Syfy Sets Dates for Eureka Series Finale, Warehouse 13 and Alphas Premieres

Syfy has announced its Summer 2012 slate, which includes the series finale of Eureka, the returns of Warehouse 13 and Alphas, and a new night for Lost Girl.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

After five seasons, Eureka will sign off July 16 at 9/8c. Warehouse 13 and Alphas will kick off their fourth and second go-arounds, respectively, July 23 at 9 and 10 pm.

Meanwhile, Lost Girl, which is currently airing its second season Stateside, will shift to Fridays at 10, beginning July 20.

The cabler’s other returning fare includes Haunted Collector (back June 6 at 9 pm), Destination Truth (July 10 at 8 pm), Paranormal Witness (Aug. 8 at 10 pm) and Face Off (Aug. 21 at 9 pm).

New entries include the viral video commentary series Insane or Inspired? (premiering May 25 at 10/9c), the haunted campuses reality show School Spirits (June 20 at 10 pm, from producer Mark Burnett) and Paranormal Highway (July 10 at 10 pm), in which Jack Osbourne and his friend Dana Workman investigate spooky activity along America’s remote back roads.

1. Alan says:

ill be sad to see Eureka go, if there was ever a show that didnt get the praise it deserved for its great writing it that

• Mrs. Peele says:

I think Eureka could have gone at least a couple of more years. So many whacky things could still go wrong in that place! They really missed some opportunities here. And I hated that they killed Felicia Day off – she was so perfect for Fargo. I’m hoping there is a way to get her somehow back. Anything is possible in Eureka!

• Tim Jaggers says:

If you watched the latest episode, you saw that they opened the door for Holly’s return.

• Thomas says:

She ruined the dynamic Fargo had on his own, she was a completely inert presence bringing nothing to the show. She was nothing more than a celebrity cameo and killing her off to demonstrate the direness of the situation was the best use they could have possibly gotten from her. The reason stories end with “happily ever after” is that no one wants to watch happy couples aging together. It’s boring. Eureka understands that, while it may soothe brain-dead viewers, repetition is dull. They deserve awards for going against the formula and having the courage to shake things up pretty much every season. It was dangerous and probably what got the network on their ass but it’s what made Eureka worth while.
        Now, if I may abandon the intelectual stance for a moment, Felicia Day is shrill, irritating and unappealing. The guy who plays Carter is brilliant at comic delivery. Giving screen time to some pitchy stick figure just because she is recognisable to the public when you have a cast of amazing diamonds in the rough is a crime. She should never have been on the show and only ever made it as a desperate ploy for ratings. She is this seasons equlivalent of when they sold out to Degree antipersperant in the third season.

• Lawrence says:

Well said, BRAVO!

• Jack Carter says:

@Thomas!! Seriously??? How can you say that about one of the most beautiful and loveable people in the world?? Holly Marten was/is the most wonderful gift among many others Eureka has given us!! I can’t say enough good about her!! She is cute, funny, brilliant, beautiful, and is a PERFECT match for Fargo!! Eureka’s ratings are not the issue at all!! THANK GOD the writers, producers, and Jamie Paglia had the infinite wisdom to cast her in the last two seasons. I agree with you about Colin Ferguslon and the others being Diamonds, and about Eureka being bold and taking chances stepping out of the box and killing off a beloved character, but Felicia Day brings so much to the show and lights up my screen with her beautiful smile every time she appears. I’m happy they have left the door open for her return!! I cried when Henry rebuilt the Memory Lattice and installed Holly in SARAH’s systems!! Love the show!! Love Felicia Day!!!

• kaylee says:

failed thats what you have to say no way they ruined the the best show ever the syfi cannel sucks i am taking a strike so i am never going to watch the syfi channel ever again they SUCK.

• I-Mark7 says:

Wow! You really can “talk someone in to the grave” as we say in The Netherlands, jeez… Chill out man! They just made some effort to get more people watching Eureka, but it failed.

• tvdiva says:

Eureka is a great show – one your family could sit down and watch together. Why SYFY is cancelling it (like they did Farscape and Caprica) is probably to make room for more wrestling and ghost reality shows.

