A&E Cancels Breakout Kings After Two Seasons

Get More: Cancellations, News

Breakout Kings CancelledA&E has pulled the plug on Breakout Kings after two low-rated seasons.

The show’s demise was foreshadowed earlier this week when Kings co-creator Matt Olmstead joined NBC’s new drama Chicago Fire as exec producer/showrunner.

Co-star Malcolm Goodwin confirmed the cancellation on Twitter Thursday evening and thanked fans for “the luv & support over the last 2 seasons! It’s been a fun experience! Much luv! On to the next.”

Comments (147)

• Am curious…. whch low ratings are they talking about….am all the way in Kenya n i loved this show…..There is no way this show had low ratings….C’mon…I loved it to the last episode….Renew it pliz..

Comment by Jullz – November 15, 2012 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That sucks hard I loved that show! Geez! All the good ones get canceled!

Comment by Amber – December 8, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s BS. I been waiting for the show to return. No wonder why. Who is to blame, the network or the peice of $’%#+ viewers who give ratings to these crappy reality shows. Lets all buy the two seasons and hope it will come back like family guy did. And as for A&E, I’m blocking the channel. Arts and Entertainment my ass!!!! More like Assholes and Elbows!!!!

Comment by Ryan – December 9, 2012 11:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :( Super Disappointed. I don’t think A&E had the right info about how many people actually watched this show… Sad it got cancelled….

Comment by Susan Kelly – December 10, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is bs, I see shows that have to rank way lower, like…….. Mob wives, jersey shore, come one, that show was 10 times better. Rip break out kings. I still have my walking dead show, and dexter as well as breaking bad. I hate watching reality, who really watches rich woman being bored or over payed actors or actresses who suck ass?

Comment by Bugsy – January 25, 2013 01:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On****

Comment by Bugsy – January 25, 2013 01:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was a total let down now I don’t blame some ppl when they say they don’t watch shows till its in at least the 3rd season. I REALLY like this show, I even got my cousin into it. It would be GREAT if another network picks this show up. I’m praying to the gods that this happen. A&E BAD MOVE!

Comment by nathania – February 10, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That really sucks we’ve been waiting all year. Why do we have to watch the same shows with ‘different’ people? Every tv shows is the same, it isn’t that we would rather watch those shows its nobody is willing to come out with something new new and stand behind it.

Comment by nicole – March 7, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know all of us are really torked off at these Jagoffs for taking a good show off the air and putting “Reality” in its place. The fact is this makes me even more mad seeing how many people on other sites such as this one that really liked…..Screw that loved Break out kings. But the shows problem was there was no TNA, Abusive languge, and Dance mom child abuse and for that reason great 5 star shows like this will never last on tv; even though I am only twenty-three I remember when shows like this stayed on for years and now they are taken off the air to make room for trash. THE PRODUCERS OF A&E NEED TO PULL THEIR HEADS FROM WHERE THE SUN DON”T SHINE AND THINK FOR OUNCE!!!

Comment by Seth – April 1, 2013 04:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so many good shows cancelled…. if its a money issue maybe A&E should put there hand out..

Comment by bill – April 4, 2013 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i cant believe this show was canceled, i hate wanting to watch a series on netflix and finding out that the show is canceled and there is no ending

Comment by savannah – April 7, 2013 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This just really bites! If A&E was a person: I’d literally shoot them in both their legs, throw them off the edge of the friggin Eiffel Tower, then (dead or alive) leave them stranded in a hole Somewhere so the weeping angels can send their ass back in time to the dinosaur age to have a t-Rex eat their face off. I’m just do tired of all these dumb ass shows being in the spotlight when CLEARLY other shows are actually worth the time. Anyone with a thirst for
    Knowledge and a decent IQ would prefer Breakout Kings over the bounty hunter , those rednecks who catch hogs, and storage wars. SERIOUSLY? Storage wars?! WHAT. Is. Happening. To. The. World. Everytime I had to sit through storage wars just to watch breakout kings, I felt like my brain was turning into tapioca pudding. WTH. F- you A&E. F-YOU. Eventually the cancellation of these great shows will blow up in your face, and I hope when it does, you cry. I’m going to go read a book now, because I’m smart enough not to watch your crappy shows.

Comment by Erika – April 8, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well with every channel canceling good shows for reality crap, it just gives all of us one more reason to cancle the cable and go to Netflix. Cheaper, no commercials are a few more. Jus sayin

Comment by Tony – April 9, 2013 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring on season 3!!!

Comment by Nicholas – April 11, 2013 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bad decision A&E. Probably going to replace it with another scripted “reality” show. We’re sick of the reality shows. Cheapskates.

Comment by jnorm – April 20, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg!!! This show was good, too good to be cancelled. There’s a lot of crap on TV and this was not one of those shows that fell in that category. Love all the actors & actresses, a more “real” feel. Their characters weren’t all perfect and rich with white a picket fence. They had real problems and real lives, thanks to the writer, when a viewer can connect and associate with the characters that’s what’s up! Thanks for two seasons, hope to see it on again in the future xo

Comment by Amy – May 4, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not surprised. I always thought A&E has some of the lamest shows and I just got through telling my granddaughter that Breakout Kings was probably one of the best series on TV and knowing A&E’s habit of constantly shooting themselves in the foot, they probably didn’t renew it. And of course, A&E never shatters my apathy. This show had some of the best acting, writing and dialog of any series ever produced. Note that I watch a LOT of series. Online mostly as a small way of boycotting the cable companies for perpetuating the ongoing lie of all big business (better, cheaper, faster, more, take your pick). Sort of like, how ATMs were going to save banking customers so much money. Hilarious.

Comment by Rick Chandler – May 12, 2013 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was a spectacular show. Never should have been canceled. Y are they selling DVDs for the 1st two seasons if nobody watched…as the network claimed. Some reality shows are ok at best. Breakout kings was a masterpiece Imagine how many different ways they could have taken this show. I know they go by ratings. But put it on a different night and/or time and watch breakout kings go to the top.

Comment by Paul Demirs – May 21, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow i am really upset with the fact tha this show is cancled. I literally just finished the 2nd season and i really wanted to know what happened next theni find out that it has been cancled! I have already said this once before… I am really upset that this happened. I am going to miss lloyd shea erica and julian. That combination was really something else. Once again i am upset and i hope there WILL be a season 3.

Comment by Julius – May 21, 2013 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You can’t do that after the last show I had my hopes up on what happens next fml

Comment by Dominik – July 8, 2013 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m tired of getting into a new show and then they just f’n cancel it and this is why I dont watch TV anymore!

Comment by lee – August 24, 2013 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just discovered this show December 20th on Netflix. I had never heard of it. When I read about its cancellation I was as disappointed as the next person.

Comment by sylvia – December 25, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s what happens when you kill off the LEAD actor!! Laz Alonzo was by far the only reason I watched this show!! I definitely stopped watching after the sorry way they killed him off.

Comment by Tracey – January 18, 2014 10:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just finished watching both seasons, (I watched them all in 2 days because I loved it so much) and was hoping for more but I guess it’s not to be

Comment by Jacob – February 22, 2014 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post