Fall TV Preview

ABC Schedule Revealed: Revenge Moving to Sunday, Happy Endings and Apt. 23 to Tuesday

Get More: Fall TV Preview, News

Revenge Season 2 SundaysSundays just got Revengier.

ABC is the third broadcast network to pull the curtain back on its 2012-13 schedule and the big news is that freshman hit Revenge is moving into Desperate Housewives‘ old Sunday/9 pm timeslot. Happy Endings and Don’t Trust the B—– In Apartment 23, meanwhile, will form their own a-mah-zing comedy block on Tuesdays at 9.

Among new shows, the Connie Britton-fronted musical soap Nashville has nabbed Revenge‘s former Wednesday at 10 pm perch, and the Shawn Ryan-produced undersea thriller Last Resort has landed the Thursday lead-off spot.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

On tap for midseason: Body of Proof, Wife Swap, and new dramas Mistresses, Red Widow and Zero Hour.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Against What?

The complete schedule looks like this; new shows are in CAPS, click for details.

MONDAY
8/7c Dancing With the Stars/The Bachelor (in January)
10 pm Castle

THURSDAY
8 pm LAST RESORT
9 pm Grey’s Anatomy
10 pm Scandal

FRIDAY
8 pm Shark Tank
9 pm Primetime: What Would You Do?
10 pm 20/20

In November
8 pm Last Man Standing
8:30 pm MALIBU COUNTRY
9 pm Shark Tank
10 pm Primetime: What Would You Do?

SATURDAY
8 pm Saturday Night College Football

SUNDAY

America’s Funniest Home Videos
8 pm Once Upon a Time
9 pm Revenge
10 pm 666 PARK AVENUE

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: Charlie’s Angels, TBS-bound Cougar Town, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, GCB, Man Up, Missing, Pan Am, The River and Work It

Tags:

Comments (168)

• I don’t watch much ABC, but this looks like smart scheduling to me. Moving Revenge to DH’s old spot, pairing up Happy Endings and Apt 23 on Tuesday, trying to invigorate Friday with some sitcoms. Should be interesting!

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – May 15, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happen to Gilded Lilys?

Comment by EdTV – May 15, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not at all happy about the Revenge move. Sundays are already densely-packed, with Once Upon a Time, Amazing Race, Celebrity Apprentice, Simpsons, Family Guy, Walking Dead, and, depending on the month, Game of Thrones, The Borgias, Nurse Jackie (and eventually Downton Abby). Added to the inevitable football delays on CBS, which often knock their Sunday programming back by thirty minutes to an hour, this is going to be a DVR nightmare. I was hoping to check out 666 Park Avenue, but at this point, it’s probably not going to happen.

Comment by FrankiePitt – May 15, 2012 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about daytime shows like The Chew?

Comment by Em – May 15, 2012 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Revenge going to Sundays. A little surprised that ABC didn’t pick up Devious Maids or Guilded Lillies. They sounded interesting. Do you know Michael if they are completely off the table or still a possible midseason replacement?

Comment by Amy – May 15, 2012 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • once upon a time and revenge back to back
    is a nice move, two totally diferent type of shows and great shows

Comment by peter – May 15, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And there I was, looking forward to watching Body of Proof in its usual Tuesday slot, without having to choose between it and the now-cancelled Unforgettable. Now, given I don’t have any love for Private Practice, I guess I’ll go back to CBS and see what they’ll be offering in that 10 PM slot.

Comment by arial2 – May 15, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • crossing my fingers that this move for ‘Happy Endings’ works out. Underrated little gem.

Comment by Peter – May 15, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t get why everyone is pissed that revenge is moved to Sunday. I think it was a smart move from abc moving it to Sunday. It will do great at the 9pm time slot and even though it will be in season 2 I think there will be more viewers who watch OUAT. They can always catch up to revenge online!

Comment by valtastic – May 15, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 666 park ave Nashville and maybe Malibu country

Comment by Sue – May 15, 2012 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very happy Revenge will be on sundays with Once Upon A time. ABC sundays are going to be banging hits in ratings and 666 Aveune Park will fit right in. Im so shock to see that Thursday was not Shonda land and all three of her shows werent put in the same night.

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – May 15, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t like Revenge on Sundays. I already have Mad Men, OUAT, Army Wives. It was perfect on Wednesday nights.

Comment by GeoDiva – May 15, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hooray for comedy on Fridays. I can now watch Community and Reba all in one hour….Nice work ABC. Wish they would’ve kept GCB, so good of a show for Tuesdays at 9 p.m., just saying. Pull a FOX and bring it back when the other dramas fail. Good moves on Sunday as well…

Comment by MichaelS – May 15, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In Revenge vs. Good Wife and Happy Endings vs. New Girl. Good Wife and Happy Endings will win for me.

Comment by Leah – May 15, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can we just say goodbye to last resort nothing has been able to survive a season in that time slot in awhile

Comment by J – May 15, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hard core fans of this show have been claiming that it would be a much bigger success than it is if was not on at the 10:00 hour.

We’ll see if they are correct come this fall. Personally, I think they may not like what they have clamored for, but that remains to be seen.

