ABC New Season Scoop: Dancing All-Star Edition Set For Fall, Mistresses Eyed For Summer '13

Dancing With the Stars All-Star EditionABC president Paul Lee just wrapped a conference call with reporters to discuss the network’s new fall lineup, and herewith are the four key takeaways:

* As rumored, an all-star edition of Dancing With the Stars featuring “fan favorites from the past 14 seasons” will air next fall.

Mistresses, starring Alyssa Milano and Yunjin Kim, will likely premiere next May on Mondays at 10/9c after The Bachelor-Bachelorette.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Versus What?

* The network is developing a Hulk series with Marvel for the 2013-14 season.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

* ABC’s unofficial, pseudo tagline for fall: “Why just watch when you can feel?” Said Lee: “It sums up the added DNA that this brand brings as far as the emotional connection to viewers.”

1. TJ says:

PLEASE tell me Sabrina Bryan is a lock for the fan favorite dancing?

• Batman says:

No one who was not either a winner or a finalist should be permitted to return, beginning from Season 1 through the current season.

• ESLKid75 says:

Even so, Sabrina Bryant was a shock elimination pretty early on in the season so she would be allowed to compete… :-)
        Personally, I would hope they would take finalists and winners as well. If they had enough finalists/winners, this would make for a great season of dancing. Even better than the current season. Can you imagine Helio Castroneves, JR Martinez, Brooke Burke (although she couldn’t be hosting), Jennifer Grey and other winners going against each other? It would be epic!

2. Nina says:

Wooooot! Get Sabrina Bryan up in there!

3. caitie says:

It’s weird to me that ABC is doing an all-star DWTS because I’d read some stuff on other sites saying that they think the slipping ratings may have to do with the dancers being too good this season.

And a Hulk TV show? Really? IDEK man.

4. Belmon says:

Did Private Practice got a full season order or 13 episodes?

5. Lorie says:

Fingers crossed for Gilles to return!

6. EdTV says:

Any word on Gilded Lilys?

7. Josh says:

I want to See Erin Andrews Julianne Hough Apollo anton Ohno Sabrina Bryan return for the all Star edition AI needs to do this

• Meg says:

Not entirely sure but based on what Kelly Monaco posted on twitter a couple of weeks back winners aren’t eligible for the all-star season so Apollo wouldn’t be eligible.

• sarah says:

Sadly, Julianne will never return to the show, aside from guest appearances as she is a “star” now.

8. sarah says:

Interesting, I bet they will choose one celeb that each returning pro has had over the last 14 seasons so that they can dance together again.

9. JBS says:

Looking forward to DWTS: All-Stars. Just off the top of my head, a dream cast would start off with:
    – Gilles Marini
    – Sabrina Bryan
    – Mario Lopez
    – Kyle Massey
    – Mel B
    – NO WINNERS (save them for a DWTS: Power Players)

10. bad kevin says:

My advice: don’t bring Master P back (Season Two’s worst dancer ever). :-(

11. Betty says:

Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars. My picks would be:Mel B (Maks), Melissa Rycroft (Tony), Sabrina Bryan (Mark), Ricki Lake (Derek), M’ya (Dmitry), Kelly Osborne (Louis), Mario Lopez (Karina), Evan Lysacek (Anna), Giles Marini (Cheryl), Kyle Massey (Lacey), Joey Fatone (Kym), and Ty Murray (Chelsea).

• Andrea says:

These are exactly what I was thinking too!

• JBS says:

Great minds must think alike cause this my dream DWTS: All Stars roster
      The one thing though that I find ironic is that even in an all-star season, Tony is put at a disadvantage (compared to everyone else, of course.)

12. TheBeach says:

I’m glad your pic was of Alec…the sexiest pro ever. He seems to have been forgotten in recent years.

13. chrisjroof says:

They need to have Monique Coleman and Stacy Kiebler back as well.

14. It’ll be interesting to see if all the dancers will get their former partners. Because, let’s face it, Derek, Cheryl, Maks and Mark all have more than just one fan favorite that could possibly return. Either they pick the pros first and get one of their former partners back, or they mix them up.

For example, if Kyle Massey and Lance Bass returned – which one dances with Lacey?

15. Spencer says:

Anyone else hoping for Carson, Kyle, Sherri, and Niecy to be on the all-star season???!!! I literally just told my mom that they should do an all-star season!!!

16. Not too thrilled about a Hulk series. The character and story is very rarely done right (The Avengers being the exception).

• I think a TV version, if handled properly, could actually be a solid drama. But probably more suited for a cable network, not ABC. A very heavy, character-driven show with scifi elements. It could work. For instance, a companion for The Walking Dead on AMC.

17. Taryn says:

here is who i am hoping to see on Dancing with the Stars next season:

_David Arquette
    -Carson PRessley
    -Kyle Massey
    -Joey Fatone
    -Mel B
    -Joey Lawerence
    -Melissa Joan Hart
    -Rob Karadashian (yeah you heard me. he started to impress me with his tango to the Addams Family)

18. TaMara says:

“Mistresses, starring Alyssa Milano and Yunjin Kim, will likely premiere next May on Mondays at 10/9c after The Bachelor-Bachelorette.”

Why pick it up at all if that’s all the faith they have in it?

19. Hulk, you say…. interesting.

20. Rebecca says:

I would love to see Lance Bass, Louie Vito, Sabrina Bryan, and Erin Andrews come back!!! Super excited for an All-Stars season!

21. Andrea says:

There are so many good people they could choose from. I think I will tune back in for this! I’m interested to see if they will pair them with their original partners!

22. llws88 says:

Im hoping to see Mya, Gilles, and Mel B for the DWTS All Stars!

23. CJ says:

What happened to “Devious Maids” from Marc Cherry and Eva Longiria? I thought they were close to being picked up? And what of “Body of Proof?”

• Tristan says:

I am choked; no Devious Maids. It sounded fun. I found 666 too dark. Nashvill well its country and then to add Malibu Country – sounds like ABC is a lot country and no rock and roll. DM was also a chance to make amends for killing the soaps. Several soap actors I believe were on that show including Grant Show and Susan Lucci. ABC should secure Lucci for another ABC show.or revamp the Maids – make them more multi cultural.

24. alex says:

mistresses in may? seriously? why even bother, there will be hardly any time to come to a renewal decision. oh well sounds like a stupid series anyway.

25. Cathy says:

Carson Kressley FTW!

26. MEG SMITH says:

BRING JULIANNE HOUGH BACK!!!!!!! YOU CAN’T HAVE AN ALL STAR SEASON WITHOUT HER!!!!

27. Nicole says:

I wonder if they will mix the celebrities and pro dancers up with new partners that are returning. It makes sense because pro dancers like Mark, Maks, Derek etc all had a good amount of great partners, how would the show be able to choose just ONE out of the great celebrities they’ve each danced with? I really hope they bring back Sabrina Bryan, Evan Lysacek, Mario Lopez, Joey Fatone, and Gilles Marini.

28. Patti says:

I think most fans are picking the same favorites. Sabrina seems the top choice and for good reason. I, personally thought Gilles fabulous and worthy of a second shot at a mirror ball trophy. Mel B (perfect with Maks) and Rob Kardashian (who improved to the point I rooted for him) and Kelly Osborne (who found herself & blossomed) are all great candidates for the All Star Season!