Hart of Dixie Finale: Find Out Who Hooked Up, Who Broke Up and Who Made Up!

Warning: If you’ve yet to watch Monday’s Hart of Dixie finale, avert your eyes now! Everyone else, read on…

As promised by showrunner Leila Gerstein, The CW’s Hart of Dixie indeed ended its freshman run with a sexy, stormy bang!

With Bluebell in the throes of a violent downpour — and on George and Lemon’s wedding day, no less — everyone was just a tad out of sorts, particularly Zoe Hart. In fact, the petite doc was determined to “object” to the impending nuptials given her newfound love of Mr. Tucker. But thankfully, her bestie Lavon convinced her to bite her tongue (aka leave town for the day).

Fellow singleton (and unrequited love) Wade also happened to be away for the afternoon, and after a car malfunction he met up with Zoe for a ride home. As luck would have it, though, the storm blocked the the road back to town and the two became stranded in an old barn.

Alone.

And all wet.

RELATED | The CW Cancels Ringer and Secret Circle, Renews Hart of Dixie For Season 2

Wade, using this opportunity to get a few things off of his chest, first told his crush that they were never friends, and then revealed that he believes his so-called feelings for her are simply the result of pent-up sexual tension. Enter a few escaped barn animals (of course) that Zoe and Wade bravely rescue from the storm, and you’ve got yourself two drenched should-be lovebirds ready to give it a go — starting with one very sweet kiss. (Come on, how could Zoe resist when Wade said to her, “There’s something here, something between us”?!)

Once back home, they decided to part ways. However, a reunion was just around the corner. Wade showed up at the doc’s door dressed to the nines, but there was really no need for all the fancy schmancy stuff — Zoe immediately ripped his clothes right off!

Here are a few more takeaways from the Season 1 finale:

• Lemon and George are dunzo. Kaput. No more. After fiendishly throwing together a makeshift wedding for his longtime love, George came to the realization that he was only rushing his I Dos so that he wouldn’t have to face his true feelings for Zoe. Unfortunately, his heartfelt breakup speech was met with a right-hook to the face, courtesy of his (ex) bride-to-be.

REALTED | Gossip Girl Renewed for Final Season

• George and Lavon, on the other hand, came to the conclusion that while they may never be friends again, they can certainly coexist peacefully as Bluebell denizens. The mayor even did everything in his power to help make the called-off wedding a reality!

• Every good finale has a good cliffhanger — and Hart of Dixie pretty much did us in with theirs. Wade and Zoe’s super-sexy romp in the sack — which included actual cuddling! — was capped by a visit from George. Leaving Wade in the other room (and unaware of who was at the door), Zoe was met by the loyal lawyer professing his love (!) and leaving her with a soft kiss. She then returned to her bedroom where an in-the-dark Wade was waiting with a really adorable, “Hey.”

So, are you whistling, um, Dixie after that finale? Hit the comments!

TAGS:
GET MORE: Finales, Recaps, Spoilers

1. ollie says:

loved that zoe and wade were toghther but creepy that after wade kissed her george then kissed her shudder.

• Ava says:

I can’t believe she let George kiss her while Wade was literally 10 feet away. I kind of hate Zoe for that. Wade is too good for her.

• Kelly says:

If you look at her kiss with George at the end you can see that she’s not really reciprocating it. I for one wanted to someone to punch George all over again. I think he’s being really stupid. He tells Zoe he still loves Lemon and then he turns around and is like ‘just kidding….I’m ready now’.
        Sorry but team WADE (since day 1).

• TChicago says:

It was an odd kiss. I think they were trying to make her look stunned/frozen, but didn’t want her to stop him and tip him off to Wade being there, which would mess up the really nice cliffhanger setup.

• Grace says:

TOTALLY TEAM WADE, LADY!!!!!
          George is like a fickle cat, running back and forth between Zoe and Lemon (which he should stick to Lemon since they both have the same cheating/fickle tendencies).
          Wade is just what Zoe needs. But damn, this girl needs to be more decisive.

