May 17, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • B&B was a procedural in the 1980s and CBS owns rights to the show and CBS owns half of the CW, i.e why the CW could remake the show.

Comment by Mick – May 17, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW!and after 11,show cancelled

Comment by RON – May 17, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I might actually be into Arrow.

I looks good to be honest.

I love Justin Hartley but I’m glad I can catch him doing something else…that Aquaman pilot with him (from a few years ago) should have been picked up Ha!

I’ll test out the Medical Drama he’s on but as much as i love him i might stick around for it if its like another Grey’s

Comment by Sasha – May 17, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTH idea was it to rename ‘First Cut’ to Emily Owens MD? lmao that is a terrible title. I was actually going to give the show a try but nope not anymore. Sorry Justin you are just not enough anymore. The title alone has turned me off! I take it will revolved around that girl character? It already sound like other dr shows to begin with but 2 things it had going for it were Justin and its title ‘First Cut’ now only has Justin. Sorry not enough.

Comment by S – May 17, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …Today I learned a tv show’s title is now a decisive factor in watching it.

Comment by kavyn – May 17, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not for me. But I learned that fact when there was new show called “Cougar Town”.

Comment by DJ Doena – May 17, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • STFU about TSC. Its canceled GET OVER IT! Guess what it didn’t get the ratings. HOD got the better ratings over TSC and Ringer so it was renewed. Don’t compare it with GG or 90210 or any other CW show since they been on way longer… These new shows have nothing to do with your precious TSC gmab it was not that good if anything boring imo

Comment by S – May 17, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that’s your opinion as you state. others have theirs, and want TSC back. by being vocal about it they are trying to accomplish something. no need to tell them to ‘stfu’ when they are being passionate about a show they want to see on tv again. that is all.

Comment by lauren – May 17, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • thanks for being such a d i c k about it.

Comment by murley – May 17, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THANK you. Geez, it’s like we’re talking to blithering morons here. The Secret Circle had the best lead-in on the network, and squandered it week after week. The storytelling was amatuerish, the plots were insipid (how many weeks did we have to argue about “binding the circle” or “avoiding the hunters” or “the fire 16 years ago” or “finding the crystals” ?? Ughhh! The ratings weren’t there…people weren’t watching, and it was only going to get worse. I know it’s hard to let some shows go, guys, but as much as we liked several of those SC actors, the show itself was going nowhere. I’m frankly shocked that K.Williamson produced something so boring. Are the books that bad, too?

Comment by Marc – May 17, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree on TSC having plot issues. They didn’t do much magic at all until the end of the season! We kept hearing about how “binding the circle” would make them more powerful, but they never did anything except unlock doors! I bet if the circle had actually cast spells and done cool magic, the show might not have been cancelled. And the way they opened the show with Gale Harold’s character looking to be an awesome villian, only to have him rewritten as a wimp was a terrible decision. I was a fan of the show, but I can admit that it had problems. I just think that it deserved a second season to prove that it could get better.

Comment by Mikael – May 18, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The problem is, it DID have a second chance….. in total it had 22 chances to prove it was worth something and it failled. It was improving, but too slowly, and while the fan base is being very vocal now, it obvioulsy wasn’t vocal enough to save the show initially, so I don’t see what posting on every CW article will do. I was starting to enjoy the show, but felt very blah about it, it wasn’t exciting, it didn’t have me on the edge of my seat, I couldn’t get invested in any of the cast, I saw no chemistry between any of the cast and there wasn’t enough magic. The story went around and around and the lines were unbearably cheesey and unrealistic. The premise should have worked, it was by Kevn Williamson and based on a really great series of books, but somehow they blew it in every way possible. Bad cast, bad writing, bad plots and subplots, bad characters, bad dialogue just plain bad! Where TVD was creative enough to not use the books and still have a good show, I think TSC may have benefitted from followng the books a little more closesly, as it didn;t feel like the writers had a clue what the end game would be. And they didn’t take things into consideration that really needed an explaination. The biggest bug bear for me was the parents. 6 for a circle, but 12 parents. Never explained. Plus, did nobody think something was hinky when SIX teenaged couples all got married and had kids before they even graduated high school?? Nick and Jake’s parents must have been, what, 15 at the oldest when Jake was born if he’s supposed to be 3 years older than everyone else. It didn’t make any sense and was never dealt with! I think there were just too many holes in plots that went around in cicrles and seemed to have no destination. I think the premise and idea were great and I was really excited about the show, but it just didn’t work. It is sad and upsetting, yes, especially for people who enjoyed the show, but that’s life unfortunately, and sometimes life sucks. And sometimes you have to admit that shows can suck, too.

Comment by katy917 – May 18, 2012 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You’re so right!

