CBS Schedule Revealed: Two and a Half Men on the Move, Mentalist Sees New Home on Sunday

Two and a Half Men ThursdaysCBS on Wednesday morning revealed its primetime line-up for the 2012-13 TV season and here are the headlines: Two and a Half Men is Thursday-bound, while The Mentalist has replaced now-cancelled CSI: Miami on Sundays. Meanwhile, freshman hit 2 Broke Girls has netted Men‘s coveted Monday at 9 pm perch.

Among new shows, the Sherlock Holmes-esque Elementary will air Thursdays at 10 pm after Person of Interest, while the Michael Urie-David Krumholtz comedy Partners has been slotted after How I Met Your Mother on Mondays.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

On tap for midseason: Undercover Boss, as well as new series Friend MeGolden Boy and Mark Burnett’s latest reality gamble, The Job.

Still TBD: The fate of bubble comedy Rules of Engagement.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Versus What?

The complete schedule looks like this; new shows are in CAPS, click for details.

MONDAY

8 pm Crimetime Saturday

SUNDAY
7 pm 60 Minutes
8 pm The Amazing Race
9 pm The Good Wife
10 pm The Mentalist

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: CSI: Miami, A Gifted Man, How to Be a Gentleman, NYC 22, Rob and Unforgettable.

1. If they think that moving 2 1/2 Men on Thursday after BBT will make me watch that show they I hope they know it won’t work. I’m super happy that BBT is staying on Thursdays and that’s most likely the only show I will watch on the network in the fall (unless I give in and catch up with HIMYM since I know who Barney’s wife is)

2. Matthew Jones says:

Sundays could kill The Mentalist ! Shocking choice CBS, wouldnt suprise me if season 5 is the last season of the Mentalist

3. Cynthia Kerr says:

Poor Good Wife and CSI Miami! I watch them every week, but it is a juggling act to dvr them after the football games. Sometimes I hve to set the machine two hours ahead and I always comment what a terrible spot they are in especially when people can’t dvr! It is so unfair to these high quality shows to have them in that time slot and now CSI Miami has succumbed to the crummy timeslot! Shame on you CBS for letting such an excellent show die because of timeslot while letting inferior quality shows remain. I worry about the good wife also because that show faces almost the same fate. Now I see the Mentalist has been put in the CSI spot- I guess we can expect that show to leave us soon!

4. Joel says:

Rules Of Engagement is one of my wife and my favorite shows. I hope it gets picked up for another full order of shows.

5. Linda Crenshaw says:

Why put the Mentalist on Sunday? The football games will mess the schedule up.
    Also bring back the Gifted Man. It’s a great show. One of a few that all of TV has.

6. Jenny93 says:

I agree that CSI:Miami should not have been canceled. I am more than slightly miffed that this happened. Shame on CBS for doing this. I would have canceled CSI:NY. Just my opinion.

7. kenny says:

Why isn’t unforgettable coming back? It was one of the best shows out there.

8. mary ann sands says:

I have the perfect solution. Get rid of these moronic comedies. Put on all shows like ncis etc. Move good wife mentalist Monday thru thrusday

9. Bunny says:

CSI Miami. RIP. The only CSI anybody in the family was still watching. The humor (and the cast) will be missed.

10. Tiowgirl says:

I say let’s just get rid of sport on TV. Put them on PPV where they belong so that those of us who are watching TV to be entertained can enjoy the experience. Watching grown “men” tackle each other isn’t skill – nor interesting. It does not engage one’s mind to try to figure out what will happen next. Even though I’m not a fan of POI, NCIS, CSI, etc., at least those tried to engage the audience. How is that done with Sunday night football? I will, however, figure out how to work my DVR to capture TM. That is easier than trying to figure out how to get rid of insanely boring sports that capture the interest of a couch potato society- vicarious living, I guess.

11. randy says:

CBS has made me upset with getting rid of CSI Miami. That’s stupid to do that since they moved it to go up against Sunday Night Football. That is a bonehead move CBS!

12. upset says:

To cancel CSI Miami what was CBS thinking of. That was poor judgement on there behalve. Was very upset when heard of this not sure if I will watch much of CBS this fall. Should of taken CSI NY off instead.

13. Cathy J. says:

You know if they would just get rid of the commercials during football (and during most of the shows) the time slots would work. If you time how along the play clock is in football 4 quarters with 15 mins each that is 1 hour so why does it run over after 2hrs. Don’t get me wrong I watch football and like it but the time it takes up on tv sucks. And I am surprised The Good Wife has lasted this long on Sunday. I really thought it was done when it moved. Thats what happened the The Unit but it had other problems too, if you stayed up to watch it you would get a rerun on week and the new episode the next week, so if by chance you missed it one week you would get messed up with which one was on. I just stopped trying to catch it. Sundays I just watch Race then go to bed.Sorry to the shows after I do like you and watched before to moved just can’t stay up to watch and I don’t have time to watch any other time and I don’t use DRV

14. Dave Birden says:

I can’t believe that CSI Miami is not in the lineup anymore! CSI Miami was a Great Show!! I ‘d rather see Criminal Minds get the Boot!! How do we write the Executives of CBS?

15. silvia says:

R U nuts canceling CSI Miami, moving it to Sun wasnt bad enough, cbs is becoming a joke with its new shows ABC bound

16. Linda says:

I am also very disappointed that CSI Miami was cancelled. I feel the show should have had a final season. The show has been on for many seasons and I have watched it from the beginning. I feel CBS is showing disrespect for a show that helped make them number 1.