Comment by J. Norman – May 15, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sundays just became the only decent nights to watch tv…as long as Revenge doesn’t get all cloak-and-dagger or too cliche’, it will thrive and thats awesome…if it does go those directions, it won’t get past another season and well, we’ll lose what coulda been one of the top two shows on TV(second behind Smash only)…but for now, yeah for sundays this january!

Comment by Scott – May 15, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow, well done ABC. So far, I think it’s the best schedule.

Comment by Mari – May 15, 2012 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did “Gilded Lilys” get any mention for mid-season?

Comment by maggie – May 15, 2012 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We watch missing a really good show cant believe they are not bringing it back……..

Comment by Sherry – May 15, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bummed Revenge is moving to Sundays. I loved it on Wednesdays, my mid-week treat!

Comment by Loni – May 15, 2012 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They moved Revenge to Sunday? That is stupid. The show is too new to survive on Sunday.

Comment by matthew c – May 15, 2012 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOT happy about Last Man Standing’s move to Friday. Going to get killed by the stupid time slot of death. Can’t believe they’re giving a new show (The Neighbors) the post-Modern Family time slot. I’d much rather have Happy Endings maintain its current slot, with Last Man Standing leading in B- in 23. Also, Thursday’s suck. With NBC’s 2 hour comedy block + CBS’s Person of Interest and ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy and the highly anticipated Last Resort. Not cool TV scheduler Gods.

Comment by Tristan Briggs – May 15, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When CBS release their schedule today hope we open one page where we will comment all new shows and trailers and make projection. For example – 3 best dramas for the season and first cancel show. Comedies are much harder for projection from trailers you really don’t know what will be funny and what not.

For now there are two hit shows for me:

1 revolution – NBC (trailer with 6 000 000 viewers already. Beat viewers from all other new trailers together. this show will be with best buzz ever)

2 Nashville – ABC

3 ???

wait for CBS trailers but for now only two. FOX dramas are disaster again.

Comment by Petar – May 16, 2012 01:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Phew, thank god Castle is safe at its slot!!

Comment by Krithika – May 16, 2012 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see Scandal back. Body of Treatment good. But why they ditched Pan Am and GCB, I do not understand. The latter was excellent, and I’m a guy, who thought it was quite funny. Pan Am took me back to my youth, and that era. Good writing/acting.

Don’t know about all of these other shows.

And why does ABC have a number of nights where they seem to air nothing?

Some of the comedies seem to be copycats of other shows from the past, but just a mix of cast and different title.

What are the executives at ABC thinking?

Comment by Morgan Purdy – May 16, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man this will be the worst dramas season. This will be the bottom. From 3-4 years dramas are in bad shape but this time they will hit the bottom. Most of the trailers are so boring, so terrible that i even can’t finish them. Outside revolution and probably nashville everything else is awful. Period. CBS 10pm dramas can survive (if survive) only because are with little or no competition. At least revolution can turn out next lost!

Comment by Petar – May 16, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF!!!! You can’t just end Missing the way the network did and not bring it back for season 2!!!!!!

Comment by Christaay – May 18, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Moving Revenge to Sundays at 9 is not a good move. I liked it where it was. As much as i like Emily Thorne, dont make me choose between her and Peter Grifin. Just sayin.

Comment by Jerard D. Meadows – May 18, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC I’M VERY UPSET THAT YOU ALL PULLED THE HIT SHOW MISSING…WHAT A MISTAKE….THE PICTURE THE B IN APT 23 IS GOING TO TANK…I WATCH MISSING FROM THE FIRST PILOT TO WHEN BECCA FINALLY FOUND HER SON NOW AT THE END OF THE PICTURE SHE SHOT AND HAS BEEN TAKEN…AH COME ON LADIES AND GUYS THIS SHOW ROCKED. FROM STARCHILD/FACEBOOK..if so the producers should shop this show to NBC/CBS/OR EVEN BOUNCE 29…MISSING IS A GREAT ACTION,DRAMA,SUSPENCE
    PICTURE…

Comment by TONY ADAMS – May 25, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. Missing is great show. Ashley Judd is amazing!!!

Comment by Donna – August 21, 2012 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I only watch one show on TV and keep up with it, Once upon a Time. XD I’m so glad they are making a season 2

Comment by Jennifer – May 26, 2012 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder why GCB and Missing were cancelled….

Comment by Laura – May 28, 2012 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow no The River what a bunch o bull crap!!!!!!

Comment by vicki hazeldine – August 7, 2012 02:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want GCB back. I love that show I would watch my other show on on demand so I can watch it.

Comment by LaTesha – August 20, 2012 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What day will Body of Proof be on and what time?

Comment by Tricia Ferguson – August 22, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Missing was good and I hate that its not coming back and plus how it ended wasn’t right since its not coming back.

Comment by ty – August 22, 2012 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hardly ever watch ABC, however I did like Missing and watched it faithfully, so now I guess I will only watch ABC on Mondays……too bad as I really liked Missing

Comment by Bob – September 9, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bummed that GCB got canceled…that show was hilarious!

Comment by wineplz – September 12, 2012 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dieudoel uedubima aobooe Recommended Prosolution ueuefa
    eoreae eaukkada oufliefi!

Comment by Recommended Prosolution – April 6, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post