How I Met Your Mother Season Finale Recap: And Barney's Bride Is…

Get More: Finales, Recaps

WARNING: If you have yet to watch Monday’s season finale of How I Met Your Mother, avert your eyes now. Everyone else, you may proceed…

Monday’s season finale of How I Met Your Mother finally revealed the identity of the woman who got Barney to do the impossible — get married! — and the lucky lady isRobin!!!

But before we get to that, let’s — in true HIMYM fashion — rewind, so that we may recount the story of how Barney proposed to Quinn. It all started when the now-former bachelor was worried that he had lost his girlfriend forever. But she was, in fact, waiting for him back at their apartment, newly redecorated to look like the “inside of Tinkerbell’s vagina” (it was actually more Hello Kitty-ish, but let’s not split whiskers).

Whew. Crisis averted. But there was more to come…

Reunited, the two headed to the airport for their first vacation together. Unfortunately, Barney’s magic trick box caught the attention of the TSA. He even refused to open it after the guards whipped out their guns. When he finally relented and performed a bit of hocus-pocus, it featured a lot of bells and whistles, and, in the end, an engagement ring. At that point, he popped the question, and Quinn, no surprise, accepted.

Whew. Another crisis averted. But wait, there was still more…

After the couple announced their big news to the gang, Barney joked to Robin, “Last chance to run away together,” before turning serious and adding, “I hope this isn’t weird or anything.” Although seeing her ex make the ultimate commitment clearly was weird (or anything), Robin insisted, “I’m really happy for you.”

Potential crisis averted, we then flash-forwarded to Barney’s nuptials, and it wasn’t Quinn in the wedding dress but Robin! But why did the bride-to-be need to see Ted before walking down the aisle? Was she having cold feet? She did say she never wanted to get married.

Ruh-roh.

Meanwhile, Ted’s love story took a major turn as well after Robin laid into him for “always chasing the wrong women” and encouraged him to contact Victoria, his only ex who could have been The One. When the two met at MacLaren’s, Victoria showed up wearing a wedding gown! Although she was about to tie the knot, she admitted to still having feelings for Ted. However, their plan to ride off into the sunset together was cut short by Ted’s guilty conscience; he’d been left at the altar himself and couldn’t bear to do that to someone else. So he started to drive Victoria back to the church. But, as memories of their time together started flooding back to him, he bypassed the church and headed straight for the aforementioned sunset.

Last but not least, Marvin Waitforit Erikson came into the world and fittingly made his first public outing at MacLaren’s.

HIMYM fans, are you happy Robin and Barney are getting hitched, or were you rooting for Quinn? And do you think there’s any chance Victoria is the Mother?

Comments (383)

• Boo.

Comment by MC – May 14, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BOO indeed! OH BOO!

Comment by MariaPompeo – May 14, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Boo-urns!

Comment by Joel – May 14, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I was saying Boo-Urns

Comment by Kate – May 14, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Boo – wait for it -

.ooooo!
        Nah, actually they’re a good couple.

Comment by Rock Golf – May 14, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • so not the right tie bro! (thanks god you have doubts on the wedding day!)

Comment by rita – May 14, 2012 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Here’s a twist for ya…
        It isn’t Robin. The camera just happened to cut to one of the brideSMAIDS. dundundun…

Comment by Ted Moseby – August 10, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • or The writers made us think they’re getting married,but really it could be two different weddings?

Comment by Edward Hill – August 13, 2012 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • no way it has to be robin

Comment by Am – June 4, 2013 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Future Ted said Robin never got married and never had children. Its not going to happen.

Comment by Rich – May 14, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • he never really said it. he implied it… but I’m gonna pray for a year for them not getting married. they don’t want the same things out of life!

Comment by rita – May 14, 2012 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No he never implied she wasn’t getting married he just confirmed she never had kids. And they do get married. Craig Thomas confirmed it last year in an interview with TV Guide

Comment by Ash – May 14, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • nope. he said barney gets marry. not to whow. and they said that yes she never had kids but that she was never alone… implying to me that she never got married either.

Comment by rita – May 14, 2012 07:19 PM PDT
          • How does him saying that she was never alone imply that she never got married?!

Comment by Jason C – May 14, 2012 08:59 PM PDT
          • Rita how the hell did you get that she doesn’t get married from “she doesn’t end up alone”? I just don’t see the connection.

