Syfy Sets Dates for Eureka Series Finale, Warehouse 13 and Alphas Premieres

Syfy has announced its Summer 2012 slate, which includes the series finale of Eureka, the returns of Warehouse 13 and Alphas, and a new night for Lost Girl.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

After five seasons, Eureka will sign off July 16 at 9/8c. Warehouse 13 and Alphas will kick off their fourth and second go-arounds, respectively, July 23 at 9 and 10 pm.

Meanwhile, Lost Girl, which is currently airing its second season Stateside, will shift to Fridays at 10, beginning July 20.

The cabler’s other returning fare includes Haunted Collector (back June 6 at 9 pm), Destination Truth (July 10 at 8 pm), Paranormal Witness (Aug. 8 at 10 pm) and Face Off (Aug. 21 at 9 pm).

New entries include the viral video commentary series Insane or Inspired? (premiering May 25 at 10/9c), the haunted campuses reality show School Spirits (June 20 at 10 pm, from producer Mark Burnett) and Paranormal Highway (July 10 at 10 pm), in which Jack Osbourne and his friend Dana Workman investigate spooky activity along America’s remote back roads.

Comments (175)

• I was so looking forward to the next season of Eureka. Bummer. But, recall how they dumped Star Trek after only 3 seasons and look at it – it’s still around and loved. Maybe someone will wise up and come up with Eureka – the next Generation. I hope.
    Mickie

Comment by Mickie Swan – June 14, 2012 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unfortunately reality shows are cheap to produce. So until people get tired of them, we will continue to get a steady diet of this tripe. I have no understanding of the attraction to these intellectual wastelands.

Comment by Terry – June 16, 2012 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only thing I watch on SyFy is Eureka. It’s one of those shows that anyone can enjoy. You don’t have to be a self identified SF fan to find Eureka entertaining. All of SyFy’s other shows look really dumb. I discovered Eureka late and am sorry to see such a quality show go.

Comment by Eureka fan – June 27, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s on netflix if you want to go back and see the early seasons. I still miss Nathan even though I was happy to see Jack and Ally get together.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – June 29, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You can rent the DVD’s or stream all of the episodes from Netflix, if you want. But yea a very bad thing that Comcast, who owns NBC/SyFy did they wanted it to be cheaper to produce and SyFy, said it could not do that so Comcast, pulled it’s plug. We all need to write them to thank them for that (just being sarcastic). Anyway maybe if they get enough letters explaining how they are making so many bad decisions they will stop and listen to the viewers more and make less mistakes.

Comment by Ken – July 5, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You can not blame just Comcast, though most of the cable companies like Cablevision, Time Warner, and Cox cable, to mention just a few are doing the same. They have no problem charging their customers whatever outrageous package price they want but when it comes to a show that they think costs a little to much to show and that we like they snap their fingers and it gets canceled. It won’t be long before they all show nothing but garbage reality TV and low quality video.

Comment by Ken – July 5, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course they need to cancel it. They need to make more room for wrestling and more stupid ghost investigator shows. This station is a waste of bandwidth now. Won’t be long before they cancel Warehouse 13 and Alphas so that they can bring in some more cheap to make reality shows. Just fold the station now

Comment by Scott in MA – July 2, 2012 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching any TV is getting to be a joke. Every time I find something that I actually like to watch some idiot that wouldn’t know good programming if it came up and slapped him/her in the face decides to pull it. Netflix is looking better all the time. At least I’d be able to watch the shows I like, repeats or not. I’m tired of paying HIGH HIGH HIGH bills just watch REALITY-COOKING-SELF/HELP-TALK- TALK- TALK- SHOPPING -GOVERNMENT- NEWS-
    CRAP-CRAP-CRAP-CRAP shows. I actually have to pay more just so I can get the syfy channel can any one say not fair.

Comment by Jenny – July 6, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remember when MTV was about music…remember when SyFy was about Sci-Fi ?

Comment by John – July 8, 2012 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HAVEN is our favorite show…wonder how long it will last…maybe networks can pick it up if SyFy is as stupid as it is behaving lately….also thought Alpha’s was a goner..glad to hear it is not. I am still fuming over Firefly and Terra Nova.