Can’t believe I’ve to wait till Sept for season 2.

• Erika says:

I agree with you completely!

• yolandi says:

I will be so disappointed if she doesn’t choose Wade. He is so cute!

• Anjay Caphart says:

I am really loving Zoe right now. She finally has some romance in her life after being treated pretty shady by all except a few people in Blue Bell.
        Wade will not man-up and admit his feelings and has said that it was only sexual frustration and he did not want a serious relationship.
        George which is the guy that she was in love with but did not choose her deserves to be left hanging.
        And I hope the writers will allow Zoe to string both along with them knowing about each other while prissy little Miss Lemon sits to the side wanting Lavon yet must watch her recently divorced friend with him.

• luim001@gmail.com says:

Get over yourself – he was marring someone else, and if you watched a little more carefully you would have noticed that she did not kiss him, he kissed her

2. Maj says:

Please keep her with Wade! They were way too cute together tonight! And George gets annoying quickly…

• Ashley says:

Agreed completely. I know George will cause issues either now or later but ultimately she needs to be with Wade.

• koko says:

For the first time i want Zoe and Wade they have chemistry and George started pissing me off. Lemon acted like 6 year old who’s mummy take some toy away

• Sara says:

I kind of think Lemon was justified in punching George. He told her that nothing would keep them from getting married that day and then he leaves her at the alter. I would be pissed too!!

• J says:

Yeah.. I get that George is conflicted by his feelings for Zoe and Lemon’s affair.. but the time to resolve that is NOT 20 minutes before you are scheduled to say “I do”. It was lame that Zoe’s decision to stay was the catalyst to him calling off the wedding. And telling Lemon that the reason he wasn’t marrying her was because of his feelings for Zoe was just mean.. like adding an extra kick after she’s down. He could have just said “I thought I could do it, I thought I could power through.. but you need someone who isn’t just putting on a game face.. you need someone who is all in and I’m not that guy right now and maybe not ever.”

• J says:

Completely agree.. the scene where Wade shows up at her door and moves in on her was SO HOT! The chemistry is off the charts.

By comparison.. when George came to give her a kiss it just seemed so bleh. I realize it was supposed to be sweet rather than sexy.. but it was just boring as paste and kind of reminded me of siblings.

I’d like George to start up with Lemon’s friend who is getting a divorce. THAT would be interesting! LOL

• Chriz says:

I wanna know how does george get annoying, that night he spent with Zoe in New orleans was magic and they had something there, im not soo shaw about Wade, i think he just wants her for a romp in the sack and then ditch her.

3. Ashley says:

I’m rooting for Zoe and Wade all the way! Not only do they have amazing chemistry (I was on the edge of my seat watching all their scenes tonight, you could feel the sparks and electricity flying between them) but they at the core are truly friends who have a real connection. Even Zoe told Wade that he was the ONLY one who had supported the whole time she’s been in Bluebell. And can we just talk about THE scene…Wow. So unbelievably HOT. Not to mention Zade gets all the best romantic scenes including ones in the rain and they even saved a baby goat together. :D Just so unbelievably sweet and hot at the same time. I’m rooting for them, I know George will get in the way now, but ultimately Zoe needs to be with Wade. He’s just want she needs.

• Ashley says:

Typo: Meant to say “He’s just what she needs.”

• Katherine215 says:

Totally agree! I loved that she blew the fuse to get him to come over. Jeez, Wilson Bethel is a sexy man. I wish George would just go away, he’s such a boring character. She better not go running to him just because he’s now decided he really does want to be with her.

• Danielle H says:

It was seriously blow your heart up sexy. They just lit up the screen tonight. How could Zoe want George when she’s got Wade wanting her?