Comment by andrea – May 14, 2012 10:35 PM PDT
          • She doesn’t have kids; she even says “and thats why you don’t exist” on that episode where she is speaking about her imaginary kids…. The only possibility would be adoption, and that seems pretty unlikely that they would follow the Friends plot so closely.

Comment by Alex – May 15, 2012 06:47 AM PDT
          • if we go way back to season 2 i think it was theres the episode were Ted and Robin are pretending to be goin out in the bar were Ted, gets a guy away from her even tho she wanted to talk to him, Anyway at the end of that episode Ted says “And thats not the last u’ll hear of him but we wil get back to that latter” (Somewhere along those lines) And thats been ages aways prehaps Barney gets Quinn and Robin get that guy

Comment by Callan – July 24, 2012 01:45 AM PDT
          • You’re a couple seasons behind for one, and they intended to get that guy back for season 6, but he was busy. The truth of the matter is that they couldn’t get him when they expected and so now they’ll get him for the next season. In other words: you’ll see him again, but Robin is marrying Barney either way…

Comment by Jason C – July 24, 2012 08:35 PM PDT
        • I wouldn’t say that it implies that she doesn’t get married, I think it says that was around about way to saying just that:she doesn’t end up alone.

Meanwhile, while this doesn’t validate my assumption last year after the season finale Bays/Thomas did an interview with TVLine and had this to say:

TVLINE | Carter [Bays, co-creator] told TV Guide Magazine that the wedding is the beginning of Ted’s love story and the end of somebody else’s. Is there anything you’d like to add to that?
          All I’ll say is that when we eventually get to that future wedding day, it is definitely not what everyone would expect. It’s not a wedding day that will go completely smoothly, but it will end with Barney being married. It’s not a fake-out. It’s not going to be something where he runs away from it. Barney Stinson will get married that day, and we will show to whom and exactly how it goes down.

(http://tvline.com/2011/05/17/himym-craig-thomas-finale-season-7/)

And I think we can all say that having a rough wedding day is a theme on HIMYM and we’ve more than learned all the lessons about wedding days and that’s the first rule, nothing ever goes right.

Comment by Ash – May 14, 2012 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You’re actually gonna pray, are you? You do know they’re television characters, right?

Comment by MLO – May 15, 2012 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Don’t be rude. A person can pray for whoever or whatever he or she wants to. It has no affect on you so don’t be a jerk about it.

Comment by AJ – May 15, 2012 09:43 PM PDT
      • Future Ted said Robin never had kids, said nothing bout getting married. BTW, Wait for it is an awesome name!!!!!

Comment by Benjamin – May 15, 2012 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ted actually said robin never became a pole vaulter so they could in theory robin could have kids but it would feel really gimmicky to me

Comment by Qwerty – May 15, 2012 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yes, he said she never became a pole vaulter, but in another episode he did actually say that she never had kids but she was never alone.

Comment by Jason C – May 15, 2012 10:03 AM PDT
      • He said she never had kids. He never said she didn’t get married.

Comment by webuiltthepyramids – May 15, 2012 05:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Future Ted said Robin never became a pole vaulter. Meaning she never had kids. He *never* said she never got married.

Comment by Ashleah Youn – May 15, 2012 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ted never said that, please watch the show and then comment about it! And by the way get use to the idea of Robin and Barney cause the creators just confirmed it that though the wedding doesn’t go smoothly THEY DO GET MARRIED!

Comment by Vala – May 15, 2012 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Future Ted dint say Robin never got married….he merely said that Robin never had kids!! But one question….Has the series ended?? or the season??

Comment by Janvi – July 4, 2012 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He only said she never had kids… never said she didn’t get married. Just that she went on to live all over the world…

Comment by Lex – July 30, 2012 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is there anything more pathetic on TV than the writers of HIMYM stretching the reveal of the mother out so far beyond the pale?

Comment by Matt Hickman (@hemo_jr) – May 14, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sure there is…The show Rob on CBS…..Are you there Chelsea, Whitney….the list goes on and on….but I did think it was weak for it to be Robin….ugh…oh well..they have thrown false outs before….