• Wes says:

This is the only show I existentially watch and love. Cant believe they are taking it out

• mary says:

What I can’t believe is the crap they’re keeping, lost girl is another gay series, so it’ll probably run for about ten seasons or more, and that pretty much goes for all the others they keep. they should have taken the money they use for alphas and that stupid lost girl and put it into EUREKA, but when people are more concerned with gay sex and gross trash, they screw the viewers, to get what they want.

• louis m. says:

this is the biggest corporate screw up since the original star trek was cancelled in the 60’s! who are these guys? do they even watch the show? if they want to cancel something try some of that ghost crap paranormal bull. when did it become the spooky channel?

• Karl says:

to louis m. – AMEN to all of that. And SyFy has also become the wrestling, kickboxing, and MMA channel as well. YUCK!! And the one really good Science Fiction program they have, they cancel. WWTT!!!!??

• randy says:

the syfy channel can’t seem to get anything right. Just watch Warehouse 13 and Alphas will be dropped next and there will be nothing to watch on syfy.

• Gail Cortner RN says:

:Louis M I whole hartly agree with you!!!! They are screwimg up

• Kenbad says:

Hey now some of us like that ghost bull LOL only kidding. Anyway there is a market for that bull and it’s cheap to produce and show and make a pretty big profit on it so they put it on instead of shows that produce minimal profits while costing so much more than that bull you mention. This is a comparative look percentage wise even though they make more with these major shows they also loose more to costs so they say the heck with us they will go the cheap way.

• Vicki Walsh says:

I don’t understand why they are getting rid of a good show. I get sick of seeing reality shows
      and gost shows. They a ok now and then but they are not a real show.

• Mrs wilson says:

it seems as if a door was left open for more shows. Is it all possible that another network will pick up the show?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

No date yet.

• Olivia says:

Came into this post just to ask that :) I miss haven!!

• rubytu says:

I’m hoping to see more Haven, too!

• Eliza says:

Haven is my favorite SyFy show after my beloved Eureka. Cannot wait for its return!

• duane says:

why bother syfy has played games with every good show it had now canceling eureka i know there was a large campain to keep it do not settle keep calling nbc to reinstate eureka along with your friends

• Given they’re moving Lost Girl to Friday at 10? Betcha anything Haven gets Friday at 9. ;-)

• Saphira says:

Haven is coming back Sept 21 at 9/10 c which sucks that its not on for the summer

• sarah says:

i cant beleive they had to end the show in season five in the last episode it leaves me wanting to know what happens next its killing me i have to know what happens after jo asked zane to marry her and he says yes i really wanted to see the wedding it would be so awsome and romantic syfi should be ashamed of them selves they ruined everything and took out the best show they air on tv

2. Samantha says:

I’ll be sad to see Eureka go. It’s always been one of my favorites and this season has been great.

3. hello says:

Haven moved to fall then, probably as a replacement for Sanctuary

4. You couldn’t pay me to watch another Syfy show. After what they did to Eureka it’s clear that they have no respect to their fans. Syfy and ABC family are so dead to me.

• *for their fans, not to their fans.

• Cash says:

Clear they have no respect for their talent and crew either, after what they did to Eureka. Giving a soft renew, and then announcing cancellation over Twitter after it’s too late for them to sign onto other projects? Heartless move.

• Tim Jaggers says:

Actually it was Comcast that screwed them over. As the new owners of NBC (and therefore SyFy), they wanted changes to make the show more profitable. The producers decided they could not do that and maintain the quality so the plug was pulled.

• By… signing up for a 6th season, and after announcing this having the rug pulled out from under them by the production company? SyFy’s made some questionable decisions in the past, but in this case, they weren’t behind Eureka being canceled.

5. Tara J. says:

FINALLY! They need to give Warehouse 13 a longer season. It is a great show!

• shonagh says:

Agree completely and to haven which we’ve yet to hear the season 3 premiere date but 13 episodes is not enough

• lois says:

They extended Warehouse 13’s season to 20 episodes :D

• kirramareej says:

That’s not always a good thing though, they might pull an eureka (cry) and extend it over two seasons, so they don’t have to go to the trouble of renewing it. That means a ten episode “season” for two years – Including the christmas episode.

