A&E Cancels Breakout Kings After Two Seasons

Get More: Cancellations, News

Breakout Kings CancelledA&E has pulled the plug on Breakout Kings after two low-rated seasons.

The show’s demise was foreshadowed earlier this week when Kings co-creator Matt Olmstead joined NBC’s new drama Chicago Fire as exec producer/showrunner.

Co-star Malcolm Goodwin confirmed the cancellation on Twitter Thursday evening and thanked fans for “the luv & support over the last 2 seasons! It’s been a fun experience! Much luv! On to the next.”

Comments (147)

• NOOOO!!! I ESPECIALLY LOVED JIMMI ON HERE!! BUT I LOVED EVERY OTHER CHARACTER ALSO!!!?!? WTf?!? Is there anything we can do to change your minds :[

Comment by grace – May 20, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OH COME ON!!! I HATE those stupid reality shows, yet..they’re still on, with more every day. This was one of my favorite shows. I should just stop watching tv, my mom always said it’ll rot my brain, lol. My shows always get cancelled because I like the good ones. My son even said they would cancel because it was so good. … What a shame.

Comment by kayaker – May 21, 2012 04:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very much upset about this news. I LOVED THE SHOW :( Seriously, what else is there?! House (FOX) gone…The Nine lives of Chloe King (ABC) gone..and now Breakout Kings gone… This keeps going… I’ll make sure to watch the ones that actually make it on netflix…that way I’ll know which ones made it pass the ‘trial’ period…. very very unfortunate. Lloyd…YOU were the best!

Comment by jossier – May 21, 2012 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ‘why cancel Breakout kings> It is a great show. Thoughtful, entertaining, A group of damaged individuals come to gether to do good work. sure there is an incentive but it is still not an easy assignment. Please rethinik this. So little good tv and now another one is getting kicked to the curve, Do we really need another “Housewifes: Show or babies wearing tiaras. or self serving singles trying to hooki up. Let A & E know, we want this show……

Comment by Judy – May 21, 2012 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS IS TOTAL B.S.!!! Lemme guess, gonna be replaced by Redneck Wards or Tool Shed Wars, etc etc…I’m pissed. screw A&E

Comment by Chris Oaks – May 21, 2012 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrible news All characters were great. Second season grew so much from the first season. I hope Jimmi is picked up with a large role after this. Very sad to hear this show is over. It was the only A&E show to would look forward to…

Comment by Mike – May 22, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow I miss that show they should have given it another season and did more promo…they see how the CW dropped The Game and BET picked it up and it a hit….promo is key

Comment by Tammy Ambers – May 23, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sad to see Breakout Kings go. I really enjoyed the show- the action, the potential for redemption, the wit amongst characters. sigh. another one bites the dust.

Comment by Bianca – May 23, 2012 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is it when the show is good, you can it? At least USA ended In Plain Sight without questions as to what happened next.

Comment by Judy Edwards – May 23, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I truly enjoyed this show. It was a unique twist on the cop drama. The should at least do a closing movie or something!!!!

Comment by K L Johnson – May 24, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is sad the show has been cancelled. I stopped watching when Laz Alonso (DuChamp) was taken off the series. Wish it could have stayed for the many fans. BTW, I love Jimmy Simpson’s character, Lloyd. I hope he finds another series to showcase his wonderful talent.

Comment by Denise – May 24, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man wth I loved this show super ticked off they cancel all the great shows for crap reality shows that are not even worth anyone’s time that’s all tv is coming to is crap and they wonder y every one has Netflix wise up ppl

Comment by nik – May 25, 2012 01:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woah seriously.. I start watching it on Netflix, 2 days later I’m done both seasons, google to see when season 3 is, BOOM; CANCELLED. This show was asbsolutly amazing!!!! How the hell does this get cancelled when they still play parking wars, etc…. What is wrong with this world </3

Comment by Krystal – May 29, 2012 01:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is the matter with A&E cancelling a really good show. Totally agree with Kelly…..