Comment by Michael – May 14, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Considering the show is called How I Met Your Mother, I don’t think it’s really pathetic…

Comment by Jason C – May 14, 2012 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, pairing the spares with Robin and Barney.

It’s a relic of the show’s ratings deficient days when they needed to resort to cheap ploys to create buzz like hooking them up and casting Britney Spears.

Stretching the reveal of the mother is right there in the title of the show. It’s not like they didn’t warn you.

Comment by Kendall – May 15, 2012 12:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No, I think they’re showing that the last persons whom anybody would have imagine getting marry, let alone to each other, do and Ted, the person who’s deperate to get marry is still single. I think the message of the show is to wait for love and it will find you.

Comment by Super Blasto – May 18, 2012 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yay!!!!!

Comment by Elsa – May 14, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely freaking horrible couple. The anti-Lily/Marshall. Apparently, they live miserably ever after — and childless.

Comment by Mark – May 15, 2012 02:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hey asshole. plenty of people have very happy lives child-free, and i for one think their paring is legendary;)

Comment by becca – May 16, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • agreed!

Comment by Alex Rude – May 17, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • i definately agree. i think barney and robin are beautiful and kinda guessed it was going to be her considering it started with the bride wanting to talk to ted and he was never that close with quin

Comment by Jade – May 23, 2012 02:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It came up so often that Barney wants kids, and that he loves them. (Remember reaction to being an uncle?)

Pairing sucks, hugely.

Comment by Heather – June 5, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Totally agree — I love them together, I think they bring out each others strengths.

Comment by Lex – July 30, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s dumb, Barney belongs single and they should of never made him start dating. I don’t see why anyone thinks R&B should be a couple. They failed before at it and got ugly and fat. Barney should be single.

Comment by Shirvani – June 28, 2012 03:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah, because no one ever grows up in life… (And, btw, the ugly and fat bit was just a joke…)

Comment by Jason C – June 28, 2012 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know if Victoria is the one, but at least now the writers have something else they can squeeze 10 – 15 episodes of fake drama out of. I figured Robin would be the bride, but it true HIMYM fashion, they had to zig before they could zag. OMG, it’s another plot twist!!!!!

THEY ACTUALLY HAVE MADE NPH INTO A FOOL INSTEAD OF BEING FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!! In all fairness, however, I must admit that “Waitforit” is a cool middle name.

The premise of the show has way jumped the shark. Are the writers of the show so lacking in creativity that they must pull the same stupid tricks on us over and over again?

(Wait for it . . . . . . .)

I guess yes because they keep doing it. Thank God for my DVR so I can just fast forward through the boring 75% of the show.

Comment by davej – May 15, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought it would be Ted and Robin that will end up together?..cause Lily and Marshall did a bet, and Marshall said “Not yet..” soo what happened in the end? Did Robin and Barney really get married??? then What happened to Quinn???

Comment by Aj Adarle – June 7, 2012 12:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They’re going to explain that at the beginning of next season. Also, you have to remember Marshall saying, “Not yet…” happens in the past based on Ted’s narration, Marshall doesn’t know what will happen, he just doesn’t want to give up on the bet yet. It’s been made abundantly clear on several occasions throughout the show that Ted and Robin will not end up together though…

Comment by Jason C – June 7, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yay how is that possible he propossed to Quinn

Comment by jas – November 29, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy to read it was Robin!! Can’t wait to watch.

Comment by Nina – May 14, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That ending… wat.

Comment by katsumaro – May 14, 2012 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The people in my apartment building probably think I’m crazy because I just shouted ‘YES!’ when I saw the ending.

Comment by Fowler Martens (@fowlaaa) – May 14, 2012 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I did the same. Lol! So happy it’s Robin! I mean I was convinced all season that it was but I was worried it was going to be Quinn. That wedding dress was not happening though. They need to get over their hatred of Cobie Smulders and dress her properly.

Comment by Ari – May 14, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amen.

Comment by Melody – May 14, 2012 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hahaha totally agree

Comment by Madeha – May 14, 2012 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know it’s incredibly sad, but I sobbed with happiness when I saw Robin was the one Barney is marrying. I know I’m ridiculous but I love this show so much and am so thrilled to have that to look forward to down the road! Yay Robin and Barney!!!

Comment by Kim – May 15, 2012 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same!