• bklanelson10 says:

Agree Agree Agree!!!! ZOE AND WADE ALL THE WAY!!! They have to be together, they make the most sense. George annoys the crap out of me. And he cant tell Zoe he’s gonna be with Lemon, and then decide nevermind, I’ll be with you instead. He can’t just get whatever he wants whenever he wants it. AAAGH!!! It will drive me nuts if she goes to George instead of Wade. I have not cared this much about a show since “the OC”

4. Tina says:

Loved it!!! Especially Zoe/Wade. I was ready to punch George myself when he shows up at her doorstep, but I knew it was coming. I was squeeing with delight when Zoe turned on that coffee maker…so perfect.

• Amy says:

Yes! I loved that Zoe kinda initiated the sexy romp. She knew what cutting on the coffee maker would do. This wasn’t some shy girl who made a stupid drunk decision. I don’t even think you could say it was a “heat of the moment” decision. She made a conscious choice that she wanted Wade, and it was pretty darn fabulous.

• traci says:

Agreed!!! Loved Zoe & Wade and loved how she initiated it. They built up the tension perfectly the whole season and tonight was amazing. Hope they keep those two together for a bit and let George see how good they are together and what he missed.

• Tina says:

I whole heartedly agree!! I noticed too when she came back into the room, she was so confused but then when she looked at Wade and he said “hey” a goofy smile appeared. Implying that she has the feelings for Wade now and I hope she goes with that. I am so sick of George, I know when the show first started they intended to have that love triangle between Zoe/George/Lemon, but frankly I was so happy when it went away for a while as the Zoe/Wade chemistry emerged. George just should have married Lemon :-/

5. Amy says:

All for Zoe and Wade! That was awesome and so worth waiting for. Now just don’t go and ruin it in Season 2.

• bklanelson10 says:

Couldn’t agree more! I have this feeling they are going to ruin it with stupid George. I so badly want to see what Wade would be like in a relationship

6. redtiger22 says:

Zade…ABOUT TIME!!! Screw George…the king of wishy washy! Too little, too late!!!

7. Karen says:

That was one sexy-ass scene between Zoe and Wade… FINALLY! She better not choose George, or I’m gonna be mad as hell

8. Tia says:

zade!! ahh!! finally! and George! you have the WORST timing in the world!!

9. Bonnie says:

LOVED THE FINALE!!! Almost passed out with joy. Already watched it 3x. Can’t wait until fall. Hoping for a post-mortem with the show runner

10. Ali says:

About time for us Zoe and Wade fans! Screw George!

11. airhead says:

screw george – ZADE ALL THE WAY!!!

12. Keri says:

Amazing finale! Team George all the way!

• Loz says:

Agreed!

• Elyse says:

i’m going to assume that was a typo and you meant to say team wade. because george sucks.

• Tia says:

Team George! You see, Wade is fun for a night but not for a lifetime. George on the other hand,Zoe could spend a lifetime with. He fits in both her lives while Wade just fits in one. During the season I went back and forth on who it should be but the finale made me see it was George all along. And who couldn’t love the ‘No one told me she stayed’ scene with Lavon. Amazing Finale!

• Katherine215 says:

See, that’s the problem for me. George is TOO much like Zoey. He’s too busy being perfect to be of any interest to me. Wade, on the other hand, has lots of room for character development and I can’t wait to see where they take him.

• Laurie says:

Tia, I totally agree. When George was standing out in the rain he looked so stricken. I had to rewind it numerous times to hear “No one told me she stayed” comment. It had my holding my breath. You are correct that Wade fits in one part of her life. They argue well together, they have a sexual chemistry because well let’s face it, Wade’s abs are hot. But her and George connected from the very beginning. She got a taste of what their life could be like together and saw that it could be amazing. They have both the small town and New York in common. I love Wade, but him and Zoe just aren’t meant to be. Team George/Zoe all the way!

• Ava says:

Seriously. George is so boring. I couldn’t imagine a lifetime of George. Zoe is an idiot for even considering George.

13. CB says:

Zoe & Wade!!!

(Oh, and from now on Wade should do all of his scenes shirtless.)