Comment by Suesan – June 2, 2012 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrible news! I loved this show. I’m sick and tired of the “reality TV” shows. This show actually had a storyline and great characters that you enjoyed watching. I hope they bring it back on another channel. A&E should really change their minds. This was the only show I watched on A&E. Now I have only 2 more shows on TV…will be reading a whole lot more. TV has gone to the “reality shows”, which all suck atrociously. Wish all of the actors the best. Thanks for the 2 seasons. Terrible decision A&E, SMH.

Comment by Xiomara – June 2, 2012 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not surprised they cancelled this show….it was actually good, different and thought provoking. With all the garbage reality shows and programs that make you feel stupider just watching them, Im not shocked that this is gone. Pretty soon the higher ups at the networks are going to get their shock when they find that people are sick of watching crap, sick of watching shows they liked only to have them pulled and are happy to watch You Tube or movies…anything other than tv. It’s real sad tv has come to this becuz of a few selfish higher ups

Comment by Cheryl P. – June 4, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cancel Breakout Kings but keep Parking Wars WOW!!!!!!!

Comment by Anthony – June 8, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OH NOOOO. Boy this hasn’t been my year. Don’t watch reality(scripted TV). FOX cancelled everything I watched exceptFringe and Bones,SYFY left a few but also cancelled most of my shows. Who do they prgram for anyway.

Comment by Kate Lowell – June 12, 2012 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what the hell. A great original show with a great cast. This sucks. Now what more “reality tv” Tv will soon be gone and the internet shows will take over.

Comment by ny44 – June 15, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Tell them to put it back it doesn’t matter about the rating people this days don’t know how to RATE a show. To be Honest A&E You suck why would you take that show off when theres thousands of people in U.S.A that love it and this show has alot of action. Best show from a rate to 1 to 10 I’ll rate it a 10.

Comment by Bryan – June 18, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe I know what’s wrong with network executives. They don’t actually watch the shows or listen to the fans. They are only interested in sweeps numbers and ratings. Real people don’t watch live TV anymore. We watch when it’s convenient for us now, not them. We watch on our DVR, or On Demand, Hulu, Netflix, websites and apps. That’s why ratings appear to be low on awesome shows. They just need to pull their heads out of their asses and they will notice it’s the 21st Century.

Comment by Tvbseb – June 18, 2012 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Breakout kings is cancelled and they keep crap like storage wars?? Well, no reason to watch A&E anymore.

Comment by Disappointed in the so-called experts of programming – June 23, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was an incredible show. Jimmi Simpson was so damn adorable. What a loss.

Comment by FRANCES – June 26, 2012 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Зачем закрыли? Пока сюжет не спекся могли бы еще на один сезон продлить. Ведь зрителям нравится же.

Comment by Полина – June 30, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People stopped watching when they killed off Laz Alonzo’s character

Comment by Phil – June 30, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont understand why this show had to be canceled you need to ask the people that watched it and let them rate it. Tv is starting to suck so bad A&E needs to put this show back on and stop messing with a good show.

Comment by Daniel – July 3, 2012 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew it!! The second season was good but it had turned into the Ray and Erica show. Still Lloyd was awesome and his budding relationship was heating up. Oh well. We’ll never know….

Comment by Netta – July 4, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really… Cancelled??? why not cancel those crappy reality shows and continue with the good shows, No wonder your ratings are low, people do not want to watch the shows because when it gets good you cancel it… Pathetic!!!!!

Comment by Jacques – July 9, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is terrible!! :( this was a wonderful show!! It was getting better every episode!! They didnt even give it a chance 2 develope good enough for people to get interested!! This was one of thE BEST SHOWS in recent tv viewing!! They SHOULD HAVE taken the budget from all the STUPID “reality” shows!! So what ya found something in a storage locker SO OLD!! & give me a break-DUCK CALL DYNASTY!! PLEASE!! & i was telling everybody i knew to start watching & catch up on the first 2 seasons cause it was 1 of THE BEST SHOWS ON TV! THIS IS WHY NOBODY WATCHES “NEW” SHOWS!! (TO GET A CHANCE @ GOOD RATINGS) CONSTANT DISAPOINTMENT! :’(

Comment by Charlie – July 10, 2012 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • seriously? i don’t watch much TV but i did enjoy this show, and the cliffhanger on the season finale was very interesting. I find it hard to believe this show had less active viewers then the other crap they play year after year like “storage wars” “parking wars” and other such similar crap.. no room for quality writing i suppose, I won’t be watching anything on A&E anymore..