Comment by Liz – May 14, 2012 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahaha saame, except I also clapped, which I don’t even do at the end of movies in movie theaters lol

Comment by Liz – May 14, 2012 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I screamed really loud. So everyone who heard that thinks I am nuts too! But it’s Barney and Robin!!!!! I am SO happy!

Comment by Christy – May 14, 2012 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • haha, me to! glad I live alone..

Comment by guest – May 14, 2012 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You and me both.

Comment by May – May 15, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew it would be Robin she looks stunning.

Comment by VisionOf♥Shar (@Shari_Broslife) – May 14, 2012 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol what?? That dress was awful!

Comment by misha – May 14, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I loved the dress and I loved that it is Robin whom Barney marries. I yelled out loud, too!

Comment by Nancy – May 14, 2012 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That dress was terrible.

Comment by Steph – May 15, 2012 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really wish it hadn’t jumped like that… so much was left out!

Comment by Christy – May 14, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Obviously we’re going to see what happens leading up to the wedding next season

Comment by Christine – May 14, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So very excited!

Comment by Fans Since the 1st HIMYM – May 14, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, I’m in the anti-Robin-being-the-bride camp. Oh well.

Comment by Jessibel – May 14, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! I sort of knew she would be, but I really hoped they wouldn’t go that route.

Comment by Cait – May 14, 2012 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I liked nora!!

Comment by Jack – May 14, 2012 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen to that. I was really hoping for Quinn or Nora (now THAT would’ve been a shock)

Comment by JBS – May 14, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The show just seems so wishy-washy with the two of them being like “I love Robin, no wait, I don’t love Robin, no wait, I love Robin, no, he loves Robin” There are other women in the world besides Robin. Who needs to be dressed better next season.

Comment by Jessibel – May 14, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Amen to Robin being better dressed during season 8.

Comment by JBS – May 14, 2012 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Agreed. I’ve never understood the appeal of Robin. I don’t get why they’re both so hung up on her forever. Hated her with Ted and with Barney. I’d much rather they defy cliches (like they did in the beginning of the show but not for the last few seasons) and have Robin end up alone but happy.

Comment by Lindsey – May 14, 2012 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • definitely against this conclusion. barney and robin don’t work.

Comment by lunarcheese – May 14, 2012 11:45 PM PDT
          • And why not? Because they didn’t work before? That doesn’t mean they won’t work later…

Comment by Jason C – May 15, 2012 09:32 AM PDT
      • Me too. I actually really came to like the Quinn character. I just knew that when Becki Newton’s show got picked up there was little chance of it turning out to be her.

I’m solidly in the anti-Robin camp. For one thing, I don’t think they’re super-compatible, but the biggest reason is that I think Barney should be a father, and because Ted confirms Robin never has kids, that pretty much closes the door on that for Barney. Meh.

Comment by DL – May 15, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • But isn’t part of the problem with Quinn that Barney and Quinn are too much alike? Eventually, just like two positive sides of a magnet, they would/will repel each other…

Comment by Jason C – May 15, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah, me too. I don’t like the two of them together

Comment by d-man – May 14, 2012 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was really hoping that it would be Quinn or Nora… not Robin. I don’t like the two of them together because it feels like a forced relationship to satisfy the shippers. On the other hand, I love Ted & Victoria together. I just wish it wasn’t under such circumstances. I don’t like it when Ted looks like a jerk.

Comment by Nicotine – May 15, 2012 03:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t worry, you aren’t alone. It’s a cop-out for the bride to be Robin. I won’t stop watching the show because I’ve invested seven years into it, but it definitely disappointed me.

Comment by Steph – May 15, 2012 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I got to say that to.

“I’m in the anti-Robin-being-the-bride camp.”

Comment by RJ – June 7, 2012 02:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What the What!!!

Comment by Darth Pablo – May 14, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, wrong show… that’s 30 Rock.

Comment by Deg – May 15, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Robin! Boo for Victoria!

Comment by Rachel – May 14, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!

Comment by Jackie – May 14, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo-hoo!!!! I clapped and yelled A LOT. But no good can come from Ted and Victoria.

Comment by Amy – May 14, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The ending I was hoping for! Since we know Ted doesn’t get Robin … Barney HAD TO! :)

Comment by mrm13905 – May 14, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just did a happy dance in my seat. They are meant to be!! I can’t wait to watch.

