It's Official: Game Over For Tia Mowry, Pooch Hall

Get More: Casting News, News

The Game Pooch Hall Tia MowryThe Game is losing two key players.

Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall, who portrayed married couple Melanie and Derwin, will not be returning to the BET series as regulars for Season 6, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

“As a result of Pooch’s involvement on a new project [Showtime's Ray Donovan], BET is in the process of reworking the casting and storyline of the show,” the network said in a statement. “While we will miss the incredible adventures of Melanie and Derwin on The Game, we appreciate all of their hard work, the laughs and wish them both the best on their future endeavors.”

The network is hopeful that both actors “will make several guest appearances.”

Mowry broke the news of her departure yesterday, tweeting, “Just wanted to let all my fans know that I will not be returning to The Game for Season 6. It was an incredible run and I had lots of fun.”

Back for Season 6 are Wendy Raquel Robinson, Coby Bell, Hosea Chanchez, Brandy Norwood and Barry A. Floyd.

Comments (221)

• The new season is dead in the water. I only loved the show because Derwin and Melanie were just like my husband and I in so many ways. I already don’t like it and haven’t even seen it yet

Comment by Tara – February 26, 2013 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree the game sucks on bet 1st no kelly they made itmore about stars being on the show not the show hopefully this will be the last season

Comment by charlotte – March 26, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring Derwin and Mel and Kelly back…Bring Derwin and Mel and Kelly back…Bring Derwin and Mel and Kelly back…Bring Derwin and Mel and Kelly back…Bring Derwin and Mel and Kelly back…Bring Derwin and Mel and Kelly back…Bring Derwin and Mel and Kelly back.

Comment by Brenda Jones – March 26, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not going to be the same! Should attemp to get them back or will loose a lot of fans if the show!

Comment by pOochie – March 26, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tonight’s episode was good but, if you take Derwin out it wouldn’t have been? No one can replace original characters!

Comment by pOochie – March 26, 2013 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont think Derwin & Melanie made the show. I think Tasha Mack make the show. As long as she doesnt go anywhere…they should be fine. I loved the 1st episode. It’s gonna be a great season.

Comment by Yolanda – March 26, 2013 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Hate The Fact That Derwin And Meline Will Not Be Returning Whats The Hole Point Just Turn The Show Off Its So Boring The New People Have No Point Of Beging There So Now I Hate Your Show Nd Im Never Waching It Again You Just Lost A Fan Or More Then Just Me It Sucks You Guys Just Should Never Had A 6 Session :(

Comment by Miriam gonzalez – March 26, 2013 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Loved When Derwin Nd Melanie Were Ib It They Are The Ones Who Mad The Hole Show Sence The Beging Of The Game Nd Now You Put Him Out What Ever It Sucks Now So ….The Detector You Need To Change Things Around If Not The Turn It Off !!!!

Comment by Miriam gonzalez – March 26, 2013 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tia and Pooch’s charactes will be missed. Watch 1st episode of season 6.Didn’t enjoy it as much as I use to…

Comment by Tranica – March 27, 2013 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im undecided whether or not i will continue watching the game. Tia and Derwin really carried out the show to me ! i would tune in just to be intune with what was going on with them. i mean i love all the old cast members but it will not be the same without melanie derwin nor kelly. Tashas girls are gone !!! and our favorite young married and in love couple(black couple) are GONE. Producers better come to grips quick because ratings will drop if they cant deliver !! im a fan already dropping because my dynamic duo isnt apart … PLEASE bring melanie and derwin davis BACK !! we love them !!

Comment by breyanna – March 28, 2013 01:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i saw the new game i didn-t like it need pooch and tia back

Comment by Daniella Moreland – March 28, 2013 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im Voting,, Bring Back Med School and, Rookie…Im all for that.I will try to watch it to see if I still feel the same about it. It better be some good writing.

Comment by Pr'phec Hamilton – April 2, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They first messed up by taking Kelly Pitts off, her & Jasons roll were hilarious & vital..then to add Brandy’s whack played out, front lace wig wearing, horrible acting self to the show was horrible, please replace her soon, that’s who really should’ve been wrote off!!! Next how foolish was it for them to let Melanie & Derwin go? Are you serious? Melanie, Derwin, Jason, Tasha & Malik make the show what it is, & have brought it as far as it has come, a lot of fans had broken hearts!!! SMH B.E.T, SMH

Comment by Melly – April 4, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well it wont be the same without pooch and tia and kelly

Comment by davina – April 7, 2013 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched the first episode of the new season of The Game it was ok but not nearly as good as when I first started watching it I was really sad when Derwin left and even sadder when I found ouy Melanie wasn’t even returning I was like I can’t believe there gone The Game is definitely not a show that I will be very excited to watch at all now

Comment by Kaleah – April 11, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Melanie & Derwin were the most pitiful couple in the history of couples – without question.
    They whine -they embarrass themselves – they are the joke of the show, out-joking airhead Jason, out – mishapping ghetto Tasha, and out-stupiding Malik.

The show is a collection of ethically challenged self-serving lowlifes. BET can do better. Much better.

Comment by tj the dj – April 16, 2013 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The new shows are just down right stupid the writer’s have taken all the class out the Game. The new actors just put African Americans in a negative light not all pro ballers act out in this way. It just a shame I hope this new game just will go away BET ought to just think before doing sometimes they need to get a clue

Comment by Nicole – July 31, 2013 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Comments: I don’t have a “favorites” list of video games because over the years and all the different genres and platforms, I think it’s
    impossible to create a fair and accurate list; however, if there is one game I claim to be my
    favorite it’s Halo: Combat Evolved. When these tickets are redeemed, players can unlock hats and outfits, such as a full body Luigi costume, it’s
    his year after all. Most of the GBA’s top titles will
    run perfectly here. The Nintendo Wii U version of ‘The Legend of Zelda:
    Wind Waker’ will be released in North America sometime in late
    2013. Game Ogre has a list of many of these games and
    links to their websites.

Comment by Samantha – November 15, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is TERRIBLE now. BET made a gigantic mistake writing off Melanie and Derwin. If anything, they should have done a spin off and changed the name. At least keep the original integrity of “The Game” intact.

If they were smart, they’d have them back on as a guest as a way of keeping them involved in the show. I find it ridiculous that these people were all like “family” and now nobody keeps in touch with them. What, the Davis’ never come back to visit? Tasha was about to carry Melanie’s baby and now they don’t speak? This sh*t is awful! BET needs to fire their writer ASAP because this story is so unrelistic.

Comment by Tee – December 4, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Mel coming back and Derwin

Comment by Tara bby – December 31, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The game is not fun to watch anymore. I wish derwin and melody can return back to the game. They made the show. The game was awesome. I prefer to watch the reruns because the returns are better than than season 6. Please bring derwin and melody back to the game.

Comment by windy – March 30, 2014 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post