Comment by Catherine Alderman – July 12, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! We shuld all boycott a&e

Comment by allysha – September 23, 2012 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That really sucks!! I really liked this show! Why are all the good shows getting cancelled?

Comment by shawna – July 14, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i was seeing the show from Puerto Rico and found it incredibly fantastic. why cancelled, dont know but big mistake

Comment by Daisy Martinez – July 17, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You freakin suck! That was A&E’s best show!!! Go to the Underworld!!!!!!

Comment by Haileigh – July 22, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes it does suck. why i was waiting for the new season where it left off. why do people do this? when the series On Plain Sight was also being cancelled they did the finale so no one was left hanging when mary gave birth. why don’t all these series that are going to be cancel do the same and the viewers at least have the opportunity to see a good finale. Example: the closer. these producers really need to know how to please the viewers and followers. they must give us at least a good finale so we can keep seeing series or everyone then will stop seeing due their lack of competence.

Comment by Daisy Martinez – July 23, 2012 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is the reason why I got cable..hate reality shows…time to cancel the cable

Comment by jenn – July 22, 2012 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This really sucks!! I loved this show what the hect good shows get cancelled while these lame reality shows dont get canceled. Smh :/

Comment by Yami – July 23, 2012 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SOOOOO SAD!!! I loved Breakout kings!!

Comment by sarah – July 27, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why!!!!!????? That show was so amazing! Like… It was different. It gave a different look to criminals and everything. Like…. OMG that’s just outragous. And it’s not like you ended it on a good note you left the show on a dag on cliff hanger! like you could have at least ended it on a good note or when it was dry or something. Like… This is literally heart breaking :’(

Comment by Christina Smith – August 4, 2012 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WE THE FANS DEMAND A COMEBACK!!

Comment by Amythist Marie – August 6, 2012 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes we do!!! Come back!!!!!!!!…… diff network wulda worked for them!

Comment by allysha – September 23, 2012 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rhis is one of the best shows out honestly struggle to see why it had low ratings I’m gutterd I would have l

Comment by Jamie – August 19, 2012 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My husband and I were looking on line to find out when the new season started and saw that it has been cancelled. We are so bombed out… This was a great show.

Comment by Stacey – August 20, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats wrong with these ppl? off to the NEXT?? do they even realize how many hearts they just broke? ):( this CANT be happening! SERIOUSLY! I feel like punching them! Im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gonna miss Lloyd. :( I wish that after seeing all of our comments and how many ppl love this show they’d continue.This really HURTS.

Comment by Nina Blokar – August 25, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS IS BOLOGNA MY WHOLE FAMILY HAS BEEN WAITING FOR THIS. FORGET YOU PRODUCERS. YOU DONT KNOW WHAT GREAT IS

Comment by CYN – August 29, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really bummed. I loved Breakout Kings. The problem was the network it was on. Not enough exposure.

Comment by Sandra Kohn – September 8, 2012 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very very upset about this… totally agree. One cliffhanger… two chicago fire?…. u guys culdnt have thought of something else to do besides cxl the one. Non reality show worth watching on the network??? Wth : /

Comment by allysha – September 23, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Quite good topic

Comment by icon design – September 24, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Breakout kings was awesome and as a lot of people have said why does a good tv show get replaced with a supposed reality show?

Comment by Liz – September 27, 2012 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2 seasons of low ratings? Who the hell are they asking??? A&E…MISTAKE!

Comment by Rw – October 1, 2012 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This stinks..thought it was returning this fall…been anxiousely awaiting..hope it gets picked up by someone…great show.

Comment by jim – October 9, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FOR ALL OF YOU PEOPLE THAT LOVED BREAKOUT KINGS I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY STATIONS CUT OFF GOOD SHOWS AND KEEP ONES THAT ARE NOT SO GOOD. I USED TO WATCH CHICAGO CODE AND TERRA NOVA UNTIL FOX CANCELED THEM. THAT IS WHY I NOW DO NOT WATCH FOX. IS A&E GOING TO START BEING LIKE FOX? WHO KNOWS?

Comment by ALVIN – October 20, 2012 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post