14. Mollie says:

Perfection! Z&W’s chemistry was just off the charts throughout the episode and the way the sex scene was portrayed was perfect: both hot like their chemistry and playful like their relationship. I mean, their complicity and connection was so amazing, I can’t get over how cute they were amidst all the hotness with their little smiles and laugh It just showed so well how great they could be together; free and happy and SO MUCH MORE than just “sexual frustration”…but we already knew that!

It’s probably going to get complicated for them because of George next season, but I’m sure they’ll find their way to each other in s2 and realize that what they have is much more than either of them thought – you can already tell that Zoe is torn. And if it leads to more hot fights and make-up sessions like tonight…bring it on ;)

15. Larissa says:

This show was building up this finally all season long….finally something happened! I love them both…so hard to choose.

16. Katrina says:

George is a loser… Can’t they just introduce new hot guys and let Scott Porter do another show?

17. Amy says:

Zoe & Wade all the way!!! I can’t believe George did this crap again with Lemon, what a jerk he’s turning out to be. Both Lemon AND Zoe deserve better. I hope Lemon gets back with Levon and Zoe with Wade. Booooo George!

• Tia says:

Lemon and George have been together since they were kids. The relationship had run its course a long time ago but they both didn’t want to admit it.

18. It’s not that I dislike George… It’s that I LOVE Wade. Team Wade always :)

19. Megan says:

Can George go away now? Like honestly I just know he’s gonna mess things up for Wade and Zoe now. That’s exactly how the CW operates. Makes me sad. Hope I’m wrong.

20. Maryam says:

Zade always. George does nothing for me.

• raven says:

He doesn’t do anything for me, either. I kind of think that Scott Porter is half-awesome…as himself. George just pisses me off, for reasons I didn’t even realize until the arrow in the leg episode.

And the way I see it, George is the safe choice, the one where she doesn’t have to stretch herself, make herself grow as a person and to make the relationship work…but the safe choice isn’t always the right or best choice.

I have a bad feeling that Zoe is going to screw Wade over and break his heart next season, just because her precious golden boy is free now.

21. tyler says:

am i the only one who can’t choose who i ship zoe with more!? I LOVE her and george and i think they have something beautiful…but her and wade have a sexy dangerous relationship. Im torn!

• Lori says:

It’s not just you. Lol. I’m so confused… I love her with George, but I also love her with wade. All I know for certain is that whoever she picks, I’m going to be happy and sad (for the other relationship) lol. I think that’s what so great about this show is that I don’t know who I want her with. Why can’t she just have both?! Lol.

22. Tabitha says:

I’m in the minority with only one other commenter it seems, but I’m SUCH a George/Zoe fan! Scott Porter and Rachel Bilson act so well together and their characters just FIT.

• Calla Lilly says:

I’m George/Zoe fan, absolutely! You’re not alone!

• Ellen says:

George and Zoe all the way!! Scott Porter and Rachel Bilson have amazing chemistry. Scott Porter was what drew me to Hart of Dixie and he didn’t disappoint me AT ALL. I understand George; he’s flawed (as everybody is) and he’s adorable. I love Hart of Dixie and I love it’s cast. So happy we get a new season :) !!!

• Joyce says:

I’m a George/Zoe fan, they have always had a respect that couples need. Wade is never going to fit into all of Zoe’s world but George could and Zoe knows that.

• Marisa_once says:

Well then I’m in the minority too! I love George and Zoe. I have to admit, Zade was hot, but we haven’t seen George and Zoe have sex. I am sure I will be as hot!

• alikatster says:

i’m definitely a george and zoe fan! they have long term potential, where her and wade are just a sexy little fling…

23. Whitney says:

George and Zoe would make a much better couple than Wade and Zoe. I hope they explore George/Zoe more next season…the best episode of the season in my opinion was the one where they went to New Orleans. They were great together.

• Amy says:

I was a George/Zoe fan at the start of the show, but then Wade really grew on me and my allegiance changed (which NEVER happens….I’m still waiting for the version of Dawson’s Creek where Dawson and Joey end up together). The New Orleans episode was really good and almost convinced me with how great George and Zoe would be together, but any traces of that were blown to bits by tonight’s finale and the sizzle between Zoe and Wade. George just doesn’t have *it* like Wade does.