Comment by Jackie – May 14, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO HAPPY<333333333333333333333

Comment by Ali – May 14, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course its Robin. If it had been anyone else it would’ve sucked. I knew he was going to propose to Quinn then they’d show Robin as the bride setting up a crazy season entailing the road to Robin & Barney’s wedding. Ted just proved Robin right also by running off with Victoria continuing his taste in the wrong women.

Comment by Jessica – May 14, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Me – May 14, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL! (sigh) eh-heh

Comment by TV Gord – May 14, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am confused because Robin is suppose to marry from the department store…we found that out last season

Comment by Erica – May 14, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No we didn’t. Ted never said she was going to marry that guy.

Comment by Ari – May 14, 2012 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, he just said that story wasn’t finished. But then the actor wasn’t available to film any more scenes, sadly.

Comment by Ashleah Youn – May 15, 2012 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UGH! so freaking awful…officially divorcing the show

Comment by KND – May 14, 2012 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. I’m DONE. It’s not that I want Ted and Robin together and that’s why I’m pissed, I just HATE Robin and Barney. Like, really, really hate them.

Comment by Calla Lilly – May 14, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m right there with ya! I’m glad I have a few months to decide if I EVER want to watch this show again!! I HATE Barney and Robin together!!!!

Comment by Dani – May 14, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah why do people like B&R together? Barney belongs single and shouldn’t be dating. I don’t understand why they made him start. Anyways B&R had a really bad relationship and I doubt it would get better. I liked the first season most but now there are all plotholes and the story doesn’t lead up. I would like to see T&V but it won’t happen.

Comment by Shirvani – June 28, 2012 04:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m assuming you’re one of those people who doesn’t actually know what a plothole is…

Comment by Jason C – June 28, 2012 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are such a troll. But you’re more like a Krazy Nitpicky Douche

Comment by Gawd – May 14, 2012 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why, because they don’t support the same viewpoint as you? I am ehh as for Robin as the bride, but I have watched this many seasons and will see it through the end the next season.

Comment by Michael – May 14, 2012 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Just because people don’t like Barney and Robin together doesn’t mean they are douches. I’ve seen plenty of B/R shipppers say they would stop watching if they didn’t end up together.

Comment by Steph – May 15, 2012 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why cant they change it and make Victoria the mom? Pleeease

PS. Love how barneys wedding was supposed to be end f next season and now its “a little ways away.”. Seriously??? Just stick to the plan and make it happen next year. Enough with the “who is the mom bull****” end the show next year with his wedding and ted meeting her. So frustrating.

Comment by JeniLee – May 14, 2012 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Barney’s wedding was “a little ways down the road” from the first time they showed us the flash-forward when Ted and Marshall were sitting outside the church talking. They purposefully left the timing ambiguous.
      I agree with you; I’ve always liked Victoria, too. Not that I think they wrote her story arc that well this season, but she was always my favorite.

Comment by sas51079 – May 14, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i always liked Victoria…until tonight. they just ruined her, with her being willing to leave her fiance at the alter.

Comment by d-man – May 14, 2012 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • My prediction is she will change her mind like 30 seconds after her last scene with Ted from the finale. Otherwise she and Ted will create a whole storm of crap that I really don’t feel like wading through at the beginning of the season.

Comment by DL – May 15, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I got Ted/Victoria (who I love) and then… BrOTP. Most importantly, Robin being the bride.

Comment by Linn (@theroomstops) – May 14, 2012 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hell yes! I expected it to be Robin. i’m so happy. come on.. barney is awesome single..but if the writers had to put barney with someone it has to be robin! they fit together perfectly :D

Comment by lana – May 14, 2012 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah except that the start of the second episode Ted said “the worst wedding ever” or something. Either way, it’s not Quinn so I’m happy.

Comment by Samantha – May 14, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Which may lead to a twist with the wedding being called off, Nora or Quinn coming back or a classic Shmosbey meltdown …..

Comment by WaitForIt... – May 14, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bad weddings bring good marriages. I ain’t even scared. Craig Thomas said earlier this year that the wedding doesn’t go smoothly but Barney ends up married. Haters gonna hate, but Robin is Barney’s soulmate, best friend, and the one to whom nothing and NO ONE can compare.