Comment by Pamela – July 9, 2012 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Like I stated before it’s not SyFy’s fault it was Comcast, they own NBC and SyFy and wanted SyFy to make the shows cheaper but SyFy didn’t want to cheapen the quality so Comcast, pulled the plug on them. It’s all about the mighty buck today and not the customers.

Comment by Ken – July 9, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, put another ghost show on and cancel the best series on television. My husband and I could not be more angry and upset about the cancellation of Eureka. This is truly the smartest, most exciting, and straight best show on TV. Does SyFy just like to irritate the hell out of its viewers who do not want to see another generic ghost story. We are to the point where we will watch our fun SCI FI on Netflicks and boycott this channel all together.

Comment by Jeanette – July 9, 2012 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • im upset the Sanctuary did not get renewed. not that Haven is terrible, but Sanctuary was a much better show

Comment by Dan – July 13, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yea you know it never will get better. A.M.C. is looking more and more my choice now and so is Hallmark. I haven’t seen Haven yet maybe I should give that a look.

Comment by Ken – July 16, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They don’t watch these shows they are to busy counting you know what. We should start petitions to stop this from hapening like the save the animal.org sites do. They get things done that way maybe it can be done for this.

Comment by Ken – July 17, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so sad to see Eureka go. They truly set up this last episode to continue with a new season. I truly think that this show is the only good show on SyFy.

Comment by Rachel – July 17, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree with u rachel! the last episode was totally set up for season 6, now well never know what happen, they could started season six from there the last episode of season five ended, jo an zanes wedding,henry becomes the head of GD, carter an allison , grant buying the town

Comment by alex – July 21, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I haven’t seen the last episode yet but it states on the International Movie Data Base.com (IMDB) That they did wind down this show and ended it. As a matter of fact they tell most of the story there. It however doesn’t end good for some and not the way we expected it to but yes it finished. One of the comments that sherif Jack Carter, (Colin Ferguson) saying something like he will not miss the craziness and there is the fact that the towns funding was pulled etcetera.

Comment by Ken – July 18, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ken, the towns funding was pulled but grant (from 1947) bought the town so no one had to move out.

Comment by alex – July 21, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • However like you I wish they kept it going I will miss this show a lot.

Comment by Ken – July 18, 2012 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haven, will be back in 2012 for another 13 episodes starting September 21st.

Comment by Ken – July 19, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • does anyone know the start dates for lost girl and warehouse 13 on the ‘showcase’ channel here in alberta, canada??? i cant wait for them to start!!! and ya i was soooo worried that some moron had cancelled W13, and wtf! i just started watching eureka as of yesterday literally! and their ending it? i think votes or something should be taken before they end shows, and if more then 10,000 want to watch, they shouldnt be allowed to cancel it IMO
    far too many good shows have been lost, due to stupid people/companies, and i hate reality shows, excluding face off, the original paranormal state with ryan buel- only and at one time the osbournes lol, the rest are just space fillers created to melt brain cells IMO
    if anything happens to lost girl and warehouse 13, ill feel compelled to throw out my TV alltogether

Comment by Miranda R – July 27, 2012 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lost Girl, is supposed to air it’s third season on Showcase, sometime in the fall 2012 because it’s produced in Canada, no exact date is given though. Then SyFi, is supposed to pick it up again in January, 2013 here in the USA. Warehouse 13 on the other hand is getting 13 more episodes and airing on SyFi, this fall so Showcase, may air it as well this fall or a little later again no exact date was given only that there will be 13 episodes instead of 22 like season 2. Their watching the ratings to see if they should make more.

Comment by Ken – July 28, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You all should give Falling Skies, a chance/look too it’s a great show if you like aliens and other creatures. It’s a great show. It’s on TNT here in the USA.

Comment by Ken – July 28, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hei SyFy cancel your own channel ..you take stargate and now eureka …f…k..y.ou. SyFy

Comment by gigi – August 12, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We need to save Eureka and Sanctuary before they give us more Bulls***

Comment by corey stewart – August 17, 2012 03:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s too late there already canceled and some of the actors have contracts for new shows that just started and are coming up. They knew the end was near and sought out new work. I am guessing they said nothing until the end because of a possible uprising from their fans.

Comment by Ken – August 17, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually we need to stop watching the syfy channel I’m sick of getting interested in something just to have it cancelled, brought back, then cancelled again.