• Whitney says:

I think anyone would sizzle with Wade…it’s just at the end of the day I see George/Zoe as the more adorable, meant to be couple.

• Sarah says:

I love this… especially the comment about Dawson’s Creek… So totally… lol…. I. Love George too..but Zoe and wade are soooo sweet together!!!! Can’t wait.for next.season

• Shannon says:

Ha! That episode of Dawson’s Creek has happened in my imagination. I’m actually really torn between Wade and George. I think that’s what makes it so great, I can see her with both of them. I’m usually completely one side or the other.

• Amy says:

Glad I’m not alone in with my Dawson/Joey expectations. :D Now, as for HOD, don’t get me wrong — I, myself, would not personally turn away George or Wade (or the actors portraying the characters). And I decided to watch the show because Scott Porter was on it since I loved him in Friday Night Lights. But I just feel it more with Zoe and Wade. I hope Wade gets to open up his own bar next season and show Zoe (and the skeptics) that he’s not just a pretty face good for a fling now and then, but that he can be an adult too.

• Joyce says:

I have recorded the New Orleans episode and watched it over and over!

24. catherinevinh says:

Love Zoe/George..it’s been building up to this for so long.

25. Elaina says:

Wade is the roadblock for George and Zoe’s love story…PERIOD! I love Wade but don’t understand why all “Team Wade” is letting him settle for second best. Tonight’s finale further proved that Zoe and George have a MUTUAL love and connection. Wade was rebound sex pure and simple. Take your blinders off and see that even though Wade is super cute, funny and sexy…Zoe doesn’t like him on a deep level. Call me crazy but I want George and Zoe together because they fit, they belong together, they connect. Call me even crazier, but I want Wade to have all that too with someone who FEELS the same way about HIM! TEAM GEORGE/ZOE :)

• Keri says:

Well said, Elaina. :)

• lidia says:

THANK YOU!!!!

• Marisa_once says:

Yeah, very well said. Zoe and Wade DO NOT have a deep connection like George and Zoe have. In the long run Zorge have a future, not Zade.

• Mo says:

Actually, I guess I see the opposite of what you see. I liked Zoe with George, but I loved her with Wade. And I thought she was in denial about her feelings for Wade (for a long time, not just the last few episodes) because she was so fixated on George, just as George was trying to deny feelings for Zoe because he was engaged to Lemon. And as much fun as it was to watch George/Zoe in New Orleans, I was really hoping they would get interrupted BEFORE the kiss… because I didn’t want Zoe to be his rebound after Lemon. After a relationship & breakup like that the last thing he needs is to jump straight into something new… IF George/Zoe happens he needs some time to get his head straight first. In the meantime, I LOVE Wade/Zoe & think they have the potential to be endgame… when/if they realize there are real feelings behind that lusty hookup.

• Katherine215 says:

Agree! Zoe was totally denying her feelings for Wade because he wasn’t the “right” kind of guy: he’s not a doctor/lawyer, he’s a playboy, and he’s way too sexy to bring home to her mother! Plus, he’s all Bluebell, whereas George has some New York in him that is familiar to Zoe.

I dont’ know, I thought there was some sweetness in with the hotness during their hookup. I agree there’s feelings there that one or both might not want to acknowledge yet.

26. Gretchen says:

Wade and Zoe may have chemistry, but once that fades, what will they have? That’s not the start of a relationship or love, it’s lust and that fades.

27. Carol C says:

What a sizzling way to end! Can hardly wait till next year.

28. Ally says:

WOW! What an awesome finale! Hart of Dixie was the best new show of the past season!

29. Booth girl says:

Anyone out there waiting for the Lemon /Lavan rehook-up? I’m totally team Wade, but I think Lemon and Lavon are way more interesting.