Comment by AHHHHHHH – May 14, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yeah I wasn’t hating…

Comment by Samantha – May 14, 2012 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • worst wedding probably just meant a mishap that happened during the wedding.. Probably nth bad happened between barney n robin..well i hope so..

Comment by lana – May 14, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO HAPPY!!

Comment by Chelsea Anne – May 14, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So freaking happy its robin!! Swarkles ftw :)

Comment by Brenna – May 14, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • also I have a feeling after next season it’ll either be canceled or renewed for one final season. We’re close to meeting the mom and I think some of the actors are ready to move on.

Comment by Samantha – May 14, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was already renewed for seasons 8 AND 9. All the actors signed for these, too.

Comment by May – May 15, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know i’m replying very late here but we know the actors playing Lily and Marshall will be moving on after season 8 unless they changed their mind

Comment by Nateon – September 25, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they’re screwing with us. In Barney’s “a little time down the road…” it wasn’t raining. In Robin’s, it was raining. I don’t think they’re marrying each other. (Sadly.)

Comment by k. magz – May 14, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True but lilly is wearing the same dress in both…

Comment by WaitForIt... – May 14, 2012 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, you’re only partially correct. It’s bright and sunny at the start of the wedding but it starts raining while Ted and Marshall are having a beer outside. I remember since Ted complains about not having an umbrella.

Comment by RL215 – May 14, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • …and the mother has a yellow umbrella!

Comment by susela – May 14, 2012 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s canon that Ted meets the mother at Barney’s wedding. I want him to notice the yellow umbrella and strike up a conversation with her. And she’ll end up being Barney’s half-sister (in college). Thus making Barney & Robin Uncle & Aunt. Officially. :D

Comment by Ashleah Youn – May 15, 2012 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But in Barney’s flashforward it was STARTING to rain. Even though I’d LOVE for that to be true.

Comment by Calla Lilly – May 14, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nononono to victoria again hated it and they drive off on her wedding are u freaking kidding me. agree with others boo to robin being the bride

Comment by ollie – May 14, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So so happy that it is robin marrying barney they are made for each other.

Comment by Marie – May 14, 2012 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Quick question – the opening with the church it showed people going in and was sunny – then shot to Lily getting Ted for the bride. At the end, they show the church and it’s raining, Ted talks to Marshall and then goes to the bride. Is this a trick? Same wedding??

Comment by Jan – May 14, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It starts out sunny and then Ted says “it looks like it might rain” in the season 6 premiere. That is consistent.

Comment by AHHHHHHH – May 14, 2012 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you. I missed Ted’s comment. Guess I’m always looking for a trick!

Comment by Jan – May 14, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It actually starts raining in the end of that episode just after Lily calls Ted inside to talk to Barney

Comment by SiHN – May 14, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s raining so that the mother brings her yellow umbrella!

Comment by Jackie – May 14, 2012 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes! The yellow umbrella needs to appear!

Comment by Jan – May 14, 2012 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve seen the entire series from beginning to the current finale and the have been countless reasons why Robin and Barney should not be together said by Barney and Robin themselves so i am disappointed with her as the Bride.
    As for Christy, if you know the she then you should know their style they skip to the end and tell the story of how it lead there in the actual episodes which is what we can expect in Season 8.
    For all those saying Boo to Victoria,it doesn’t matter because she can’t be the mother, (if i am wrong i will kill myself)
    I was hoping we would meet Ted’s wife in this episode so we could a development of their relationship in, what is supposed to be, the last season. I hope we are able to see how she interact and behave with the group and not just skip to their wedding…

CANT WAIT FOR SEASON 8!!!! Best Show Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by WaitForIt... – May 14, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You need to proof read your stuff before you post. You don’t make any sense!

Comment by you're annoying – May 14, 2012 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • nope you’re right victoria can’t be the mother you see in the leap (and also something similar was said in the best man) future ted states that if it wasn’t for the teaching job he’d never met their mother but he’d already met victoria

Comment by Irene – May 19, 2012 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I TOTALLY knew it was Robin!! I remembered the episode when Robin and Ted promised to be each other’s “best man/maid of honor” so when Lily told Ted, “the bride needs you”, it HAD to be Robin……..plus Quinn sucks lol.