Comment by handmadebycris – May 18, 2012 10:30 AM PDT
        • Thanks

Comment by Saeed nazemi – August 17, 2012 12:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, I’m hooked….Arrow looks amazing. I want to like Emily Owens because I love Justin and I will give it a chance but based on the preview, it looks like a less enchanting version of Hart of Dixie.
    BB was ok…the preview didn’t leave a huge impression. It looks like a mash up of Twilight and Beast the movie. But Kristin looks beautiful…she never seems to age. I hope the show works out for her and she’s known for something better than Lana Lang (not that it takes much to eclipse that character).

Comment by Sarah – May 17, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This isn’t the Beauty and The BEast based on the 80s series with Ron Perman is it? Did that get picked up?

Comment by JASon – May 17, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh no!! I just looked it up. It is!! What a let down!! They put a scar on him??? The whole point was Vincent had to live underground because he looked like he was from a different species and couldn’t live with humans. They should have just got Ron Perlman to do the show and put the make up on him again. Of course they have to have a hunk play Vincent because it’s the CW!! What a joke and a slap in the face to the old fans!!!!

Comment by JASon – May 17, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow looked the best and plus he’s hot so I’ll be really surprised if its not a hit. B&B looks like it could have potential but Kristin needs to step it up sorry. Emily was eh but Justin was cute but Emily talking to herself was a bit much and again the title change yuck

Comment by S – May 17, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow looks like it could be cool. Beauty and the Beast looks absolutely horrible. I didn’t even waste my time on the medical drama!

Comment by Duke Silver – May 17, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should have showed something more with Beauty and the beast but how is it like Twilight? and why do people always compare things to Twilight? ^ lol

Comment by S – May 17, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s annoying how everything gets compared to Twilight when it all vampire/werewolf type love stories descend from Beauty and the Beast (and the tale’s predecessor). Obviously there will always be a comparison between anything about Beauty and the Beast and Twilight since Twilight stems from the same themes and type of story: a human falling in love with a beast (vampire) by seeing past the beast. Bella is even Beauty in Italian. It astounds me that so few people recognize that Twilight is just another interpretation of the animal bridegroom folk tale.

Comment by Autumn – May 17, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the actor playing Arrow looked familiar saw him on Private Practice before. I thought he was hot on there too haha. I hope it works out for him cause it really does look the best from these 3 and he looks like he worked out some more too.

Comment by S – May 17, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was interested in Beauty and the Beast until they cast Kristin Kreuk in it. UGH, she’s awful!

Comment by EveatEden – May 17, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FYI HOD didn’t get higher ratings than TSC. TSC was the highest rated show after TVD.
    CW are just idiots for cancelling it. They could of really promoted it well. This new show replacing it just looks rubbish. And really CW that what you call a beast? Just facepalm.
    Bring TSC please!

Comment by Spencer – May 17, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I work for a CW affiliate and just saw the full-length trailers for all five new shows. Trust me, folks, they all look amazing. There won’t be any need to watch other channels this fall. The dramatic turnaround that the new president has brought is staggering.

Comment by Marc – May 17, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Does anyone know if these trailers are going to be released?? And based on what I’ve heard, CW will be the network to watch next season. I’ve heard amazing things. This new president really knows what he is doing.

Comment by Autumn – May 17, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m not going to lie, but both of you you guys sound like plants for the network. If you’re not, well then I’m glad you are excited for the The CW. I do have to agree with you though, the president does seem to have some knowledge when it comes to programming (much more than Dawn Ostroff).

Comment by Fabe – May 17, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Real plants wouldn’t make the mistake of kissing up to the CW president! Viewers don’t care about that! Hahaha very awkward mistake. Just tout the shows and talka bout how awesome they are and how you’re already B&B shippers. What’s the right name for that Beausters? Argh talk about awkward.

Comment by Temis – May 17, 2012 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Talented people can make great trailers out of even the worst TV shows. If the CW needs it’s employees to hype up the shows as much as it can, it doesn’t bode well for the network. I will make up my own mind if the shows are good when fall comes. Arrow and Cult are the only ones that i’m looking forward to.

Comment by Sarah – May 17, 2012 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So when’s the trailer for Cult coming out? That’s the one I want to see. Not into superheroes, teen angst fantasy or doctor shows, but Alaric vs. T-Bag sounds like a blast!

Comment by Temis – May 17, 2012 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really not liking so much voice over. These are TV shows – tell the story visually!!! Still, I’m excited for Arrow and I hope they will fix this minor issue.

Comment by Melody Paris – May 17, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched all of the previews and I’m mildly interested in Emily Owens. I’d be more interested if Justin Hartley had his shirt off.

I’m old enough to remember the 80s Beauty And The Beast, so I’m not sure what to think about this one, especially if this guy only has a tiny scar over chiseled cheekbones. He should be BEASTLY.

Comment by Kira – May 17, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post