• Marisa_once says:

I want them together too, but I’m team George. It’s part of the reason why I wanted George and Lemon split up. I want George/Zoe and Lemon/Lavon. Sorry, but Wade can have Tanzie

• Northern Julie says:

Totally. I think Lavon is the partner of her future, and George is the partner of her past. And I’m not comfortable with Lemon not resolving her mama situation before her wedding, even one rained out.

• ossicampbell says:

R u serious booth gal?most boring couple ever.

30. Ashley says:

I love Zoe and Wade. The sparks and electricity is unbelievable. I am sooo happy they finally gave what we wanted all season. It was a great way to end the season after all the teasing the whole season. That scene was so sexy and hot just like Wade. I hope they keep them together in season her and George just doesn’t have the same fireworks Zade does. George is nice and cute but he should get with Lemon or maybe Annabeth she is single now. Wade needs Zoe she helps him grow up and he helps her have fun and not be so wound up…I love them together I hope they don’t ruin it in season 2…:)

31. lidia says:

How can anyone say that george and zoey dont have fireworks?!? they had chemistry from the first night they met, and when they both faced theyre feelings away from bluebell they had a magical night. Plus they have sooo much in common. If zoey and wade end up together all the writers are gonna do is do the old scenario of him being scared of his feelings and run from her. George on the other hand had the balls to call off his wedding for her!!! Plus zoey has admitted she is in love with him. one night with some growing feelings for wade cant change that.

• Marisa_once says:

I agree. i saw the connection with George since the pilot, while it took me a few episode to even learn Wade’s name. And the only reason, we haven’t seen Zoe go after george is because he was engaged with Lemon, so she had to refrain herself.

• Joyce says:

I agree the connection with George has always been there with Zoe. I did not like the finale, I loved the New Orleans episode and I loved hearing George sing. I do hope Wade character develops into a good man but I do not see him with Zoe.

32. GIL says:

Zoe and Wade FTW!!!

33. blon says:

I am TEAM GEORGE!!!! So excited for season 2!

34. Zoe and Wade….Team Zade forever.

35. GeoDiva says:

I can’t choose! Bring on season 2!

36. carmen says:

Zoe and Wade … that was hottt and sexy … wow

37. Sara says:

Zoe has to end up with George! They just have to, they have such great chemistry. I do like Wade and Zoe together but it’s not right. I mean in the car when they were smiling at each other, it was more awkward and fake than cute. Just saying :)

38. Laura says:

I can’t decide who I want Zoe with as I think Wade and George are so different they each compliment her. But I was happy with Zoe and Wade’s hook up, it was so hot, just what Zoe needed. And I can’t wait to see what happens to Lemon next season. I really like her when you get to see the real Lemon and not the women she thinks she should be.

39. Lindsay says:

Finally Zoe does something smart and hooks up with Wade!!!! I have been waiting for this for so long! Even though I do not mind George, him and Zoe are just too similar. Sure they would fit together nice for a while but their relationship would get boring. Where as with Wade they would challenge each other with their differences, their relationship would be more exciting. Wade and Zoe bring something out in each other and they are so passionate together, I just don’t see the passion with Zoe and George. So TEAM WADE!! <3

40. Jen says:

Except for George spoiling the end, I just loved this episode. Wade and Zoe were just so perfect. When he walked through the door and just backed her into the wall, now that was just hot. They have the best chemistry. And when they were cuddling at the end, I was just happy that Wade finally got to be happy. I really hope Zoe doesn’t break his heart by picking George. I really try to like George but I just don’t. I don’t care about the character nor do I think George and Zoe have chemistry. Also I don’t like the fact that he just breaks up with his bride and is in front of Zoe’s door 5 minutes later. So more Wade and Zoe next season. More Lavon and Lemon and less of ‘Golden Boy’