6. Hmm…Matt what do you make of the Lost Girl move? Is it in trouble (despite Syfy picking it up for all 22 S2 eps)?

• Simon Jester says:

It’s not in trouble — they’re moving it so they can put their more highly rated original shows in the prime Monday timeslot.

7. Ryan says:

Is Syfy going to ruin Warehouse 13, like they did with Eureka? I read it got a 20 episode season order. Are they going to have 10 episodes this summer, and then 10 next summer? They’d call it season 4.0 and 4.5. It didn’t work out with Eureka.

8. Lincoln says:

What ever happened to Blood & Chrome?

9. Chloe says:

I will really miss Eureka.

10. Z says:

2 more months until Alphas, damn.
    It feels like its been a year already.

11. J says:

Please let HG be brought back from the dead. Please please please.

• Ron says:

I give up. I’m sick of this s**t! What is HG? H elp me G od

• Ace says:

Okay, calm down. HG Wells (aside from being one of the great science fiction authors of all time IRL) is a character on Warehouse 13, played by Jaime Murray.

12. Tee says:

Hope Lost Girl moving isn’t the sign of a big problem. I’ve been enjoying it so far!

• CR says:

The show is actually produced for a Canadian network and has already been renewed for a third season, so if Syfy doesn’t pick it up, you’ll be able to get it online or order the dvds.

13. JayMarsh says:

And still they give no word about Sanctuary…what gives?!

14. malcom1985 says:

Eureka is hands down the best show on SyFy and is most definitely one of the best shows on TV. While I loved the first 3 seasons, especially the first, the writers, cast, and crew really took the show to a whole new level in season 4, and beyond going into season 5. It most definitely will be missed.

15. ZaneGirl says:

I’m confused about Eureka. I thought the final season was only 7 episodes long (the original 6 epi order plus the finale), 4 or 5 of which have already aired. Why is the final not until July? Is there going to be a big break? That seems weird.

• Abby says:

This season of Eureka got a 13 episode order, so that plus the finale is 14 total eps.

• Brendan says:

The original order for season 5 was 13. It was the season 6 order that was going to be 6 episodes before they cancelled it completely, then later replaced it with 1 additional episode. They’ll air one every Monday without a break, for a total of 14 this season ending on July 16th.
      (Yes, it’s all very confusing)

• ZaneGirl says:

OH. I see. So we got robbed of 5 episodes and here I was thinking we got a bonus one! Thanks for clearing this up. At least I know what’s going on.

• smidnite says:

Just like In Plain Sight fans thought we were getting two full seasons last years; instead of one short season…

16. Susy says:

Fridays just got more complicated for me: Nikita, Supernatural, Fringe and now Lost Girl! Omg- what a crazy night!

17. Karen says:

Yes, I am sad and mad about Eureka (and Felicia) during. But still love Warehouse 13 and Lost girl (my new fav show) so will watch. Lost Girl is doing great in Canada, so wouldn’t worry too much about time change.

18. Abby says:

I’ll really miss Eureka–such a fun, funny show! Can’t wait for Warehouse 13 to return–not as great as Eureka, but still really good. Very excited to see the fallout from last season’s finale!

19. rubytu says:

So Comcast owns NBC and Syfy? I can see both going down the crapper now…….They decide to make more money by canceling shows? Seriously? Great shows! And now Community is on Friday nights?
    Why do these people think they know what they’re doing? They don’t seem to.

• maggie says:

^this^

• smidnite says:

NBC was in the crqapper long before Comcast got involved; but …

Grab a waste basket…

Comcast’s owns a stake in:

NBC, Syfy, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, Style, USA, Chiller and Cloo; with a partial interest in the A&E Networks including Lifetime, The History Channels, Bio…

• rubytu says:

remember when A&E was kind of a classy channel? I wondered what happened to it…..

• smidnite says:

Sadly they’re catering to a different class of viewer. And just look at the favor that Comcast is doing for Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva by gracing the show with E!’s biggest star Kim Kardahsian! ;-)

• smidnite says:

Looks like our “classy” channel just decided to end Breakout Kings; which was one of their few scripted series.

