Grey's Anatomy First Look: Watch the Opening Minutes of This Week's Harrowing Finale!

Get More: Finales, First Look, Video

Fasten your seat belts Grey’s Anatomy fans, ’cause Thursday’s season finale is going to be one Helluva. Bumpy. Ride.

The heart-pumping hour picks up pretty much where last week’s week’s penultimate episode left off — with the plane carrying Derek, Meredith, Lexie, Mark, Cristina and Arizona crash landing in the middle of nowhere.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Finale Preview — Who’s Going to Die?!

Press PLAY below to watch the chaotic opening minutes of the Season 8 swan song and then say a nice little prayer for the victims in the comments section below!

Loading video...

PHOTOS AND VIDEO | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New!

Comments (559)

• What they should have done is not post who’s resigned for the next seasons so that they could keep the shock factor.. This finale would be so much more exciting to watch ifwe didn’t knew that the main characters are coming back next season.. They make television series for years and they couldn’t think about not releasing the contracts to the press just yet?

Comment by Yiota (@empty_rooms) – May 17, 2012 02:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is so many ways this could and Torres is my fave so I don’t want it to be Arizona and I hope it’s not Lexi or mark or really any of them! It would add a twist tho if teddy was the one so hang would have to be there to concole Owen bc him and teddy underneath their bickering and not getting along we’re really close friends and not so close when they left!

Comment by Kacieb – May 17, 2012 03:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTH?? Standing there talking next to someone with a plane parked on her abdomen? Screaming her lungs out? Seriously? Run off and leave her there? Seriously? Some crazytown banana pants doctors I guess :O

Comment by Cottage101 – May 17, 2012 04:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you watch the whole clip (on abc.com if you’re in the states, or youtube if you’re not), then you will see this clip on this site is heavily edited. They DO acknowledge Arizona, but only by Cristina yelling at her to shut up. You later see, she was not actually trapped, as after they left her, she managed to sit up. But she has a NASTY broken leg (vom inducing!). She gets hysterical laughing, because of the irony that she’s married to an ortho surgeon and is sat looking at her own broken bone.

Comment by katy917 – May 17, 2012 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, so if an actor signed a new contract, does that really mean his character is safe? I mean the writers can kill anyone whenever they want! According to ausiello, the 3 main characters are safe, as are jackson, mark and bailey.
    If it has to be a real shocker and affect the most people, it would have to be derek.. I mean, that would also fit the blind item about a lead and loved male character biting the dust (or did i miss the resolving of that one?)
    If those who signed are safe, that would mean it’s not derek nor richard. So that woul leave us with lexie, april, teddy, owen, callie and arizona. The one who would have the biggest impact on the others would be lexie. But it’s true that greys has not bern to the suicide storyline yet so that could be kepner… I wouldn’t thibk it as a shocking death though cause it’s way too obvious… It would be more surprising if it was callie or owen but I don’t really see the impact it would have on the main characters except arizona/mark or cristina

Comment by Sophie – May 17, 2012 04:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The blind item related to the Walking Dead, it was confirmed in last week’s AA. And the contracts don’t just protect the producers, they also protect the actors. So while an actor can’t leave while in contract, they also can’t be killed off. There are always loop holes, and if both parties are in agreement, then the contract can be released early. But they are legally binding to both parties, plus it would seem mighty pointless to sign a 2 year contract if your character has ALREADY been killed off. Don’t forget, the episode was shot before the contracts were signed.

Comment by katy917 – May 17, 2012 04:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Sophie – May 17, 2012 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lexie is in traumatic asphyxia. That’s normally 100% fatal, if she survives, it will be a miracle. She’s deff the one who will be dying, unless the writers are trying to make this show unrealistic.

Comment by Riss – May 17, 2012 04:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How long does Arizona have to scream in agony before they actually pay attention to someone other than their sweethearts?

Comment by kris – May 17, 2012 05:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think everyone is focused simply because it was a plane crash, BUT….we must remember that April left the bar in the last episode and she was drunk… MAYBE it’s her. Please don’t let it be Lexi or Arizona!!! so love the two!! CANT wait!!!! fast forward the clock pleaseeee!!!!

Comment by Mari – May 17, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it´s not Callie, she bad ass!!!! Not Lexie either, she´s so sweet, I´d go for Meredith she´s geting boring!!!

Comment by lou – May 17, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In all reality, it could be anyone! They killed off Denny, but look how long he stuck around for. Whether a ghost, or memory.. Or one of those, they keep going to do something and need a “mentors” advice, and they appear at their side with the right words to say. I wouldn’t put it past them to kill off Webber! And if Kepner really is pregnant in real life, I would like to see her stay and that written into the story line. Pregnancy doesn’t mean automatic kill off. Pompeo was pregnant they just never showed her from the waist down.
    Will be interesting to see that’s for sure!

Comment by amanda – May 17, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lexie is my favorite. I’m done if she’s gone.

Comment by Kelly – May 17, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you don’t think they would count coding/flat lining as a death do you?

Comment by nathalie – May 17, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THE VOICE IN THE PREVIEWS ISN’T SAYING ONE WILL DIE HE’S SAYING OWEN WILL DIE! SHONDA IS MESSING WITH OUR HEADS ONE LAST JOKE BEFORE HIS DEATH. THAT’S WHY CRISTINA AND HIM GOT THEIR LAST HOORAH

Comment by shantanique – May 17, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The previews that have been showing all week indicate that the plane had six passengers and that only 5 survive. If Meredith, Christine, Derek and Mark are returning next year then the only other passengers are Arizona and Lexie.