41. Gil says:

Zoe is really intelligent, and Wade just isn’t. I thought she had zing with Wade, & that he’s a nice guy, but with George, she’s felt a real connection. They could talk for hours & she felt like he understood her. With Wade, she’s kind of stating that they have nothing in common. So yeah, it’s a nice storyline roadblock/triangle, & I like how they’ve made George less likeable in recent episodes, to kind of even out the Wade/George pro’s and cons. It’s nice writing, but in the end, I think it’s always been George. Basically, now he’s just paying for going back to Lemon after the whole affair revelation- when he should have chosen Zoe ASAP! I can respect that ;)

• Andrea says:

Finally someone who can respect the writers, none of us thought up the show or wrote all the great episodes so far. The writers did and if it took episodes and episodes of build up to get the kind of reaction we got from the final then bring it on, it makes the sweet moments taste that much sweeter. And while I personally am Team Wade I don’t want to see them just end up together next season, if I want to see that I read FanFic, I want to see intense fight scenes that lead to make out scenes, and heartache and sadness, and loss. I want to see all characters especially wades get deeper and more complex, and I want to see George and Zoe scene that are so well written that they make me want to switch teams. I don’t want to see everything next season I think or hope I’m going to see, I want to be amazed.

42. Beanergirl says:

On the one hand…Texas Forever. On the other hand…dang that Wade is sexy.

43. Alex says:

Surprised that I actually loved the finale! The rest of the season was a little boring for me, but now I’m looking forward to season 2.

44. Tracy says:

Loved the finale. And totally happy to see Zoe and Wade together. Maybe I’m the only one who feels this way, but I really HATE the Zoe/George thing. It bothered me a lot that Zoe thought it was okay to go after a soon-to-be married guy. And now I hate George for ditching his bride right before the wedding. I mean, maybe they shouldn’t get married, okay, but the way he does it…ugh. In movies, people think that kind of last-minute gesture is romantic, but in real life it’s the biggest douche move ever. And no girl in her right mind would want to be with a guy who’d done that.

• Ana Graves says:

You’re not the only one. I hate Zoe/George too. George didn’t behave fair, not to Zoe and definitely not to Lemon. He shouldn’t have forgiven Lemon at first place if he didn’t want to marry her. I’m only worried that Zoe is too much in love with him and too naive to see he’s not the right guy.

• Other Meredith says:

I agree completely. Plus, if I was Zoe, I would be worried that any second George would change his mind and go back to Lemon. George has been a big jerk to both Zoe and Lemon lately. Also, I love Wade.

45. Ana Graves says:

Zoe & Wade, all the way!

46. LOVED the finale! Really want to see Zoe with Wade, but I understand all the George/Zoe lovers too. I’m worried how the guys will each take it when they find out about what happened with the other. So looking forward to season 2!

47. Ella says:

Wade and Zoe are the best thing about this show. George deserved that punch from Lemon. What a jackass.

48. ChrisGa says:

I’m strictly Wade/Zoe as I think George, despite Scott Porter’s best efforts, is one of the most boring characters on television. Still, I’ve said all along the endgame is George and Zoe and despite what happened on the finale I still stand by that. Sadly, at the end of it all, it’ll be Zoe and George, Lemon and Lavon, and Wade probably out in the cold and off the show(though I would be totally okay with a Wade/Lemon pairing; Wilson Bethel could generate chemistry with an inanimate object and make it work).

• Gil says:

You’ve reminded me of that episode where Lemon posed as Wade’s girlfriend- and they were great together! God call :)

49. Satchmo047 says:

Megan I don’t think that you mean George “fiendishly” planned a wedding. He may have “feverishly” planned it, or perhaps he “frenziedly” planned it. It would only be fiendishly planned if George had an evil motive – and perhaps a long waxed mustache and rope to tie Lemon to some train tracks.

50. David says:

Why is it that I could always write a better ending than the so-called “writers?” All Zoe had to do was tell George that she no longer reciprocated his feelings. Returing to Wade, she could have simply stated: “The wedding’s off…but we’re not!” It would have set up next season to explore the Zoe/Wade relationship, while placing George in the uncomfortable (awkward?) position of knowing that he had lost BOTH Lemon and Zoe.