Comment by Alyssa Barrera (@starlight0418) – May 14, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly. This is why Robin needed to talk to Ted. Barney needed his best man. And now Robin needed her best man.

Comment by Ashleah Youn – May 15, 2012 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did not want her to be the bride. Ugh.

Comment by Rebecca – May 14, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Quinn sooooooooooooooooooooo much more than Robin for Barney.

Comment by Sam – May 14, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course it had to be Robin. I’ve long thought that the reason the story starts with Robin is because Robin had to be ready to get married because Ted meets the Mother at the wedding. (still convinced its Barney’s step sister) :)

Comment by Kensi – May 14, 2012 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • wow.. that is a terrible run on sentence. I APOLOGIZE.

Comment by Kensi – May 14, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s my theory too, that the mother is Barney’s half sister.

Comment by Jessibel – May 14, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • How does Barney have a half sister/step sister??

Comment by Alyssa – May 14, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • barney’s biological father has his other family (with a son and a daughter I believe). We met the son in the show but the daughter was ‘away at college,’ presumably in the class ted accidentally taught

Comment by jenna – May 14, 2012 07:37 PM PDT
  • I got everything I wanted in the finale! Ted with Victoria, Robin as Barney’s bride and an awesome name for baby Erikson

Comment by B – May 14, 2012 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Though, I’m sort of convinced that V can’t be the mom, which is sad. She’s just so frickin’ cute!

Comment by Lex – July 30, 2012 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There are no words for how shocked I’m not.

Comment by Underwhelmed – May 14, 2012 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stupid ending. I knew it would be Robin and that’s fine but why show the whole season as Barney and Quinn and then the last 3 seconds have a major rewind.

Basically nothing developed except Lilly/Marshall’s baby

Comment by Tim – May 14, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Whole season? Try 7 out of 22, pal. If you compare that to the number of B/R episodes throughout the whole series (with 4 of the season FINALES related to their relationship alone), there’s no comparison.

Comment by AHHHHHHH – May 14, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Barney and Robin had very few moments this season (in fact most were with her and Ted). I said it’s fine that Robin is the bride as it was better for the show in the end I just believe that we were almost mislead for the season intentionally and given absolutely no idea into how the wedding actually happened (I assumed that was what the season would divulge).

Comment by Tim – May 14, 2012 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It is clear that they spent the season misleading so that they could get to this flash-forward point. First of all, in season 7, both Barney and Robin were finally ready to commit to a healthy marriage relationship, which was extremely important character development for them. Secondly, Marshall said, “Man, its sure been a bumpy road of twists and turns to get to this point, hasn’t it?” right before Ted went in to see what Robin needed, which clearly is setting up that the reason they flashed forward is so they could spend season 8 explaining how Barney went from engaged to Quinn to marrying Robin within what we can safely assume is 1 year.
          And it makes perfect sense that Barney and Robin’s wedding is where Ted meets his bride because of the umbrella thing but mostly because it brings together why all the stories Ted has told about Robin and Barney are important. I think Ted can only let Robin go truly if she marries someone else, and I also think that the coming together of Ted’s two best friends brings together beautifully the story of why Barney and Robin are still so important in Ted’s life even though Robin isn’t the mother. He told all those stories because if Barney and Robin hadn’t gotten married, he never would have met his wife, since he meets her at Barney and Robin’s wedding.
          I’m interested to see how Barney and Robin work together on the second go-round. They fell apart the first time, and I’m wondering how it’ll be different besides the fact that they are both looking for something serious this time.

Comment by Melody – May 14, 2012 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Well said melody. Although its a little sad that we’ll never see Barney have a child as i think he’s been set up to make a great father, though i guess their could turn out to be one of the 200+ women barneys slept with; who got knocked up revealed there for not making it Robins child as she never has kids, in the future if next season isnt its last. But whatever happens this marriage does seem like it will bring together alot of loose ends and reasoning of why Ted tells all these stories. I cant wait for next season i feel like a year from now in the season 8 finale we may finally find out who the mother is, then possibly one more season after that, but i think that 9 seasons is as far as it will go.