Comment by Sheila – May 17, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shonda tweeted this today which means that it’s anyone’s game. She did say beloved but that could have been just to throw us off. I bet Arizona.
    Warning: do not expect to be comforted or happy at end of the GA finale. I wrote it and even I found the ending to be very unsettling.

Comment by tiaceleste – May 17, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • not one person has said teddy.. if teddy goes , its the only way that owen and christina will find themselves wit heach otehr again.. so there i say teddy. since no one else is.

Comment by kristi – May 17, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Saying it because ‘nobody else has’ doesn’t make it a viable theory.

Comment by Ez – May 17, 2012 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cristina better not die! (from an accident that was not in the video) i swear if she dies i am going to start crying!

Comment by alley – May 17, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should just re-name this show “Shark Jump”

Comment by DM – May 17, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GUYS…. It won’t be Derek… Patrick has signed a contract for 2 more seasons in the show, so he’s not leaving. The death is going to be between the victims of the plan crash, and it’s most likely between Lexie and Arizona because there is no word on their contract yet, and they both have reasons to leave the show.

Comment by Gabby – May 17, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg, I’m from Cyprus and i don’t really know when I will be able to watch this. I Can’t waittttttttttt it’s so lameeeee that I can’t watch it on ABC. I hope it’s not Lexie! Although I believe it ‘ll not be someone from the plane. Shoda said ”A beloved character” and beloved characters are Derek, Callie, Meredith, Webber, Baily and Mark.

Comment by Lana – May 17, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • shonda rhimes ‏@shondarhimes

O M G !

Comment by Betty – May 17, 2012 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its going to be April..she is all messed up she has nobody now..think about it

Comment by Cyndi – May 17, 2012 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Some of the theories being floated here are utterly ridiculous. No, Weber is not going to die. No, Adele is not an ‘original’. No, the plane crash is not a fake out. And no, April is not committing suicide.

It’s Lexie or Arizona. Period. Fans have done the research and put together the clues. 6 went down, 1 will die. End of story. We might not like it, but that’s how it’s going to go down.

Comment by Emerald – May 17, 2012 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We’ve seen patients die suddenly on the show when we thought they were fine; internal injuries, head injuries, bleeding out. So, it could be anyone; plane crash or otherwise. I still think it could be Izzie ending up back at Seattle Grace and dying- original cast member-

Comment by Vasiliki – May 17, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am watching the episode that she killed Lexie, and I am piss of.
    I don’t understand why they have to dramatize everything so much. I am so sad. For me doesn’t have any more fun or grace. Sorry for this season. I’ll hope that the end will be much better than this. I’ve been watching for a long time for that? It’s a shame.

Comment by Jullie – May 17, 2012 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello, i’m from outside Usa, can you tell me who dies???? Please!!

Comment by rita – May 17, 2012 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lexie die in the 1st 15mins of the show. So sad, I cry wen she die and about what mark was telling her. About them getting merry and having kids and all that. I could not stop crying.

Comment by Yurelsis – May 17, 2012 11:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • and actually if you think about it it makes sense they would pick lexi because she finally told sloan she is still in love with him, and he didnt immediately get back with her, there is awkwardess there, and so she will die and he will have the I shoulda gotten back with her thing..drama drama drama…LOVE this show!

Comment by Eileen (@QponPrincess) – May 16, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also think that… I agree with you…. I want lexie to stay on the next season but I’m really sure she is going to die…

Comment by melissa – May 16, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC released a statement a week or so ago that the entire Grey’s cast signed a two year contract extention. They’ll ALL be back – no one dies in the plane crash…

Comment by Shelley Sheahan – May 17, 2012 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the preview says 6 go down ONE WILL die

Comment by GreenEyedDiva – May 17, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No, there is no word on everyone’s contract yet =/ The 6 that were in the plane crash, Ellen, Sandra, Patrick and I also think Eric have both renewed their contracts for next season… the only two people we haven’t heard from is Chyler and Jessica.

Comment by Gabby – May 17, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG Shelley do you even READ other posts? Or this site? Or at all? For the THIRD TIME: Shelley, I repeat my previous TWO replies to you: No, the ENTIRE cast has NOT re-signed for 2 years!! Meredith, Derek, Webber, Cristina, Bailey and Alex have re-signed. Those are what is left of the *ORIGINAL* cast, not the *ENTIRE* cast. Re-read the press release! April, Jackson, Mark, Lexie, Callie, Arizona, Owen and Teddy have yet to re-sign. That’s MORE THAN HALF THE CAST that have yet to ink new deals. And Shonda has openlly admitted for weeks, if not months, that yes a main cast member WILL die in tonight’s episode. According to an Ask Ausiello article, Mark and Jackson are both safe, presumeably along with those who have re-signed. STOP SPOUTING RUBBISH AND GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!

Comment by katy917 – May 17, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG Shelley, do you even READ other posts? Or this site? Or at all?? For the THIRD TIME: Shelley, I repeat my previous TWO replies to you: No, the ENTIRE cast has NOT re-signed for 2 years!! Meredith, Derek, Webber, Cristina, Bailey and Alex have re-signed. Those are what is left of the *ORIGINAL* cast, not the *ENTIRE* cast. Re-read the press release! April, Jackson, Mark, Lexie, Callie, Arizona, Owen and Teddy have yet to re-sign. That’s MORE THAN HALF THE CAST that have yet to ink new deals. And Shonda has openlly admitted for weeks, if not months, that yes a main cast member WILL die in tonight’s episode. According to an Ask Ausiello article, Mark and Jackson are both safe, presumeably along with those who have re-signed. STOP SPOUTING RUBBISH AND GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!

Comment by katy917 – May 17, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post