• aerocephalic says:

What a shame! Breakout Kings was a very good show!

• slider says:

Oh now this is a real shame! BreakOut Kings is such a good show,the characters were really getting some depth to them,the interactions between all them just getting solid- what was the problem? Anyone know how many viewers it had?

• Ken says:

Breakout Kings, co-creator Matt Olmstead, joined NBC’s, new drama Chicago Fire, as exec producer/show-runner (probably for more money) and is one of the reasons this show was canceled the other was low viewership. If you are looking for a new crime drama show maybe you could try NYC 22 it is very realistic and the cops don’t act like super-beings just regular Joe’s and Jane’s doing their jobs and it gets much better with each new episode. I like these type of shows better because the story usualy ends at the end of every episode if not it doesn’t go beyond 2 or maybe 3 episodes. It is why NCIS, and CSI, and Criminal Minds, and Law And Order, are also great shows.

• Dennis says:

no wonder they’re all going down the toilet with reality crap!

20. MJ says:

What about Sanctuary?

21. maggie says:

“Eureka” is one of the best shows on TV. I can’t believe Syfy is cancelling it.
    This season has been bad for cancelling shows in their prime. “In Plain Sight” and “The Closer” are also done this year. And “House” is going as well, and I’m sad even though it’s past its prime.

22. theresa says:

I’m going to miss Eureka. I love the characters. Can’t wait to see Warehouse 13 and Alphas, but what about Haven???

23. Matt says:

Can’t wait for Wharehous 13 and Alphas. Been tryi.g to find a season premier date for months now. Eureka will be missed.

24. BrianR says:

Yay it looks like we get all of Lost Girl S2 with no break. Iw as worried they would stop at S2-12,13 and take a 6 month break.

25. Danni says:

I am also beyond curious as to the fate of Sanctuary.

26. CC says:

Stupid SyFy/Comcast….more reality crap shoved down our throats!

27. Susie says:

We will miss Eureka – what an entertaining show! SyFy (NBC) really made a mistake cancelling that one~

28. Christian says:

What a crappy birthday present. The end of Eureka. Thanks a lot SyFy.

• Ken says:

Christian,
      SyFy had no choice Comcast owns NBC/SyFy and wanted SyFy to make it cost less and the people at SyFy would not lower the quality so they were forced to stop production.

29. mia says:

Excited for Alphas! That show is awesome and after the major cliffhanger last season, I’m even more excited.
    Waiting for word on Sanctuary even though that show jumped the shark this season.

30. jasie says:

I only like Face Off. Wish it was on during the actual summer when no competition is on.

31. Chris says:

Will they be doing a catchup for Alphas? I’ve been waiting to catch the series finale. My DVR failed me last year and I have been desperately avoiding spoilers.

32. Hodag says:

Remember when they actually had sci-fi shows on SyFy? Neither do I…

33. Becky says:

Any word on Haven yet? I am missing this show like crazy.

34. tp says:

Sanctuary?

• Sanctuary Fan says:

According to Amanda Tapping there is not Sanctuary in 2012. SyFy’s new owners took too long to make a decision and now it’s too late even if they did renew. The soundstages had to be released or it would have cost them a lot of money for a show that might or might not be renewed. They need to let them know by July if they want the show in 2013.

35. RENNY says:

Is santuary returning?

36. I agree that Eureka will be missed. IMHO, it is one of the best series that Syfy has ever done.

I also agree that Comcast knows how to ruin a channel. Just look at what happened when Comcast bought TechTV, and merged it with G4.

37. A says:

Sigh, I guess Aaron Ashmore isn’t back for Warehouse 13? What a bummer. He was the reason I got into that show in the first place, as I got the first two seasons and watched them before season three premiered…

Also Syfy needs to cut out this 30 day delay thing they have going on with their website and Hulu… it is so ridiculous and doesn’t help the shows any since people will get the show illegally. Networks need to embrace technology.