Comment by Seb – May 14, 2012 09:15 PM PDT
  • i was so for TEAM QUINN… i used to root for robin, but after their last time with kevin, i just cant… im sad its robin, i will miss quinn….. BUT HOW COOL IS THAT NAME…. MARVIN WAIT FOR IT ERICKSON

Comment by Brendan Byron – May 14, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well there should be at least a few episodes of Quinn left after this…as they are currently engaged. I’d imagine Becki Newton(Quinn) will be picked up by a new series mid-season next fall. But it is always possible that the part of Quinn could appear in a majority of episodes. This would make the writers, once again, successful in misleading the HIMYM watch party

Comment by This Justin – May 14, 2012 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Becki Newton already has a new series – The Goodwin Games on Fox with Scott Foley.

Comment by CAM – May 15, 2012 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m pretty sure that’s from the creators of HIMYM, so they can work production schedules out to get her back for an arc next season…

Comment by Jason C – May 15, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HAHAHa I AM SO VALIDATED. All the haters and the T/R fans and the anyone-but-Robin believers can kindly smooch all of our behinds. Plus, Craig Thomas has stated outright that Barney gets married…which spells out END GAME. Ha. Ha. Ha. HA. Y’all were sooooooo wrong and we were sooooooooooooo right.

Comment by AHHHHHHH – May 14, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are the very reason so many of us hate Barney/Robin shippers.

Comment by Lindsey – May 14, 2012 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not all B/R shippers are like this!

Comment by Rowrohoh – May 15, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, the majority of Barney/Robin shippers act very mature from what I’ve seen. They ship their side, but don’t go out of their way to sabotage the other shippers. IMHO, they’re loads better than certain shippers on certain CW shows that shall remain nameless.
        And as much as I don’t want to say it (cause I’m a Barney/Quinn fan & was a Barney/Nora fan as well) they do have a right to being validated after last night.

Comment by JBS – May 15, 2012 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shut up.

Comment by Steph – May 15, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you are the reason Barney/Robin shippers like me get a bad name. Idiot.

Comment by crimibird – May 15, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wanted Barney to end up with Robin until she said she didn’t want children. I want Barney to be a dad one day.

Comment by Maddy – May 14, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, Robin said that because she can’t have kids. Barney and Robin could always adopt kids.

Comment by AngieD – May 14, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um no. Quinn forever.

Comment by barnhillism – May 14, 2012 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I screamed with excitement when it was FINALLY (at least I was hoping it was) revealed that it was Robin.

Comment by Jacqi – May 14, 2012 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really didn’t want it to be Robin… Oh well. They are going to have an entire season to convince me that Barney and Robin belong together.

As much as I like Victoria and the fact that her and Ted are together now…. I’m pretty upset because I don’t think she’ll be the mother either and it’s going to be tough for me to see them break up in the future. Aside from Robin, I thought that Victoria was the best person for Ted. I really do wish the best for them though.

Comment by Alex – May 14, 2012 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s strange that the writers would build a show around finding true love only to have Ted not get the one he loves and settle for the first person he meets after Robin gets married. Hopefully there will be another twist. Not that I want him to end up with Robin, but it just seems like bad timing.

Comment by B232B – May 14, 2012 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Victoria was a girlfriend of Ted’s from season 1 – before he actually dated Robin. Anyway, she won’t be the mother because it’s been said that Ted meets her at Barney’s wedding

Comment by AngieD – May 14, 2012 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • nope it was said that he meets her on the day of a wedding ;) they then cut to barneys wedding implying that it was barneys

i do hope she gets cold feet and nora turns up and marry’s barney
        they said barney will get married that day doesn’t mean it has to be to the originally intended person

Comment by kopite – May 25, 2012 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Does nobody around here read interviews with the producers of the show? Barney and Robin are getting married, end of story!

Comment by Jason C – May 25, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Comment by ksica – May 14, 2012 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The surprise was kinda ruined when the actress who plays Quinn was cast in a new show that got picked for next fall, BUT it was still an awesome episode! Barnman and Robin forever! And, Waitforit is the coolest middle name!

Comment by Lauren – May 14, 2012 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! (This post accurately describes how I feel) To those naysayers, I respect your opinion. :)

Comment by mooori – May 14, 2012 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So freaking Happy!!!

Comment by Ashton – May 14, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am officially done with this show. Screw Robin. And Barney.

Comment by Bleh – May 14, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post