Comment by randy – August 17, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Stargate universe that show ended and left everyone hanging?? Or how about reaper ?? Either of those shows someone should have their head pulled outta the ass

Comment by Chris Albert – November 25, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree and have stopped watching syfy I think that is what everyone should do it was so clear no one wanted eureka cut but greedy pencil pushers. I hope syfy sees a huge drop in viewers and comcast/NBC cuts syfy.

Comment by matt sorge – November 26, 2012 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is a tribute to the writers and actors that almost ALL comments have been about the story line and characters. That is well deserved. However, without the INCREDIBLE special effects the wild story lines would not have been believable. Floating buildings, black holes, tornadoes…and that is just the special effects outside of the buildings. The research center, the houses that reflected their owners’ personalities, the AIs…all so perfectly wrought from sounds to visuals. Absolutely awe-inspiring episode after episode.

Comment by Lianne – December 24, 2012 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eureka andWH13 are the best shows. Carter can make anything funny.

Comment by Elena Leigh Martin – January 7, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im not really a huge syfy fan, however I was introduced to warehouse 13 from one of the guys at my firehouse. After I burnt through all of the episodes on netflix and other sources I started watching eureka, suprisingly to me I liked it aswel. They became 2 of my favorite shows and now im bummed out since eureka is done for and warehouse 13 is out of season… Any suggestions of something for me to watch?

Comment by Ed T. – January 13, 2013 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes try Lost, and Falling Skies, and of course Fringe, for starters Fringe, being humorous like Eureka, at times but as a whole very dramatic.

Comment by Ken – January 14, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks will check them out Fringe sounds like something I would like!

Comment by Ed T. – January 14, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Your Welcome and I think you will like the others also I said maybe to them but gave them a chance by watching a few episodes and I got hooked. they all have very good actors and well thought out scripts.

Comment by Ken – January 14, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Defiantly something to look into thanks again

Comment by Ed T. – January 14, 2013 03:56 PM PDT
        • Fringe just wrapped up the season, it won’t be back unless you find reruns.

Comment by George – January 26, 2013 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You can probably stream all of Fringe, that has been aired on Netflix, and anything else you want to watch for $8.00 a month or it can be done from Hulu, for a bit more if you don’t have a TV that is internet capable then use a streaming media player they are cheap on Amazon or Newegg, or your DVD player might be able to do it if it’s a fairly new one if not again you can buy one that does for very cheap now.

Comment by Kenbad – January 27, 2013 10:59 AM PDT
          • No need for NetFlix or Hulu when I can stream movies and tv shows for free from many websites.

Comment by George – January 30, 2013 11:17 AM PDT
          • Yea but I need to say that there are NO legal streaming sites that are free and even some you have to pay are not some will tell you they are legal and may even try to prove it by showing some kind of documentation that they aquired but there not. I have seen many sites taken down because of this in the past and think if it were legal then there would be hundreds of them doing it and not just a handfull and there would be all sorts of trouble from legal streaming sites such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, excetera so I think you should keep the ones you know of under your hat LOL.

Comment by Kenbad – January 30, 2013 04:32 PM PDT
      • Also, Stargate SG-1. The earlier seasons the effects are kind of hokey but the writing is excellent and hilarious.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – January 14, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes I have seen them all also a great series but I didn’t like the spinoff so much.

Comment by Ken – January 14, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thanks will check it out too

Comment by Ed T. – January 14, 2013 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You should try Haven, also it’s a really good show and Grimm, is also a really good one with a mix of police action and weird creatures. I also like Falling Skies, which is an excellent Sci-Fi action and The Walking Dead, a very good horror action and is a very big hit everywhere.

Comment by Kenbad – January 27, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why make a new tv show of eurka with the old cast members play their old roles and new actors, actress like Jared Padalecki, Josh Peck, Emma Stone and Shane Dawson.

Comment by Sam Dutcher – May 6, 2013 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I ment to put a question mark instead of a period.

Comment by Sam Dutcher – May 6, 2013 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please people bring back Eureka I love the show and hate that they cancelled it ….. This is a show I got so into and hope that something can happen about bringing it back seems a waste to just give in ……. Let us have at least 2 more seasons PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE…….OH and it can happen cuz the Game was brought back when people showed its worth

Comment by Zamara – July 27, 2013 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post