• Mike M says:

You can watch the shows on Hulu the next day if you subscribe to HuluPlus. I held off for a while subscribing, but am now glad I did.

As for “Jinks”… he was only on the show for such a little time, I didn’t see the effect it has had on viewers. Good character, but not a lot of depth shown in the time he was there.

38. VJW says:

Any word on Sanctuary?

39. Theo says:

Eureka has had a good run but it’s time for it to go. How many more times can they screw things up and how many more times can they save the world after they’ve screwed things up? It’s played out.

• Mike M says:

Don’t like Eureka, eh Theo? Haha! “How many more times can they screw things up and how many more times can they save the world after they’ve screwed things up?” is the base thought for almost any story with a real plot-line (oh…except afternoon soaps… they have no plot but they definitely follow that line of thought)
      Yes, alot of the shows are very similar… but the characters and the lines the characters say make it all different. Colin’s comedic delivery and his slapstick antics are wonderful to behold, and even Fargo (who I used to hate but now even have his bobble-head) makes the similar stories different and entertaining and fresh.
      The one thing that most Eureka-nay-sayers seem to forget… television was created to bring entertainment into the home. And Eureka most definitely IS entertaining.
      I will miss Eureka more than I have missed any show in my 60 years of TV watching. Its shows are constant, consistent and incredibly fun to watch.
      Sorry, Theo… this time you are wrong! Eureka should stay! It has a LOT to show us yet!!

40. Katherine215 says:

Can I just say, I love that TVLine covers shows on SyFy? Most of the other tv/spoiler sites don’t touch on them as much, so TVLine’s attention to them is much appreciated!

41. Ruby says:

When does Haven come back?!

42. Carlos says:

I will not only miss eureka but plan on tuning out of the syfy channel alltogether. Sure…there are shows I could watch. Warehouse 13 and the like….but they will then get cancelled like the rest. I mean common…you have a show about a scientific community…you cancel that but keep ghost hunters and wrestling??? Is that syfy? No that’s BS. So untill they rightfully call themselves the BS channel….I’ll pass. Goodbye eureka…at least I can watch you on netflicks.

43. Super says:

Holly Marten does come back alive just view “A Look Back” clips carefully.

44. Faith Brennan says:

As for W13, I wouldn’t write off Jinks or HG yet. Artie has THE WATCH…. bumbumbum…. anyway thought I’d throw that in there. Glad to hear it and Alphas are coming back, I was worried they had been dropped.

45. sabina says:

There goes another great show. Stargate, Atlantis, Eureka and Sanctuary. SyFy has lost the right to be called science fiction. They show Reality tv, crap, wrestling, crap. it was so much better when it was scifi.. That is a channel I will not be watching once Eureka is gone…

• Carlos says:

I agree 100% Sabina….once eureka goes so goes my watching the SyFy channel. Its lost its credibility after canceling good programing and putting more reality cr*p on TV. Ive heard conflicting stories as far as why they pulled the plug on the town i loved to watch so much. But the bottom line is….whoever made the decision, they didnt give a damn about the fans.

46. Maureen Hall says:

The SyFy channel was dead to me when they cancelled Farscape and Lexx, Eureka, Sanctuary, Haven and Warehouse 13 brought me back! Now Eureka and Sanctuary are gone….SyFy can be called a science fiction channel only if MTV can still be called a music channel! Pandering to the lowest common denominator does NOT make for smart programming…..

47. Tristan says:

Well… at least I still have Grimm… for now.

48. ttomczak says:

Apparently SyFy is basically going to be the Ghost channell… Hate it’s leaving it’s roots…

49. I wonder who they listen to, as to what series they keep or cancel? Not sure if I trust them to keep the good ones… Fell in love with Terra Nova, Firefly, SG-U, amongst others… If you disappoint people too many times, you have proved yourselves untrustworthy… Hope they´ll keep Warehouse 13 for a long time…

• Ken says:

They listen to whoever pays the most under the table.

• M. Davis says:

Oh, you really brought me back when you mentioned Firefly. I loved that show. I agree with all the comments regarding SyFy cancelling all the good shows. I will really miss Eureka. It was a good show with a great ensemble cast..