17. John says:

The people who are making these scheduling decisions are the ones that need to be replaced. Why don’t they let the viewers decide what stays and what goes. I believe then we would both satisfy the viewers and also have a stronger schedule for each and every evening. They always take off the good shows and keep the crappy ones. Thanks for listening. John

18. Jordan says:

To those complaining about football running over, when a company shells out a little over a billion dollars for a certain entity, its probably gonna get a little bit of leeway. Especially when that certain entity probably grosses in atleast double that. But I do agree the mentalist should not be moved. If anything move crimetime to Sundays since most are reruns anyway that way no one has to miss there show if the football games run over.

19. ABC bound says:

CBS you suck for taking off CSI Miami

20. James Brown III says:

What idiot at CBS cancelled CSI Miami? This was a very stupid thing 2 do. We never really got 2 enjoy last season because of football and believe me I’m an extremely big football fan but I’m jus as big of a fan of CSI miami. & it never played on time but a few times last season. Every time I set my DVR 2 catch it it recorded the good wife & that I don’t watch. I jus really hope that they didn’t cancel it because of ratings from last season because it was never on! If so that tells me that they’re trying to cancel The mentalist by putting it there cause they know football will always run late! IDIOTS!

21. DA says:

LOVED UNFORGETTABLE, CSI MIAMI, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH CBS????!!! I heard Julie Chess husband has control over shows being canceled. Hell, Vegas was on a few yrs ago & DIDN’t do well AT ALL (Rob Lower was on it then with the same bald guy. THEY BETTER BRING BACK UNFORGETTABLE, CSI. And the Mentilist BETTER STAY OR I’M DONE WITH CBS & JULIE CHESS THE TALK & BIG BROTHER!!!!

22. Brad says:

Whar happened with A Gifted Man? Cancelled or mid season start?

23. Brad says:

Great job with CSI:Miami. Worst show on tv!! PERIOD!!

24. maria says:

i cant believe that they cancell csi: miami. dont like it

25. Bridgett says:

I think it is really stupid that CBS canceled Unforgettable. That was a really good show. I hope anothet network picks it up. They always cancel good shows.

26. Marcia Schilling says:

I love Csi:Miami.Sooooo upset to see that it has been canceled.CBS need to get a reality check and I don’t mean about those asinine reality shows-Those shows are just cashing in.DNA and profiling is the real thing,Catching killers is the real thing. Get with it CBS!!!!

27. Bonnie S says:

Anxiously awaiting Dogs in the City to return to CBS! When?

28. tinalee rolen says:

i donot understand,people watch csi miami and then you go and take it off,what was you thinking,that was a great show and we miss it really bad,consider bringing it back.

29. babydew77 says:

I really liked a gifted man and I’m totally disappointed that it won’t be returning. I was awaiting its return. :-(

30. R.I.P. CSI Miami you will be missed more than anything else. Why do we have to watch nite time soaps ( Good Wife) The so called comedy shows which insultes the intelligents of the mature person and don’t get me started on the reality shows such as all the singing,danceing, and phony supposely survivors shows.I think CSI Miami that you were to good as a serious drama to stay scheduled, maybe if you had inserted some stupidness into your scripts (not) CBS would have kept you. “Their LOSS”‘

31. Dino says:

They should get rid of garbage like the Amazing Race, and Survivor (so called reality shows where losers become winners) and bring back CSI Miami and Unforgetable. They could also send the Good Wife (an unreality show) to the trash bin as well. The Good Wife and her group of partners and associates in her law firm all seemed to have flunked their ethics courses in law school. All the noble cases they take on flies in the face of reality because most big law firrms do not take these case on unless they involve $ (money) and lots of it. That is not to say lawyers do not do good things for the public. I respect the Innocense Project, the public defenders, the prosecutors,and court appointed attorneys that are not in it for the money and really care about seeing justice prevail no matter what the outcome is.
    Maybe all two reality shows and the one unreality show can run on Sunday on a rotating basis and they can all be dumped by midseason so CSI Miami and Unforgetable, and Cold Case Files can be brought back.

32. Jai says:

It sucks that CBS canceled CSI:Miami they could have canceled the original CSI or the Mentalist!

33. Who is running CBS? CSI Miami is the best of all of the CSI shows. Nobody knew the show was cancelled until it was stated in the David Letterman Show. I think you people are making a big mistake when you cancel a show that is very watchable and interesting. I have seen some of the trailers regading the new fall shows and they are terrible. Bring back CSI Miami and DO NOT put it on Sunday nights.

34. Marva says:

I am sad that CSI Miami will not return this season. CBS I give you two thumbs down for this move. Soon you will not have any shows left that are worth my time…but that’s good because that means I can spend more time doing other things I love instead of watching TV.

35. Disappointed says:

Your new shows this fall suck!! You got rid of some of the best shows! I won’t be watching CBS much this fall! What happened to this station? (dont like the reality shows either)

36. BB says:

Wished they would have picked up Rob … we really liked that show :(

37. Michelle says:

The Mentalist NEEDS TO STAY WHERE IT IS… that Partners show will tank. didn’t like Will and Grace.. won’t watch this one.

38. Colleen Burkholtz says:

I will greatly miss “A Gifted Man” & “Unforgettable.”

39. This article came up in a search about why The Mentalist didn’t record properly the last two weeks. It starts 20 – 25 minutes in and cuts off before it’s over. This is annoying. I record everything and don’t pay attention to when it’s on. I had to buy last week’s Mentalist episode from Amazon. I guess I’ll have to buy this week’s episode also, but if this continues, I guess I’ll say goodbye to The Mentalist until I can see it on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

40. Dwyla says:

What is the title of’Tthe Nature of Things’ shown on CBC 27/12 about crows.
    I would like to watch it again online.
    Thankyous

41. george allande says:

I think the Mentalist is a great program. Don’t know why they have to ruin it with RED JOHN.
    Please, please get rid of him. The show does’t need him.